It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

creationists/IDists, admit your defeat

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuppy
reply to post by randyvs

Hey pal! Lets stay classy here.

Is it unclassy to make a point?

And please don't call me Pal?
edit on 22-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's not classy to make a point like that.

Fine, I won't you pal.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Actually, I happen to have been through several different forms of measurement of my brain. I happen to suffer from both migraines and I used to suffer from a sleep disorder. I went through a few testing machines in my life. I'm quite sure my brain exists.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

So it always was? It was just there?

It could have been.

That doesn't exactly make sense, man.

Why not? If matter can be neither created or destroyed it must be permanent.

So it kind of has to have been created. And how were the acids needed to create life possible when the universe wasn't there yet. Unless you can make a sandwich from nothing, of course.

Well, they had time to develop. The universe went through a radical change colloquially known as the "Big Bang" and it caused a lot of different things to happen that allowed for the development of life.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

It's not classy to make a point like that.

Fine, I won't you pal.

Thank you.

Madness and I are very well aquainted with each other. I'm sure he will tell you himself, that the way I made my
point was in the upper esultants of society compared to some of the verbal atrocities he has seen unleashed on me. In other words, baby you havn't seen what goes on around here sometimes. Stick around.

Madness and I are above all that and he certainly isn't guilty of any of that. But just the same he's tuff.

MAD
Oh hell happy day we do have something in common . Migrains are no f'n joke Madness. I remember one in particular I thought I was going to die and was wishing I would. I will tell how I got rid of them. I quit drinking sodas. And increased by double my purified water intake. I don't suffer those them anymore.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Under what logic would the universe have been able to exist forever?

"Some people think that Cuppy was born from the womb of the Great Goddess, I think he was always there."

That follows the same logic.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Thank you.

Madness and I are very well aquainted with each other. I'm sure he will tell you himself, that the way I made my
point was in the upper esultants of society compared to some of the verbal atrocities he has seen unleashed on me. In other words, baby you havn't seen what goes on around here sometimes. Stick around.

Madness and I are above all that and he certainly isn't guilty of any of that. But just the same he's tuff.

Good point there. I'm going to stick around and try to be the local skeptic.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Well, I happen to be a skeptic as well...I'm skeptical of creationism because it has no supporting evidence.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Cuppy

Well, I happen to be a skeptic as well...I'm skeptical of creationism because it has no supporting evidence.

Not yet because science haven't been able to uncover that part yet.
You will be welcomed when that time comes

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
All you got to do is look at a Chihuahau, did god create chihuahuas?
NO!
We created the chihuahua through forced evolution.There you have it, evolution is a FACT!
Were we created by god? Doubt it. Were we created by the Universe? Yes
So, if you want to call the Universe god, then I guess we were created by god after all.

Hmmm? Atheist here, but I've got to say that you're argument goes against evolution. The creation of the chihuahua by humans would qualify as deliberate and intelligent design. Following this line of logic would imply that we were spawned by a creator, be it a god or alien race.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

If creationism were true then science would have come to the point where it would be proven. We wouldn't have evidence pointing to evolution, vast spans of geologic time, the big bang, abiogenesis, and other ideas that outright contradict creationism.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

If creationism were true then science would have come to the point where it would be proven. We wouldn't have evidence pointing to evolution, vast spans of geologic time, the big bang, abiogenesis, and other ideas that outright contradict creationism.

I think its to early for science to come to a sure conclusion about creation.
I do agree that some people believe that God magically created everything. Science can prove those people to be dead wrong.

I dont think there is any Godly magic about our existence at all.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm not so sure the Big Bang theory contradicts Creationism, man. I for one, am an Old Earth Creationist and yet I also worship Yahweh. When you say Creationist you seem to mean Young Earth theorist, and that all Creationists are Young Earth.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Can you explain how Old Earth Creationism does not conflict with the Big Bang.
Keep in mind the Big Bang like all scientific theories only uses the natural. (as in not supernatural .. A.K.A not God)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Just popped in to get the thread rolling. Nothing heavy to say.

But when you cite 'science', are you referring to the same science/scientific community that claimed HRT would 'save' women from 'going insane and being locked away in asylums in middle age' like their mothers and grandmothers' supposedly were?

The same 'science/scientific community which claimed women used to shrivel up and suffer senility due to menapause and used to die young' ? THAT 'science' ?

When almost all of us can find within our family-history women who lived well into their 80's and 90's WITHOUT the scientific-miracle, HRT?

The SAME 'science' that promised HRT would alleviate/prevent hot-flushes, stroke, cancers, hirsuteness, etc? The same 'science' that then KILLED thousands of women world-wide and gave thousands more strokes, mental confusion, heart-irregularities, varicose veins, obesity, etc. FROM the scientific 'miracle' drug, HRT ?

Oh --- really? It WAS that same 'science/scientific community' as the one you're citing in your OP? Oooops, huh?

