It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality, Coming Soon To A Home Near You !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Watching all of these videos and reading these stories will probably take an hour or more. But, it will (hopefully) be one of the most well spent hours you will spend here on ATS. I say this because I intend these videos to motivate you.

I want these videos and stories to not serve as entertainment, but as a tool to entice the justice within you to stand up and take action.

I made this compilation of police brutality to exemplify the massive amount of evidence of America moving rapidly toward a police state.

The childhood image I once held of the police being a helpful friendly hero slowly faded as I got older into what has become an image of an egotistical gun toting megalomaniac. If you live in Florida or anyone of the other states that have obviously already become a police state you may more fully understand why I would make such a strong statement.

Resist the violation of your constitutional rights.........

15 year old girl brutally beat by cops in Seattle, Washington
Case update fot the 15 year old girl being beat by her childhood hero.

Cop Shoots Homeowner 6 Times Then Covers Up. 911 Call Evidencing the cover up!

PHOENIX (CN) - A Phoenix police officer shot Tony Arambula six times in the back during a 911 home-invasion call, and the 911 tape recorded the officer's partner saying, "That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?" The officers were not aware that the 911 call was still recording as they spoke about covering up the shooting. In their complaint in Maricopa County Court, Anthony and Lesley Arambula say an armed intruder "crashed through the front window" of their home on Sept. 17, 2008 and ran into one of their son's bedrooms. Anthony, worried about his son who was still in his bedroom, says he "held the intruder calmly at gunpoint" and called 911. Phoenix Police officers already in the neighborhood heard the crash of the Arambulas' window. When they approached the house, Lesley says, she told Sgt. Sean Coutts that her husband was inside holding the intruder at gunpoint. Lesley says Coutts failed to pass on that information to the two other officers. Inside the house, the Arambulas say, Officer Brian Lilly shot Anthony six times in the back while he was still on the phone with the 911 operator - twice when he was on the ground.

ABC news crew gets brutalized
"Every singel one of the federally MANDATED !NINE! dashboard video cameras were inoperable or not running"?????

Cops Steal Journalists Camera 1st & 4th Amendment rights Violations

Police officer turns off camera and beats up woman

Minneapolis Cop Tasers Man With Hands On Squad Car

Cop Kills 7 Year Old Girl In Detroit Raid. Filmed by A&E "First 48"!!

The Washington Post artical on the 7 year old girl story

Cop Beats Special Needs Student!

Officer shoots and kills a man lying face down

17 year old girl working at drive thru gets an unjustified beating by police officer

Police Brutality - Wikipedia

Police Brutality: The Use of Excessive Force"

This thread is an attempt on my part to try and open they eyes of my fellow Americans to the act of war being imposed upon its citizens by the very people that we entrust to uphold the law, when in fact they just break bend or otherwise completely ignore that law AND our rights.

-Alien

edit on 5/29/2011 by Alien Abduct because: spelling correction

edit on 5/29/2011 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
... you to stand up and take action.

Such as?

And dont simply ask for more violent retaliation against the police (as some on ATS have already suggested), because that just further entrenches their current attitude that "every citizen is a dangerous criminal".
Every time a citizen kills a cop, cops become more antagonistic towards citizens.

+6 more 
posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
So I obviously didn't read every one of these yet, I have seen most of the stories already though.

This is interesting to me as I was just standing out front having a smoke and watched an officer gunning it down a residential street then a minute later gunning it down the main street. These guys in my town drive completely recklessly at night. Like they are immune to rules and can drive like a 17 year old boy showing off for any imagined issue.

What you are showing is the worst case scenario. What we don't hear about are the minor incidents that happen daily. I watched a cop hit someones pet cat because they made an illegal U turn at a high speed probably to pull over someone with a headlight out. I have had one knife stolen from me when I was searched without probable cause. I can rattle off hundreds more from friends. And I am a law abiding relatively clean cut white guy with an upper middle class upbringing. And yes this does make a difference.

To my point, I want Law Enforcement Officers to be better paid, I want them to be able to do their jobs. But I feel any claim against a LEO should immediately be tried in a court with a jury of 12. All punishments need to be double or triple what an average citizen would suffer for the same crime. Cops aren't regular people. Sorry. They are people who have chosen a life of serving the people in exchange for monetary compensation and the feeling of contributing to their society and possibly for the power. I don't really care why.

