Letter from a Fukushima mother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

Your lack of empathy is sickening, and nobody is buying your idiotic arguments. Epic fail

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

What a callous statement.

People, ordinary people cannot just up stakes and move. Move where?

If they own their home who will buy it to enable them to move? If they rent it takes time to find new accomodation if it is even available.

They most likely live and work in the same area. How do they rent without a job. Who will move their belongings and furniture? Would you? so they dont only have to move away, leave their homes and belongings and probably friends and family they have to be able to set up a new home from scratch.

Colin42

Where the sam heck do you think she is going to go when her government won't even help her?

I am a product of just a few zaps my mother got in the early 1900's for treatment of tosillitis and I was born with a cleft palate, cataracts, and a severe hearing loss.

Radiation alters your DNA FOREVER...............FOREVER.

I have three sons.

The oldest has ADHD and the other two are autistic, their brain synapses firing and the chemicals between the snapses is different than that of a "normal" person.

My grand daughter also has ADHD.

Get real, and maybe try a little empathy.

None of our governments care about us.................they are culling our numbers at this very moment but most of you are too stupid to see this.

Was this earthquake a simple act of nature? How about all the other frap that's been raining down on humanity the last ten years?

Read the Georgia Guidestones.

Do some research, humanity is under attack and it's becoming quite obvious.

If enough of you don't wake up and unite asap we are a doomed species.

Doomed to be "upgraded" and "assimilated".

FYI: Anyone that loves those California Strawberries..............reports coming in say the radiation levels on them are high.

And as always, we're never being told even half of what is really going on.

If something like that happed to me, I have two houses that are 40 miles apart and 100 acres of property 100 miles away.............I have options because we have money.

This poor woman may not have those options open to her.

Where in sam heck is she going to go and how is she going to be able to live?

I am so sick of the immature and mean statements popping up all over ATS.

People need to be a little kinder and more understanding.

If everyone was just a little nicer this world would be a lot more enjoyable place to live.

My half sister died of cancer at 61, my mother of cancer at 53 and my brother I won't even go into..........he was totally messed up.

Again, do some serious research, radiation affects the human genome forever...........once your basic DNA structure is altered, it's altered for good - until our scientist figure a way to repair itl
edit on 8-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Its hard to feel sorry for anyone who ignores history and danger ie:

- living next to a river or in a flood plain
- living in tornado ally and not have a storm cellar
- living in on the coast in the hurricane belt
- live on or near a volcano thats blown in the last 500 years
- live in a community surrounded by, and buried in, dry grass and forest ie: Iydllwild CA
- living in a war zone (unless your forced too by threat of death)

etc etc... AND

- building and living in a highly active earthquake zone, at or near sea level, IGNORING warning stones that are hundreds or more years old put up by people saying "Dont build below this point due to tidal waves reaching up to here"

- living next to a nuclear power plant like the one in So.Cal thats only rated for a 7.0

and worst of all

- living next to a nuclear power plant that has exploded/melted down and is spewing radioactivity AND you have kids.

Money or not, easy or not, GET YOUR KIDS OUT OF THERE. Being poor with no home is always a better choice than dying of cancer or lukemia.

I was in Palm Springs on vacation watching the disaster live on tv. When those reactor's exploded the first thing that went through my mind was, which direction is the jet stream blowing, we might have to become refugees.

While I do not trust the government as they are constantly caught in blatant lies which they should be charged criminally for, I do trust local sources ie: scientists and university staff who measure radiation who say there is nothing to worry about on the West Coast of North America.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOrrTH

Lets try this again. You have 50,000 yen in your hand.

You go online and find plane or train (no car, she prob doesnt drive) 'out of there'. Also feed, and house her and the kids. The government will not give her any money, that is not how it works here.

She lives in Fukushima. Tokyo isnt much fun either. So, lets get her to Kyoto, or Nara, or Okinawa.

Let me know how far you get.

Let me know if it is even possible.

This is not the US. Cars are expensive and so are roads. You cannot even buy a car without a car parking space rented. You WILL be arrested if you try and sleep in your car.

