It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Nar, dont think its Rotor Kites, for 1 I think there way to high up to be any type of kite, being that high up you would notice the kites would be alot less stable because higher wind, you can see the clouds moving quite fast in the backround yet the kites are completely still.

2nd... A little piece of advice, just because you found an object on earth with a SIMILAR movement to the UFO's in the video does not ever mean that it 100% solves a case. If i have film of a type of animal that has 4 legs and im trying to figure out just what the heck it is, you cant just post a video of a dog and say... "look both have 4 legs therefor they both must be dogs".

Look outside the box.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Hey Einstein

Why the hostility?

I was keeping it short and to the point, but since you aren't keeping it "honest'

How am I not being honest?

And again, why the hostility?

The alleged "KITES" are supposedly SPINNING KITES.

You showed us STUNT KITES.

Apples, meet Oranges.

Show me a video of those spinning types of kites in a stunt formation, I might follow your argument, but until then, showing a completely different style of kite doesn't support your argument.

Can you tell us why it would matter, why you are not simply making a distinction that has no difference in order to mystery-monger? Can you tell us why it is impossible for spinning kites to move next to each other; that is basically your argument, that it is impossible for them to move next to each other. So tell us why it is supposedly impossible.

edit on 1-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Where is it shown that these are that high?

But as far as pull, a small spinning single line kite wouldnt pull much. Most of the small single line kites come with 200-400 feet of 20lb line.
edit on 1-6-2011 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Good job!

Did you ever determine why nobody wanted to talk about it?

Back in the 70's talking about UFO's was very Taboo. And public use of the internet and easy access to a camera just wasn't there. Otherwise folks wouldn't have been left in the dark for decades. Over what could possibly be kites or weather balloons. I am still undecided. The main thing holding me back, is wouldn't the announcers have known if they were kites? And what about the camera man? He shot those things 3 different times. And even zoomed in.

Oh and they left and came back. Which is evidenced by the comment. "I hope we get to see them again" Where did they go? Was it up above the clouds?
edit on 1-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I see you worked on this-before coming/joining ATS. Interesting. Didn't it take well at the other site (Disclose TV)?

Link: www.disclose.tv...

When did you learn of ATS?

I don't know. Something doesn't smell right.

What do you think the problem is? His thread at the other site is dated today, and he joined ATS on February 11 of this year. Is it against the ToS to cross-post to another site? Seems like you think that he posted that thread over there a long time before he joined here for some reason, but as far as I can see that's not the case. I think you're looking at his join date on the other forum, mistaking it for the date he posted that over there.

As to the topic, looks like a kite or streamer to me. I guess it's neat to hear the announcer's reactions to seeing an unidentified flying object though.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I just watched the first video again. Im not even sure the announcers are talking about the objects. If they were really that strange to them I think they would have said more. Its almost like someone added 2 secs of footage but left the audio track the same that first time. And at the end (just before the pot church story) they dissappear pretty quickly.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You must live next to a nuclear power plant or directly under high powered electrical lines or something...

That video you posted was of a string that was right next to the camera. The string was larger than 1 pixel so it was visible.

I am telling you that the string on the kite in the OP's video was TOO FAR, and it was LESS THAN 1 PIXEL in width so it is not visible...

Even then, in most of the video you posted the string is not visible. It is only visible when the string is a few feet from the camera.... Are you joking? Are you trolling? What is wrong with you?

edit on 1-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
I just watched the first video again. Im not even sure the announcers are talking about the objects. If they were really that strange to them I think they would have said more. Its almost like someone added 2 secs of footage but left the audio track the same that first time. And at the end (just before the pot church story) they dissappear pretty quickly.

It took me 2 weeks to figure out how to convert the first video to .avi. (Without buying software. Since I normally have no use for video conversion software.) And when I went to convert the second video last night, I forgot how. And had to figure it out again.
I don't think I could master over dubbing in that short of time.
Anyways, I have 2 purchased videos. You are welcome to go out and buy your own too.
edit on 1-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
We're talking 1500 to 3000 ft. high.

Don't pretend to know how high the objects were in the OP's video...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I said it seemed like. If it is overdubbed, its not that well done.

