It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE number Twelve -12 (facts&secrets)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
When you look at the numbe 12 it has alot of significance,its a composite number, the smallest number with exactly six divisors, its proper divisors being 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 12. Twelve is also a highly composite number, the next one being 24 . ok lets look at some things----

12 were apostles of Christ.
12 months for a baby to be one
12 hours on a clock alos 12 +12 = 24 hours in a day 365 days= 1 year, so there are 12 months in 1 year
the letter TWELVE has 6 letters 6+6= 12
In astrology, there are 12 signs in the Zodiac
December, the 12th month of a year
There are normally twelve pairs of ribs in the human body
Twelve people have walked on Earth's moon.
There are 12 in a dozen.

There are twenty-four hours in a day in all, with twelve hours for a half a day. The hours are numbered from one to twelve for both the ante meridiem (a.m.) half of the day and the post meridiem (p.m.) half of the day. 12:00 after a.m. and before p.m. (in the middle of the day) is midday or noon, and 12:00 after p.m. and before a.m. (in the middle of the night) is midnight. A new day is considered to start with the stroke of midnight. Furthermore, the basic units of time (60 seconds, 60 minutes, 24 hours) can all perfectly divide by twelve

The importance of 12 in Judaism and Christianity can be found in the Bible. The biblical Jacob had 12 sons, who were the progenitors of the Twelve Tribes of Israel, while the New Testament describes twelve apostles of Jesus; when Judas Iscariot was disgraced, a meeting was held (Acts) to add Matthias to complete the number twelve once more.

so i guess when we try to do research just take a look at 12 the number and what a great
significance it has maybe something will happen in 2012

anyone else have some cool 12 facts
edit on 2-6-2011 by bob33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
hope you find this useful, if you want to know more about this number, and think you are obsessed with it, you may want to check out this site: Number12Secret.com The way he talks about the number reminds me of the film "The Number 23", where a man thinks his life is revolved around that number... It actually scares me, it's just a number!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are also supposed to be 12 strands of DNA that correspond to the 12 chakras.

Due to genetic modification humans only have 2, which correspond to the root and sacral chakra.

That's why all we do is worry about sex (attention) and security (approval).

Such a shame.

edit on 2-6-2011 by Beyond Creation because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bob33

The number has been popping up for me over the last month, it had never played a prominent roll before. Maybe somethings gunna happen, golly jeez im exsoited

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't disagree with you that there are a lot of instances you can correspond the number twelve to, but you could also do the same for other numbers. Basically the numbers one through seven I could compile similar lists for. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just saying that it is also very likely just coincidence.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
School year 12 also maths at school 12xs tables

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So what do i do with this amazing number?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
there are only 12 notes in western music

link   
reply to post by scojak

im sure you can but when it comes to religion science and astrology 12 is the magic answer

link   
1. 12 monkeys
2. Apartment 12
3. Twelfth night
4. Beneath the 12-Mile Reef
5. Her twelve men
6. Ocean's twelve
7. The twelve chairs
8. 12 and holding
9. 2012
10. 12:08 East of Bucharest
11. The dirty dozen
12. 12 angry men

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
MAJESTIC 12

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The real number is sixty, of which twelve is a divisor. In ancient times, base 60 was used for everything, because it works the best. That is why there are 360 degrees in a circle, 60 minutes on your watch, everything.

This is why the metric system is retarded. Also it was invented in France.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

On one hand you can count off the numbers from 1 to 12 by touching the joints of your fingers with your thumb. There are many good arguments for counting in twelves thather than in tens

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

ou can count off the numbers from 1 to 12 by touching the joints of your fingers with your thumb

someone needs a playstation, or atleast a cup 'n' ball.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Leonardo da Vinci and the number 12

the works of Leonardo da Vinci are full of hidden meanings. I’ve also wrote about that subject not that long ago in the context of the book “The Da Vinci Code”. However, since I’m not inclined to make final opinions based solely on one crime story, no matter how insightful it had been, I’ve decided to conduct my own little research about Leonardo, mostly in order to find out whether Leonardo and to what extent understood the importance of the number twelve. This research was done along with an extensive journey across Europe, which lasted 28 days, where I wanted to experience and learn a great deal, and from which I’ve just recently come back home. That’s also the only reason that this web site has not been updated during the past month.

