Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Police Brutality, Coming Soon To A Home Near You !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
wow those are some crazy vids. Alot of the police force seem to think they make their own rules. We as a people need to stand up for ourselves. Stop taking this abuse by these thugs.

My biggest issue with police is many join simply because they want power. these type of people are either the high school bullies who need a new way to screw with people or the bullied who want payback and let the world feel their anger from when they were bullied as a kid or whatever.

Then again you also get the ones who become flustered due to their job. how would you like it to see the rapist you arrested 3 weeks ago is back on the street because his gangbanger buddies threatened their victims family saying drop the charges or we will behead your family and put it on the internet. Events like that (people you arrest for good reasons getting let off easily) compound and eventually make you a bit sick in the head. A security instructor from jobcorps who just so happened to be a former police officer told me all about how the job can get to your head and make you a bit demented.

But most cops tend to be good decent fellows. but due to the small group of bad cops the good ones look bad.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Those that support cops are not in touch with reality.

Reality is that in other countries that have legalized every drug but you can't sell it. With proven lower rates or addiction, maybe 95% of the people that are anti-cop will have less hate towards "the man, man"

Also they are not using the most effective way to cure people of addiction.

Cops are not on our side, the prison complex is a business, the more criminals the more money.

We need cops, but not ones with the power they have now.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
Those that support cops are not in touch with reality.

Reality is that in other countries that have legalized every drug but you can't sell it. With proven lower rates or addiction, maybe 95% of the people that are anti-cop will have less hate towards "the man, man"

Also they are not using the most effective way to cure people of addiction.

Cops are not on our side, the prison complex is a business, the more criminals the more money.

We need cops, but not ones with the power they have now.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)
Im in full support of police. but i beleive in america and europe we need to reform their power

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Thanks for posting this. I'm acquainted with many people who think I have it in for cops because I tell them to remain silent during police encounters. Don't say nothing and there's no reason to get into an altercation. Refuse all searches even if you are not carrying contraband. People, use the law to your advantage!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco0698

Thanks for posting this. I'm acquainted with many people who think I have it in for cops because I tell them to remain silent during police encounters. Don't say nothing and there's no reason to get into an altercation. Refuse all searches even if you are not carrying contraband. People, use the law to your advantage!

i disagree with your refuse all searches idea. they can always say you looked suspicious and because of that they have reason to search. refusing a search is legal however not wise. like not paying don corleone that protection money you owe him. your not legally obliged to however doing so may be a wise idea.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW

1) So I can't have an opinion and share it? That is what you are saying. I agree on the head up ass thing that was out of line I should have worded it better, sorry. However I do believe you are making yourself look like an idiot and I have no intention of censoring that. Do I believe you are an idiot? No, however how you state things isn't very well put. I may have the same problem here myself.

2) I covered that in a post above however it is semantics really.

3) What is your definition of not complying? Mine is resisting arrest. If a cop comes up to you with no intention of detaining or arresting and you refuse to give them any information then fine, however I have no idea why you wouldn't if you had nothing to hide. If they have probable cause to arrest you then not complying with their arrest is unlawful. I am not sure what your issue is. I must have missed it. You can be silent all you want but you sill have to comply with the police.

4) Yes, I agree. Thats why there is a internal affairs division. Bad cops do get busted and fired and even go to jail themselfs. They also get reprimanded. Most people don't see that side of it I guess. Easier to cry foul when every anti-cop idiot puts up a youtube vid of misconduct. Here where I live a guy got shot by a cop and it took three independant reviews, one civilian, before the cop was freed from charges.

5) Very few people I know have any issues with the law enforcment. There are 500,000 people in this area, if more than a tiny percentage had issues things would be more obvious. It isn't. People may gripe about it but when they have to call 911 the cops are their best friends. Funny how that works.

6) I have no clue what you are on about I guess. How exactly are you giving up any rights to privacy? Maybe I am arguing the wrong issue.

I am 34 years old and had to deal with the police 5 times that I can remember and not one of those times did I have a problem with how they conducted themselfs.

If you guys want to know how well USA police handle themselfs then go look at videos (not on yourtube) of police in many 3rd world countries. They just shoot you in the street no questions asked. You have it very damn good in this country and it is people that take advantage of that that ruins it for the rest of us. Can the police do better? Sure, but is it to much to ask that criminals do less crime?

