It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by elouina

Hey that is awesome. It looks looks a 3/4 sphere, with another smaller sphere inside from that.

Could that be a kite?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Awesome footage! good read also S+F for you.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I was hoping you were gonna put this up too. (i noticed it on the other site) If this is from the same video? Then IMO no, not one of the kites discussed. Beats the hell outta me, but then I'm not on here to talk about kite flying but UFOs. I thought that's why we come on this site.
Great thread!
edit on 3-6-2011 by Goosegash because: spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goosegash
reply to post by elouina

I was hoping you were gonna put this up too. (i noticed it on the other site) If this is from the same video? Then IMO no, not one of the kites discussed. Beats the hell outta me, but then I'm not on here to talk about kite flying but UFOs. I thought that's why we come on this site.
Great thread!
edit on 3-6-2011 by Goosegash because: spelling

Yes, it is from the same video. I am desperate for some good discussion. This is for me, not stars and flags. This pic bugs me somewhat. Tell me, am I seeing "faces" in the clouds?

Oh and I saw more. That shooting thing that folks noticed flying accross the screen happened right around when this "thing" appeared to open up. It flared up too. Nah... couldn't have, just coincidence

Oh and the right one has a serpentine like "s" shape wrapped around one side that reaches around it somewhat..

I admit maybe I made a mistake agreeing with the masses about the kite just yet. I was using my computer videos out of convenience. This TV stuff is a little freaky. Tomorrow after work, I will take a bunch of stills with my flip cam and edit them together. Groan... I am soo not good at this video stuff.
edit on 3-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

edit on 3-6-2011 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lover088

I don't see any relevance to this incident my friend. Have you got the right thread?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
But what about the video posted 2 posts above yours? What is this? Please debunk away! I need it!

well if I'm absolutely forced into an opinion - I'd say it looks a lot like your avatar !! go kitty!!!! jk ;D

seriously, this is one of the better UFO sightings I've seen - nearly every video I look for I can immediately say "balloon", "airplane", "meteor", and often I just say "could be anything" and head for the next video

THIS kind of footage is exactly what I want to see - something not easily, or obviously, written off

I do understand where the "rotor kite" theory comes from but as I said - I don't think it looks anything like the kite vids given for comparison - again, to me, it is genuinely unidentified - it can't be just anything when its obviously something ... you know what I mean :X

If we do go with the Rotor Kite theory, then we could say that where you paused it, its just a blurred image of the kite in motion.... but I still don't think it looks like one, at all, even animated. To me, its just too.... sparkly and uniform and I don't know, high in the sky .... someone might (and did) say yeah, a bunch of kids with a really long string was out flying a kite ...but then I would say, to what point and purpose - and did they sell rotor kites in material with so many shiny colors like that? in the 70s? or did the kids decide for no reason to change the material? did they make it themselves? was it their intent to "hoax" something? if it was, why didn't they ever claim it? obviously enough people saw it at the time to question these things right?

if it was my kite, I'd be all up in that - get myself on the news!!!

to call it a kite at this point seems like too easy an answer - I don't care how sharp your razor is

I won't call it an "alien ship" or even necessarily something in the same vicinity as a "manned vehicle" of any sort - but to me its obviously not a kite - I have to imagine there is a more likely explanation - but I'm not smart enough to come up with it ♥

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Very cool. I'd watch the whole game just for the commercials. Those are probably rotor kites, but I've never seen or flown one. Those things are spinning fast! I love this kind of stuff. Not sure if they are of alien origin or any kind of aircraft, but it's definitely a sighting of the weird!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well I can't claim to be an expert on kites, that is for sure. It doesn't look like any kite I have seen before, I have seen a funky kite or two, lots do fly them at the ocean here in the summer.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
One of the best UFO vids I've seen! The fact that the commentators seem preoccupied with it as well rules out birds/kites etc.. The movement of them is bizaare.

Great find! S&F for you!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

Yes it is. I have several single and dual line and quad line kites that that would be more then enough wind for.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Are there any experts on late 1970s-era professional video equipment who can tell us whether or not this could be some sort of video artifact, or maybe a "default video image" that the video software of that era perhaps used? I find it telling that the picture goes funny for a split-second in the transition to the objects in question, as if it is a video issue.

Having said that, I think there are many people out there who would agree with me that another important aspect of that video we are discussing here is that the Steelers beat the Cowboys.

edit on 6/3/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
This is with my flip cam from my 60" TV screen. This is one of those moments I could use a good opinion.

edit on 3-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

I am still waiting for some extra attention to this still image video. Is it getting lost in this long thread? This is the object on the left. And appears to be the clearest of any shots. And thanx to those that did give their opinions.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
this is very interesting.. especially since it was caught by a camera on national tv. good work! for people who say its a bird.. buy glasses or a better computer screen!.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ok this is the last I want to mess with these videos. Here are some Flip cam video stills from my 60" TV. I picked out the 11 best shots. What amazed me is that many of these shots repeated themselves in much later frames. Even with that odd view of the left one that I posted earlier. I kept each video seperate since anytime I mess with something in Windows Movie Maker, it trashes the quality somewhat. Fingers crossed, I may have found someone local who can examine the video better than I.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Gyro kites, had me pretty intrigued though.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
In consideration of all the posts in this thread - cause I read them all - can someone suggest something OTHER THAN kites? I'm just not buying the kite theory, its too easy, everyone is just auto-kiting this. If it was kites, did anyone bring that up at the time? Can anyone find anymore information about this at all? It was obviously witnessed by a lot of people.... where are they?

And maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is kites, I just can't see it - maybe someone can find a kite that looks more like that? the video examples posted here don't seem to look like it - and nothing I found googling looks like it....

Consider me a blind believer who wants to convince others, but I need evidence, and I need this particular piece of evidence debunked more seriously - I watch tons of UFO wannabe video's, and as I said before, pretty much every single one of them I debunk in the first 5 seconds - so what am I missing here? Why is this not immediately a kite to me?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Consider me a blind believer who wants to convince others, but I need evidence, and I need this particular piece of evidence debunked more seriously - I watch tons of UFO wannabe video's, and as I said before, pretty much every single one of them I debunk in the first 5 seconds - so what am I missing here? Why is this not immediately a kite to me?

These stills are decent enough for some discussion. Yes I would like to see more critical thinking here also. Everyone... Kite folks and UFO folks both... Lets hear what you have to say about particular stills.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Birds flying.. can see the wings flapping, although video distortion makes them look like a ball of light.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I watched this video the night the thread was posted and I didnt know what they could have been, then I was thinking about it yesterday and it registered, they're kites! so I logged in tonight and everyones saying the same thing,

to me they're kites, they dont move around or distance themselves from eachother which shows they could be on a string, they're at an angle the thread would be if it were a normal kite flying too, and about the wind speed, its a different speed on the ground than in the sky, and they are pretty high up,

the chinese have crazy designs for kites that are hundreds of years old and they didnt have patents, they can be all kinds of shapes and some half a mile long (exagerating) they used them to get stuff over the great wall of china,

I'd say someones been to china, seen the design, made one out of straws and tin foil and because it was a football game day decided to fly them to get people talking haha and because of the 1970's rubbishy tv camera the reflections from the sun are flashing the camera and appearing to be all the colours of the rainbow

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join