This is not the UK where the government will give you a free house and money.

So, go ahead. 50 thou yen. That is all thats left out of that comp money after she paid debts, and expenses etc. If she had to do a funeral, then we are talking even less than 50 thou yen.

Get her a visa. Onto a plane. Legally. Cant be done without sponsers and money. You want to say how terrible she is. Well give her an option then instead of hate. Why dont you sponser someone's visa? No? See. Its not possible.

If you think she can get out, if it is even possible, you try it. Lots of online hotel booking and train info in English.

It is not having to be poor, she is already poor. It is about it being LITERALLY impossible to get out unless you are rich.

If you are privileged enough to not be able to comprehend being trapped by not having the means to get yourself or your children out, then lucky you. But check your privilieges and try a bit of empathy. Or even just see for yourself how much it would cost. Many people simply do not have the money

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Er I take it you quoted me by mistake. I am not the one of those saying saying they can move or even have the choice to move.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

Tell living anywhere is better than staying put to the disposed in Africa who starve daily in refugee camps watching their loved ones die of disease and hunger.

I suggest you read ThousandIlseSunny posts on this thread. The choices you think are better are not choices at all.
edit on 8-6-2011 by colin42 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have plenty of empathy for my fellow man. A little while ago I housed and fed a man for months till he got on his feet who was suicidal after being released from prison with no money, the shelter full and no place to go but the street. I just dont have as much empathy if someone decides to play in traffic and gets hit by a car. If they do, I'm still going to help them.

What she does is start walking, with the kids, bicycle, wagon, hitchhike, whatever. She begs and depends on the charity of others. Who isn't going to help a woman with kids at the side of the road in a modern country like Japan? Most aren't, but some are, and all it takes is one. Are people starving at the side of the road now? The people in Japan, the area's not affected, need to take care of their own. I can't believe someone wouldn't take her in.

The critical point is that she and her kids are dying where they are now. There is no future there. It maybe too late. What if there was a fire, a continuous massive fire. Should she stay then? I say there is a continuous fire and its called radiation. What would you do in her situation?

The people who allowed those communities to be built in an area that historically and regularly gets inundated by tidal waves need to be thrown in jail for criminal negligence. The people who live there regularly have Tsunami drills, yet as the footage shows, a lot of people ignored the warning sirens. They had about 30 mins warning on average? The only people who should have been killed were the infirmed and the people trying to rescue them.

edit on 8-6-2011 by NOrrTH because: added content

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

My reply was to Brown Bear.

Sorry if you thought it was to you.

I was backing up what you said and quoted it because you said what I wanted to say better.

I also starred your reply.
edit on 8-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As a general reply and a survivor of being radiated as an egg inside of my mother (first hand experience)

This is going to affect all of us...................our air, our dirt, our water, our food chain...............all of us.

And this will not only affect us it will affect our children, their children and so on.

Radiation can alter human DNA.

Now, go read the Georgia Guide Stones and decide if all these "accidents and natural disasters" were truly accidents.

Could be nothing more than fluxs but with fluxs you would think some by the law of averages would come out to humanity's benefit wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
edit on 8-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: mod please remove

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Let me get this right, you are seriously suggesting that people in Fukushima get out and WALK to Kyoto.

Its 461 miles from Fukushima to Kyoto, give or take exactly where she is in Fukushima.

You would suggest this for everyone left in North west Japan. Thats a lot of people, and a long way for anyone, let alone a child to walk.

Hitchhike? Dangerous for a woman with kids, dont you think. Trains and buses require fares to be paid.

You think she is going to knock on doors and beg for food? Do you honestly think supermarkets and shops will feed her on this epic journey, for no money? You would have children sleep on a roadside? They would be dead before they made it to Tokyo, from exhaustion.

Who has the room, along route to take in displaced people. Japan builds small houses, and puts lots of people in one house. It is not in their culture to beg. We have 4 people in 3 rooms here, and we are lucky to have that much space, there is certainly no space and no money to feed and support another woman and her children indefinately. We can barely get by with our own family. Like everyone else in Japan we gave as much money as we could. My school aged kids emptied their piggy banks and gave it to the Red Cross. People give what they are able to without increasing the suffering of our own families.

