It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet 90-95% of you don't know who Paul Revere was or What he did to become Famous...Sarah Palin Kn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ColoradoJens

And nothing surprises me about Palin. The only way Obama gets re-elected is if he is running against any of the Republicans! What a worthless bunch of nincompoops they have put together to try and oppose Obama. I mean, Obama is basically a lame duck, he has no chance of re-election, but wait, oh it looks like the Republicans have decided to concede.

edit on 3-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

I think it is designed that way, Obama has to finish his role in destroying the constitution before he can be replaced, TPTB need him there for for 4 more years, just as they needed Bush in for an extra term.

It wont really make any difference who gets elected anyway, same crap different day, but they will keep Obama in power for an extra 4 years, then they can blame all the anti constitutional stuff on the token black man, but of course say it is to late to change anything, then of course there will be a really strong Republican who will promise to make America American again, he wont, but will get his 8 years, wash, rinse, repeat until all the constitution is gone and then they can do away with elections altogether

I am not even American and I watch in horror as the country is destroyed from within, to such a state I wouldn't even visit the US any more, not a chance I would take my kids to Disney world so some perverted TSA gets to touch them up

As i said I don't think the policy is decided by who ever gets elected, but damn the thought of Palin with access to the button scares the hell out of me

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I know! I know!

hey phage, which one is paul revere?

fang? mark? and that is not goldie or is it?

lol, you beat me to it!
edit on 4-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

thanks to robert wuhls "assume the position" lectures. sadly, I had never heard of isreal bissel until last year and I'm 43 years old

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yea, yea, had all that history stuff back in the 60's. What I hear from kids today is what is the point of studying old dead guys. I somewhat agree with them. The old world compares to the new world like apples and oranges. Does having this general knowledge of history help create a new game, web page, design a car / space vehicle and thousands of other things. Despite planned obsolesce in today's machines we still need to train young people how to maintain them and general knowledge of history just clutters up their minds. Let the old dead guys lie a-mouldering in the grave.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

George Santayana

thinkexist.com...

2 notable lessons not learned were Hitler not learning from Napoleon's attacking Russia. The results were the same. And America not learning from France in going to war in Viet Nam. Again, same results. But one wouldn't know that if they didn't study history.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Paul Revere was a little more important to the American revolution than his role as a rider warning about the British coming would suggest. He even took part in designing some of our early currency. The guy was a "Son of Liberty" and maybe even took part in the Boston Tea Party. You would think someone like Palin riding on the coattails of the "tea party" would have a fricken clue who Paul Revere was.

What's disturbing to me is that Palin could be this ignorant of American history, she thinks the election of the presidency is nothing more than a glee club popularity contest, and doesn't have a clue to what she's trying to be the president of.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Quick..who was Nathan Hale? Benedict Arnold? David Bushnell? George Clymer? Matthew Thornton?

Yeah you maroons are brilliant and Sarah's a dummy.

C'mon, let's hear it..."But we're not running for POTUS". Neither is Sarah. So you have two reasons to stop criticizing.
edit on 4-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

Did you watch the video mishigas? She fumbled it miserable. All she had to say was 'he warned the brittish were coming'. Instead, she flubbed a bunch of nonsense about 'our freedoms being secure and our right to bear arms'. give me a break. She's your messiah, I get it. u would defend anything she does, no mater the degree of stupidness.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Did you watch the video mishigas? She fumbled it miserable.

So what?

All she had to say was 'he warned the brittish were coming'. Instead, she flubbed a bunch of nonsense about 'our freedoms being secure and our right to bear arms'. give me a break.

Sounds like what a typical politician would do. And you made several spelling errors. Does that disqualify you from being a human being that deserves basic respect and courtesy?

She's your messiah, I get it. u would defend anything she does, no mater the degree of stupidness

I don't get the fascination you people have with attacking her. But then, I've seen you all do it to other humans. Why can't you afford someone basic respect as a human being? When one of you starts, the mob follows. Just like sheep or children. What is it, immaturity, or lack of manners? She's harmless, she'll never be POTUS. So your attacks are pure meanness. Go pick on a man. Leave the girls alone.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
He was the one who saw the lanterns in the bell tower and rode through the town crying The British Are Coming !!
All that ring a bell?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Who, Paul Revere?!! Ah yea, of course I know him... I heard him mentioned in a Beastie Boys song from the eighties. Give me a sec, I figure this one out...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's just what I want in a POTUS. An undereducated Barbie. I REALLY did try for another word but that's all I could come up with. I can see it now. "Mr Putin, Palin is on the phone. What? No Sir. She still insists on calling you Stalin."

Nice, Intrepid, nice. And you're not even a citizen of the US. Thanks for stopping by and letting us know how you feel.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ya Know.

It would seem that sooner or later some of these people would remember, or alteast learn, the reason behind the old saying--

"Better to remain silent, and be thought a fool;
Than to speak and remove all doubt!"

If any of the current Republican contenders really want to be elected to P O T U S they may be better served to just --- SHUT UP!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

Aahh the Paul Revere tall tail. The basic information we were all indoctrinated with was incorrect. He did ride, but....... only for a very short distance. Israel Bissel completed the entire ride. After 300 some odd miles and two horses, his heroics were rewarded by having his name smudged out of the history books. Good ole indoctrination system.

Nah, it was his first name. Anti-semitism was alive and kickin' even then.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Nice, Intrepid, nice. And you're not even a citizen of the US. Thanks for stopping by and letting us know how you feel.

Well if current history hasn't taught you that what happens in the States affects others YOU need to study more history. If this was Myanmar, well no big deal. But our economy and society is directly affected by your government. So, please, get off your soapbox.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
90-95 % of people don't care about Sarah Palin, they care about Ron Paul.

Just my observation.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

He was the one who saw the lanterns in the bell tower and rode through the town crying The British Are Coming !!
All that ring a bell?

I have a RevereWare teapot.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well if current history hasn't taught you that what happens in the States affects others YOU need to study more history. If this was Myanmar, well no big deal. But our economy and society is directly affected by your government. So, please, get off your soapbox.

Yeah, and so many executive decisions revolve around the POTUS' snap knowledge of Paul Revere.
It's extremely important to our Canuck neighbors, I realize that. We need them to malign our citizens if they slip up over these *very* important factoids.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yeah, and so many executive decisions revolve around the POTUS' snap knowledge of Paul Revere.

I would expect that a "US citizen" that is campaigning for POTUS to be at least as educated as a non-citizen.

It's extremely important to our Canuck neighbors, I realize that. We need them to malign our citizens if they slip up over these *very* important factoids.

I'm not maligning a citizen. I'm maligning someone that is trying to become the most powerful ruler in the world. I would expect that person to be minimally educated. Logic my friend. Try it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

George Santayana

thinkexist.com...

2 notable lessons not learned were Hitler not learning from Napoleon's attacking Russia. The results were the same. And America not learning from France in going to war in Viet Nam. Again, same results. But one wouldn't know that if they didn't study history.

You'd think, eh? Curious if the US Board of Education can come up with a logical explination at the complete and utter lies that are told as "history" in schools today. Regarding that, a little dated, but I strongly suggest everyone reads this:

Lies My Teacher Told Me

CJ

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

While I never fell asleep in History, history and politics were my fav's, can you tell?
I will definitely check that book out. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join