It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science fails to exclude God

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I do not know of any scientific evidence that contradicts the Bible, if you have some then please produce it.

1) People living in whales.
2) Global flood that never happened.
3) Meteorites being a sign of god.
4) Humans just popping up in their current form without evolution.
5) A wooden boat that can host 2 of each kind of animal.
6) Someone parting the waters.
7) Someone walking on water.
8) Talking snakes.
9) Angels with wings

10) Being able to see the entire earth when standing on a mountain.

...and the list goes on. Every single one of those claims are from the bible, and every single one is demonstrably wrong and not based on facts.

In short, there's a TON that is demonstrably wrong in the bible, and stuff that isn't based on scientific facts.

Unfortunately that is not proof to anything. Just because science can't produce the same thing in a lab doesn't mean it's not true. If that is the case then they should be able to produce their own universe, that is of course if their theory is correct.
edit on 14-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

It's maybe meaningless to point this out to you, but you are referring to scientific principles (these days we would call it philosophy of science), which more or less became obsolete 50-60 years ago. Science is no longer using strict reductionist materialist philosophy as an exclusive base.

In any case you're using the 'disprove me' argument, so as said maybe some dozen times or more, if that's your basis, you can ofcourse 'disprove' all competing religious claims, so Brahma after all ISN'T the real 'god'.

Come on now, your still not answering the question. You've yet to show your evidence to debunk Gen 1.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And what about the fact that we know for a FACT a global flood didn't happen? You can't be serious...
edit on 14-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

It has never been dis-proven. I guess all of the stories outside of the Bible are wrong as well? How could anyone claim that such an event didn't happen when there are tons of stories from different cultures saying that it did.

Do you have any idea how much sedimental evidence a global flood would leave behind? And the resulting mass extinctions? Freshwater fish would die, so would saltwater fish, all plants, soil would be ruined for years, and the list goes on

So yeah, science has completely debunked the myth of a global flood

What the people in the bible (along with the other flood myths) talk about are LOCAL floods. Which of course highlights what a bunch of nonsense Noah's story is. It's pure fiction, entertaining fiction maybe, but still fiction and demonstrably NOT fact.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

As there are too many options for me to draw and paste (even if I knew how to paste a drawing, which is doubtful), take a piece of paper and a pencil and draw a model of cosmos according to the text of genesis 1. You can make the firmament a sphere, a semi-sphere, a cube, a plane or whatever you like and then you place the earth UNDER the firmament.

Then you try to make out, how the relative movement of the earth and sun is, without the earth getting onto the firmament. Can't be simpler.

The initial description is given in verses 5-10 and finishes in verses 14-17.

Then there is the problem of photosynthesis in verse 11-12.

And in verses 14-17 the sun. moon and stars are created after the earth

And the metabolistic problem of all biological beings as vegetarians in verses 29-30.

Later it turns out, that genesis 1 and 2 are not identical, as in gen. 1 are animals created before mankind, but in gen. 2 after (verse 2:19).

If you want help to get out of these dilemmas, I'm quite sure there are pro-christian sites with ready-made answers. I only hope, you can understand these answers in case you use them; there's usually a LOT of semantic, magic and really weird science in them.

Look bro, I respect the fact that you might smart in some areas, but I don't think your ability to debunk this one is up to par. Seriously, have you ever even read Gen 1-2 in it's entirety? If you had, you would clearly see the order of how this was done. As I always say, it's easy to debunk the Bible when you select only a few verses to back up your claim.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You wrote:

["Come on now, your still not answering the question. You've yet to show your evidence to debunk Gen 1."]

03:36 I placed a post. Did you read it? Are there any words in it, you don't understand? Are there any sentences you don't understand?

Are there any references to scientific concepts you don't understand?

I can take every single part step by step, if you like.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I was asking if you did change your answer not saying that you did change it. What are you getting old?

Darkness dosn't exist tho . Darkness is not a thing. It is the light that exists. Darkness is just a word we use to
describe the absence of created light. See God created light. It can be broken down to reveal a spectrum of
of the colors with in. It's speed can be measured. God created light and it was good. There are many kinds of light but you don't ever have light constantly do you ? When you have no light what you really have, is nothing. You call that nothing darkness.
Darkness absolutely does not exist. Light exists because it was created to overcome the nothing that is darkness.
God spoke and the light was there and the light was good.
You're wrong X

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

See God created light.

Actually, we know full well how light is created...no magic involved

Here's a list of light sources...somehow god didn't make it onto that list

When you have no light what you really have, is nothing.