There was no tsunami in living history. It was a rare event, that whilst it was not unprecedented, was not within the experience of the living. It would have taken a leap of faith to believe in those markers, like the mayor of one town did. How dare you blame people for not foreseeing this event. How dare you! People do the best they can. It is not like this happens every 50 years, 100 years.The last tsunami was in 869! 869. Ill say it again. 869.

Do not blame the dead for this.

They had 20 minutes to flee to high ground. Those who did, some of them survived. I watched live on tv whilst a lone girl, was airlifted from a roof. This wave came fast and relentless.

Right now, this woman is doing the very best she can, rather than traumatising her already traumatised kids further, by making them walk 500 miles, with no food and shelter to walk to. Once she got to Kyoto, then what? What is she walking to? No job, her health wrecked by exhaustion, no government money. What.? And you would have everyone make this trip, and SURELY die on it. Right now, she has a fighting chance, rather than dying of hunger, disease, exhaustion or worse on an insane road trip to nowhere.

Offer her somewhere to go to, and means to get there, and means to support herself, if you cant at least do that, then I suggest you grow the hell up

I have plenty of empathy for my fellow man. A little while ago I housed and fed a man for months till he got on his feet who was suicidal after being released from prison with no money, the shelter full and no place to go but the street. I just dont have as much empathy if someone decides to play in traffic and gets hit by a car. If they do, I'm still going to help them.

What she does is start walking, with the kids, bicycle, wagon, hitchhike, whatever. She begs and depends on the charity of others. Who isn't going to help a woman with kids at the side of the road in a modern country like Japan? Most aren't, but some are, and all it takes is one. Are people starving at the side of the road now? The people in Japan, the area's not affected, need to take care of their own. I can't believe someone wouldn't take her in.

The critical point is that she and her kids are dying where they are now. There is no future there. It maybe too late. What if there was a fire, a continuous massive fire. Should she stay then? I say there is a continuous fire and its called radiation. What would you do in her situation?

The people who allowed those communities to be built in an area that historically and regularly gets inundated by tidal waves need to be thrown in jail for criminal negligence. The people who live there regularly have Tsunami drills, yet as the footage shows, a lot of people ignored the warning sirens. They had about 30 mins warning on average? The only people who should have been killed were the infirmed and the people trying to rescue them.

edit on 8-6-2011 by NOrrTH because: added content

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Again, do some serious research, radiation affects the human genome forever...........once your basic DNA structure is altered, it's altered for good - until our scientist figure a way to repair itl
edit on 8-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

Frequency 528 Hz, meditation, acupuncture are some methods to repair your DNA.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Thank you............will look into it seriously.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Its hard to feel sorry for anyone who ignores history and danger ie:

- living next to a river or in a flood plain
- living in tornado ally and not have a storm cellar
- living in on the coast in the hurricane belt
- live on or near a volcano thats blown in the last 500 years
- live in a community surrounded by, and buried in, dry grass and forest ie: Iydllwild CA
- living in a war zone (unless your forced too by threat of death)

etc etc... AND

- building and living in a highly active earthquake zone, at or near sea level, IGNORING warning stones that are hundreds or more years old put up by people saying "Dont build below this point due to tidal waves reaching up to here"

- living next to a nuclear power plant like the one in So.Cal thats only rated for a 7.0

and worst of all

- living next to a nuclear power plant that has exploded/melted down and is spewing radioactivity AND you have kids.

Money or not, easy or not, GET YOUR KIDS OUT OF THERE. Being poor with no home is always a better choice than dying of cancer or lukemia.

I was in Palm Springs on vacation watching the disaster live on tv. When those reactor's exploded the first thing that went through my mind was, which direction is the jet stream blowing, we might have to become refugees.

While I do not trust the government as they are constantly caught in blatant lies which they should be charged criminally for, I do trust local sources ie: scientists and university staff who measure radiation who say there is nothing to worry about on the West Coast of North America.