You'll need to accept that I have NO reason to accept a word that comes out of THAT 'science/scientific community's' mouth.

Because wasn't it 'science' that ostracised and ridiculed Velikovsky's catastrophe-theories ? And yes, it WAS that same 'science/scientific community' which AFTERWARDS STOLE and PLAGIARISED Velikovsky's theories and who NOW posit them as their own !

'Science' cites its unproven theories as fact.

'Science' refuses to accept anything that doesn't conform with its unproven theories --------- even THOUGH 'science' reserves the right to ALTER its theories without notice at any time, despite that those now discarded theories continue to be taught in schools and universities.

'Science' is the puppet of State and Church (and Big Business AND anyone else with enough folding-money).

'Science' is bought and paid for; it's a prostitute with attitude !

The 'scientific community' bickers amongst itself continually, like fish-wives.

'Science' -- due to its backers in State and Church etc. --- believes it never has to say it's sorry; never has to admit it's wrong and believes that it alone may cite mere opinion (flawed as it so often is) as 'fact'.

'Science' claimed aeroplanes would never fly; that it was 'impossible'. See what I mean? And 'science' states that the bee should not be able to fly either. Do these guys ever step out into a real world? A child can refute 'science', for a child is able to attest that yes, planes DO fly as do bees.

'Science' dismisses the paranormal and there was a huge bitch-fight recently when Sheldrake broke ranks and announced that for people IN a real world, paranormal experience is far from rare. How did Sheldrake reach this controversial conclusion? Simple, he listened to what real people in the real world, had to say.

Isn't it 'science/the scientific community' who sit around alternately giggling, sulking and fighting and throwing up their hands in confusion re: String Theory, M-Theory etc. ? Why is that, if 'science' is undiluted proven scientific 'fact' ?

'Science' can't even date something as simple as a carved stone-head within 20,000 years or 100,000 years. I can tell you that for a REAL fact, because 'science' dated two such heads (described 'scientifically' as Celtic Carved Stone Heads) as being in the region of several thousand years old. WRONG.

Those heads were displayed in pride of place at the entrance to a museum. They remained there for 20 or so years, before my uncle decided he'd better put the record straight before he died. He PROVED, beyond dispute, that those allegedly 'several thousand year old carved stone heads' WERE in fact carved in the early 1940's by his brother as part of an art assignment. And the joke (at 'science's' expense) was revealed in several UK newspapers.

Science !

Science has NEVER even come close to explaining how/where human life began. Oh sure, it can chatter on about primeval soup, but it CANNOT tell us where the universe commenced or originated. Life on earth may be attributable to a number of causes: cosmic dust for example. But WHERE did the cosmic dust originate? And from where -- in turn -- did THAT originate? And from where -- in turn --- did THAT originate?

WHAT was the very beginning of absolutely EVERYthing ? Has 'science' provided the answer? Nope.

Nothing comes from nothing. 'Science' knows that, but it doesn't stop 'science' from pronouncing nonsensically and illogically.

If EVERYthing began from one tiny spark ----- ask 'science' to tell you from whom, what, where, that spark emerged? But of course, 'science' CANNOT provide you an answer.

So until it can, 'God' (or whatever term you prefer) is still very much a contender. In fact, at the moment, 'God' is the ONLY explanation.

It may BE that the Multiverse and everything it contains (the 'scientific Theory of Everything) had its beginnings in one tiny bit of excreta expelled by something, somewhere.

Yes, our entire Enormous Everything may be no more than bacterial decomposition taking place within one nugget of poo that fell from the backside of something totally beyond our comprehension.

'Science' is still struggling to come to grips with the common cold.

I'm not expecting 'science' to arrive at anything near a believable explanation for the origins of All ----- not for quite a while at least.

lol, wow, pwnd.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

lol, wow, pwnd.

Seriously ?
How ? You believe that dribble as something more then a crazy person rambling ?
The guy is obviously a anti-science moron who is completely ignorant to science.

No one should spend 5 minutes responding to his post, it is complete uneducated garbage.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LikeDuhObviously
reply to post by Helious

lol, wow, pwnd.

Seriously ?
How ? You believe that dribble as something more then a crazy person rambling ?
The guy is obviously a anti-science moron who is completely ignorant to science.

No one should spend 5 minutes responding to his post, it is complete uneducated garbage.

I will gladly grant you that was a rant. What you must grant me is that it was a pretty good one, I laughed several times and in my book, thats a win.

I couldn't even perceive sentence or paragraph structure and in most posts I would have stopped reading right away but I was too tickled to run away.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I think his point is science cannot answer everything, so # it.
How smart rational people deal with not knowing is by saying "I don't know" and try to figure it out.
How he prefers to deal with the unknown .. "I don't know .. Must be magic." ...

Most of it is incoherent, If you understand what he is trying to say and agree you should translate it to human for me.
edit on 22-5-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
N
E
V
E
R
!
!

new topics