It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Originally posted by WingedBull

Show me a video of those spinning types of kites in a stunt formation, I might follow your argument, but until then, showing a completely different style of kite doesn't support your argument.

Now what?

Still waiting on you to tell us why it is impossible for these kites to fly near each other.

LOL those are STILL PHOTOS - I asked for video of 2 rotor kites flying IN FORMATION.

NOBODY can provide video of rotor kites flying IN FORMATION because it's IMPOSSIBLE.

The 2 objects flying in the 1978 NFL video are flying IN FORMATION, they aren't bobbing and weaving closer and further apart from each other. Rotor kites have NO CONTROL mechanism for the person holding the string. They move through the hair at random.

I ask for video, you provide photos stills of 2 rotor kites next to each other. LOL - pathetic. You have proven NOTHING.

Actually rotor kites don't usually bob around at all....You see that's the whole point in having the rotor...the wind lessens the kinetic energy by transfering it to spinning motion (which itself makes the whole thing more stable, like a gyroscope). The only thing you'd need to have two rotor kites in 'formation' is to simply have two rotor kites!

Then again it's not that hard to get regular kites to fly in formation....here's a video showing all kinds of kites...many are flying 'in formation' as you put it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Bob Pratt reported the March 1 1978 giant UFO incident at Three Rivers Stadium that probably gave rise to the stories that OP remembered:

www.mufon.com...

The vids OP innocently posted on this thread may have bee part of a disinformation effort. The aim may have been to trivialise a classic, well-investigated multiple witness UFO incident.

The vids certainly seem to have confused several posters on this thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
They're fakes. A friend of mine personally witnessed a UFO in Vancouver one night and as 'real' as they seem
they're not real. Nothing is. Everything is Energy for one thing and Energy is as real as a cartoon is to an adult. Tricks and Magic are Illusions by those who wish to Control Stupid People, and unfortunately, it appears to be working...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

The 2 objects flying in the 1978 NFL video are flying IN FORMATION, they aren't bobbing and weaving closer and further apart from each other. Rotor kites have NO CONTROL mechanism for the person holding the string. They move through the hair at random.

And your evidence for this is what? Earlier, you claimed I was not being honest, yet here you are making things up in order to mystery monger. So, why don't you produce a video showing that it is impossible for these kites to fly "at random"? Show us you are not talking out of your ass.
edit on 2-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

Nice try W.Bull, but no cigar.

vimeo.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

I ask for video, you provide photos stills of 2 rotor kites next to each other. LOL - pathetic. You have proven NOTHING.

Actually rotor kites don't usually bob around at all....You see that's the whole point in having the rotor...the wind lessens the kinetic energy by transfering it to spinning motion (which itself makes the whole thing more stable, like a gyroscope). The only thing you'd need to have two rotor kites in 'formation' is to simply have two rotor kites!

Then again it's not that hard to get regular kites to fly in formation....here's a video showing all kinds of kites...many are flying 'in formation' as you put it.

OMG - are you guys for real? Those kites in that video you posted are NOT THE SAME kites as the ones that we are talking about. Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and pay attention to the discussion before just haphazardly jumping in and posting random videos.

You are really quite embarrassing.

edit on 2-6-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When I saw this my first thought was that it is something explainable, the objects looked too light and wind driven.

I feel the kite theory debunks pretty good - thanks a lot for taking the time to put together the vids though, was an interesting diversion!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks you very much for Posting this..... I can only say this,: If I was the person behind the camera I would left the camera on the UFO for as long as possible....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

OMG - are you guys for real? Those kites in that video you posted are NOT THE SAME kites as the ones that we are talking about. Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and pay attention to the discussion before just haphazardly jumping in and posting random videos.

Reading comprehension fail... lol. They showed you that video to prove to you that normal kites can be flown in formation.

By the way, the objects in the OP's videos ARE NOT FLYING IN FORMATION. If you watch the video that zooms in on the objects from far away you will see that the objects are moving independently from each other, not in formation.

