It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science fails to exclude God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have to wonder why this is such an obsession with some scientists ? They seem driven/determined that religion
steps on the toes of science. No matter how many times, in how many ways, they are reminded that God is not
responsible for religion. Religion being from man, Christ being of the Father. Not of this world. I have no problem
with religion being excluded from society. But only if all religion is excluded. Satan worship being amoung them.
However to exclude God ? That doesn't have to be a result of excluding religion.

Yet scientists persist and many go off the deep end to endeavor, that God doesn't exist at all. I think that is an
extrordinary claim. I believe anyone making such a claim must first possess full knowledge of the universe.
With out it, how can one decide what does and does not exist ? Also if one possessed full knowledge of the
universe ? Wouldn't that make one God or a God ? In essence to claim God does not exist, is to claim
one is God himself. God does not exist ! = I am God.

So science from many directions, is desperate to prove God does not exist and should never be considered
apart of any equasion. Scientists fail to notice that when one excludes God it can't stop there. Even in many debates right here on ATS, I've seen things like love, the soul, Jesus Christ get tossed aside as well. For every action there is a reaction. If you eliminate God ? It automatically sets off a chain reaction of eliminations, that can't lead to anything good at all. One must keep eliminating things until there is nothing left.

If we look at this from an ontological view ? We must all agree that to exist is greater than to non-exist. Logically ? To follow the rules of procession ? There must be a greater and even greatest existence. Gods existence is simply THE greatest existence. In fact there simply must be an existence that owns existence. An existence that owns everthing, including you and I. Bob Dylan said sometime ago, "you gotta serve someone" ! I would rather serve a benevolent, all knowing, righteous, all powerful, loving God. Who is the creator and master of all. Giving over to him all rights reserved as should be expected of any Creator creation relationship.( If I create something it is part of me and I automatically own it ).

Rather than to serve some wicked cabal, of super elite beings, human, reptillean or whatever it is they call
themselves, Gods ? That believe the rest of us, are like a bunch of cattle for them to devour, in any fashion they see fit. When God says all men are created equal ? This is what he meant ? Not that there wouldn't be birth defects as a result of our going our own way and living evil lives. If you aren't one who looks for these types of ignorant conclusions to chastise the word of God with? Then I suggest that you not listen and/or go along with those that do. They are simply at war with our heavenly Father, for whatever assinine reason. I would rather serve my rightful Creator.( Faith in the one that ceated us) Then another of his creations who decided foolishly to rebel out of his own vanity and pride.

Scientists! Everytime science trys to prove, or makes this extrordinary claim ? They are in the service of someone. And how far have they come really? Have they come any closer to proving anything about the existance of God being a negative? Some results instead of huffy puffy whinning, that God is a stumbling stone
for them, everytime they pick up a petri dish? I have some results right here from a recent work by Gallup that suggest they aren't convincing anyone. A whopping 92% of those Americans polled said they believe in a higher power, God. I also noticed the percentage matches two ealier studies. One from 2004 and one from 2008.

Who can blame them ? When the odds of just one protein molecule, coming together on it's own, are 10(300).
That' s the number 10 with 300 zeros after it by the way. Mathematics considers anything beyond 10(50)
impossible. That's an immpossibility plus five. That a protein molecule just farted itself together. As Sagan
himself has declared "evolution can only be the result of many deaths in a violent universe". How many times
did this six fold immpossibility have to occur before it took hold ? Many scientists use many avenues trying to prove or at least to make us believe God is a myth. Yet Science and technology, at the same time are bringing us ever closer to realising, something even bigger than science and technology is going on.

I'm o the notion science goes nowhere without God.

edit on 4-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know many scientists and am one myself. We have our beliefs about God the same as everyone else and while i'm sure there might be a couple scientists whose sole aim in life is to disprove the existence of God most of us really don't care.

We do our experiments and research and if we don't believe in God or do believe it really has no bearing on our work. Too many people think science is against religion but it might surprise you to know that alot of them do have faith.

Quit letting a few people in the field speak for the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No true scientist would ever try to disprove the existence of what many call "God". That's just idiotic, it can't be done. Nor, can it be proven that "God" exists. The reason why scientists would like to remove the idea of "God" from science is because it is unscientific to theorize about something that can neither be confirmed or denied by the scientific method.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
to OP! Personally I think those who attempt to "prove" there's no God via science are painting themselves into a corner. I can accept someone who approaches science in a neutral fashion, being neither pro nor against belief in God but instead just pursuing scientific answers, but those who steadfastly insist there's no God and that science proves it are throwing away the most important tenet of science which is keeping an open mind to all possibilities.

Originally posted by kro32
We do our experiments and research and if we don't believe in God or do believe it really has no bearing on our work.

And that is completely reasonable. I'm in construction and could say the same, our work is carried out "neutral" to belief, it has no bearing on the work being done. It's the same in the vast majority of fields.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by randyvs

No true scientist would every try to disprove the existence of what many call "God". That's just idiotic, it can't be done. Nor, can it be proven that "God" exists. The reason why scientist would like to remove the idea of "God" from science is because it is unscientific to theorize about something that can neither be confirmed or denied by the scientific method.

So true, it's a coin toss either way always has been always will be. There are those that want God and the word of God kept out as to not interfere by way of his morals and laws.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for your fine post.

I can't disagree with anything you wrote, I feel the same way about it all.

On a side note, in response to the Shroud video. You know, at the start I thought it was all a hoax. Now over the course of seeing much about it I really am very shaky in saying that it was a hoax.

If I had to decide how Jesus was resurrected it would be similar to how the video explains it.

The more I look at the Shroud the stranger it becomes and I really am at a loss to explain this very mysterious relic. Every new piece of evidence is adding up that it is the real thing. It is standing the test of all our learning and advancements in science and analysis and provoking whole new explorations and views about our universe - at last my instinct tells me we are onto something here.

