It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science fails to exclude God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There is a general sense of superiority eminating from these posts when I read them....Just believe in God. How can you not believe in God.. Or when I talk to Christians for that matter. I just can not fathom what you expect to gain out of pushing this stuff on others. YOU believe in God. Great....we get it. Fine... go for it.

Maybe I believe in God too. The difference is, that if I do, I do not feel like I am in some way better than someone who has different beliefs. Or that his beliefs are wrong, or I feel sorry for how stupid he is or whatever.

/begin prayer....Dear God, Please let these folks step outside of thier selfish thoughts, look at how they are acting and portraying themselves, and give them the wisdom to see the error in thier ways. /endprayer.

edit on 5-6-2011 by ATC_GOD because: changed stuff

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

There is a difference between believing in something and feeling the power of something.
You may watch the Grand Prix on tv and believe or think or imagine the power of those cars.
If you were there in the stands the noise would blow your head off.
Sit in the car and drive it round the track, now you know the power.

It fascinates me how many come to argue against 'God'.
They say that those that know God are forcing it down their throats and act superior, yet they come here.
It is not that anyone is superior, it is only your perception.
Maybe the ones that come are intrigued and maybe just a little jealous
edit on 5-6-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by bogomil

Aaaaah, but that's one way of arranging the scenario of the unknown with the help of of a persuasive narrative, where pre-determined answers are the only outcome.

Sorry, I'm stubborn, please keep reminding me that I need to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself. I apologize for sharing them with everyone, you especially must feel disgusted having to read over and over again in this forum my opinions and thoughts.

My bad, I keep forgetting that I need to shut up and never share them.

I would miss your singleminded, opinionated, biased, irrational, monomaniac propaganda, if you stopped. You may have noticed, that I generally complain about the ALMOST total lack of any real dialogue in your posts, not about the specific character defamations as such.That's just mudthrowing in lack of arguments.

And rest assured, that you have some freedom in your opinons of me. I'm not going to call in the cavalry, because my feelings are hurt.

But I WOULD like to see something apart from christian propaganda.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Science also fails to exclude elves, unicorns, the flying spaghetti monster, and that god with the elephant head.

Science isn't out to disprove god, all it's saying is that there's no objective evidence for his/her/its existence...which is the truth.

What it does though, is disprove some of the religious statements. It does so by pointing out objective evidence against it. An example of that is the global flood, which clearly never happened. Or humans just popping up in their current form, also complete and utter nonsense.

Objectively speaking, something like a deity might exist...but we have ZERO objective evidence that would support the claim he/she/it does. Just like we don't have evidence that elves don't exist somewhere in the universe...but you don't see many people running around claiming elves exist.

edit on 5-6-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice post, I read somewhere in the bible it says men will try to reach the doorstep of heaven (nasa) but will never come close

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

You talking about black holes, or am i wrong?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I'm not sure where a sacred place would be in the universe it could be the black hole or the edge of the universe or farther out

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Which scientists are you talking about? I have met scientists who believe in GOD, even Einstein believed in GOD when he said "God does not play dice", this simply means the Universe is not random. Now proven that nothing in this Universe is random (from our current knowledge base), if nothing is random, then the Universe is the product of intelligence, hence if you restart the Universe, the result will be exactly the same (meaning it was designed).

Many scientists today, in all fields, believe in a creator because of our knowledge of his creation. Science is not dominated by Atheists. A lot of famous scientists believed in GOD, hence Isaac Newton...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Why do people blame there pain on God? Do they forget Satan exists?
edit on 5-6-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Who knows?

I'm guessing the bible didn't as they didn't know about disease and bacteria. Nor did it have the forsight to condemn slavery before it got out of hand.

Ancient Astronauts wrote the bible and not Gods? And no diagrams, no mathematics, no relativity, no explanation of gravity? I guess you could play the "hidden code" game like Dan Brown or Harold Camping.

It's a mystery - Life after death? No one can ultimately say, NDEs arn't evidence of an afterlife, because it's NEAR DEATH, not death.

I don't find this bible to be profound in anyway, perhaps for the time, not now.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That's because Heaven doesn't exist in our realm, it's outside of our Universe.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Of course it would be, you rely on that fact to preach it in the first place.

I can say there's a teapot in a unknown cave on the moon? Do you believe me just because you can't peer into the cave?