Bottom line: We give them trust to serve and protect. All violations should be met as one would treat a traitor. I personally would like to see them put to death. Treason against those you swore to protect is far worse than any murderer, rapist, thief, or drug dealer.

But thats just one man's opinion.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Whatever action they would deem necessary.

I am not suggesting Violence at this point. I am suggesting action by way of political action, legal action, neighborhood watch action, town meeting action, elected officials (voting) action. And if it does come down to it when violent retaliation is the only option, then by all means your God damned right I suggest violence.

-Alien

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
... you to stand up and take action.

Such as?

And dont simply ask for more violent retaliation against the police (as some on ATS have already suggested), because that just further entrenches their current attitude that "every citizen is a dangerous criminal".
Every time a citizen kills a cop, cops become more antagonistic towards citizens.

well, yeah but did you think about switching the roles?
Every time a cop kills a citizen, citizens become more antagonistic towards cops.
Is that not true? One very big difference is sometimes these cops never even get punished. When a citizen harms an officer you can damn well count on them being beaten and or jail time.. but often times the cops get off scotch free.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Great post Alien Abduct...but a very sad and disheartening topic. It makes me wonder what we don't see, and that is very concerning.

I'm so full of emotional rage right now, that its probably best I don't respond....but I agree in a sense with whoever posted that if we deal with it in violence ,it just gives them more amunition to think of us all as criminals,and it only will escalate the problem.

Yet I see how at some point, the public will start to "snap" and just take their revenge,much like a person who keeps getting bullied and bullied.

They can get away with too much,and when they do get called on certain injustices, more often then not..they get a paid suspension.

I feel so angry ,and sad right now...and I feel so sorry for the people of this world, if things don't change soon,especially for the younger generation.

I get to kick the bucket and kiss this world goodbye, a lot sooner than the young ones...and I worry so much for their future.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
One should take a more realistic approach to this subject and not become paranoid about cops enough to believe cop brutality is "coming to a home near you". This is fear-mongering more than anything. Not all cops are bad. In fact, there should be some statistics to compare the number of good cops vs bad, if possible.

So many people here on ATS and elsewhere fail to look at both sides of the story when seeing a cop use excessive force. Excessive force is wrong in most cases but in others excessive force is needed if the suspect is resisting arrest. Some of you are so paranoid and one-sided.

If there are any intelligent ATSers out there, then you'd note that the massive number of videos showing cop brutality in random instances, from different areas, can be propaganda as much as "cops are your friend" videos can. You guys need to wake up and realize you are being indoctrinated to distrust and hate cops all the while politicians are the ones you need to hate and distrust!!!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It works both ways.

Here's a female cop getting beaten.

Here's a so-called sovereign citizen and his son gunning down a couple of cops.

My point here is that there are bad apples on both sides and in every aspect of life - there are normal people and then there are idiots.

+3 more 
posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
One should take a more realistic approach to this subject and not become paranoid about cops enough to believe cop brutality is "coming to a home near you". This is fear-mongering more than anything. Not all cops are bad. In fact, there should be some statistics to compare the number of good cops vs bad, if possible.

So many people here on ATS and elsewhere fail to look at both sides of the story when seeing a cop use excessive force. Excessive force is wrong in most cases but in others excessive force is needed if the suspect is resisting arrest. Some of you are so paranoid and one-sided.

If there are any intelligent ATSers out there, then you'd note that the massive number of videos showing cop brutality in random instances, from different areas, can be propaganda as much as "cops are your friend" videos can. You guys need to wake up and realize you are being indoctrinated to distrust and hate cops all the while politicians are the ones you need to hate and distrust!!!!

The fear isn't about the police brutalizing people. It is about them getting away with it and them protecting their own when they do. It is the small stuff, the attitudes, and their belief they are above reproach. Unfortunately the criminal (in)justice system sees it this way most of the time too.

I disagree that there are many good cops. There are some good cops but saying many would be a stretch. When I get pulled and a cop is being condescending and rude he should be written up for poor customer service. Instead nothing I just have to listen to it and take it. Anyone else I'm paying treats me like that I am not giving them my business.

Andy Griffith would be a good cop if he was real. He is who cops should aspire to. Humble, friendly, polite, respectful, and more concerned with helping the citizens than writing them a ticket, or arresting them for something stupid.

Instead we get guys who think the uniform will get them some tail and are stoked to be able to carry a gun around.

