It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis prepare to emigrate and Palestinians to Return?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I originally read this piece a couple of days ago but was unable to find the original article, but found it repeated in the below link:

mycatbirdseat.com...

by Franklin Lamb / Al-Manar

Is this how the Zionist project might end?

Perhaps historians or cultural anthropologists surveying the course of human events can identify for us a land, in addition to Palestine, where such a large percentage of a recently arrived colonial population prepared to exercise their right to depart, while many more, with actual millennial roots but victims of ethnic cleansing, prepare to exercise their right of Return.

One of the many ironies inherent in the 19th century Zionist colonial enterprise in Palestine is the fact that this increasingly fraying project was billed for most of the 20th century as a haven in the Middle East for “returning” persecuted European Jews. But today, in the 21st century, it is Europe that is increasingly being viewed by a large number of the illegal occupiers of Palestinian land as the much desired haven for returning Middle Eastern Jews.

From what I have read, it appears many in Israel seem to have a growing desire to leave, and as the article states, the numbers are growing. After all the inducements given to emigrate to the Jewish state, many seem to be disillusioned with the reality, as the below quote seems to indicate:

Centrifugal pressures within Israeli society, especially among Russian immigrants who overwhelmingly reject Zionism. Since the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, some one million Jews have come to Israel from the former Soviet Union, enlarging the country’s population by 25 percent and forming the largest concentration in the world of Russian Jews. But today, Russian Jews comprise the largest group emigrating from Israel and they have been returning in droves for reasons ranging from opposition to Zionism, discrimination, and broken promises regarding employment and “the good life” in Israel.

I also find the quote from AIPAC rather interesting. After decades of funneling money (much from US taxpayers) into funding Israeli settlements - many of them illegal - they now seem to be indicating that the bought US congress has agreed, or will agree (after the usual inducements) to foot the bill to resettle Israeli Jews in the US.

AIPAC also represented to their Israeli interrogators that the US Congress could be trusted to approve funding for arriving Israeli Jews “to be allocated substantial cash resettlement grants to ease transition into their new country.”

So, US taxpayers have been filched and paid for immigrant settlers to Israel, and now will foot the bill for resettling them in the US? Such a deal!

It'll be interesting to see how this all starts to pan out.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I can understand the desire of increasing numbers of Israelis to leave Israel and emigrate to the US or Europe as both options are far superior in terms of safety, climate and economics, but please god not the rabid right wingers who recently emigrated to Israel from Russia and are responsible for the recent, past 20/30 years, rise in ever more right wing govts unwilling to truly open up to the Palestinians and thus promoting a permanent state of war.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

A blog with no outside sources or links? This will pan out well.

And I don't understand people who think Israel is not safe. It may be in the middle of a warzone, but Israel is the safest country in the world. I felt safer there then I ever did here in southern California.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I don't expect to see this any time soon in the Israeli press or from the Iraeli government. After all, it is the promised land, and they have worked so tirelessly to make it a Jewish state, at the expense of the rest of the planet, to suit their twisted logic and political agendas.
If the settlers, who were enticed to Israel with all the promises of a good life and financial aid are looking at getting out, the entire premise for the state of Israels existence is under threat. Can you really imagine that reported by the mainstream controlled press?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I found this Dutch documentary rather interesting ......

I can appreciate Israeli citizens maintaining a `fall back on plan` should the situation deteriorate.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Actually, it was in the Israeli press last week.

Israel has a foot hold on it's land I can confidently tell you they are not going to give it up now or any other time in the future.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yes, "Israel" has a foothold, but Israel is nothing without it's people, many of whom are immigrants with no ethnic connection to the land on which they live. If they start moving out for a better deal elsewhere, what becomes of Israel with a dwindling Jewish population?
edit on 5-6-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmm, I haven't seen any giant construction projects in the Mexican desert as of late

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Have you looked at the population numbers of late? There appears to be no slow down of Jews immigrating to Israel....in fact, Israel's future looks very bright.

I know you feel upset by that.......

Israel is here to stay and it's going no where, ever, period!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

en.wikipedia.org...

The Koenig Memorandum was the first publicly available document to outline some of the "policies of discrimination and containment" that Palestinian citizens have been subject to since 1948, reflecting "planning and deliberations at the policy-making circles."[4] Its publication also exposed policy options that Israeli policy makers were considering prior to Land Day, as its first (main) section was finalized on 1 March - one month before the events of Land Day.[4]

Of course the Jewish demographic will always be larger within Israel due to their policy of discrimination towards non-Semites and non-Jews.

However your statement that the Jewish population of Jewish imigratns is increasing is wrong like most the apparent falsehoods you reverbarate on these forums.
In 2006: 19,269 Jews imigrated to Israel wheras from 2000–2004: 60,647 Jews imigrated to Israel and from 1990-1999: 956,319 Jews imigrated to Israel (note: Post USSR period). The numbers state that Jewish imigration to Israel since the collapse of the USSR has declined.

Infact this PDF( www.policyarchive.org... ) shows that Jewish emigration from Israel and Jewish imigration into the U.S has seen sharp increases.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Many of the Zionists in the late 19th century had contemplated giving certain geographics area the 'privelege' to become the home of the Jewish people. Some other locations mentioned besides British Palestine was Madagascar and Florida, USA so I wonder if some of these other locations could come up in discussion.