In other words, if i form a theory, i expect to be laden with the burden of proof. Extraordinary claims require extraorindary evidence whilst absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. At the same time, that doesn't grant you the authority to conjure theories from abstraction without any evidence or logic.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by randyvs

Which scientists are you talking about? I have met scientists who believe in GOD, even Einstein believed in GOD when he said "God does not play dice", this simply means the Universe is not random. Now proven that nothing in this Universe is random (from our current knowledge base), if nothing is random, then the Universe is the product of intelligence, hence if you restart the Universe, the result will be exactly the same (meaning it was designed).

Many scientists today, in all fields, believe in a creator because of our knowledge of his creation. Science is not dominated by Atheists. A lot of famous scientists believed in GOD, hence Isaac Newton...

I hope you realize that you're using the "argument from authority", which is pretty much worthless. Those guys stated a BELIEF, and didn't back it up with objective evidence like they did when coming up with scientific theories.

Right now, there's more scientists called Steve (not Stephen or Steven) in the US, than scientists believing in creationism. Google "Project Steve"

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The Bible actually did know about disease and bacteria. There's laws made out that state which animals should and should not be eaten - the animals that chew the curd and have hooves with splits in them are to be eaten.

Fact is, we know today why the Bible made that commandment, because the animals that did not fall under that criteria contained bacteria and disease that Humans are exceptionally prone to.

Leviticus 11:2-4

2 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: 3 Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud—that you may eat. 4 Nevertheless these you shall not eat among those that chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves: the camel, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you;

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

The Bible actually did know about disease and bacteria. There's laws made out that state which animals should and should not be eaten - the animals that chew the curd and have hooves with splits in them are to be eaten.

Fact is, we know today why the Bible made that commandment, because the animals that did not fall under that criteria contained bacteria and disease that Humans are exceptionally prone to.

Leviticus 11:2-4

2 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: 3 Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud—that you may eat. 4 Nevertheless these you shall not eat among those that chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves: the camel, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you;

Honestly, thanks for making me laugh man,

Brimming with science, knowledge and information regarding micro-organisms and bacteria? Definetly ahead of our modern micro-biologists?

Islam, for instance, thinks pork is "unclean" because (AT THE TIME) they didn't have the means to sanitate or clean it properly for consumption. Their technical know-how was defficient.
edit on 5/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Well I guess if God wanted to teach gravity and mathetmatics to people our bible would be textbooks

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh wow, really great topic.

To me this is where I see Science not only separate itself from God but ultimately oppose God. I know many many people have trouble swallowing this and will debate and argue and end up defending science with every breath of knowledge they have in them (as I've witnessed this on numerous and countless occasions pertaining to this very topic) but in the end...we are all left with a choice, either the beliefs and theories science has given, or the belief and "theory" God has given. There is no way in the world a God fearing person can accept science without ultimately disproving God. Our knowledge of God strictly comes from the Bible and Quran (depending on said persons religion)

Really Science is a religion of it's own, people claim it's based on facts, but where are these facts coming from? Men. Yet they will claim the Bible is based on men so it can't be held as a fact...this is always struck me as odd.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm talking about scientists I have met, lecturers in University, Doctors, Engineers... The author of this thread made it seem as if only Atheists are scientists, that's far from truth.

It seems some ignorant Atheists have found certain segment of Creationism an easy target, therefore keep attacking that segment. Reality check, Creationism doesn't revolve around the Bible, similarly evolution doesn't go against creationism.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Who knows?

I'm guessing the bible didn't as they didn't know about disease and bacteria. Nor did it have the forsight to condemn slavery before it got out of hand.

Ancient Astronauts wrote the bible and not Gods? And no diagrams, no mathematics, no relativity, no explanation of gravity? I guess you could play the "hidden code" game like Dan Brown or Harold Camping.

It's a mystery - Life after death? No one can ultimately say, NDEs arn't evidence of an afterlife, because it's NEAR DEATH, not death.

I don't find this bible to be profound in anyway, perhaps for the time, not now.

They was well aware of disease and such plagues broke out back then it wasnt the nicest of living back then, they didnt have the nice lucracies as we do and it has always condemned slavery you think they wrote it in the 70's and I never said anchient astronauts or GOD wrote the bible because God didnt write the bible

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by randyvs

Just for the record, there are no proofs either way about randomness in the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join