It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from a Fukushima mother

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Hi

I have read the views that this earthquake was man made and although I would not rule it out it is not top of my list either.

I believe the world has turned its gaze elsewhere is because they know full well what is happening and know that this time luck will not likely bail them out.

Why is TEPCO still left soley incharge when this incident became international within hours. Its because if the rest of the worlds nuclear experts got involved we would have a show case of how impotent they are when these plants go into meltdown.

There is too much money invested by those with power to admit this is no way to boil water

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThousandIslandSunny
I tell you what, you are such a good person North, Ill find out the source for this letter, and locate this woman, since you think people are so kind, why dont you lead the way and sponser her and her children. Seriously. Or me and my children? If you think people will help, why dont you help someone yourself instead of just sitting there expecting other people to do what you will not.

First off I had no idea there is nearly 2million people living in Fukushima right now. I thought we were talking about a few thousand living close to the evacuation zone. What a nightmare. Still, if I was one of them, I would be heading south with my thumb out and kids in tow.

If you read my first reply you would see I sheltered and fed an ex-convict for 3 months only a little while ago till he found work and a place to live. If she and her kids were close, of course I'd take them in for a while. Hopefully someone else would step up and take a turn. He drove my wife nuts but he was suicidal and we just couldn't turn him out on the street. People in the rest of Japan need to step up to the plate. If they dont, then perhaps the people of Fukushima wouldn't either if the shoe was on the other foot, and therefore....what can I say.

We have homeless people in Canada but they get fed and sheltered (although not very nice shelters). The people on the street are mentally ill and/or choose to be there. Without sounding racist, are Canadians different?

No one's answered my question though, how bad does the radiation have to get before people leave? I know its invisible and odorless, perhaps thats the problem. If it was smelly brown smoke people might be more motivated and less likely to trust officials "just stay indoors". Perhaps I'm just a coward because I'd be more afraid to stay. If no one helped me and my kids, I'd have to resort to stealing food.

Remember, there are many people who are just economic refugees who will leave it all behind with no prospects, just for the chance at a better future.

As of right now I wouldn't put Tokyo in the same category as Fukushima.
edit on 9-6-2011 by NOrrTH because: added content

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

Hi

I don’t think ThousandIsleSunny meant to come across as accusing you of not being a good person and I think we need to let her vent a little anger as I cannot imagine the stress that they all face there.

I also think you have made many valid points. I did a quick google of your location and if that is where you live you are a lucky guy. They were links to tourist info but it appears pretty ideal.

I agree that radiation is a silent killer and what we need from those in charge is openness and honesty which is not likely to happen. Until it does no one can make any sort of informed choice and no plans can be made to get the victims out.

Japan is a densely populated country and I don’t think those numbers of displaced people can be accommodated by the surrounding safer areas when you remember the devastation caused by the quake and tsunami. That is why I believe when the silence breaks this is going to be identified as a global problem in the same way as the radiation is.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was not asking for shelter, I was asking you to put your actions where you words are. Im perfectly aware noone will help me or my kids and dont expect it.

Tokyo is not in the same position as Fukushima, but how many posters who dont know the first thing about Japan, are saying 'run north east, Japan'. 'Last warning to Tokyo'? Many, is the answer to that.

Great that you helped someone in your own country, but you are admonishing Japanese for not running, and then refusing to help them yourself, whilst expecting others to do it. The fact you helped a convict is neither here nor there. If you want to say such terrible things about someone who is trapped in a disaster zone, then at least offer them an out. Im positive this poor Fukuhima woman would jump at the chance.

Do you know how small Japanese houses are? How expensive food is in Japan? Ill give you a clue. For Japan, for Tokyo we have a large apartment. That is 4 people in 70sq metres. We dont have space to put 3 more people. Food. OK, so you can feed a family of 4 for 5 thou a day. Add on another adult and two kids, who have no means to buy their own food, then you would be looking at another 3500 yen a day for them. We just could NOT afford to pay all the living costs for another family in our house. We are cramped as it is, we have no space for more people. There are empty houses which should be utilised in my opinion, but you still have to get people out. We would have to be looking at governmental evacuations - big trains being put on. Once you say 'get out' to people, there would be mass panic.

You had no idea how many people were in Fukushima? Well you really should find out that kind of thing before you start suggesting that these people have options beyond staying.

Those that are rich enough to help, that have space, have already taken in refugees. Family's have taken in distant family members. Those who are left now have nowhere to go, and no money to support themselves.

Steal! In Japan! I suppose prison is a free bed and meal, but really. You would be looking at prison, and your kids in an orphanage. Seriously, stealing leads to prison here, big prison time, first offence, it doesnt matter. Prison. Steal, and make kids sleep rough and walk 500 miles to a point where it is safe. Tokyo has radiation issues, so if you are going to run, no point coming here is your goal is to avoid radiation. You have to go south. Kanagawa has had to throw away all its tea, so no point going there. You are looking at Hyogo, Kyoto, Osaka. Round about a 500 mile trip.