Best wishes.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If Science were ever to breach the mystery of creation I have a feeling it would be some scientist looking through the most powerful telescope and/or microscope the world has ever known and suddenly finding himself staring directly into the astounding & unblinking eye of God.

If Science could...which it can't.

edit on 4-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Quit letting a few people in the field speak for the rest of us.

Or maybe those like yourself could speak a lil louder or maybe more often.

Let no one get me wrong. I marvel at scientists and the strides they've made like anyone else, prolly a little more.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You appear to have some weird ideas of what's happening outside your sphere.

These boxes and positions you put an imaginary opposition in has little similarity to the real situation.

But if you like to fight shadows....your choice.

What you believe to be an effort to exclude your 'god' is probably just a reaction to this kind of stuff you present.

Quote: ["If we look at this from an ontological view ? We must all agree that to exist is greater than to non-exist. Logically ? To follow the rules of procession ? There must be a greater and even greatest existence. Gods existence is simply THE greatest existence."]

which is pure scholastics. And including "logically" in it is like waving a red flag.

Quote: [" Who is the creator and master of all."]

Since you ask....The flying spaghetti monster.

Quote: [" Giving over to him all rights reserved as should be expected of any Creator creation relationship.( If I create something it is part of me and I automatically own it )."]

Feel free, but don't expect everybody else to bow to your imagined sky-tyrant.

Quote: ["If you aren't one who looks for these types of ignorant conclusions to chastise the word of God with?"]

Ignorant? Disagreeing with you and the likes of you is ignorance?

Quote: ["Scientists! Everytime science trys to prove, or makes this extrordinary claim ? They are in the service of someone. And how far have they come really?"]

You're sitting with a computer, aren't you? And in a generation self-organizing complexity will be hot stuff.

Quote: ["A whopping 92% of those Americans polled said they believe in a higher power, God."]

When did concensus in US become the criterium for 'truth/reality'. A whooping something in China or India will make some other whopping conclusion. You appear to have no idea of what science/logic is.

Quote: ["Many scientists use many avenues trying to prove or at least to make us believe God is a myth."]

And many more theists try to go the opposite direction: That 'god' is a reality.

Quote: ["Yet Science and technology, at the same time are bringing us ever closer to realising, something even bigger than science and technology is going on."]

And 'god' fits nicely in that slot? Why?

Quote: ["I'm of notion science goes nowhere without God."]

It's done well without 'god' sofar. Please explain.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

What makes God a tyrant in your view ?

A whooping something in China would most likely be a cough.

You can't possibly be thinking of Japan, when you consider science running wild, without the advisement of God.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by bogomil

What makes God a tyrant in your view ?

A whooping something in China would most likely be a cough.

Well, he is a tyrant. In fact, he is a murderous, kidnapping, raping, torturing, city-nuking, war mongering, egotistical psychopath.

Don't believe me?

Read the bible.
edit on 4-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Read the bible

Ya done that. It was good enough though that I'm considering your request in ernest. Now imagine how someone
could come away with completely different conclusion than your solitary findings. Or are these someone else's
views that you've rehearsed?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by ButterCookie

Read the bible

Ya done that. It was good enough though that I'm considering your request in ernest. Now imagine how someone
could come away with completely different conclusion than your solitary findings. Or are these someone else's
views that you've rehearsed?

Nope.

I just know how to read and accept what the text says without ignoring the ugly parts.

Oh surely you don't disagree with me, about the Lord God of the bible?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
God is not about science, it is about belief. Science and belief do not belong together, that is how this whole global warming crap came to be.

I do not believe in god myself, if it exists I want no part of it. It was a royal prick to me, I believed with all my heart when I was a little kid, he didn't take my pain away like I was promised.

How can a god ignore a little kid, suffering from migraines 2-4 times a week? I did nothing to deserve that, I was a little kid, had them since at least I was 3 years old, at least. Maybe before then, I cried a lot as a baby, that could be why.

To hell with any god that can ignore my pain, only people with real migrains can even know what I am talking about. People complain about headaches, imagine a headache times 10000, with light and sound sensitivity. Every tiny bit of light, or sound makes it worse. Have you ever had your brain hurt so much you vomit about every 30 minutes. That was my childhood. god didn't think I was worthy to help, so to hell with god if it exists.
edit on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 17:53:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wish scientists would chill out about the God topic, im no scientist but how can they beleive that all this came about through an accident, some atoms deciding to party together, what came before the atoms? how can something come from nothing, At the end of the day they cant conclusively prove there is no God, yet many of them go around saying god doesnt exist.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Let this link take you to page
23 of a thread I recently responded to Madnessinmysoul My second resonse down the response is to Mad.
Check it out. Synchronicity?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh man, that is pretty insane! I know as a male, it is more rare to get migraines. It is way more common in females. I wonder what it all means.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Well according to legend, god came after nothing. He wasn't created by a super god, and super god wasn't created by a super super god etc etc. How can you believe that logic, that we couldn't come from nothing, but god has always been? Why couldn't it be that we have always been?

Man I just read that, and it sounds stupid. Let me try harder. People that believe in god refuse to believe that we came about by accident. We were created by god, and that is that.

When asked who created god, the answer is nothing, go always was. Why? How is it logical to believe that god always was, and not that the universe always was?
edit on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 18:24:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL what do you mean, scientists?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

When asked who created god, the answer is nothing, go always was. Why? How is it logical to believe that god always was, and not that the universe always was

The answer is nothing created God because for God to be creatred what that suggests is an infinite number of
retro- reproductions and that's also impossible. So there must be a causeless cause somewhere. What else would be a causeless cause other than God ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join