I do understand your argument but you do not seem open to the idea that you may be wrong.

Ancient Greeks knew the dangers of living in an earth quake zone on the slopes of active volcanoes. They also knew the benefits of fertile, mineral rich land. They paid the price for that through the ages even to this day.

They are not alone. Many civilisations live in similar locations as you pointed out and again the choice of where to live is not as simple as you believe. Its no better to starve to death in safety than to face the risks that mother nature asks us to pay.

Where I do agree with you is the idiocy of building Nuclear plants on the coastline of Japan. Who chose this option? the greedy that ignored the risks not the ordinary people that were told to trust those that knew better.

In Japan they have had a major natural disaster. The earth quake and the resultant tsunami. I have no doubt the Japanese would have licked their wounds, mourned their dead and started rebuilding as they have for generations.

The man made disaster that the nuclear plants in meltdown represent prevents rebuilding, that option may be gone for generations. Surely you dont think the ordinary folk deserve that?

They are told to stay indoors (If they still have a home to stay in) and that will keep them safe just as we were in the UK when Chernobyl went into meltdown. Your advice of getting outside and walking many days fly's in the face of the so called experts.

As ThousandIsleSunny has said many times those that could afford to have already gone. The rest are caught in a trap and the simple choice of run is not as simple as some think

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So, would you be sympathetic if they rebuilt in the same place? If the tidal waves are such a rare even they why bother spending so much time, money and effort on tidal wave walls and gates, then holding evacuation drilling all the time? Because even though rare, they happen regularly, regularly enough that they were expecting it. I admit I dont have much empathy for those people who knowingly took the chance. They were rolling the dice.

And no, I dont expect the mother and her kids will walk. I expect someone will give them transportation. As I said before, I believe their fellow countrymen will look after them just like the Americans did in other states with the hurricane Katrina refugees. If their government wont step up to the plate, then the general populace has too and then hold those in governement responsible. IF their environment is killing them, they have no choice.

Do you really think people will let them starve?

The argument whether to stay or not is likely moot if recent reports that the cores of 3 reactors have melted through the containment vessels are true.
edit on 9-6-2011 by NOrrTH because: added content
edit on 9-6-2011 by NOrrTH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

Lets take the example down a few levels to show the flaw in your argument.
Buildings burn down pretty regularly. Does that mean we should not build them?

Of course not, living in a building has benefits that far outweigh the risk. We do however rebuild them to standards that lessen the risk of another fire. That does not mean it will not burn down again.

So the Japanese rebuild in the same areas (their homeland) and build protections and procedures to lessen the threat. The Japanese have invested more than any other nation to defend against quakes and tsunamis but they can never negate the threat. Many other populations around the world accept living in areas that are not safe because the benefits from that far outweigh the dangers.

The answer to the question you ask if I am sympathetic to people rebuilding in the places where these events happen is yes. It has happened many times in the past. Is happening now and will no doubt in the future.

As for the mother and her children. I think the argument has been made already to give you enough information to show this is not an option. A few comments

The homeless that are dotted around my hometown are almost invisible to the crowds that pass them by. Comments of they only have themselves to blame are the beliefs of the majority never asking how they came to be this way.

We let millions worldwide starve every day. Many live and die never having known a day without hunger. So do I think people will let her family starve? Unfortunately very probably.

Tokyo is now reporting high radiation readings, where does this woman take her family to ensure their safety?

edit on 9-6-2011 by colin42 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42We let millions worldwide starve every day. Many live and die never having known a day without hunger. So do I think people will let her family starve? Unfortunately very probably.

Tokyo is now reporting high radiation readings, where does this woman take her family to ensure their safety?

Thats why I was saying the argument may be moot. How bad does the radiation need to be before you would recommend she leave? Certainly there has to be some limit.

I understand your analogy about houses burning down and everyone takes a risk. The point is, is the level of rist acceptable? However I still stand by what I said about me having "less" empathy for those who choose to live in a flood plain thats historically proven to flood regularly.

The people we let starve to death are not sitting on our door step, well at least not in Canada, or I expect, Japan.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

I think your misunderstanding may be because you are focused on this one family when in fact they are one of many.

