It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science fails to exclude God

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
God is real, evidence that he's not real please.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
God is real, evidence that he's not real please.

Eleves are real, evidence that they're not real please?
Unicorns are real, evidence that they're not real please?
The FSM is real, evidence that they're not real please?

I could go on...

The point is, if you make a positive claim ("god exists"), it's up to you to present evidence that this is really the case. Just like in court, if you make an accusation, you have to present evidence as well.

So either you present OBJECTIVE evidence or at least have the decency to admit you're pretending your belief is truth...when in reality it's not based on facts/evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

From biology we have DNA and the genetic code with its inherent language convention. Where did this digital
information come from? Our universal experience is that digital codes are the products of intelligence. The fact
that the blueprints for every living creature are encoded in their DNA is compelling evidence that they were initially created by an intelligent agent. This is strong scientific evidence supporting creation.

Noooooo not the God of the Gaps in refutation. Pathetic.
edit on 13-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MrXYZ

From biology we have DNA and the genetic code with its inherent language convention. Where did this digital
information come from? Our universal experience is that digital codes are the products of intelligence. The fact
that the blueprints for every living creature are encoded in their DNA is compelling evidence that they were initially created by an intelligent agent. This is strong scientific evidence supporting creation.

Noooooo not the God of the Gaps in refutation. Pathetic.

First of all, DNA isn't digital. Secondly, you're using the god of the gaps again

Also, here's the definition of digital: LINK

Just because we don't (yet) know how DNA came to be in the first place, doesn't mean you can just fill that gap in knowledge with magic (aka god). Yet you continue to do just that...over and over and over again.

And lastly, you claim DNA is evidence for intelligence. Care to present some objective evidence why that is, and why a creator is absolutely required? The old "scientists can't explain that...ergo god did it" answer is not the answer by the way, that would be another example of "god of the gaps"

So no, you haven't presented the slightest bit of scientific evidence to support any of your claims...
edit on 13-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You say it isn't ? But it is .

Just because we don't (yet) know how DNA came to be in the first place, doesn't mean you can just fill that gap in knowledge with magic (aka god). Yet you continue to do just that...over and over and over again.

Gaps should be filled. You should thank God for filling the one between your ears,
If science didn't want the gap filled it shouldn't leave the gap there in the first place. I'm afraid this is absolute evidence that keeps you awake at night. Tossing and turning. So Atheists make up a " God of the Gaps " as a
replacement for God. It's disinformation so stop trolling X.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You say it isn't ? But it is .

Clearly, you haven't bothered looking up what digital really means, or else you'd realize what a blunder your reply is

Gaps should be filled.

Yes, with true knowledge, not fairy tales. If it were otherwise, we'd still believe the earth to be flat, or that the silly global flood really happened. Unless we have facts and objective evidence, we have to be humble enough to not knowing.

You should thank God for filling the one between your ears

Proof of god's existence and him filling anything please

If science didn't want the gap filled it shouldn't leave the gap there in the first place.

Science isn't leaving gaps on purpose, lol, what a silly idea

There's stuff we just don't know, and stuff we can't (yet) explain. Not sure why you're not humble enough to admit that...

I'm afraid this is absolute evidence that keeps you awake at night.

What evidence are you talking about?

All you do is make claims, but you never back them up with real evidence.

So Atheists make up a " God of the Gaps " as a replacement for God.

I can't believe that after all those threads and posts, you STILL don't understand what god of the gaps means. Hint: It's not a real god

It's disinformation so stop trolling X.

I'm not the one spreading disinformation by making random claims and never backing them up with real evidence. I ask YOU to present some objective evidence, and that's NOT trolling. Feel free to report me for asking you to back up your claims...last I checked that's exactly what a forum is for, especially one with a "deny ignorance" mantra

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

X you whine and cry about evidence and when it's presented to you. You make up your own God to replace the Creator who is the intelligence needed to encode DNA with an actual language. You don't have an answer for what intelligence is responsible for putting the language together and infusing DNA with that language. Well I just happen to be able to help you out with that one. We call him GOD.

God and Creator of the Universe. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

X you whine and cry about evidence and when it's presented to you. You make up your own God to replace the Creator who is the intelligence needed to encode DNA with an actual language. You don't have an answer for what intelligence is responsible for putting the language together and infusing DNA with that language. Well I just happen to be able to help you out with that one. We call him GOD.

God and Creator of the Universe. Get over it.

How on earth do I make up a god??? I'm the one claiming we can't know if there's a god or not given that there's ZERO objective evidence proving otherwise.

And could you please show your evidence? Because so far, all you've done is make claims, and further claim you present evidence when your really don't. How about backing up your claims for once, just once

And "infusing language into DNA"? Really? Please present us evidence for that happening...including proof of someone, or some thing infusing language

And no, I won't fill a gap in knowledge with magic...just like I'm not running around claiming a purple unicorn created everything. At least I am humble enough to not knowing stuff we clearly don't know (yet).

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

How on earth do I make up a god??? I'm the one claiming we can't know if there's a god or not given that there's ZERO objective evidence proving otherwise.

Your only proving that you, not, " we " can't know. I know god is real and it isn't just because science leaves gapping holes and gaps in every theory it postulates. Gaps that are there and always will be there, only because of stupid blind prejudices that are trying to exclude the only logical answer to your mysteries. Not mine. It's no mystery to me how DNA became encoded. That's for you to prove Mr. Scientific Extrapolandist.
I'm happy with my answer. Prove it wrong ?

