It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet 90-95% of you don't know who Paul Revere was or What he did to become Famous...Sarah Palin Kn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How many times? How man non-sequiters? What in the world? Why does it seem every answer of hers makes no sense?

I'm going to Paul Rever's House on my Historical Tour...wait, who was he?

I don't expect our candidates to tell me the truth. I don't expect them to do me any good. I'd like to see them be able to articulate a simple first grade history lesson, just once.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
yeah...uh...who cares...I know she's stupid...but really...who cares...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
without cheating with a google search or referencing the wikipedia, i hear tell he was an accomplished silver-smith

what else didn't the old education system not teach me about him?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Isnt there a song about him, i think he was something to do with the american revolution, or was that a rhetorical question?
Its shameful if she didnt know who he was, im not even american and ive vaguely heard of him.
edit on 3-6-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I bet 90-95% of you don't know who Paul Revere was or What he did to become Famous...

Of course I know why he's famous, It's a Beastie Boys song, right?

Oh wait, not the point?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
From what my memory serves on the point of history: Paul Revere was a silver smith at the time of the American Revolution. He was also part of the riders who were to spred the word that the British were comming. However, he never completed his ride as he was stopped half way through it and another rider had to complete it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am not overly concerned that she didn't know the bio of P.R....surely any american knows at least the small stuff (the british are coming...)

But what I find concerning is that she didn't even take a half second to do a quick google...you don't have to know everything, but you should know where to get a quick reference should you be lacking and knowledge is relevant.

If she has presidential ambitions, she has to realize, its not about knowing everything...its about knowing where to find intel...come on Sarah...take a few moments to think. your making your own base a bit nervous.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

DAM!

Really, people don't know this basic story?

1 if by land, 2 if by sea? Ring any bells?

Paul Revere's famous ride?

The British are coming?

Let me know if anything starts to trigger, or if you just get a headache.
(ETA:not directed at Jens, just the general "you.")

And nothing surprises me about Palin. The only way Obama gets re-elected is if he is running against any of the Republicans! What a worthless bunch of nincompoops they have put together to try and oppose Obama. I mean, Obama is basically a lame duck, he has no chance of re-election, but wait, oh it looks like the Republicans have decided to concede.

edit on 3-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambiguous

I bet 90-95% of you don't know who Paul Revere was or What he did to become Famous...

Of course I know why he's famous, It's a Beastie Boys song, right?

Oh wait, not the point?

Here you go. I don't think it will educate Palin much though.

link   
ok this is way off topic but I cheated and went wiki on his a$$. The dude totally look like jack black.

And as for Palin, to not know the guy is one thing, but she could have at least gone through the trouble of looking him up prior to visiting him.

Ahh well...

link   

Originally posted by St Udio
without cheating with a google search or referencing the wikipedia, i hear tell he was an accomplished silver-smith

what else didn't the old education system not teach me about him?

He rode a horse about 20 miles to turn a light on.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This CANADIAN knows. It's basic history. She should know. Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Wasn't it the name of an American Pop Group of the 1960's? They never had any records released here in Britain though.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Off topic but that would be Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Edit to add: Yes, I'm old.

edit on 3-6-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Without cheating.

He was a messenger during the American Revolution.

1 if by land.
2 if by sea.
Lanterns I believe.

I've also heard somewhere that the story of him riding up and down the Eastern seaborne warning normal townspeople that the British were coming isn’t exactly true.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm an American and it was some guy riding the horse hollering: "The British *is/are coming..." And that's about it. See? She should know this stuff!
edit on 2011-6-03 by pikypiky because: *To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
meh, he was no isreal bissel

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Aahh the Paul Revere tall tail. The basic information we were all indoctrinated with was incorrect. He did ride, but....... only for a very short distance. Israel Bissel completed the entire ride. After 300 some odd miles and two horses, his heroics were rewarded by having his name smudged out of the history books. Good ole indoctrination system.

Doesn't surprise me about Palin. Just another mark to the long list of talleys idicating how inept she truly is.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
meh, he was no isreal bissel

Dang it. You beat me to it

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky
[more)

If Revere was shouting "The British Are Coming" then surely he was meaning himself........as people living in the 13 colonies where in fact still British Citizens at that time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join