In order to found out more about Leonardo I visited the Amboise castle in France, the place where Leonardo spent the last few years of his life before dying. At present, the castle hosts a very interesting museum dedicated to Leonardo, that I highly recommend to visit, and while I was there I was lucky enough to see an exhibition in occasion of Leonardo and dedicated primarily to his masterpiece “The Last Supper”. Apparently other people too were inspired with Dan Brown’s novel and thus I pay honor to him once more.

Nevertheless, here is what I’ve found out after a closer look into Leonardo’s inheritance. Firstly, it is without doubt that all of Leonardo’s paintings have several meanings. You might call them “hidden”, but the meanings are indeed hidden only to superficial people, without a sense for detail and without much education. In reality, everything has been laid out in the open on a very small area of a painting but Leonardo showed his geniality since not even those limitations impeded him to confuse even the greatest minds. For example, I’ve personally felt ashamed after realizing how much it took me to notice a simple fact: that the “Last Supper” was taking place during the day. That detail alone for numerous orthodox ecclesiastics would have been enough to condemn me of blasphemy, since according to them the Easter-tide dinner was held in particular after sunset, which during the month of April is not too late, anyhow. Probably they would not have figured that out even after staring at the painting for months.

However, there was another thing that I believe was even a greater proof that Leonardo was keen to mysticism, which in the 15th century, even in its most harmless form, could have literary cost a man’s head, under the accusation of being a heretic. Namely, Leonardo wanted to establish its own Academy, following Plato’s example he even drew a symbol of this Academy, which was a meticulously formed Sun with 32 rays. The number 32 in particular suggest to a secret society, one that did not dare to express their beliefs openly since the public might have condemned them causing many members to endanger their own lives. Those societies have often had 32 degrees of initiation, and allegedly the same symbol that Leonardo used was the one that marked the Rex Deus families, keepers of the “actual” truth about Jesus. The same number also leads us to the mystical Jewish technique called Kabbalah, where by connecting 10 Sefirots with twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet you get the 32 Paths of Wisdom. Unquestionably, Leonardo did not use the number 32 by mere accident!
What thrilled me in particular with Leonardo was the fact that other than the number 32, he not only knew the significance of the number 12 but used it in practice a multitude of times. More about the usage of the number 12 in practice, as I have interpreted it, I wrote extensively in the book “The Secret of the Number Twelve” (available through Amazon.com). In the same book I’ve also mentioned the painting “Mona Lisa” in the context of the number 12. But, what I’ve learned new is that Leonardo studied all of his paintings in twelve’s. He even claimed that the human face is made out of 20 736 details, that should all be drawn when portraying in order for the face to look perfect. Leonardo’s contemporaries thought of him as mad, (maybe as they think of me today), nevertheless all the wisdom of this kind of thinking is that the number 20 736 derives from 12x12x12. And yet again we receive the three numbers twelve, which I’ve pointed out to be located above Jesus head on the painting “The Last Supper”. The sum 36 can also be received by a simple squaring of the painting, which is 9x4 meters. (I remind you that the Louvre pyramid was built from squares of 36 fields). Besides the above, in many celebrations that Leonardo carried out he used the motive of 12 people, and not that rarely it had to do with 12 black and 12 white people, which is another recognizable symbolism linked to this number. Not only did he use the number twelve in such simple ways, but Leonardo also withdrew his own money from the bank in the amount of 1/12 of his entire savings! Therefore, I’m almost certain that a day did not pass by without Leonardo remembering the number 12, which indeed devoured ALL his activities – from artistic to the most common daily routines. It seems to me that I myself did not master the usage of the number 12 in such a way, still I’m happy that I was able, at least in something, to come on the same path as the great Leonardo.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Da Vinci Code and the Number 12

In view of the overwhelming media coverage of the “Da Vinci Code” movie promotion, I’ve made an effort and read the said book. Personally, I consider the book just an average crime story and I almost laughed at this whole “morality”-of-the-story frenzy for a story that is, after all, fictional. However, after I have thought over the material I’ve read, for a couple of days, I had to admit that Dan Brown wrote a very inspiring work for questioning the spiritual matter, since he used motives from some unjustly disregarded scientific works, that the general public is unaware of, and hence, in his book, he did a little glossary of the said works. Doing so, he acquainted many readers with the alternative thinking; some might say even “higher” knowledge. In addition, Brown has shown brilliance, by coding his own book, which was very brave of him, considering that no one could have guaranteed him the book would achieve such success. Or perhaps, he already knew it in advance or at least assumed he’d make it, since he used many intriguing information, leaving us to wonder, whether, he has really gotten his information from a secret source. I think many of you are already familiar with the famous anagrams we receive from the names of some protagonists as i.e. Liegh Teabing, which gives us Leigh and Baigent, or better the authors of the book “Holy Blood, Holy Grail”. Nevertheless, in the context of these pages, I want to talk about something else, which I doubt many have noticed. Seeing that

