It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
reply to post by randyvs

Aren't you a Christian? Don't you realize the people in the second clip were laying down their lives in front of an abortion clinic? You're really going to mock them, or those who would protest for peace? Isn't laying down your life for others the basic message of your whole religion?

Jesus could have denied to Pontius Pilate and the Jews that he was the son of God, and ran away to live to see another day. Instead he stood strong in his convictions and willingly sacrificed himself for his beliefs. So did a lot of his followers in the years after his death.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I think Jesus would have a problem with someone making jokes about a person risking their life in the name of peace and love having their insides turned into ketchup.

Just one thing. Where do you get off reading so much into the post I made? Cut back on the caffine for crip sakes. Yep Christian all the way through and through thick and thin. I mock no one cause I know how it feels.
Ok two or three things . Your post is evidence to the fact I think people in this golden age are losing their fricken minds exponentially.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Ghost375
Can you people really not see what they are doing? It's just like the monks who burned themselves to death.
People don't listen unless you do drastic stuff.

Did you watch the second video?

Total Darwin Award recipients, the lot of them. I'll bet you that they never even considered the possibility that they might actually be run over.

Hippies...

I'm just glad no one was killed. Stupid should hurt, but not be a capital offense.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Oh and, if you're going to say "Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it any less meaningful" then that means there is miscommunication.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Um... what?

reply to post by randyvs

Typical "do as I say not as I do" Christian, deny, deny, deny...
edit on 6-6-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
While the actions of these protestors surely say nothing positive about the power of the brain, the fact that most were virtually unscathed is a testament to the strength of the human body.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You might think their protests were childish and useless because it won't change a thing... but what is so bad about publicly making their opinions heard, even if the only effect was bringing attention to the ignorant?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
See the reason people think it's funny is because a bunch of "rebel" high schoolers thought it would be fun to protest a war they most likely no nothing about, by forming a human barricade during rush hour traffic, and a couple kids got rolled over. If someone's brains got splattered all over the pavement I don't think we'd be sick enough to laugh at that. Somebody probably got a bruise on her leg for being an idiot. We are allowed to find humor in such a situation. Maybe some of us have a slightly darker sense of humor than others, but I think most of the people in this thread felt it was quite the comedic display.

People are comparing this protest to other forms of protest that have zero similarities between each other. These kids didn't go to Washington. They didn't go in front of a government office. They laid down in front of traffic blocking people from getting to work. They weren't protesting a war, they were protesting people making a living.

Seriously, what were they expecting? Did they think the commuters were going to get out of their car chanting "No War for Oil!!!" Were they hoping the people they were blocking would get out and and join hands, telling them how great their cause was? No, they were doing it to get a rise out of people, and they got what they wanted. Now an innocent old man is going to be getting charged with attempted homicide when all he wanted to do was get to his destination.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wow.
Wow, to the videos.
Wow, to the thread.
Wow, to the posters in the thread.
I am at a loss for words.

Serious star and flag though!
edit on 6-6-2011 by AnimusInvictus because: added a something

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Explanation: Uhhhm?

Don't pedestrians have right of way OVER vehicals? [Or does jay walking laws supercede them?]

If yes, then the drivers need to be done for assault with a deadly weapon.

I'm sorry but these hippies are not pedestrians.

pe·des·tri·an   

–noun
1. a person who goes or travels on foot; walker.
–adjective
2. going or performed on foot; walking.
3. of or pertaining to walking.

These idiots thought it would be groovy to act like pavement and are now griping about it?
Nope, sorry, next time they'll try to fly, then what?

edit on 6-6-2011 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Protest has its place, but in the end is really just a limp wristed way of admitting that you are powerless to anything about the problem you are protesting. It follows that such an admission would lead to such stupidity.

Protest is the only way humanity has to make its will known, without a revoluton, aside from letters and phone calls, voting doesnt count, don't matter what side you vote for, and if you ran your own they'd be dead or bought off, and wouldnt change the system to a eutopia.