So no, I don't think me or my family is going to be beaten by a cop. I'm also not going to be mouthing off to cop to piss them off until they beat me. I want to see only the highest caliber of professional working in law enforcement.

Maybe the answer is 100% video monitoring while an officer is OTJ and have volunteer citizen oversight to review the videos whenever there is a complaint and hold the department liable on behalf of the citizens. Then maybe you would have someone to complain to who isn't another cop and get you targeted.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Thanks for showing the other side of the coin ,its important that we see those as well.

Its not an easy job,and I'm sure the reality of the danger that could potentially be out there, can cause some to over react at times.

They are human after all, and with such a frustrating job at times,dealing with drunks, and smart asses , they must loose their rational sense of how best to deal with a situation.

It isn't an excuse for some of the really bad behaviour of cops , but like you said..there are a lot of good scenerios we don't hear enough about.

How about somebody starting a thread with some really good things that they know of ,that law enforcement has done?

I would have a few stories to add to it, for sure.

+11 more 
posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That sovereign citizen video is police propaganda.

They use Waco as an example when it is a known fact that Waco was an illegal ATF raid & murder.

If you talk about your rights, law or video the cops for your own safety you are profiled as a crazy domestic radical-right extremist.

This blatantly telling police to over-react and profile everyone as a terrorist.

Nothing but bullsh1te propaganda.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Most people have no issues with the police what so ever because they never done anything to cause the police to put attention on them. If you cop haters had to deal with what they deal with everyday, day in day out, you would make some errors now and then also. If you don't think cops get in trouble then just type in "cops fired" in google and hit the news link. Police deal with so many stupid people everyday I have no idea how they manage as well as they do.

The real issue is not the police acting above the law but citizens acting like they don't have to obay the law. 99 times out of a 100 if the person simply did as instructed by the officer nothing would have happened. Instead they entice the police to take more drastic action and then the police are labled the bad guy.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It's only because people are killing 1 cop at a time, that tree of liberty isn't going to water itself.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

exactly...

he died later

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin

Actually, excessive force is never needed. There is a term called "Reasonable Force". Anything beyond that is illegal.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Ok ..now I feel like an idiot for ever defending a mob going after police or security...though I still feel police, at times ,provoke it.

That was just wrong. ..but it would be interesting to see closer into the stands to what lead up to it.

I'm sure there were some in the crowd,that were trying to stop it..many do not like to see that kind of "unfair" advantage on anyone, regardless how they feel about the police/ and or victim of it.

edit on 29-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Actually, excessive force is never needed. There is a term called "Reasonable Force". Anything beyond that is illegal.
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Thanks for posting that reminder !!! and it should be understood,and implimented by those who are trying to protect a victim from excessive brutality as well.

It also needs to be understood ,and practiced in the education system , as well as in the realms of parenting.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
Most people have no issues with the police what so ever because they never done anything to cause the police to put attention on them. If you cop haters had to deal with what they deal with everyday, day in day out, you would make some errors now and then also. If you don't think cops get in trouble then just type in "cops fired" in google and hit the news link. Police deal with so many stupid people everyday I have no idea how they manage as well as they do.

The real issue is not the police acting above the law but citizens acting like they don't have to obay the law. 99 times out of a 100 if the person simply did as instructed by the officer nothing would have happened. Instead they entice the police to take more drastic action and then the police are labled the bad guy.

So if we all 'just do what we are told' it will be ok.

Ahhh yes, good old american freedom.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
cops are paid for thugs

they are not here to protect

or to serve you

only their corporate sponsors

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

There is a treasure trove in these videos. You can just keep going by watching the ones on the bottom of these. Thank you for posting them. To me anyone who defends the cops are either one of them or has been fortunte enough to have not been harrassed by them. I am lucky myself but not so blind that I don't see what is going on around me. I found one of the most disturbing was the boy who fell off the bridge onto concrete road below. He recieved a broken back and several severe injuries. When the police arrived they tased him 19 times because he wouldn't get up and was incoherent. Their excuse he wouldn't follow directions. His back surgery had to be postponed for 2 days due to other physical damage done to him by all the tasing. Can you imagine what that poor boy went through. I keep hearing oh the poor cops, Nobody is making them do any of this but themselves. It is a job like any other job in this country. When are people going to get it in their heads THEY LIKE IT OR THEY WOULDN"T BE DOING IT. Everytime someone upholds this type of behavior are showing they are animals too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join