So you want people, ordinary citizens, trying to survive themselves, trying to educate their kids, and get on with life as best they can, to act as housing and feeding stations for total strangers. Well, if Canada would do that for people en masse,good on your guys, but dont expect that to happen for 2 million people here, when we all live in rabbit hutches and a potato costs 100 yen. One potato. Or 300 yen for 6 eggs. How about 2000 yen for rice?

Those of us left are not the rich ones!

We take care of our own family - elderly who have needed financial help, helping towards funeral costs, paying kids schooling. We dont have extra money left at the end of the month.Our family is pretty much the norm- we pay our way, we can afford to live reasonably comfortably, we take care of other family members, but we have no room to take people in and no money to feed more people. I also really would not want people I dont know around my children, when we all live in such close quarters.

Unless big money gets thrown at Fukushima residents, and there is a huge radical evacuation, then we are looking at a higher cancer rate.

If it was me in Fukushima right now, with my kids, I have no idea what Ild do. I guess Ild have to minimise risks as best I can, and hope I was one of the lucky ones who doesnt suffer as a result of radiatoin. Pretty much what Im doing here in Tokyo.

Again, if you cannot offer sanctuary to people you dont know, from Fukushima, stop suggesting others do it. If you cannot afford to shelter and feed another family, dont think anyone who is left here can do it either.

If you would honestly walk 500 miles, and make your kids sleep rough while you walked to nowhere, with no shelter at the end of it, and would beg and steal, then good on you. I would never put my kids through that.

At least with cancer you have a shot at a cure. Once people do start dying of radiation-linked cancers, perhaps the government will do something.

Of course, you will never admit you were wrong, or that these people are trapped, because from the comfort and safety of your home in Canada you cannot imagine what it is to actually do these things you are suggesting, and to do them in the oppressive heat of Japan. Do you know how hot it gets here? 35, 40 degrees, humid as hell. YOu want to wakl 10 hours a day in that?! Really! You think kids would last an hour? I dont. Hitchhike. No, my dear, noone bar the rapists and freaks would pick up a woman and kids. Damn, really you want a woman with children to thumb a ride! Great, shaken, irradiated, and then raped!

Honestly, just think about it. Japan is safer than any other place I have visited, but a woman with kids would not thumb a ride in any other country, and definately would not do so here either. She may be ok, but the risk is too high.

Economic refugees, great! So tell me then, how do these refugees gets visas to Canada or America? Perhaps put Japan on the list of countries that it is ok to seek asylum for! Japan is not one of these countries, if we want to go to Canada or the States we need visas and a job to go to.

So judgemental, with no answers and little knowledge of the place you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Teal tear jerker, NOT

This is a propaganda piece by the anti nuke people and not from Fukushima mother,.

The clue is that the media has not jumped on it and done a interview of the writer.
The media checks there sources.

If you believe this is real prove the source is real!!

hoax

edit on 9-6-2011 by ANNED because: oenta

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Exactly. It is all about money. There never should have been nuclear plants built in Japan. GE, who sold these plants to Japan are culpable here, they had no business selling nuclear plants to a country with a high risk of quakes.

The Japanese industry fat cats got greedy, Japan has no natural resources to power its industry.

A few weeks ago Kan proposed putting solar panels on every available space in Tokyo. Now he has been forced to step down. He shut down the Hamaoka plant. He was clearly being swayed towards non nuclear energy, and now no doubt we will have a sociopath with no regard for the people's safety, being put in place.

Im not sold on the idea that this quake was not natural, but I suppose you cant rule it out. Im pretty sure that the powers that be are downplaying health risks all along in this disaster and not taking the safest route in water and food safety.

It infuriates me when people who are safe and sound suggest to people here, that they can get out, when this is not possible, not in any way I can fathom.

As far as this particular letter being a hoax, that is neither here nor there, as what we can be sure of is that amongst those 2 million or so residents of Fukushima right now, there are women and children, mothers in just this position, with these worries and concerns and fears.

Ah, well.Best I just dont look here on this site, as I know its not for people like me.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Do we have any proof this was written by said Fukushima mother?
It's not like we haven't seen this hoax before.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

This is not TPTB This is man made. Like my dad said before he died " everything has a expiration date" Just like that power plant. We got to make them bigger and push more power for the latest PS3, WII, PC Etc. Yeah I feel bad for them but as technology grows so does the risk.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Vitchilo

Do we have any proof this was written by said Fukushima mother?
It's not like we haven't seen this hoax before.

twitter.com...#!/HirokoTabuchi

Here is the journalist who translated the letter and spoke to this mother in Fukushima. She quotes all her sources on her twitter page. Yes its real. Scroll down to find the origninal and details. Hate to disappoint you all.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThousandIslandSunny

Right. All she has is a letter. Written in Japanese.
That she could have written. At least that's all I've found.

And note, she's also Japanese.. So I would still call this a potential hoax, a tear jerker.

Again. We have seen this exact hoax before.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Right. All she has is a letter. Written in Japanese.
That she could have written. At least that's all I've found.

And note, she's also Japanese.. So I would still call this a potential hoax, a tear jerker.

Again. We have seen this exact hoax before.

If you go to the last page of the letter you find a valid zip code and full address, for Fukushima prefecture, in Japanese and English, for this mother in Fukushima. I doubt you would believe me if I wrote to her and got a reply, but do you honestly think they would put a full address on that photograph of the letter if it were a hoax.