I want everyone, 70% of humanity to protest nonstop in front of their legistaltion, 24/7, with people taking turns to get food and stuff, and not leave until this world is wonderful, equal, no money, everyone has access to land and resources and loves each other and helps each other have homes and plant gardens and shares and gets the clean technology released and they and their bankers/realtors ask for amnesty Period. I don't compromise because all the other points are slavery and control and therefore horrendous crimes against humanity and illegal. And if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth, and a crime of slavery is still an illegal crime.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I'm a girl... so, physically, I have no balls to begin with.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have to agree that putting yourself infront of an on moving vehicle is pretty stupid. If you really want to sacrifice yourself in that manner then I guess it's what you're meant to do, but I'd imagine most people weren't really expecting anyone to run them over.

I do believe there are more effective ways of protest than sitting in the middle of the street during rush hour. In fact...I may see it as counter productive to their cause.
edit on 6-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Confucious say:

Man who lay in front of car, should learn to love rubber.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Protest has its place, but in the end is really just a limp wristed way of admitting that you are powerless to anything about the problem you are protesting. It follows that such an admission would lead to such stupidity.

You and your brilliant insight.

I like you Jean Paul, your posts always bring the real topic to the forefront and call out the meandering chatter for what it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

you said,
"Typical "do as I say not as I do" Christian, deny, deny, deny"

I really want to let this go.. but........ THERE"S NOTHING TO DENY!!!
SO PLEASE DON"T REPLY!!!

You over reacted and hate Christians.

edit on 6-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
these stupid people we not "Fighting the Power: or the MAN," they were impeding other peoples liberty and coercing their own ideas on to people: if you really wanna protest war, how is stopping people from moving freely in their own personal property gonna lead to peace... its gonna incite anger.

"you cannot pass because we are against war" well if your gonna lay in front of vehicles dont complain when your dumb ass friends get run over... the motorist are not bombing / shooting anybody, in fact they just incited more violence by demonstrating like that: Geez well i guess that doesn't work...????

you can't force people to be part of your protest in a random city on a heavily traveled road, also
if a cyclist can't pedel 30-45 mph, they shouldn't be able to hold the damn lane...

i found this thread absolutely entertaining: servers them right, especially what one poster said about people protesting by laying down, Hell with that, i'll stand up ^ for what i believe in, those kids in the first video should have been a bit more smart about this... a car can move through a person and people, i would have the blocked the roads and lit the streets on fire if i was that passonate... not get hurt or killed, protesting people being hurt and killed, where is the logic in that?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

see the threads about golan, syria and isreal.

couldn't help myself!

hippies? really?

are they my age? didn't look it.

yes way stupid to lie down in front of traffic.

we used to only be afraid of the cops dragging us away with the occasional knock on the head.

not SUV's or a prius. they give hippie's a bad name.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
it's extremely irrationally to sit down in front of any moving machinery. Even if its for a statement. It's extremely retarded. These people think people won't run them over. Of course they shouldn't be ran over, but peaceful protests are extremely illogical. As well as violent protests. Protests are pointless because voices aren't heard, regardless if there is media coverage or the people believe they are being noticed. IT WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Until people start coming together creating solutions that are far more thought out than sitting and standing around buildings yelling catchy slogans, sitting in front of cars
, and believing they are doing something beneficial, enjoy your 'change'.

I must agree with you. In our nation is great tradition of defenestration - literally throwing representatives (still people) out of window. First defenestration was very successful, probably because all defenestrated were dead. Second one was national disaster probably because all defenestrated survived. Catharsis? If you want change, kill all your significant opponents. Peaceful protest have no sense because holders of power are afraid only of bigger power ... may be one time flower power will be enough to change something. Just know only violence and money have something to say.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Definite candidates for Darwin Awards if I ever saw any. What a waste of time and energy. Like Winston Churchill said, "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Looks they're not done trying everything else yet...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Lord have mercy!
It shows they have no power though, if they had some they wouldn't be getting run over.
Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Wow I am amazed that there are allready 12 flags for the OP's statement. Even the posts after that are all about running people over with the car and that it is their own fault. Maybe it is but aren't we forgetting one simple item.

Humanity

Where is the humanity of those people who run those people down?
I am feeling sick of these people who think they have more rights then others to willingly take lives to achieve their goal.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join