It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Everything is God...

God isn't in the bible

Really?

And you know this because/how? Its something you were told/taught.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Everything is God...

God isn't in the bible

Really?

More or less something i pieced together through study...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Everything is God...

God isn't in the bible

Really?

More or less something i pieced together through study...

Study? You serious?

I grew up Christian - - - through research to find the "real Jesus" - - - I discovered NOTHING supports the story.

What were you studying?

I know that I believed in a god - - because - - not only was I raised to believe in god - - but dominant US society supports a god.

Through serious study/research - - - I am now Atheist. NOTHING supports an omnipotent being.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am now Atheist. NOTHING supports an omnipotent being.

It seems to me that all religious texts support some sort of Omnipotent being...

Just because you chose not to agree with them, doesn't mean truth doesn't exist within the texts.

Do you agree with the big bang theory?

What does being an ex christian have to do with anything?

And what were you studying that made you an athiest?

edit on 23-11-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It seems to me that all religious texts support some sort of Omnipotent being...

Is that an oxymoron?

Of course RELIGIOUS TEXTS support an Omnipotent being.

How does researching religious texts give you any kind of an objective comparison/thought?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Is that an oxymoron?

Of course RELIGIOUS TEXTS support an Omnipotent being.

How does researching religious texts give you any kind of an objective comparison/thought?

by going outside of the bible...

It puts God in a tiny little box... or even a book...

Though it does give you the ideals of what God would want us to be like, so to speak... It doesn't tell you Jesus taught meditation, though you can see it in what is written about him if you know where to look...

God is within all life, and even inanimate things... but we access him through contemplation. Prayer is a form of meditation but its more of a distraction to me.

Prayer is talking to God... Meditation is listening to him

edit on 23-11-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am sorry but really why do people always say The Bible is proof of God. There are other religious text too yet Christians don't seem to take that into account.
If you are going t provide proof how about talking about divine intervention

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It doesn't tell you Jesus taught meditation, though you can see it in what is written about him if you know where to look...

So you now want to go back to prove Jesus?

There is zero historical factual writings of "biblical Jesus". There is however - - real history of a political dissident named Jesus.

I suppose I'll need to believe in Zeus and Mars - - - because there are writings about them.

Some believe there is a universe force - - - it has many labels - - - god being one of many.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It doesn't tell you Jesus taught meditation, though you can see it in what is written about him if you know where to look...

So you now want to go back to prove Jesus?

There is zero historical factual writings of "biblical Jesus". There is however - - real history of a political dissident named Jesus.

I suppose I'll need to believe in Zeus and Mars - - - because there are writings about them.

Some believe there is a universe force - - - it has many labels - - - god being one of many.

I have no need to "prove" Jesus existed, the fact is it doesn't matter...

Whoever it was that was written about in various texts is all that one needs to see the truth

And that truth is, as he said... will set you free

I believe he existed because no one before or after him taught such a message...

You don't need to believe he existed, though you can't deny what he taught was truth

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I believe he existed because no one before or after him taught such a message...

Er... Buddha?

Or Zoroaster...

Oh and Krishna

edit on 24/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Buddha didn't believe the soul existed... though he believed in peace and harmony

Zoroaster seemed to have an obsession with "evil"

And im not sure about Krishna honestly though he did seem to teach similar things.

I might also mention that its quite possible Jesus travelled through india, and quite possibly learned a lot from the religious teachers of that area.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Buddha didn't believe the soul existed... though he believed in peace and harmony

Zoroaster seemed to have an obsession with "evil"

And im not sure about Krishna honestly though he did seem to teach similar things.

Well you didn't say the "Exact" same message... you said such a message... and there are parallels between several religious/spiritual figures that pre-date Christ.
In fact the Christ myth is probably just a continuation of many earlier figures and the story of his birth and death etc is basically is almost identical to some of these others.

I might also mention that its quite possible Jesus travelled through india, and quite possibly learned a lot from the religious teachers of that area.

Well maybe he did and yes, I've heard that "Theory" myself....