Forgetting that most of North America is at risk of disappearing when Yellowstone goes boom as it does regularly. Let’s say the worst scenario happens in Japan and most if not all of its inhabitants have to move. 127,560,000.

How many countries could offer them a place to go to? There is not that many that will be able to cope if any at all.

Canada is a huge country with a small population compared to its size (Population 33,739,900). If Canada took just a small percentage it will change your country and its way of life.

Japan has a large ageing population. These would add no economic bonus to any destination. They would in fact be a drain.

Do you believe Canada should be allowed to pick and choose who they accept? That would be the right thing for Canada but not the other hosts on the list.

With the stroke of a pen Canada’s first language could become Japanese, How would that sit?

Many of the technical Japanese refugee’s will be more qualified than the Canadians so they will get the jobs putting middle class Canadians out of work.

Manual workers will face the same struggle. Not all Japanese make chips, some cook them.

The cost of schools, hospitals, homes will rise instantly as you would have had no time to assimilate the numbers. Your standard of living will fall maybe in the short term but the knock on worldwide may mean long term. Are Canadians prepared to accept this for the good of their fellow man?

World wide who is going to pay to move the population? How do you move that many people?

The loss of Japan as an economic power to the world will be significant and yes others will benefit from the vacuum left so now we also have a power struggle and an imbalance of power and influence.

I know this is if the whole population goes but what if it is half or a quarter. Who decides when it’s time to resettle these numbers of displaced people because it is pandemonium if that time is left up to individuals and if Japan lose a significant number of its population where does that leave the remainder?

I honestly do not have a clue when it comes to the answer I just know that the answer when it comes will not be simple and will come at a price we will all have to pay.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Exactly, Colin. Even if you just evacuate Fukushima, right now there are 1,893,053 people left there - according to official caluculations. Put ALL those men women and children on the road. Feed them and shelter them. WHere shall we send them to? How?

This individual woman is important, and so are her kids, but it is not just about her. Even if she were to go and WALK 500 miles, sleeping rough, begging for food and shelter along the way, relying that there were people in a good enough position to take her in and who were good enough themselves to do so, there are still a lot of women and children (and men) whom you are saying you have no sympathy for, who should leave.

Where?

Im in Tokyo, I have children. We cannot leave. We cannot afford to leave. We cannot get visas. We are looking for work, but it is so hard to find work for a Japanese national in Canada, or Australia without a visa. Noone has offered us sanctuary. You say to rely on kindness, well everyone I asked OUTSIDE of Japan to take just the kids, refused to do so. Humans are just not that kind.

I tell you what, you are such a good person North, Ill find out the source for this letter, and locate this woman, since you think people are so kind, why dont you lead the way and sponser her and her children. Seriously. Or me and my children? If you think people will help, why dont you help someone yourself instead of just sitting there expecting other people to do what you will not.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Oh I don't think any country will have to worry about that.............I've seen cancer patients when they've had just "a little too much radiation" and they didn't last long. The cure killed them faster than the disease and these poor souls have had mega doses.

Mark my words, you are going to see a lot of poor Japanese dropping dead soon, their population will be cut in half.

Now, as far as people go, my husband was in Japan many years ago, I dated a Japanese boy in high school and they are for the most part, very quiet, friendly and polite. They, unlike American children, have been raised to think of others and the community as a whole vs themself first.

No, you can't judge someone, anyone by their race, nationality or religion, but by and large the people I have talked to that have been to Japan have said that the average Japanese person is a lot quieter, and more polite than the average American.

Again, I think, unfortunately there is going to be a lot of deaths due to cancer and radiation posioning along with altering of DNA.

As this is a conspiracy site, it's been thrown out there that this earthquake and it's placement might not have totally been an "act of nature" that the Japanese government refused to sell out their people and were shown what happens to a population/country when they do not comply with the NWO's agenda.

I'm not saying for sure, as I have no inside connections but at this stage of the game, almost anything is possible.

My heart goes out to Japan, I really wish there was something we all could do to help them.

edit on 9-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join