It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster
reply to post by CobraCommander

Articles like this bother me. The man has no problem putting his penis in the womans vagina, knowing the consequences of his actions. The child isnt asking to be born. Only because the man chooses to be a coward and run away the child has to suffer? What im basically saying is TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. The woman didnt get herself pregnant....

The woman let him put his unprotected penis in her vagina to start with. Knowing full well that she was not using her own BC, and likely knowing that she was ovulating,

There is no "coward" running away. There is a man who never promised to "be there" to begin with. There is only a woman who made a series of poor choices and is unable to take responsibility for her own choices. THAT is the root of the child's suffering.

Take responsibility for your own actions indeed. It's high time a lot of women woke up to that reality.

And yes, the woman did get herself pregnant, as much as someone who lets too much liquor into their body got themselves drunk.

Oh and if the woman doesnt feel like she can take of a child a man has no right to tell her to keep the child. In the long run she might abuse the child, abandon the child ,etc so many things could go wrong with an unwanted child. A single mother goes thru hell just because the father refuses to help. I mean if you dont want a part of being a family then fine, bur at least help to ensure your flesh and blood has the necesities in life to survive. (food, clothes etc).

And if a man doesn't feel like he can take care of a child? A man who might in the long run abandon or abuse a child? Why doesn't he have the right to say "the world does not need another unwanted child!"

A woman does not go through hell because the father refuses to help. The woman goes through hell becasue of her OWN poor choices.

It is not the father's "flesh and blood" if he has no rights or say over it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234

Originally posted by arriana
I I had seen this thread before I joined ATS I would never have joined. The mindset of many of the men here is truly disturbing.

I agree this thread disgusts me... I don't know if it's a cultural thing (American), a men thing or men like this are drawn to this website; but I'm really disgusted right now.

Have you ever seen what abortion looks like?
This is an 8 week old fetus
8 week

8 week

Aborted Fetus
I will not post the images directly on here because the images are graphic... but a 8 week old fetus is not a bunch of cells! It has fingers, toes and eyes just like us! I'm so disgusted....
edit on 1-6-2011 by inanna1234 because: typo

The question is not whether or not abortion is moral or justified. The question is, why is it only legal for women to abort a fetus when it is the man who has to pay for the children?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Originally posted by Aeons
This is pretty simple.

BECAUSE MEN DON'T OWN ANOTHER HUMAN'S UTERUS.

How this is less than clear to so many people only goes to show you how many guys secretly really believe that they own the women they screw. Inside and out.

And women don't own other people's wallets.
What does another persons wallet have to do with a man having sex and he cannot afford a baby? That scenerio is 100 percent the male's responsibility, his wallet, his responsibility. Only a foolish man goes into a sexual situation thinking he has no responsibility for all the potential outcomes of the coupling.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The blog is using the underlying news article as basis for male reproductive rights, and I generally agree with the assessment.

Obviously, assaulting a woman, pregnant or not, is wrong and I mostly won't say otherwise (barring self defense).

That being said, I've been a male reproductive rights advocate for many years and it is as hard a position to hold in polite company as you can find. Post conception, the woman has all the rights until birth.

4 scenarios to explain the post-conception situation:

1) The woman wants the baby/the male wants the baby - No problem.

2) The woman wants the baby/the male does not - Problem. The male is probably going to be put into the child support system (which isn't fun or nice at all) for 18 years.

3) The woman doesn't want the baby/the male doesn't want the baby - No problem

4) The woman does not want the baby/the male does - The male loses and could very well consider it the death of his child.

In 50% of the situations, the man is forced one way or the other with, literally, no legal recourse that I am aware of. I believe there needs to be a serious and mature discussion about the balance in reproductive rights between the two sexes.

I believe very strongly in women's rights, but that is not to say that they trump or should violate a man's rights (equally important in a mature and just society). This is a difficult subject to discuss because there are many people who simply can not have a post-conception discussion.

Peace
KJ

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Huh? No...anyway, I think it's acceptable for some men to be "against" women in this situation.
I bet a lot of guys are stuck with a child that they have to pay for that they didn't want and the choice to keep it was made only by the women.