And you're wrong again, even if visible light is absent, there's stuff there. Radiation, molecules, sometimes lifeforms...calling that nothing is just plain wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how much sedimental evidence a global flood would leave behind? And the resulting mass extinctions? Freshwater fish would die, so would saltwater fish, all plants, soil would be ruined for years, and the list goes on

Another hypothesis I'm afraid. Such a thing could never be proven as fact unless it happened in our own lifetime. Of course there would be no such evidence unless someone survived such an event. Unless science has investigated every inch of earth they could never know such a thing to be fact. Therefore we have to look to the history books in order to give a proper answer.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Another hypothesis I'm afraid. Such a thing could never be proven as fact unless it happened in our own lifetime.

Of course it can be proven. We know for a FACT floods leave behind sedimental evidence, every single time!! So a global flood would do the same. And guess what, there is NONE that would support the global flood myth. Just like there's no unicorns

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Another hypothesis I'm afraid. Such a thing could never be proven as fact unless it happened in our own lifetime.

Of course it can be proven. We know for a FACT floods leave behind sedimental evidence, every single time!! So a global flood would do the same. And guess what, there is NONE that would support the global flood myth. Just like there's no unicorns

Again, Unless science has investigated every inch of earth they could never know such a thing to be fact.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I can take every single part step by step, if you like.

I'd love to see it. I like to keep things in plain English though, so let's keep in mind that not everyone understands some of the big terms you use.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Here is a nearly complete list of all of the gods science "fails to exclude".
LIST OF GODS
Using your logic I guess they all exist.

YOU are the one making extraordinary claims of invisible gods in the sky. Extraordinary claims REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Again, Unless science has investigated every inch of earth they could never know such a thing to be fact.

The sedimental evidence would be EVERYWHERE. So every time they dig down to a certain time period, they should find sedimental evidence...every single time. But they haven't found it, and given the amount of soil samples taken every single year for years and years and years, they would have found it by now.

So yeah, we know for a FACT that the global flood didin't happen

Just like we know for a FACT that snakes are biologically incapable of talking...or just like we know that people can't survive in whales.

Those are FACTS backed up by evidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Why would I even look at your links ? Just more machanics. You really do believe that explaining the machanics of creation negates the Creator. ? You know as well as I do, that energy and matter, do not increase or decrease
within a closed system? The amount of energy and mass within the universe is always the same. Yet energy can change to matter and like wise the other way, correct ?

And you're wrong again, even if visible light is absent, there's stuff there. Radiation, molecules, sometimes lifeforms...calling that nothing is just plain wrong.

What's wrong with you X ? That is just very weak, Radiation is radiation . Same with molecules.
Darkness is nothing and it dosn't exist. I'm not wrong, just because you say I am.
edit on 14-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The sedimental evidence would be EVERYWHERE. So every time they dig down to a certain time period, they should find sedimental evidence...every single time. But they haven't found it, and given the amount of soil samples taken every single year for years and years and years, they would have found it by now.

So yeah, we know for a FACT that the global flood didin't happen

That's why they will never find such evidence, they dig down instead of up. In order to get to the facts of this matter scientist would have to climb the tallest mountains on earth in order to gain such knowledge.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The amount of energy and mass within the universe is always the same.

We don't even know the size of the universe...so we can't know if the energy/mass content stays the same. In fact, given that for all we know the universe is expanding, we will eventually reach a time where everything cools down to absolute zero.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That's why they will never find such evidence, they dig down instead of up. In order to get to the facts of this matter scientist would have to climb the tallest mountains on earth in order to gain such knowledge.

And why's that? we know that the deeper you dig, the further back in time you get. Why would you look for evidence on top of a mountain and only find evidence there???

And "digging up"? Really? Like...digging up into the air?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We don't even know the size of the universe

That's why we need a relationship with God. How are we ever going to know certain things with out him?
Glad you're finally starting to see.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's why we need a relationship with God. How are we ever going to know certain things with out him?

In other words, you can't cope with the reality of not knowing.

I think you're confusing "knowing" with "believing"...because you most certainly don't know the things you claim to know, hell, you can't even prove any of those claims

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

For those who can't seem to follow.

How are we ever going to know how big the universe is ? If we can't ask the one who must know ?
What is knowledge if it isn't known?

you can't even prove any of those claims

You mean like darkness not existing.?

So hey X
Does darkness exist?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Why would you look for evidence on top of a mountain and only find evidence there???

Pretty simple, if water ever got that high, like the flood says it did, don't you think looking on the highest mountains would produce the best evidence? I'm pretty sure there are some fossils up there that have alot to say about the matter. Of course scientist could not go that high without freezing to death

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join