But as there is no evidence for Jesus and no proof that he even existed, I think we have to take his life and stories with a pinch of salt... not the meaning... nothing wrong with teaching positivity and love, but the question of whether he existed or not is pointless, there's no evidence at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

im sure many would argue that point... Die hard Christians have plenty of different ways to prove he existed according to them at least.

Personally i don't care, i just believe in the message this character taught...

Why he didn't write anything himself? I don't know...

I also believe many of his teachings (like meditation) were covered up, or even removed from the texts we have by the early church "fathers" as well... Though again, this isn't about him existing or not... Its about the message that he apparently taught...

the truth within what he taught is undeniable

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I also believe many of his teachings (like meditation) were covered up, or even removed from the texts we have by the early church "fathers" as well... Though again, this isn't about him existing or not... Its about the message that he apparently taught...

the truth within what he taught is undeniable

I agree many of the teachings of peace - positiveness - and meditation have been discouraged/covered up - - etc. No matter where they came from.

You can't control happy people.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

After becoming interested and reading everything about homosexuality for 20+ years - - - I no longer care what someone like you believes.

The homosexuals I worked with were all Christian. The idea that they should deny themselves the same life and opportunities as heterosexuals is not only ludicrous but insulting.

You still believe the prostitute story? Really?

do i really have to explain what is in front of your eyes? you claim my opinion is not valid because
a. your condescending tone in asking me if i still believe in the Mary Magdalene being a prostitute
b. stating you no longer care what someone like me believes
quick question: who am i like? you don't know me and you act as if u do
c. your saying my opinion is ludicrous and insulting because i am saying if a homosexual really loves God as they claim they do, they would give up their homosexual ways. is it not hypocritical for the homosexual self proclaimed christian does what is against what his faith tells him? that's like Hitler being a Jew and saying Jews are the problems of the world.... wait a minute, bad example in history... true believers should not commit fornication in any way as it is stated in the bible...

edit on 25-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

God has standards. & Yes, through the Bible He does speak to man. If God says he left instructions, & no higher authority has said that he didn't, it is the wise person that believes him, & learns for himself if it makes sense or not. If you are not looking for sense, you won't read the Bible, or believe that God would leave instructions for our well-being. God is not a liar, nor is he ignorant. We are not perfect, & He doesn't expect us to be, but He has made his view of homosexuality known. We may feel that way, but should we indulge ourselves to it? If you choose to ignore what he says because it doesn't 'fit in' with how you want to live, or you have been led to ignore the manual he directed because men wrote it, then that's a choice you can make. It doesn't make it right. he could have had angels write the bible, but it was a book for men, so God had men write it. & Man by himself could never have the imagination to come up with the Bible. If people can't believe the 1st line, 'In the beginning was the Word, & the word was with God, then the rest of the Bible is lost to them...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
c. your saying my opinion is ludicrous and insulting because i am saying if a homosexual really loves God as they claim they do, they would give up their homosexual ways. is it not hypocritical for the homosexual self proclaimed christian does what is against what his faith tells him?

If God really loves us as He claims he does, He would either not have made us gay in the first place or understand that it is not as simple as "switching off" the gay.

It is ludicrous that a loving and all knowing deity would expect us to repress our desires (which causes more psychological damage btw) and suffer our entire lives alone in the hopes that we will be reincarnated as proper perfect little automatons after judgement.

Is it not hypocritical for a religion that preaches love and forgiveness to express hate and intolerance towards people under any circumstances?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't care dudes, be gay. Were all going to be held accountable for what we've done in this life. No one is going to be held accountable for what someone else does. I'm not going to be held responsible for what other people do, so it's none of my business.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I agree completely! God made gay people, too. They're no different from straight people. ...always reminds me of Lady Gaga's song 'Born This Way' - "There's nothing wrong with loving who you are 'cause He made you perfect babe"

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I do not think so ,sending us to this world in form of human species is a gift from God .But here how we live and behave is our prerogative towards life .

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join