It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Bizarre Phobias

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Hawkwind.

lol dont poor little fella me. I come to ATS to read good thought provoking topics and original content hopefully.

If i wanted to read top 10 lists of listverse I would go there. And on top of it, you took everything they wrote about and stole it. didnt even put it in quotations. and you barely added any of your own content. Im actually pretty sure a couple of those are against TC. Its just funny how many people run here with every little thing they can find to get a few paltry flags and stars.

Awww, you're just like a little Jack Russell dog snapping at my heels, how cute.

I provided a link with the actual page I pasted from, what more do you want? I also see you're a t+c's nazi fanboy and therefore should learn to relax a bit. Also, if you believe there's a lack of ''good thought provoking topics'' here why don't you create some yourself? Boo hoo?
edit on 5-6-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
new members, new threads, some cover same topics that the olds have read but the new havnt.

Just like going to the doctor and asking a question: theres no wrong questions.

I belive the same about the threads on ATS some have been partially covered, whats one to expect when certain parts of the board are only postable/viewable with enough posts, forgive the newbs for their lack use "search" we are all here for the same thing, being a T&C/grammer/spelling freak doesnt really project the positive image these forums have managed so far, some how.

A fear of being trolled when i express my mind on the web, i wonder what that would be called, "Xenoforumphobia"?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, I haven't seen the 'list' until this thread. I found it interesting and entertaining. Thanks for posting it. S&F just because a sourpuss dissed it.

As far as being tickled, tickling is torture. Period. Ex-hubby found out that if you sit on me and tickle me you will get a head-butt on the forehead so hard it will make you see stars. The tickling stopped for good.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Clowns are evil!!

I have never liked clowns, they are just creepy.

Now the fear of being tickled with a feather I don't get either but I do NOT like to be tickled.

I have come to the conclusion over the years that fear of clowns is very common! I certainly fear clowns, so do my children, and my siblings - and possibly my parents! (I've never asked). My theory is that people who fear clowns outnumber those who don't...
Fear of being tickled by feathers? No I am not afraid of that, I am afraid of the feathers! I am also phobic of birds, and I have heard that fear of feathers/birds is much more common in women than in men. I wonder why?
Vicky

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I worked with a gril that had koumpounophobia. The fear of buttons on clothing, known as button phobia, is an irrational phobia which is, perhaps surprisingly, a fairly common fear.

She always wore t-shirts. Even her kids clothes had no buttons. She said they made her feel nauseous. Strange.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have Agyrophobia (fear of streets or crossing the street) but it is only major intersections I am afraid of crossing. The fear I experience is just not normal. Luckily, I've trained myself to get over it, but there is still fear every time I cross!

I also have a phobia of balloons. I suck.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A whole lot of people in SA suffer from Ergasiophobia.
No joke.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri

A whole lot of people in SA suffer from Ergasiophobia.
No joke.

might have something to do with this;

Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance. They do this by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and actions.[2] Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Okay, my bizarre phobia is of stickers and tape. Not clean, new tape that I need to use, like to wrap gifts or hang something up, but old tape. I can't touch it. If I do, I feel like I can't get it off me, like I'm contaminated or something. People think it's funny, but it freaks me out. You know how some people can stick stickers on themselves or put them on other people and it's a funny thing to them? Well when they try to do it to me, they are so shocked and amused when I recoil in disgust and horror. I really don't know why I have the fear. Oh and about using new tape, I freak out if it gets stuck on me and I can't get it off in a hurry. I must use it carefully so I don't have an issue.

Just wanted to add, my brother has tortured me with my fear by sticking stuff on me or taunting me with the threat of it. Sometimes I wonder if he made me fear it and I don't remember it (maybe blocked memory or just too young to remember), or if he just used an existing fear to his advantage.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread, lol.... I meant to do it in the "share your weird phobia" thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I met a girl over the weekend who had a fear of stickers! I knew one boy who was afraid of them for a different reason (highly allergic to the glue), but this girl said she had feared stickers her whole life and she can't pinpoint why.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

Wow! I have never met or heard of anyone else with it! Very interesting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join