I think men should have the right to just say no to a baby and if the women wants to keep it, well she is on her own.
Men have to do their part in contraception if they do not want a baby, but in the end, the women has a lot more options and is the main bearer of her decisions.
Stuck? Those men were not coerced intosex, they know the potential outcome of a sexual coupling. If one does not want a child one takes the proper precautions. The woman was not on her own when the baby was conceived.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I'M SORRY BUT I MUST POINT OUT WHERE YOUR WRONG ,you say she is housing the child in her body but he is funding it. Bull#!+. Why are you saying she only has it and he soley supports it. I'm sorry but all of the single mothers I know with the exception of one (I consider her a deadbeat) is a WORKING single mother. So if we are going there kiddo then she is contributing wayyyyyy more. Not only has she housed and birthed the child but now she works full time at a job and at raising his kid. So in that senario she is giving much more to that child and she deserves to have MORE say in the situation.

Get a clue ,I don't know what kind of women you people know but I don't know one woman who has a crap load of kids and sits around living on their child support. Not one!!! The tiny amount they get if ANY IS NOT ENOUGH TO CLOTH THE CHILD FOR A MONTH. A woman must have a full time job if she even gets any child support because in the reality I live in raising a child is very expensive.

People need to wake up ,these men a running from responsibility. Who is gonna believe or determine what his intention was and at what point he decided he didn't want that kid. How would anyone prove that. Oh maybe you can get the government to hire thought police to keep track of at what point a man decided he didn't want that kid. Ughhhh I'm done this whole thing is stupid and I cannot school the people who don't get it. I'm not trained in education for the challenged.

P.s. this entire thing was not aimed at you ,the person I responded to.

p.s.s. I am well aware of my misspelling and grammar mistakes, I don't care I am beyond frustrated at this thread and am responding on my cell and it hinders my perfection.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234

Not all single mothers go through hell! There are lots of single mothers who are doing just fine on their own.

Single parenthood is neither preferable, nor in the best interest of the child.

Modern feminist narcissism and the sperm bank

Now there certainly are many single parents out there who do the best they can with the cards they are dealt. Single parents who had kids that were planned, but life took some unforeseen turns. There is no denying that there are some good single mothers and fathers out there. But it is certainly not something we should be trying to say is normal, a-ok, or even preferable.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Funshinez

It's a wonder that you even survived. I would have aborted you that's for sure.
I hope your comments were tasteless jokes at best.

Men and women are equal, and together a choice must be mutual or just say eff it and abort.
Just cause people can have kids doesn't mean they should, your probably the best example

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Only a foolish man goes into a sexual situation thinking he has no responsibility for all the potential outcomes of the coupling.

That's exactly what happens if we ignore the reality of sexuality and instead kneel down under the weight of an online conspiracy forum discussion of abortion like atlas struggling with the weight of the world.

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Funshinez

It's a wonder that you even survived. I would have aborted you that's for sure.
I hope your comments were tasteless jokes at best.

Why did the chicken cross the road
edit on 1-6-2011 by Funshinez because: bitches step up to get smacked down

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHABBYCAT
I'm sorry but all of the single mothers I know with the exception of one (I consider her a deadbeat) is a WORKING single mother. So if we are going there kiddo then she is contributing wayyyyyy more. Not only has she housed and birthed the child but now she works full time at a job and at raising his kid. So in that senario she is giving much more to that child and she deserves to have MORE say in the situation.
Which was exactly my point. The guy clearly avoided all responsibilites in that situation, and as such does not deserve to have any say.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Awwh damn, he got her pregnant and wasnt ready for kids? That poor guy! Oh no!
It must be her fault. I mean, she probably forced him not to use a condom, you know how women are like that.

I must admit i do find this slightly hilarious.
Men have been forcing women to have children against their will for...well, a pretty long time. At some points in history a womans soul duty was to raise a mans children or be outcast from society. But whatever.
I have no sympathy for this guy. Firstly, he should be more careful with the type of woman he's sleeping with (In this case, a GIRL of 17 years) and secondly, either take a male contraceptive pill OR (god forbid) wear a rubber.
Hey, if you cant do nither? Maybe you shouldnt be having sex??

Male contraceptive pill? Your post is a joke.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You know this "A woman doesnt have a right to her own body" BS really pisses me off. Its like saying once you get together, she has the right to get you neuterd. Come off it guys, pregnancy is hard both emotionally and physically on a womans mind and body - If it wasnt for medical advancement it would still be immensly life-risking.
The reason men shouldnt have a say is simply that you DONT have to carry it. You DONT have to put up with what comes with being pregnant. If you dont want to be a father either dont have sex or insist on wearing protection or insis your partner is on the pill. Stop whining about rights your not entitled to.

