It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That was just out of control ! From sitting in the street to the hit and run. Out of control. Stupid kids. At least the old guy wasn't driving an old Bonneville or something. That girl would then look like she laid down in front of a tank. Poppa tomato says,"ketch-up" ?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

It's true that a car beats a pedestrian when there's a collision. Then again I'd guess bullet beats car. I think the moral of the story is to peacefully protest and if someone in a car gets a bit cross then blow his friggin brains out. That would stop him.

The other option would be to let people filter through slowly so they are inconvenienced but don't go crazy.

The people that drive over other people are obviously insane and deserve to be locked away for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
At least these people have the balls to try and do something about what they believe in... instead of sitting on their lazy bums and bitching about it in the faceless world of cyberspace.

A smart man who doesn't lay down and runs away, learns what he did wrong, comes back one day and cleans up shop. Wheras the idiot who layed down. Is dead.

But hey, the guy who layed down had more 'balls'... that is surely the more important lesson here.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
These protestors think everyone else values their lives as much as they do. Bad mistake. If they want to vie for a Darwin Award, more power to them. You do something, stupid, you die. It's a law of nature. If you want to call them heros, by all means give them a medal. They're still dead--or should be.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You find it hilarious that people are being run over and possibly maimed or killed? You're the one who's behavior is disturbing in this scenario. What these people did was stupid, but the cops should have been there arresting them and getting them off the street instead of the motorists taking matters into their own hands and possibly maiming or killing them in a horrific manner.

I can't believe there would be people mocking protestors and wishing them harm on a message board such as this.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Having a dark sense of humor is more disturbing to you than a group of people's ridiculous decision to sit/lie down in front of moving cars?

I see.

If I felt sorry for every stupid thing I've seen people do I'd be one sad panda.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Must bear that in mind if I ever have an urge to protest, or rather if I ever convince myself it will make one iota of difference: When conducting sit-down protests in rush hour traffic always place stinger strip between car and self.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That was disturbing! Apparently, they are now advocates for speed reduction and speed bumps? If they want to lay down, pick a better place like a couch or a bed, and definitely not the road!

My parents always taught me to look both ways and to not play around in the street. Perhaps, these people missed the memo? Luckily none of the protesters were killed. It is a great thing to feel passionately about a cause, but laying down in the street is not a way to get attention. There are plenty of places to protest, but the road is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I find this hilarious and a tad bit disturbing

You found this hilarious

While I agree sitting in front of or driving a bike slowly in front of a car is stupid that still doesn't give a human being the right to mow someone down.

People are changing, and not for the better.

I found this sad, disturbing and really shakes my faith in humanity...........what a mean mf.

To feel your car roll over someone and simply not care?

This is deeply and profoundly sick.

The guy should have picked up his cell phone and called the police instead of running the girl over.

If he didn't have a cell phone (which is unusual) he should have turned around and gone back and phoned the police or gone and gotten the police.

Now, what if that had been your daughter or son?

See how callous your statement was?

We're going back to truly barbaric times or perhaps not all of us that look homosapien are homosapien.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Regardless of who it may have been, I would have been one of the first people to help the ones that got run over.

Sense of humour does not correlate with absence of morality.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 6-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Of course protesters will change nothing when society is filled with people like you who choose to ridicule and ignore them just like governments do.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Aren't you a Christian? Don't you realize the people in the second clip were laying down their lives in front of an abortion clinic? You're really going to mock them, or those who would protest for peace? Isn't laying down your life for others the basic message of your whole religion?

Jesus could have denied to Pontius Pilate and the Jews that he was the son of God, and ran away to live to see another day. Instead he stood strong in his convictions and willingly sacrificed himself for his beliefs. So did a lot of his followers in the years after his death.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I think Jesus would have a problem with someone making jokes about a person risking their life in the name of peace and love having their insides turned into ketchup.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

protest is really just an admission of powerlessness

I don't know, JP. Mebbe, mebbe not. Accomplishments have been made through protests -- The Suffrage Movement, case in point. A few voices eventually led to thousands, and look what they were able to eventually accomplish. It was a courageous and magnificent undertaking, and they were successful.

It's a way of saying we are here, we have a voice, and we are not afraid. It can make the powers that be very uncomfortable.

(Well, maybe not so much in this case). Obviously, they had too much confidence in their fellow citizens, that they wouldn't be harmed. Turns out trusting was a naive and fatal mistake.

Perhaps when someone feels powerless, these actions are a step towards empowerment. You have to start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darius2025

WTF?... These people protesting peacefully are idiots but the the people who drive over them aren't?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot

Of course protesters will change nothing when society is filled with people like you who choose to ridicule and ignore them just like governments do.

Children, for the most part, learn at a very early age that protest - particularly an ill advised tantrum - is fairly useless and generally will not change a thing. Of course, children, for the most part, are brilliant problem solvers and once they discover their pouty protests aren't working move on to a more effective strategy. Not all children, of course, as unfortunately there are parents who will acquiesce to a child's tantrum, but it is rare under parents who do not tolerate such ill advised behavior to find that child relying upon protest to get what they want.

I have all ready said it, and I will say it again, protest has its place and when done properly can have some effect, but it is inherently itself a act of effect, not cause. If you want to affect change then be cause.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Right, a lady I use to play poker with had a grandmother that was part of the French Resistence during WWII and was killed for standing up for what she believed in.

No more war...............sounds pretty good to me.

I've been on the front line of a Vietnam War Protest facing cops with billy clubs and shields.........a guy four people down from me got clubbed in the head, but hey maybe that little naked kid running down a dirt road on fire from napalm in a faraway country doesn't matter to the likes of you.

You actually justify someone running another human being over with a car.

Vietnam
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0619bcd31b61.jpg[/atsimg]

Iraq
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e500c9b00b7.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I know a man that ran over and killed 8 people back in the 70's. He drove a logging truck. Tree huggers were protesting them cutting all the trees. Some a bunch of them laid down in the road to stop the trucks. They pick a bad place to pull such a stunt to being with. He comes up over the crest of a hill and and there they are on the down side. He ground 8 of them into hamburger meat before he could stop. It has been over 30 years and he still has nightmares about it.
I do not feel sorry for any fool that lays down in front of a car or truck on purpose. They have a term for doing that. It is called 'suicide'

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Starred your reply.

At least there is another human being with a heart on this thread.

Some of these replies are heartless.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

Ofcourse society will change nothing when people like you who feel they have a higher moral compass choose to argue against a persons motives over the internet about them not doing anything sitting behind a computer.

It can go a long way, white knight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join