You're just another run of the mill, dime a dozen poster thinking you're really proving God dosn't exist. Without proving a damn thing. You say, I can't say, but I do say. that's right I said it. So what do you want to do about this ferris wheel you love to ride ?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Your only proving that you, not, " we " can't know. I know god is real and it isn't just because science leaves gapping holes and gaps in every theory it postulates. Gaps that are there and always will be there, only because of stupid blind prejudices that are trying to exclude the only logical answer to your mysteries. Not mine. It's no mystery to me how DNA became encoded. That's for you to prove Mr. Scientific Extrapolandist.
I'm happy with my answer. Prove it wrong ?

In ancient times people claimed meteorites are a sign of god because they couldn't explain them. They also claimed a global flood happened just because they didn't understand how large the earth is. They also used to believe the sun is god. In every single case, science was able to fill that GAP IN KNOWLEDGE with real answers rather than fairytales.

The sad part is, those people lived hundreds and thousands of years ago...you on the other hand, live in a world where information is so easily available. And it should be blatantly obvious that we don't know everything yet...note how I say "we", which includes everyone, and not just myself like you claim. The ignorance of claiming to know everything (which is essentially what your'e doing), when you really don't, and when you aren't even able to back up your claims with evidence, is mind blowing.

So yeah, you are simply not being honest here. You make claim after claim, but NOT ONCE have you presented the slightest bit of evidence to back up your claims. You saying god is the only logic answer is like cavemen claiming the sun is god, very very very ignorant.

There's things we know, things that are backed up by evidence.
There's things we don't know.

But there isn't a weird third category where you can just make stuff up. Well, there is...it's called FICTION

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

But there isn't a weird third category where you can just make stuff up. Well, there is...it's called FICTION

Call it what you want stud. I'm not impressed.

What I love about this vid is it shows a world with absolutely nothing in it.
This is the world that would be if there was no God.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Mr XYZ, you weren't a juror in the OJ Simpson trial, were you?

And "infusing language into DNA"? Really? Please present us evidence for that happening...including proof of someone, or some thing infusing language

No language?

How about this article from 2006 titled Learning The Language Of DNA

"Essentially, we need to understand the language that cells use to read DNA in order to know how processes in the body are controlled," Professor Hume said.

Here is an article from 2010 titled Changing the Language of DNA

By expanding the vocabulary of DNA, Li and his team also expand the range of possible compounds a cell could produce

It takes a guiding intelligence like Jason Chin to manipulate the "language" of DNA

Yet you believe that no Intelligence was involved in creating the language of DNA?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yet you believe that no Intelligence was involved in creating the language of DNA?

It's only a language insofar as you have to assign certain processes and parts names and numbers in order to sort and analyze it as data. But DNA itself isn't a language, only the way we analyze it is.

As for the communication between organic compounds, we can explain it in a lot of cases through chemistry...no magic required. And when we can't explain something, you can't just substitute that lack of knowledge with magic.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

parts names and numbers in

Oh you mean like digits right ?

You actually believe that because you can explain the machanics of design. That just automatically negates the designer. See watch this simple fact you can't get away from. Watch close now. Are you watching ?

Design = Designer. Simple enough. Prove I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Design = Designer. Simple enough. Prove I'm wrong.

The ripples in sand dunes look "designed"...yet we can explain them perfectly without magic.

Humans look designed, yet we can explain how they evolved from other species. That evolution didn't require magic either.

Mountains look designed...yet we know how they form, no creator required.

Birds look designed, yet we can explain how they evolved too.

The thing is, there's still a lot of stuff we can't explain, but filling that gap in knowledge with magic is EXACTLY what you're doing. Not everything humans PERCEIVE as designed requires a designer.

You seem to like Youtube videos...so here:

edit on 13-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ya ! You're happy enough go'in around in circles.

The ripples in sand dunes look "designed"...yet we can explain them perfectly without magic.

No they look like ripples.
A sand castle ? What would that be ? Evidence for a god of the gaps ?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Not everything humans PERCEIVE as designed requires a designer.

Everything we look at was designed by something. You can't have a design without a designer, that is impossible. Show me one thing that has never been designed by something. Design comes only from a mind, a designer, therefore the universe is the product of intelligent design.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Everything we look at was designed by something. You can't have a design without a designer, that is impossible. Show me one thing that has never been designed by something. Design comes only from a mind, a designer, therefore the universe is the product of intelligent design.

Right on.What proof have we of the existence of God?

"The axiom which you apply in all your scientific researches, 'There is no effect without a cause.' Search out the cause of whatever is not the work of man, and reason will furnish the answer to your question."

To assure ourselves of the existence of God, we have only to look abroad on the works of creation. The universe exists, therefore it has a cause. To doubt the existence of God is to doubt that every effect has a cause, and to assume that something can have been made by nothing.www.spiritwritings.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Not everything humans PERCEIVE as designed requires a designer.

What nonsense

We know for a FACT that a lot of things we consider designed are the product of simple natural forces. There is ZERO objective evidence that some creator creature was responsible...but you're welcome to present objective proof that a creator figure and not natural physical/biological/chemical forces are responsible.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Simple natural forces that were designed and put in place by God.

Why do you think that explaining the machanics of the design negates a Designer ?

That's like, going to see David Copperfield and because you know the secrets to his illusions.
You claim David Copperfield dosn't exist and the magic show dosn't need him any way.

It's asinine.

If God didn't do it ? Then how did everything get here X ?

edit on 14-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join