Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to jaydeePNW
1)This is the last time I will let you take me off topic. Saying someone is making themself look like an idiot, and telling them to pull their head
out, is against the TOC, and is unnecessary. If you cannot argue your point without doing it, you obviously have no point.
2)I never said probable cause wasnt sufficient to make a stop. I said it wasnt necessary to make a stop. And its not. You were wrong-quit trying to
3)I have the right to be silent, and the right not to comply. The reasoning is irrelevant-IT IS MY RIGHT.
4)On the contrary, I live well within the law. I want to make it clear that COPS are not outside the law.
5)If you think only a few have had negative experiences with cops, I want to live where you do. That is simply a lie.
6)If everyone was civil and decent, there would be no crime. So you are right, there would be no need for cops. But there IS crime. If I am living
civilly and decently, why should I have to forfeit my right to privacy because of the few that dont?
edit on 29-5-2011 by captaintyinknots
because: (no reason given)
1) So I can't have an opinion and share it? That is what you are saying. I agree on the head up ass thing that was out of line I should have worded
it better, sorry. However I do believe you are making yourself look like an idiot and I have no intention of censoring that. Do I believe you are an
idiot? No, however how you state things isn't very well put. I may have the same problem here myself.
2) I covered that in a post above however it is semantics really.
3) What is your definition of not complying? Mine is resisting arrest. If a cop comes up to you with no intention of detaining or arresting and you
refuse to give them any information then fine, however I have no idea why you wouldn't if you had nothing to hide. If they have probable cause to
arrest you then not complying with their arrest is unlawful. I am not sure what your issue is. I must have missed it. You can be silent all you want
but you sill have to comply with the police.
4) Yes, I agree. Thats why there is a internal affairs division. Bad cops do get busted and fired and even go to jail themselfs. They also get
reprimanded. Most people don't see that side of it I guess. Easier to cry foul when every anti-cop idiot puts up a youtube vid of misconduct. Here
where I live a guy got shot by a cop and it took three independant reviews, one civilian, before the cop was freed from charges.
5) Very few people I know have any issues with the law enforcment. There are 500,000 people in this area, if more than a tiny percentage had issues
things would be more obvious. It isn't. People may gripe about it but when they have to call 911 the cops are their best friends. Funny how that
6) I have no clue what you are on about I guess. How exactly are you giving up any rights to privacy? Maybe I am arguing the wrong issue.
I am 34 years old and had to deal with the police 5 times that I can remember and not one of those times did I have a problem with how they conducted
If you guys want to know how well USA police handle themselfs then go look at videos (not on yourtube) of police in many 3rd world countries. They
just shoot you in the street no questions asked. You have it very damn good in this country and it is people that take advantage of that that ruins it
for the rest of us. Can the police do better? Sure, but is it to much to ask that criminals do less crime?