ALso, again, dont you think there are mothers and children in these prefectures? this is not some sob story con, this is reality for many mothers and their children in Japan.

# it, not worth my even trying is it

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Are you so deep in denial that you cannot accept what Thousand is telling you?

Even if this letter was a hoax there are families in this position and worse. Instead of playing Sherlock Holmes on this letter to fullfill the debunking hobby takeing over this site use your elementry skills to see if the situation described in the letter is real.

That is the important message not so much the letter or the plight of this poor family.

Thousand: Yes this is the site for you. As hard as it may be at times to hear uninformed comments the vast majority will be well meaning, that includes me. You are doing a great job of painting a picture the worlds press refuse to report on.

I have a better idea of life in Japan from your posts.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You know.

Thanks for proving my point.

As to what hoaxes like these are commonly meant to accomplish..
I've studied Japanese language for the past year or so.

Something about the letter and it's text that I read just seems horribly off and wrong.. and I just can't place it. Not yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

It's always

"Think of the children" Isn't it? We wouldn't have a threat without someone screaming it.

Never doubted the reality that a leaking radioactive plant is leaking radioactive material into the environment. I just don't understand why people are jumping on me when I didn't have anything to do with it.. People would be simpler either demanding our government get involved, or forget about it. Despite what the new agers tell you, extra worry won't make the situation better.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I have no idea what you are trying to say!

Well, yes of course people are more concerned about children. Sociopaths who dont care about the most vulnerable and innocent, are thankfully few and far between..What are you trying to say?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

You know.

Something about the letter and it's text that I read just seems horribly off and wrong.. and I just can't place it. Not yet.

Im actually laughing out loud! Thank you Miraje! So, let me get this right, you have had a year with 'Japanese for busy people' and can read ALL or even SOME of the very complicated kanji in that handwritten letter. Not only that you, who do not live here, and have been 'studying' a year can detect nuances of speech and Japanese idom! HAHAHAHAHA

Hilarious.

Now, IM calling utter and total bull#.

Maybe you are a genius, who can grasp nuances of Japanese speech without even having lived here. Come on then, lets go line by line and translate it ourselves. Its not easy to read that handwriting, but go on. Ill even get a friend to help me with the bits Ill struggle on, a Japanese native.

But you first. Translate the first few lines and point out these nuances...

I really needed a laugh!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by Miraj

Are you so deep in denial that you cannot accept what Thousand is telling you?

Even if this letter was a hoax there are families in this position and worse. Instead of playing Sherlock Holmes on this letter to fullfill the debunking hobby takeing over this site use your elementry skills to see if the situation described in the letter is real.

That is the important message not so much the letter or the plight of this poor family.

Thousand: Yes this is the site for you. As hard as it may be at times to hear uninformed comments the vast majority will be well meaning, that includes me. You are doing a great job of painting a picture the worlds press refuse to report on.

I have a better idea of life in Japan from your posts.

Colin, thank you. My faith in human nature have suffered somewhat in the last few months, more so reading some of these comments.

If anyone is interested there is a news item in the Japanese language press, saying the local government for Shizuoka prefecture put pressure on a food delivery service not to publicisde the fact that their green tea had dangerous levels of caesium contamination. That is the real conspiracy, I wont get cancer from the air, but if I damn well get it from mislabled foods, or foods which sneak into the food supply system here and should have been dumped, I will not be happy. If my kids get sick Ill be bloody damn well beyond any kind of anger I can adequately express. Just noone NOONE had better say sorry to me. No tepco apology, no government apology. If we are being poisoned by our food, when they could destroy it, and are putting us at risk for the sake of money from this years crops, sorry would be worse than a slap in the face.-

By the way, it took me 5 years to read anywhere near adequately. More to get an ear for when people :sound wrong'.

I thought my Chinese neighbour was Japanese for years until I could finally hear that her Japanese was ever so slightly different.

But this isnt the point is it. Whilst this woman may be for real or not, the real story here is that her situation is real, and worse. Want to hear of the woman on tv whose husband went missing in the tsunami in Fukushima? She and her teenage son were filmed combing debris for his corpse, which they failed to find. She lost so much, and the last thing she deserves now is to be lied to and irradiated and her children to be irradiated. The SITUATION is undeniable, even if you choose to pick holes in this particular woman's case.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

You know.

What does 'Thanks for proving my point' mean?

Something about your reply and it's text that I read just seems horribly off and wrong.. and I just can't place it. Not yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

The very question you raise is why I wonder if possibly (and note I say possibly) this was no "accident'.

Read the Georgia Guide Stones.

Again I say possibly because I am open minded (not gullible) and have no proof, but possibly the culling our our numbers has begun.

Possibly even our planet is being reterraformed, watch "the Arrival" with Charlie Sheen.

To my knowledge we now have in Japan three meltdowns.

For the past decade humanity has been hit with something major every single year.

You would think that with the law of averages we would get a rest period............not happening.

Something, I feel is up. My own gut feeling. No, I have no idea what that something is, I can only guess, and keep researching.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join