I’m researching the number 12, it appeared to me that the author deliberately used the number 12. In the book, in over ten examples, the author discussed about a twelve of some sort i.e. 12 prisoners, 12 computers, 12 meters, Silas being imprisoned for 12 years and the like. Is it because the painting of “The Last Supper” is showing 12 Apostles? I have analyzed the painting and noticed that there were 36 dark lines, above Jesus, looking towards three windows, windows very similar to the ones I saw in Egyptian temples. If we divide 36 by 3 we get the number 12, which is the number of the Holy Trinity. In the painting, since it appears that a woman is seated next to Jesus, it is quite possible that through the number 12 the author wanted to additionally point out to Mary Magdalene. The story can be deemed even more dramatically significant once we realize that Mary Magdalene is mentioned in the Bible exactly 12 times! (You can check the latter on www.christnotes.org...). Mary is described as being present at the Crucifixion, the Burial and the Resurrection of Jesus and on top of that Jesus appeared to her first, hence she could indeed play the most important role out of the 12 Apostles! I hope you are not angry with my honesty, but I’m also trying to understand whether the author intended, in this way, to additionally point out our attention to the above mentioned, subconsciously. Moreover, I’ve noticed that Dan Brown said that the planet Venus, once every eight years, reflects the image of an exact pentagram. At first glance, this quote has nothing to do with the number 12. However, once we add up three such periods we get a 24-year cycle, which I have mentioned several times, given that it’s important in the context of the number 12, adding two twelve’s, and is used for i.e. measuring a day, or the fact that our spine has 24 parts and the like. Of course, within the number 24 we find the number three, again, as a possible indication of the Trinity. After I’ve read the book, I’ve also looked through numerous articles even documentaries that dispute the book, and, the main evidence that they state that proves Dan Brown is a liar and an impudent fellow is apparently his statement that the glass pyramid in front of the Louvre is composed of 666 parts. Being that I’ve seen the place, and lately having people point out with dread the significance of the date 6. 6. 2006., I’ve decided to look a bit more into it. Firstly, I must clarify that I don’t consider the number 666 important as a whole number, 666, but instead I interpret it as 6+6+6. It seems to me that that number points out to three (still, we know of, or better, are visible only two) stars of the Sirius constellation, known as the Dog and Wolf Stars. Hence, the truth that this number was the biblical number for the “Beast”, nevertheless it’s not clear how and why these beautiful stars were in the Bible associated with the Satanic, evil (?) number. However, the Bible clearly states that only the “shrewd” ones will understand that number, since that number represents the Man. Since I don’t intend to do a deeper analysis on the issue, I’ll just consider the glass pyramid for now. It seems that it contains at least 666 parts, although probably more. In the media you’ll hear of the numbers 673 and 698, although it seems to me if there weren’t any entrances, there had to be 684 parts. The number 684 can be definitely divided by 12 (the rest - 57). The number 673 does not seem likely, while the number 698 is interesting, since according to the description of secret societies, their members advanced through 32 stages of initiation. Once we add 32 to the number 666 we get the number 698. The number 32 could also have something to do with the game of chess, where there are 32 figures, and Dan Brown writes how the members of the Priory of Sion held their rituals disguised in chess figures. Meaning, we could see this as “additional building” to our knowledge about the number 666. Maybe even the number 32 needs to be additionally read as 3+2. Moreover, from the top to the bottom of the pyramids there are 18 parts. If we divide 18 with three, we get 6. Indeed, we really shouldn’t discard the story about the three sixes, since 6+6+6 equals 18. And, once we multiply the number 18 with four (sides) we get 72, which is again dividable by 12, and we are left once more with the number 6. A bit problematic is that the bottom parts of the pyramid are not intact, and thus people may claim that there aren’t really 18 parts, but 17 and a half. However, if we count the bottom part as a half, than none of the numbers, not 673, 684 nor 698 are correct. It is interesting that on every side of the pyramid, clearly visible, are three framed quadrants composed of 6x6 parts (see the image), that could indicate further to the analysis of the number 666 as in 6+6+6. Clearly the 6x6, which equals 36 remind us of the 36 lines on the painting of the Last Supper, or better the calculation 3x12. At the end, three such quadrants on every side of the glass pyramid give us again the number 12. Moreover, on Leonardo’s painting, the Last Supper, the Apostles are set in four groups of three Apostles. For now, this would be all I’ve noticed concerning the issue. I can conclude saying that the pyramid in front of the Louvre and Leonardo da Vinci’s work certainly deserve further analysis other than having in mind just this technical and artistic dimension. I’m not saying that we should, at once, be led by the quotes of Dan Brown. In fact, probably they might lead us in the wrong direction and enable us to find convincing evidence of hidden motives the creators of the mentioned art works had. Somehow, I’m thinking that I should write a book on symbols and religion. Maybe I should pack my suitcase and head on the way? I think I’ll do that!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
you managed to write those above two post in about 10 seconds, if youre quoting from elsewhere, give credit.
or the plageghost will get you!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
About Japan, Ancient Egypt and the number 12

