It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Believers who think science has all the answers, riddle me this

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Dear itsnowagain,

I am going through the old posts (there were just too many to keep straight in my head) and preparing to close out the thread. I will be starting a new thread on our concept of God, this thread had a different purpose and that is why I tried to keep it to the topic at hand. Be well.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by AQuestion

Science is still in its infantcy, there is still more that we are learning and need to learn before we will get closer to attaining knowledge. Look at our ancestors. The world is flat, the sun and all planets revolve around the earth, etc. It is amazing to me that each time the church said that these people were wrong, when they went against "common knowledge", they had to change their beliefs and make religion fit. That is the reason I don't believe in religion, if you have a core set of beliefs, why change them?!?
I guess for some people it is easier to believe in some entity sitting back and watching us and shaping our future than it is to believe that we are all responsible for our own choices.

Dear superman2012,

Why is it so hard to stay on topic, I didn't ask about God, I asked about science and look how defensive everyone got. In short you answer is science doesn't know so there can be no God. Great answer, no more proof than anything else, so stop taking a superior attitude and claiming science has the answer.

HAHAHA...If you have definitive proof please provide it!
I was giving you my opinion and if you don't like it, don't read it. I provided you with facts and I got a juvenile answer in return. I wasn't taking a superior attitude by saying science has the answer, all I was saying is that religion doesn't...in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Do you not understand that this thread is dead? It ended, it is over.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by superman2012

Do you not understand that this thread is dead? It ended, it is over.

Thought so. Thanks for killing this absurd thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I do mean to challenge. If you choose to constantly post on the Faith forum and tell us that we are stupid and that science has all the answers then riddle me this. Explain how multi-universes and quantum physics makes sense? Please do, I know the theories quite well. I will make it even easier, read this article and come back and explain it with simple, straight forward words that everyone will understand, if it is so sensible than this should be easy. It is the current state of science so it must make sense, right? How bout this, would you feel better if I came on the Science site and endlessly told you about God? I posted there once, I quoted Dawkins and nobody agreed with him when he said the only thing we knew was real was matter, because he violated the science that we do know with that statement.

When the multiverse and many-worlds collide

Have fun kids. Don't forget, if you prove multiple realities are possible, you just proved heaven and hell are possible, have fun with that.

Quantum physics are still a THEORY, the higgs particle is still missing so all this can be false.
what you do not understand is that physicists don't have the truth, they will never have it, the only thing that they can do is search for things, theories and "laws" that work, any physic law can be disproven or rewritten if it is found a scenery where it doesn't work, the problem is that our knowledge doesn't even come close to a drop of water in the ocean

and forgive me if I wrote this wrong, english is not my first language

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

You wrote:

["Quantum physics are still a THEORY, the higgs particle is still missing so all this can be false.
what you do not understand is that physicists don't have the truth, they will never have it, the only thing that they can do is search for things, theories and "laws" that work, any physic law can be disproven or rewritten if it is found a scenery where it doesn't work, the problem is that our knowledge doesn't even come close to a drop of water in the ocean"]

The proper place from where to address ANYTHING is the proper scenery. The art of establishing scenery-appropriateness is sadly lacking.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I didn't wish to discuss God at the beginning of the thread, I said what I was doing, I was fishing for people that would go right to telling me that there was no God rather than respond to what I did ask and THEN ask me what I believed.

Accept my apology too; for distracting the OP. It wasn't intentional - I just found it easier to construct a concise response to the OP by a contrast with beliefs of believers. And perhaps if i was being fair to myself; the thread was posted in "Religion, Faith, And Theology" and directed at non-believers.

I did post in the Faith section. If you go back and see how the thread progressed you will discover that the site owner had eliminated a post (not mine and I don't remember what it said) because the person was obviously too rude.

I'll take a look; i hope it wasn't me! Again, if so, accept my sincerest apologies; Like most, I am rather passionate with my regards to sharing a perspective ; i would like to think i've learnt to use my passion in more respectful ways since i first registered on ATS.

My guess is that he knew what I was up to. Bogomil even stated what I was doing and I said he was correct, yet, people persisted in attacking my assumed belief in God.

Well i certainly hope they were not ridiculing you personally. No one should be ridiculed or demeaned for committing to a belief. But i feel, on a forum (or in a debate), where there are opposing position; one shouldn't expect their beliefs to be free from criticism or challenge.

While I do believe in God, it is most definately not the limited perspective that people assume. I would classify it in a more metaphysical yet still Christian explanation.

Christianity (the original doctrine) does make a range of "metaphysical" claims; hellfire, miracles. Metaphysical, in the biblical sense, is "Supernatural" (GOD) (Beyond natural, beyond physical, what we can see or prove)

We'll save the debate for a more appropriate thread, as you've suggested.

I do apologize to you if anything I said to you was less than kind. Please accept my apology and I look forward to hearing what you have to say in the future,

No apology is required, comrade. I should have refrained from the "GOD" debate, and directly answered the questions in the OP as others have done; again, accept MY apologies.

Thanks for the sentiment,

I'll see you in another thread.

Peace.
edit on 6/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So are you saying that if there aren't multiple universes, it proves God exists? What?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join