It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by davethebear
I don't think that they are rotor kites

They are, unequivocally without a doubt. My post on the last page shows exactly what they are, who invented them, and when:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, thanks for that...........I have read your post and all the other posts. I read all posts before I add anything myself to try and not duplicate what another person has written, as we all know it gets a bit boring when people don't bother to read other people's quotes before adding their own analysis.

Even though that you feel that you have solved the mystery at the football game, I respect that, but I am still not too sure of your findings, so I still have an open mind, the way that I do on all the posts that are added to ATS. So it would be nice if you could respect my views also........

Cheers

Exactly! This is a matter of perspective. And you can't force a person to change their mind to agree with you.

You know there is one thing I have not done yet. Watch this on my 60 something inch TV. The second video I got is nearly twice the disc space as the first. And is 2 discs. There could also be more to be seen. Maybe not.

Like I mentioned earlier, there was a comment made at the beginning of the game. "Think a Blimp, and that's all it is, Think!". Now how would they get off comparing a small kite to a blimp? If he was even talking about this. Dunno, I am not certain. But it was that comment in a tiny clip I found that made me seek the video.

edit on 2-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
In my opinion, they look too far up in the sky to be kites. But its hard to tell considering I dont know where the cameras were that filmed it and how far they were from the stadium.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by elouina

I LOVE posts like this!!! It's a UFO video that I have never seen before....also it's one that comes from a time well before computer animation made such hoaxes quite easy to perform......

Unfortunately, I think I've debunked it.....or at least I have a pretty good Idea of what these things are. I think they are rotor kites. Such Kites have been around for a while. Take a look at this link and tell me if this isn't the likely culprit.

no way nice try..in your video
you can clearly see its a kite and the top of the line TV camera would have shown it to clearly be a kite also..and it didnt
looks metalic in the ops video,dont get me wrong its close ,but not a match only close enough for debunkers to point and say ...you get my point
this is one of the best UfO posts I have ever seen on hear ...thanks op
edit on 2-6-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Brilliant, I definitely appreciate your hard work
. I disagree with a few posts about the "Rotor UFO" comparison. Those are kites, based on the height of the "Rotor UFO" and the height of the stadium... how long would the kite string have to be for it to be in that position... and/or how far away would the person flying the kite have to be from the stadium... and what tensile type strength would that "kite string" have to be... I think I smell a troll..... hmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Didn't realise there were so many kite enthusiasts around.
What would be really great is if a Pittsburgh kite enthusiast who has one of these U.F.O/Rotor kites could go to the stadium and fly their baby outside the stadium, get a friend to video it from the media/commentary area or similiar spot to where the camera is in the O.Ps video and then we can have at least something to guarantee a match.

Would take about an hour of someones time, tops.

S&F to the O.P for bringing it to our attention and going to so much trouble to share it with us, no matter what it turns out to be.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I believe in the clip you posted here, I think he says "Steelers fake a blitz, and that's all it is, a fake"
Great OP, good stuff in here overall.. S and F

edit on 2-6-2011 by metalface because: misspelling

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Show me a video of those spinning types of kites in a stunt formation, I might follow your argument, but until then, showing a completely different style of kite doesn't support your argument.

Now what?

Still waiting on you to tell us why it is impossible for these kites to fly near each other.

LOL those are STILL PHOTOS - I asked for video of 2 rotor kites flying IN FORMATION.

NOBODY can provide video of rotor kites flying IN FORMATION because it's IMPOSSIBLE.

The 2 objects flying in the 1978 NFL video are flying IN FORMATION, they aren't bobbing and weaving closer and further apart from each other. Rotor kites have NO CONTROL mechanism for the person holding the string. They move through the hair at random.

I ask for video, you provide photos stills of 2 rotor kites next to each other. LOL - pathetic. You have proven NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalface
reply to post by elouina

I believe in the clip you posted here, I think he says "Steelers fake a blitz, and that's all it is, a fake"
Great OP, good stuff in here overall.. S and F

edit on 2-6-2011 by metalface because: misspelling

You could be right.
I don't know football lingo. In fact watching any parts of this game is grueling for me. Shhh... Pittsburghers can't talk like that.
Well at least it got me looking around more. And I did make the "blimp comment" video unlisted.