In the book “The Secret of the Number Twelve” I wrote that, as a symbol, the number 12 stands out in all world religions. You ought to buy the book to find out more about it, while at the present I’ll reveal some new examples in an all-together new context. Namely, the more I pursue this subject, more evidences seem to confirm my thesis that all religions spring out from the Ancient Egyptian religion. Even now, current news is the issuing of Judah’s Gospel found in Egypt. As I have already mentioned in the book and earlier articles posted on this website (see New conclusions in the link News), I believe that the authentic “cross” of the pyramids at Giza, the symbol of the cross and Jesus’ crucifixion is the number 12 (birds-eye-view the cross divides the three pyramids into 12 pyramids and the cross has its 12 edges). Evidently, those pyramids treasure many other answers and hence we are able to easily notice the symbol of Trinity. It seems that at that place man has INDEED risen from the dead although just in one of the three pyramids which could be confirmed by the fact that officially there are four Gospels from 12 Apostles. Applying the logic of fractions 4/12=1/3 we reach the above hypothesis. Therefore, when we think about the number 12, we do not look at its wide circulation throughout the world only in a quantitative expression, evident when measuring time and found in holy stories; we also recognize it in the symbol of the cross that can be traced all around us.

It is interesting that this “unnoticeable” number 12 has been following us from one minute to the next, starting from our wrist where we carry a watch with the number 12, to clocks all over our walls, even in cell phones, in cars, not to mention the calendar and so forth. Other than the obvious, hundreds or better thousands crosses watch over us everyday wherever we decide to go. Passing streets we encounter a number of uncounted crosses on sacral objects, jewelry, works of art, books, just turn around and you’ll be sure to spot at least one. Not to mention the fact that our body has 12 openings, 12 pairs of ribs, 12 cranial nerves, all subjects I’ve written thoroughly about. The core religious beliefs have been spread from Egypt to the whole world, from the Nordic countries to the south of Africa and South America. I find particularly interesting the spread of that knowledge to the East. Namely, while the old traditions were for the most part destroyed on the territory of the Americas mainly due to the barbaric behavior of European conquerors, in the East the same knowledge was greatly preserved and is often practiced even at present times. Therefore, it’s no surprise that it’s become highly attracting to people all over the world and that, for instance, Indian or Tibetan holy men are very popular in the West. However, that knowledge is vague, turned upside down and incomplete in many aspects as well as build on with unnecessary fabrications and modern influences. From all the different countries it seems to me that only in traditional Japan, whose ancient ways are dying out, one is still able to see how the only ideal society that has ever existed on the planet Earth used to function. That society was the Ancient Egyptian one. It was perfect, since it’s probably the only society that experienced the manifestation of God in person in the image of Man of God. Hence, Ancient Egyptians were thought to apply the religious studies in their everyday activities and doing intellectual work meant primarily pursuing principles set by God. Likely, in Japan one is still able to see the worship of the emperor as the Son of God, Sun devotion, the perfect discipline and diligence, the exceptional sense of honor and an “abnormal” obsession with time measurement. I also feel that the Japanese’s desire to learn, their technical abilities, their unique reference to their bodies (martial arts, breathing techniques…), even their writing, once we apply the analogy method, all reveal Ancient Egyptian societal structures. The great power of Japan at present certainly derives from the rules and responsibilities learned a long time ago, respected by every individual while working on the development of their own society. Somehow I believe that the Egyptians were also numerous like the Japanese on a very narrow strip of land although the official historiography will not likely confirm the above said.