They are kites guys. And we have no idea how high they are.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Originally posted by NightFlight
We're talking 1500 to 3000 ft. high.

Don't pretend to know how high the objects were in the OP's video...

Other than ripping me a new one, you haven't given the first hypothesis to anything the OP has posted. At least I have been nice so far. BTW, glowing in the dark has its advantages

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This might be of interest...

kitelife.com...

They actually had UFO-kites back then. How about that? (So yes, it is a UFO sighting in a way. As that was the name for that particular design of rotor/spinner/flipper-kite.)

I also quickly found a pic with "UFO kite 1979" being searched on google. But given the recent upload date it could just be somebody Photoshop-trolling (or at least getting free-views from) those who have read this thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sam "da vinci's" UFO kite. Developed in the late 70's.
They can still be found today.

edit on 1-6-2011 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok, so after giving it some thought this is what I have came up with. It is possible that these are some type of kite system that is tethered to a plane or dirigible being pulled in tow. These could also be kites tethered from the ground but the size and distance in the video makes them appear to be too high up for them to be tethered to the ground. Based on the video and zero eyewitness statements other than the commentator's, I cannot without a doubt say that these are kites.

Take special note on the direction of the spin of the two objects. They could be tethered to each other on their axis but it would not explain how one twists at one angle and the other twists with a different angle.

Look at this kite. See how it behaves then compare it with the original video.

Also check this out. When I google search "1979 pittsburgh ufo" I find something odd about my results.
Search Results

All I find is Internet pollution of this subject...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Good find, but just because there wasn't a patent for something doesn't mean they did not exist prior to the filing..

During the 1950s, rotor kites were developed as recreational aircraft, largely due to the efforts of Dr. Igor Bensen in the United States, whose Bensen Aircraft Corporation produced a series of such aircraft, dubbed "gyrogliders" by Bensen. These were marketed as plans or kits for building at home, beginning with the B-5 and culminating in the definitive B-8 by the end of the decade. The Bensen designs became so ubiquitous that the term "gyroglider" is sometimes used to refer to any rotor kite, regardless of manufacturer. In the 1960s, a B-8 gyroglider was evaluated by the United States Air Force as a "Discretionary Descent Vehicle", to provide a more controllable alternative than a parachute for a pilot ejecting from a stricken aircraft.

Yes my source is Wikipedia.

Well, I could be wrong the kits as I now see look like gyrocopters. Pardon my mistake

edit on 1-6-2011 by joshnichols189 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 412304
reply to post by Nomad451

2nd... A little piece of advice, just because you found an object on earth with a SIMILAR movement to the UFO's in the video does not ever mean that it 100% solves a case. If i have film of a type of animal that has 4 legs and im trying to figure out just what the heck it is, you cant just post a video of a dog and say... "look both have 4 legs therefor they both must be dogs".

Look outside the box.

You have a very good point.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I found this to be pretty odd. Notice at exactly 9 seconds in this video, a third object appears to zip across the sky just to the left of the first UFO/Kite.

Meh. I fail at embed. Here's link.

Watch at 9 seconds.

Could just be the camera. Looked like something else at first. You be the judge.
edit on 1-6-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
gyroscopic antigravity drones, produced by the US military in the early 60's (was there any VIPs from washington there?)or a genuine craft from another place. Either way very interesting post and nice video footage, Great find OP!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is truly amazing! I mean how did people watch football without the first down yellow lines or box scores in the top corner of the screen?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

You must live next to a nuclear power plant or directly under high powered electrical lines or something...

That video you posted was of a string that was right next to the camera. The string was larger than 1 pixel so it was visible.

I am telling you that the string on the kite in the OP's video was TOO FAR, and it was LESS THAN 1 PIXEL in width so it is not visible...

Even then, in most of the video you posted the string is not visible. It is only visible when the string is a few feet from the camera.... Are you joking? Are you trolling? What is wrong with you?

edit on 1-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Hey, one thing you can do that would be of tremendous help would be to can the hateful attitude. You aren't impressing anyone with your pomp and circumstance. You're only making yourself look like a major ass. There's a productive way to get your point across. Maybe you need to learn something about etiquette and the ATS ToS.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join