It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Believers who think science has all the answers, riddle me this

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear vjr1113,

You either agree or disagree that science has some pretty crazy beliefs that people accept with no thought. Answer what I asked, be sincere, be truthful. If you cannot prove what you believe with science and choose to attack Christians as illogical, where is your proof that you are logical? 2.5 million individual hits a month and nobody can prove that science makes sense but many can prove that I am illogical because I believe in God. Why do I keep getting told that science have all the answers till I ask ONE question, AQuestion, I have plenty more.

i dont even know where to start. there's some crazy stuff in science but for it to be called science, you need proof. so go to Wikipedia and research it.

i can prove that what i believe with science. i believe in the stars and dinosaurs, and cave men and evolution with science.

picking on anyone is mean

i dont even know what to argue
edit on 4-6-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by AQuestion

The multiverse is a theory.. and treated as such. For your analogy to be correct, and for your argument to be valid, we must assume that god is also a theory of the christians.

IRM

Dear InfaRedMan,

Again, I did not present a theory, I asked a simple question, did you not understand the Original Post? If you did not then I cannot respond to you well because you won't understand anything I say. You say the multiverse is a theory, do you agree or disagree with the theory, throw a dog a bone don't just poke people with no logic or truthfulness because you ignore their question, start you own thread if you want people to prove there is a God.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

Dear vjr1113,

You either agree or disagree that science has some pretty crazy beliefs that people accept with no thought. Answer what I asked, be sincere, be truthful. If you cannot prove what you believe with science and choose to attack Christians as illogical, where is your proof that you are logical? 2.5 million individual hits a month and nobody can prove that science makes sense but many can prove that I am illogical because I believe in God. Why do I keep getting told that science have all the answers till I ask ONE question, AQuestion, I have plenty more.

i dont even know where to start. there's some crazy stuff in science but for it to be called science, you need proof. so go to Wikipedia and research it.

i can prove that what i believe with science. i believe in the stars and dinosaurs, and cave men and evolution with science.

picking on anyone is mean

Dear vjr1113,

Picking on anyone is mean, yet, how many atheists come on the Faith forum to do just that and how many times have you corrected them? As far as reading up on these beliefs, quantum physics, I already have, I asked non-believers who think science has all the answers to defend their beliefs, why is that wrong?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

well i hate to break it to ya like this but there is no god. it's not so bad really. life goes on regardless.

that's why it's easy to pick on believers, because they are wrong. and that's the honest truth.

cya

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Here's a video that explains quantum physics to children:

You can either take the time to understand it or believe in a "theory" that the universe in controlled by magical eleves in a happy rainbow town made of gumdrops and lollipops.

Whichever is easier for you, since you seem to want an easy answer which just isn't possible since unlike faith; Science requires questioning and the use of your mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

well i hate to break it to ya like this but there is no god. it's not so bad really. life goes on regardless.

that's why it's easy to pick on believers, because they are wrong. and that's the honest truth.

cya

Dear vjr1113,

Again you are off topic, I didn't ask about God and you cannot any explanation for what you believe or even answer a direct question. That makes you an official troll, we will give you an award for being a lazy one that didn't even make a real effort. If you want a nicer Christian go to some jerk church that teaches heresy, there are plenty to be found, I don't attend them. Not one of you could defend the current best thoughts in science, not one, not one even made a true attempt, how sad for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
Here's a video that explains quantum physics to children:

You can either take the time to understand it or believe in a "theory" that the universe in controlled by magical eleves in a happy rainbow town made of gumdrops and lollipops.

Whichever is easier for you, since you seem to want an easy answer which just isn't possible since unlike faith; Science requires questioning and the use of your mind.

Dear ViQoUXu5uK0,

Sorry that you are one more troll who doesn't apparently know how to answer a question. You didn't even say if you believed in multiple universes. Show some courage, have a reason for what you believe and not for what you do not believe or just trolling on the Faith forum.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

We know how to answer questions, its that you people dont know how to take an answer.

And it has very little to do with what we "believe", because it just IS, it is the TRUTH because it has been proved by science with the use of experiments.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Have fun kids. Don't forget, if you prove multiple realities are possible, you just proved heaven and hell are possible, have fun with that.

Where's your logic? Just because you believe in heaven and hell doesn't mean they exist somewhere. If i believe i can fly does that mean in another universe we can all fly? no. i think thje multiverse model is based on the idea that each time we make a choice other universes or dimension is created. Don't think it applies to every thought we could possibly have

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

We know how to answer questions, its that you people dont know how to take an answer.