I am already angry that we give money to Israel in the first place now they want us to fund Israeli immigrants to settle in our country, take our jobs, change our homes? Hell no! I can speak for myself and millions of other Americans when I say that if Israelis went to immigrate here do it on their own.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I would not trust this article since it blatantly lies. Vast majority of people who came from Russian federation (or Soviet Union) vote for right wing parties who ,at least in the public eye, appear more connected to Zionist values. Of course there are people who leave Israel for other countries, both Jews and Arabs, but numbers are not overwhelming.
Almost every year more people come to Israel then leave it. With very few exceptions.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

You blatantly lie yourself. Most Russian-Jews feel they have no cultural connection or had no cultural connection to Israel prior to their immigration. The fact is that after the USSR was disolved 72,000,000 Russians were forced below the poverty line living on $2 a day, where as Israel provided them with economic asperations. This is the cause for the resulting mass imigration of Russian Jews.

Certianly there is more population growth and more imigration in and to Israel. This is evident in any other stable, secure and economically well of country.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

You blatantly lie yourself

Then prove it. In numbers. Show me how all the million plus people from Soviet Union are leaving for better life in X , y or even Z.
I live here. I know lots of people from Russia. I have relatives from there. I work with people who repatriated from Soviet Union. I served in army with lots of Russian-speaking guys. But of course you are more qualified to know what is truth. As you know there are Russian-speaking ghettos - wait, actually there is no such thing....
As for those who leave (thousands yearly) Israel for better economic conditions elsewhere (and it is very hard for young couples in Israel) - well, they come from all kinds of ethnic background.Some Israeli Arabs also leave. Some Sephardic Jews leave.Some Ashkenazi Jews leave.Some Russian Jews leave. Still, almost every year more people come to Israel then leave.
Just to enlighten you:
Jews from Soviet Union started to come to Israel in mass in 1970s. Before collapse of Soviet Union and 2 $ a day. Almost 200000 people, and not all who wanted were allowed to leave. After fall of Soviet Union another million arrived.
So tell me , how many people from Soviet Union or Russia left Israel this decade?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I'm sorry if I have misunderstood you but you have worded your statement in such a way that it is difficult to understand.

As for those who leave (thousands yearly) Israel for better economic conditions elsewhere (and it is very hard for young couples in Israel) - well, they come from all kinds of ethnic background.Some Israeli Arabs also leave. Some Sephardic Jews leave.Some Ashkenazi Jews leave.Some Russian Jews leave. Still, almost every year more people come to Israel then leave.

ever said this is incorrect. Most certianly Israel will see more imigration and population growth rather than emigration. This is becuase of it's relativaly stable political and economic atmosphere. We see the same occur in most of the developed world. It isn't becuase God is telling them too, it is simply becuase it provides a oppurtunistic future investment.

Jews from Soviet Union started to come to Israel in mass in 1970s. Before collapse of Soviet Union and 2 $ a day.

This statement is both incorrect and superficial. In 1970, 999 exit VISA's to Israel were issued from the USSR. However you are correct that between the period of 1970-1979, 250 000 Jews emigrated from the USSR. On average their was a yearly emigration of Jews from Russia to Israel of around 15,000. This isn't becuase of religous ties but becuase of the strong anti-Semitism present in the USSR after the 6 day war. Although 250,000 Jews left the USSR with Israeli exit visa's many/most didn't go to Israel. This is evidenced by the fact that in 1979 a record 71,000 Soviet Jews were granted exodus from the USSR, of whom only 12,117 immigrated to Israel. Most Jews with exit Visa's granted to Israel rather imigrated to the U.S, thus debunking your theory that the majority of Russian Jews came to Israel for spirutual and religous purposes.

I will once again re-afirm my previous statement, that the fact that the collapse of the Soviet Union which led to IMF and WBO laissez-faire economic reform backed by Boris Yeltsin which caused the impovrishment of 72,000,000 Russians up from the previous amount of 2,000,000 Russians living below $2 a dah- was the main factor in the resulting mas exodus of Russian Jews to Israel

Here are my sources: The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.mfa.gov.il...
Here they discuss the Russian Aliyah- a term I am sure you are familiar with.
Here is a record of exit VISA's to Israel granted by the USSR: www.memo.ru...

Your arguments based on the fact that you know many Russian Jews in Israel will be discarded as they are both irrelevant and you cannot support your argument with sources that may be nothing more than imaginary.

So tell me , how many people from Soviet Union or Russia left Israel this decade?

In 2006, 6,185 Jews imigrated to Israel from Russia. These are the latest statistics which I could find. Notably during this period the Israeli economy continued to boom as it has since 9/11 whereas the Russian economy stayed relatively stable for it's standards with around 6.5% unemployment and around 5% Industrial growth. However Russian equity figures show that the distribution of this income was disproportional. Israel thus during this period was a far greater economic asperation for those 6,185 Jews. These figures were also far smaller then the Jews which left Russia from 1970-1979 (most didn't go to Israel remember) and those who left Russia after the collapse of the USSR.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Actually I think it'd be kind of funny. Put all the crazies from Israel next to the American crazies. After all, it IS the American crazies' fault.

new topics

top topics

join