If I am not entitled to a say in abortion, she is not entitled to a say in my wallet.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Moved post.
edit on 1-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Sounds like your sexist, what you think women should stay in the kitchen while you go out and do man stuff? Maybe I took your statement out of context, but if I didn't your nothing but a sexist pig, who should have his balls chopped off. Btw that isn't Neanderthals, ancient humans had things different, Men stayed at the cave, while women roamed around. Look it up it's on discovery, you imbecile.

You want submissive women listening to your every demand? Then go back to the 18th century you over opinionated prick.

Remember this is how understood your comment, please advise if I took it out of context

You certainly did take it out of context. It was YOU who were trying to justify your position by using a reference to Neanderthals, not me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Sorry if I misunderstood you. I am but a fool ,I allowed myself to be trolled by this thread.

But ,I think its ,Anthony??? I have to say you get my respect if what you are saying is true ,well my virtual respect. I am glad to see atleast one person get it!!!!! You will do ok kid. Morals are the key here and I'm not talking bible morals. Just human morals.

To random men.....

If you are of the belief you NEED sex and your NEED is so bad you may end up in a situation with a women you don't really know and you make her pregnant and that's NOT what you want then practice self love or buy one of those plastic dolls. I'm pretty sure humanity will not suffer for your responsibility. Nor the gene pool. Also NOONE and I mean NOONE needs sex. You CAN live without it. It's only weak minded people who believe they must have sex.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You know this "A woman doesnt have a right to her own body" BS really pisses me off. Its like saying once you get together, she has the right to get you neuterd. Come off it guys, pregnancy is hard both emotionally and physically on a womans mind and body - If it wasnt for medical advancement it would still be immensly life-risking.
The reason men shouldnt have a say is simply that you DONT have to carry it. You DONT have to put up with what comes with being pregnant. If you dont want to be a father either dont have sex or insist on wearing protection or insis your partner is on the pill. Stop whining about rights your not entitled to.

If I am not entitled to a say in abortion, she is not entitled to a say in my wallet.

So your argument is just because you can't mandate abortions with anyone you don't pull out with you get to say "Let 'em starve, i don't care, bitch should've got an abortion."

It's mind boggling.

You make light of a very serious matter.

You're a grown man who represents himself by the image of the villain from a children's cartoon.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Funshinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Because the fetus isn't his, he has no right to what goes on in the fetus.

Why is this even a discussion? Men don't have control over women, period....

...I can do this all day pal, can you?

Lol, I have no place else to be, tough girl.

If the fetus is not his, then he doesn't have to pay for it, case closed.

Btw if you can't withstand your urges don't have sex, period. You stick it in her you basically signing a contract says "if I knock you up, I will help be responsible"

That doesn't even make sense. Obviously if they COULD withstand their urges, they would not be having sex with irresponsible women who can't withstand their own urges.

And no, there is no "basically signing a contract" about it. Just because a man sticks his sperm in a woman does not make him responsible for HER choices and more than a gas station attendant is responsible for drunk drivers. After all, if there was no gasoline, there would be no drunk driver.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Wolvo

It's meant to confuse by taking two different topics and combing them into one... A: assault and battery vs B: the right for a man to have some say in whether a woman chooses to have an abortion or have the baby. The meshing of these two topics is for shock-value and is quite disgusting.
edit on 31-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Not just two but three, this thread at times yet again steers dangerously into the *women just want to pop out kids to get mo money off the bebeh fadders* bilge and in all honesty I think thats exactly what the OP wanted from this thread all along unfortunately.

Have you taken a look at the majority of single mothers out there? Most have kids by multiple men, collect checks from those men and/or welfare. Clearly, being pregnant is an entrepreneurial activity for women today.

And short of that, even the woman who only has one child. Often it is still the product of a woman's "I want what I want, even if I can't afford it" mentality. Where she wants to have a baby "all her own" like a pet and does NOT want the father in the picture, yet insists that the man fund her little enterprise.

That is sooo not true! Most mothers in America are single mothers! Look at the statics even 50 percent of marriages in America end in divorce! So if 50 percent of marriages end in divorce... that creates a whole lot of single moms... now lets get into common law relationships... how many of them separate? The numbers get even higher! That leaves a whole lot of single moms!
edit on 1-6-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Your choice, your responsibility. Shared choice, shared responsibility. Equality. See how that works?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join