And it has very little to do with what we "believe", because it just IS, it is the TRUTH because it has been proved by science with the use of experiments.

Dear Fishticon84,

We know the answer but we don't want you to know because we wont understand. Then say it, at least those who think like you will understand. One more person incapable of answering the question or staying on topic is useless. Oh, I love your answer that it just is, the same thing you accuse Christians of saying, you believe whatever you are told out of faith in others who you don't question, have fun with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Have fun kids. Don't forget, if you prove multiple realities are possible, you just proved heaven and hell are possible, have fun with that.

Where's your logic? Just because you believe in heaven and hell doesn't mean they exist somewhere. If i believe i can fly does that mean in another universe we can all fly? no. i think thje multiverse model is based on the idea that each time we make a choice other universes or dimension is created. Don't think it applies to every thought we could possibly have

Dear Thundersmurf,

Really, that is the best you could do, completely avoid what was asked and attack me for a belief I did not state in the thread. Thank you once again for showing yourselves to be the trolls that you are. Thank you for giving up on even attempting to stay on topic or explain your beliefs. We are stupid and you are not, you don't need to explain yourself and we do. We don't have to be able to prove our beliefs and you do. That seems to be your logic. Have fun with that, now you look completely ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I have to say that I am really disgusted by the lack of any quality trolls. You cannot answer one question so you ignore it and attempt to divert the thread, that shows how pitiful your logic is. It only proves that you insincere, that you are just haters of others. Why do you bother spending all your time worrying about what Christians believe? Are you lives really that pitiful, answer the question and stay on topic, I am not even attempting to prove God and you cannot apparently find any defense for what you believe, the answer is then bug off.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Dear Fishticon84,

We know the answer but we don't want you to know because we wont understand. Then say it, at least those who think like you will understand. One more person incapable of answering the question or staying on topic is useless. Oh, I love your answer that it just is, the same thing you accuse Christians of saying, you believe whatever you are told out of faith in others who you don't question, have fun with that.

Didn't I just say that we have proof by the use of experiments?
Didn't I just say that?
But then you go and say "Oh, I love your answer that it just is, the same thing you accuse Christians of saying, you believe whatever you are told out of faith in others who you don't question"
And also I said that we know HOW to answer, its that you people don't know HOW to take and answer.

There's obviously some sorta communication barrier here, So I'll make it simple for you.
We use tested logic and you use untested knowledge.

If someone told me that Albert Einstein went back in time to the beginning of the universe and snapped his fingers which created everything that exists, I would be skeptical about it so I would look into it a much as I could.
But if someone like you heard something like that (providing that it came from one of your story books) then you would believe in it with no questions asked.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Dear Fishticon84,

Didn't I just say that we have proof by the use of experiments?
Didn't I just say that?
But then you go and say "Oh, I love your answer that it just is, the same thing you accuse Christians of saying, you believe whatever you are told out of faith in others who you don't question"
And also I said that we know HOW to answer, its that you people don't know HOW to take and answer.

There's obviously some sorta communication barrier here, So I'll make it simple for you.
We use tested logic and you use untested knowledge.

If someone told me that Albert Einstein went back in time to the beginning of the universe and snapped his fingers which created everything that exists, I would be skeptical about it so I would look into it a much as I could.
But if someone like you heard something like that (providing that it came from one of your story books) then you would believe in it with no questions asked.

Dear Fishticon84,

I am sorry that you incapable of answering the question in my OP, explain the test. Read the article, think about what you are saying. And by the way, they are saying that Einstein could time travel, you don't clearly understand where Quantum Physics is at. Again, if you want to ask if there is a God and prove us silly, start a thread on it, I started this thread with a simple question and none of you has enough belief in science to even attempt to answer it yourselves, I don't need some YouTube video to tell me what you know, tell me yourself, have a reason, heck, any reason for what you believe.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Look trolls, I didn't start this thread to be nice or sit in the box that mommy told you Christians were, I am here to correct you and challenge you on this forum. Stop trying to create dissension when we can all get along, I have many non-believers that are my friends. It is people trying to create problems that I will question in the same way that they question us. Get a life and go grow something and stop trying to correct me when you do not like be corrected.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Yeah i'm sure it's me that looks ridiculous. This thread is a waste of time. I can already tell that anything i say will be used against me in some petty confrontation. I didn't attack you (like you seem to think many people have on this thread), grow up. And i wan't off-topic. i think i responded to one particular flaw in your logic.