History claims that there were only a few millions of Ancient Egyptians although I believe that data to be true only for the more recent periods in Ancient Egyptian history. Japan is the most similar to the ancient world since for centuries the territory was cut out from any foreign influence, especially European. People that have visited Japan thirty-forty years ago talk about the country with great impressions, as about something unconceivable, almost terrifying. Nevertheless, I believe that such a society existed in Ancient Egypt and followed a far sterner regime than the Japanese one. In Ancient Egypt, the societal hierarchy was absolute and subjected to the pharaoh, while the clergy literary for century lived working solely on measuring time. The sense of honor and superiority was extraordinary and all people on earth acted like one machine made from million parts. Furthermore, I believe in my gut that all Egyptians were intellectuals, people of exceptional spirit, humane and people of incomparable behavior. Naturally, it’s difficult to compare nowadays any existing religion or society openly to the Ancient Egyptian society in its whole, however, we can compare the things that are eternal, which are symbols. So, let’s go back once more to the number 12 as an Ancient Egyptian symbol but also to the symbolism of the word Amen. This Amen (Amon) was the supreme Egyptian God, the Creator, while it’s more than obvious that it also indicates the Christian word Amen used during mass service. Furthermore, the last word in the Bible is Amen and I’m almost positive that that’s the Word found also at the beginning of the Bible, although it remains unsaid. With different nations we can find variations of this name i.e. the Indian forefather Manu looks like a modified Amen, as in a word game. Still, in order to emphasize on the link between Japan and Ancient Egypt I’ll go further. The Japanese Central heavenly divinity is called AME-No-minaka-nushi-ko-kami. I have pointed out the word Amen in the prefix on purpose as the first evidence of this link. Secondly, I’ll point to the fact that the first generation of gods in Japan counted 12 members. In addition, the prefix Amen often emerges among others ancient Japanese divinities and frequent are also variations of the same prefix. I think you can clearly see now the different parts of the system, although it’s not just about taking over parts, it’s about the whole. Therefore, a man and a woman, Izanagi and Izanami, stand out as the most important out of the 12 gods, confirming the partition of the number 12 into 10+2. This motive obviously reminds us of the Ancient Greek Zeus and Hera or Roman Jupiter and Juno. Evidently, additional explanations of the name Jupiter are redundant since the greater part of this web site is devoted to it. Furthermore, we have the Holy Trinity in Ancient Japanese religion as well as the story about the five primary Gods, like in Egypt.

The story says that the Heavenly couple in their first 12-gods generation created 14 Japanese islands and 40 nature gods. Somehow, even these numbers 2, 14 and 40 remind me of Ancient Egypt where the Heavenly couple Isis and Osiris are looking for 14 parts of Osirises body scattered all over Egypt. The names itself, Izanagi and Izanami, with its prefixes, remind us of the names Isis and Osiris. The number 40 leads to the partition of Egypt into 42 noms whose rulers had status of representatives of God and sat next to Osiris during the sepulchral judging of the dead. However, somehow during the transmission of this bit of knowledge came to an information loss (42-40), although we are aware that without a thorough scientific research we won’t be able to find out the whole truth behind this hypothesis. Maybe the Japanese scientists could inquire upon my assertions? Maybe there is something indicative in the fact that the Japanese government is the main financier of the new luxurious Egyptian museum in Cairo? I hope that now, with the final reports of this article, the importance of the number 12 as a Holy number has become even more evident, as well as its ancient source and significance for Mankind. You’ll probably ask me how come I have so conveniently skipped explaining the number five. Well, because soon I’ll devote a whole new article about it, clearly in the context of the number 12.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The 12 days of Christmas too. Holy crap, the world will end next year. Haha, jk, I love these math plays. Hence the name. I think we use a decimal system though because it does make mathematics much easier in base 10. Maybe that's because I have 10 fingers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join