Even then, if two people were flying two uncontrollable kites at the same altitude they would both be subject to the same wind currents, and they would move together and appear to be in formation.

Also, roto kites or gyro kites can be tied together in chains and you can fly two at the same time with one string.

Your argument about "formations" does NOT hold water, sorry. Your observation of them being in formation is also completely flawed.
edit on 2-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Yeah you missed my entire point didn't you? I wasn't trying to show the same kite...normal kites are much HARDER to fly in formation...they bob around. Rotor kites are designed NOT to do that.....Tha'ts sort of the whole point of HAVING A FREAKIN' ROTOR!!!!

My point was to show you that EVEN NORMAL KITES can fly in formation.....You did catch the line I wrote that said "Then again it's not that hard to get regular kites to fly in formation.." Didn't you?!?!?!?
(facepalm).......WOW.....try reading my post before responding next time......K?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Here you go, two kites on one string...

Now you can stop all this nonsense about "formation flying".

Just google "kite stack".

Here is a video of some stacked kites:

Maybe the kites in the OP's video were stacked together on one string.
edit on 2-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No, whats embarrassing is what ATS has become over the past year or two. Its not just just this thread, everywhere on the site are people just not wanting to believe the truth. They want so badly for things be be what they want they ignore the facts or evidence that right in front of them.
edit on 2-6-2011 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

You haven't proven anything. All you did was show us a child flying a single kite.

And you still haven't told us how two objects flying nearby each other equates to formation. Or anything else that indicates these objects are in a formation and not simply near each other.

edit on 2-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

There are some observations we can make that go against the "spinning kite" theory:

1. The 2 separate objects are moving through the sky in formation
  2. If it were 2 spinning kites, they wouldn't "fly together" in formation
  3. The video is good quality - there are NO KITE STRINGS to be seen
  4. The photos and videos of example spinning kites all have clearly visible kite strings

Very good rundown of the facts! Let's not forget that the types of kites that could have caused this sighting were not patented until 1997. For anyone who thinks these are kites, please go fly two kites side by side and watch their behavior. They will sway apart from each other and may even tangle if they get this close.

I doubt these are kites unless they are somehow tethered to each other. I wish we had some more eye witness testimony from someone who was there. It should not be too hard to find more info on this, maybe some old local newspapers covered it?

Few of you are assuming patent date is equivalent to invention date. Check out this discussion board, the very first post with the diagram photo attached. People have been inventing their own kite designs for hundreds of years. Because someone decided to patent the design doesn't mean that said design didn't exist before then.

I applaud the OP for his dedication and presenting this to us all, and has my admiration for that. The reason it wasn't all that big a deal with pics/ etc from the game is that a lot of people knew what they were. I am sure they are man made rotating kites. The simplest explanation....
rotor kite "40 years ago"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Very good find! This has to be what we see in the video.

EDIT - Something that is still on my mind is how these kites in the OP video seem to be sitting perfectly still instead of swaying like the kites do in some of the other posted videos.
edit on 2-6-2011 by BIGPoJo because: More thoughts.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Has anyone brought up the point that you need to run with a kite to get it into the air? I dunno about you but i didnt see much running room in that place. Props to anyone who can fly a kite higher then an arena.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

...and that post got a star?

Sorry, if there is a strong wind you don't need to run at all. How do you not know this???

Also, kites can easily fly higher than a stadium...

I can't help but think you are desperately grasping at counter arguments to the kite explanation even if it means suggesting something completely illogical.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoachSlamYou
Has anyone brought up the point that you need to run with a kite to get it into the air? I dunno about you but i didnt see much running room in that place. Props to anyone who can fly a kite higher then an arena.

Seriously? People, if you know nothing about kites please refrain from posting about them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

LOL those are STILL PHOTOS - I asked for video of 2 rotor kites flying IN FORMATION.

NOBODY can provide video of rotor kites flying IN FORMATION because it's IMPOSSIBLE.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.almanac.com...

OO so sorry for not being a kite expert but is 11.16 mph a high enough wind speed to simply throw a rotor kite in the sky from sitting in your seat?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join