I'm out...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I have explained in several posts now that we "believe" in science because it has been proved by experiments and is well documented, but this guy simply does not want to understand that.

He does not want to take the time to research like we do, just like we do not want to take the time to listen to stories and take their words for it without asking questions.

No matter what you say, he will say that you did not answer his question.
This is because he is looking for the simple answers that he's used to.

There are many books about science and quantum physics, with many theories and experiments.
Its not as simple as consulting my Dungeon Masters Guide and giving you a direct and simple answer that you can just understand and take my word for. You actually have to take the time to ask many questions and look into it.
There are to many answers to one question, its not just a simple flat-out answer that you will just believe in because I said it.

That is just the way science works. You are looking for an answer in the way that faith works.
They are incompatible with each other.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Yeah i'm sure it's me that looks ridiculous. This thread is a waste of time. I can already tell that anything i say will be used against me in some petty confrontation. I didn't attack you (like you seem to think many people have on this thread), grow up. And i wan't off-topic. i think i responded to one particular flaw in your logic.

I'm out...

Dear Thundersmurf,

Try and speak the truth, it isn't harmful to you. You did not answer the question in the Op, it is obvious to anyone that read the thread

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hi AQuestion

I think I know where this tread went wrong

The word or concept “belief” seems to have at least two meanings in common everyday language
You can have a justified belief – a belief that can be justified with logic or observation ect
And
or a religious belief better known as Faith - a belief that cannot be justified with logic or observation ect

So as far as I can see belief and faith are mirror images of each other - so asking a justified belief- type question framed as a faith type question is not going to work

the answers you have been getting are the justification parts of the (Justified) belief (or no answers at all - given the scope of the question you asked and posters realizing what a large task it would be to give you the justification’s for the belief)

you one the other hand seem to be looking for faith-type answers - if im right it means your not going to get any answer you like

edit on 4-6-2011 by racasan because: fix something

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

For the short version of my response:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee466da60456.jpg[/atsimg]

And now, the long version.

I do mean to challenge. If you choose to constantly post on the Faith forum and tell us that we are stupid and that science has all the answers then riddle me this.

Stop right there. As I already said, this is a straw man argument. You are not addressing anything that anyone says. Thinking you are wrong is different than thinking you are stupid. I am wrong about a great many things and will probably continue to be wrong about some of them and entirely different things in the future and at no point will I be right in all of my positions until the day I die.

You're not stupid, you're just wrong. Granted, you may be stupid, but I'm not going to say that unless you entirely demonstrate it.

Furthermore, nobody claims that science has all the answers. Science cannot have any answers because it is a method by which we examine the universe. It is the means by which we gain answers, not a repository of them.

And lastly, you're about to commit the fallacy that treats "I don't know" as an admission of being wrong, which is particularly dishonest when you're dealing with two fields that are entirely complicated and which can each have an entire lifetime devoted to them.

Explain how multi-universes and quantum physics makes sense?

They don't, they're counter-intuitive, just like Newtonian physics. Also, the idea of a multiverse is hypothetical and is not established.

Please do, I know the theories quite well.

I doubt it. Unless you happen to have two PhDs, one is theoretical astrophysics and the other in quantum physics, to say you know them quite well is just a massive overstatement.

Furthermore, the idea of a multiverse is not so much a theory as a hypothesis and quantum physics is a field of study rather than a theory. Granted, there is a theory that explains the facts of quantum physics, but it is not a theory on its own.

...so your familiarity is called into question.

I will make it even easier, read this article and come back and explain it with simple, straight forward words that everyone will understand, if it is so sensible than this should be easy.

Again, you have this bizarre fascination with 'sensible'. I'm sorry, but science is not sensible. Science is counter-intuitive. Newtonian physics, general relativity, etc...they don't really make sense on a surface level. Furthermore, explaining quantum physics in anything but the jargon of physics removes more than half of any understanding that can be truly gathered in the field, the same holds true for the idea of a multiverse.

It is the current state of science so it must make sense, right?

It does if you're an expert in the field. If you're unfamiliar with the decade of study at a post-graduate level that is required to truly be an expert, it will all seem quite mango-shaped.

How bout this, would you feel better if I came on the Science site and endlessly told you about God?

Part of theology is the questioning of theology. Part of religion is irreligion. Part of faith is its absence. The biggest question in the field of theology, the absolute biggest problem to any theologian, is that of the nonbeliever.

Anyway, your entire argument is a straw man based in either ignorance or deception.

I'd prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're ignorant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join