One more thing... Does anyone know how to edit DVD files without conversion? Or maybe just take stills? Any help please? I am seeing something very unusual on my big TV when I advance it one still at a time. With the rounder appearing item. Very odd... hmmm..... I don't want to say what I am seeing. No one would believe me. And what if I am wrong?

Oh and the roto appearing item on the right looks solid. I took some pics with my camera. Oh gosh am I bad with video stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I think, she has every right to be proud, because she DID some hard work to present those videos to us. And we have every reason to appreciate her efforts keeping in mind the uncountable amount of videos that have flooded this forum, which are either all too known hoaxes or the 10.000th blurry video of lights in the sky, that already got explained 9.999 times.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Hm, as I've written several times before: The proven truths of the debunkers would taste a lot better, if they weren't served with such an arrogance.

Don't just deny ignorance.

Also deny

...arrogance...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Here is a camera pic that I took of my TV screen. Like I said, they look very different from the original DVD and on a big screen. This is of the right one. The left I want to get a better way of catching something odd.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
The 2 objects flying in the 1978 NFL video are flying IN FORMATION, they aren't bobbing and weaving closer and further apart from each other. Rotor kites have NO CONTROL mechanism for the person holding the string. They move through the hair at random.

And your evidence for this is what? Earlier, you claimed I was not being honest, yet here you are making things up in order to mystery monger. So, why don't you produce a video showing that it is impossible for these kites to fly "at random"? Show us you are not talking out of your ass.
edit on 2-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
Hm, as I've written several times before: The proven truths of the debunkers would taste a lot better, if they weren't served with such an arrogance.

As I've written several times before: If you can't handle a little arrogance, then stop being ignorant. If your going to be dumb, you got to be tough.

When multiple people make a completely ridiculous and ignorant statement such as "we cant see the strings so it must not be a kite", you better be prepared for criticism which can be perceived as arrogance.

If you denied ignorance like you are supposed to then you wouldn't see any arrogance.
edit on 2-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

The question was not about you being right in your oppinion. It was much more about the way you expressed it. You can express criticism and still be respectful to your opponents. Or you can affront them, but I'd say the chances that your truth will be accepted by others are higher, when you're respectful to them.

But nevermind, it's all just about perception (our ability to distinguish between an UFO and a kite, or our ability to imagine, how our behavior may affect others), isn't it?

And sometimes, as we all know, perception can be biased.

edit on 2/6/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Its not just his opinion. Myself and others have stated this as well. They are kites. We know you want to believe, we all do. I would love to see an ACTUAL alien craft. But these arent that craft.

DENY IGNORANCE

This site just keeps going down hill. Mods, hasnt this been debunked? Time to close it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
just a couple of baloons some kid let go. no big deal.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Okay, I think these are probably rotor kites...

BUT on the 4th clip posted by the OP, which is shown in slo-mo, several items seem to pop in and out of the frame. If you start and pause the video real quick, you can see objects that seem to be moving thru the frames at a VERY high rate of speed.

Anybody else seeing this?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kaabe41

When I was a teenager, I had a homemade kite that I flew with over a 1/2 mile of twine. However, it was a standard kite shape and was almost 6 feet tall, not counting the tail. It also required a stiff breeze and the nylon twine had to be tied on at just the right spot to generate enough lift to compensate for the string weight; and for some reason, as I recall, the wind had to be coming directly out of the south to let it all the way out...not sure why that was the case...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Because there's no string?!?! That's why you think it's not debunked? You do realize that sometimes you can see a string, and sometimes you cant....it's all up to the lighting, camera quality and distance....Check out this video...you can't see the strings in a lot of these images...even though the camera appears to be good quality.

PS..what does the fact that it looks 'metallic' have to do with it? That's just the material it's made out of...many balloons look metallic too! It's just metallic cloth/paper material....nothing odd or special about that.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Wow, "Argyll" is a word you dont see very often. 20 years ago, there was only one high school in the U.S. that used Argylls as their team name. The Madison-Grant Argylls, in Grant County, Indiana, I believe...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join