1)You sure can. However, when, in stating that opinion on this PRIVATE MESSAGE BOARD, you cant refrain from jumping to immature insults, it'll get removed. Pretty simple.

2)It is not semantics, they are two very different levels of suspicion.

3)Again, I have every right not to comply with police. Once I am under arrest, I lose some of those rights. Until then, I really dont have to do much of anything. Once under arrest, I still only have to comply with the physical demands the officer makes. I do not have to say a word to them. The reason is irrelevant. The point is I DONT HAVE TO JUST BECAUSE A COP SAYS SO.

4)I fully understand the investigations of police after the fact. That changes nothing about what I have said.

5)Again, can I come where you live? Sounds MUCH nicer than where i do (although i am guessing in actuality, we live relatively close...PNW, yeah?).

6)I do think maybe we have crossed issues here, and for my part in that, I apologize.

The argument of "its worse in other places" is irrelevant. There is ALWAYS somewhere that it is worse. Does that mean we should not strive to make it better where we are?

It sounds like you have been lucky to not have had any bad experiences with the cops. I cannot say the same. I have NEVER in my life been arrested for, let alone convicted of, a crime. I have been in cuffs, maced, and injured by cops more than once, though. Think about that for a second.
edit on 29-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by X9ballX
refusing a search is legal however not wise. like not paying don corleone that protection money you owe him. your not legally obliged to however doing so may be a wise idea.

Ithat is one of the saddest, and truest statements I have read today....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

3) What is your definition of not complying? Mine is resisting arrest. If a cop comes up to you with no intention of detaining or arresting and you refuse to give them any information then fine, however I have no idea why you wouldn't if you had nothing to hide. If they have probable cause to arrest you then not complying with their arrest is unlawful. I am not sure what your issue is. I must have missed it. You can be silent all you want but you sill have to comply with the police.

So you dont recognize the right to remain silent? You are working from the wrong premise. We are not here to serve to or answer to you. Its the other way around.
Why is this so hard? We have laws and a social contract ( look it up) that we abide by. Law enforcement such as yourself seem to feel that they can exercise any law and that you are the judges of the laws. ever mind that many in the population will correct you when you are wrong. Get over yourself.. There are many citizens who are FAR more intelligent than you and understand the laws. Get educated, k?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Police brutality has no excuse, I agree. But there is still hope, yesterday I saw many good cops in action. They saved my neighborhood in combination with the firefighters.

I live in Newark, NJ...yeah, things are hot here, we are famous. I was playing online with some friends, I saw passing really fast a vehicle, probably a drug dealer or maybe the car was stolen, we've having that kind of stuff. 2 patrols chased the car, all became frantic when the guy decided to round the block and pass again....faster. More patrols joined the chase, they came back a third time, but against traffic, more police cars came in front of my home, blocking the road, opening doors as shields. The criminal came back and crashed with 2 parked cars. The chase ended with the criminal inside a house, I don't know if they got him, but nobody got hurt and they didn't fire any weapon...not a single shot. The cars were on fire and all was like the movies. Firefighters controlled the fire just in time, minutes more and all the block could turn in hell.

Now, those criminals won't mess in my area for a while, they know we got good cops in Newark, NJ. God bless them all.

Here some pics from my cheap phone, also blurry because I had to move all the time.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

Just from a quick search, there are somewhere between 800 thousand and one million cops in the US. That's state and local. Of that, of what percentage would you say are bad? I would suggest, less than ten percent. the other eleven in the trash.

You condone 10% corruption? I'm at a loss for words. 0.1% is too much considering the power to do evil that they hold over the average person.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Thanx. Thats how its supposed to work. We have people here that defend and justify aberrant behavior.
God bless you.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

i say this to people whos only reply in these threads are that cops do good too

"cops do good things too"

YEA?!

so did hitler

he wouldnt have gained as much control and popularity in his country which allowed him to come to power without doing SOME GOOD

so why dont you people leave these threads, stop kissing cops asses online and go praise hitler with your same logic

So.. cops are now in line with Hitler?

Exaggerate much? Go ahead if you like.. most of the cop haters love to exaggerate to make their points. Out of the thousands of stops and arrests each day across the nation, are you surprised there is a nice handful of "abuse" videos? I'm not. Cops are people, and many people are jerks. It just so happens that police -have- to have some degree of that "don't mess with me" attitude to do their jobs and stay safe. So it's more obvious when the bad ones step out of line.

When I lived in a smaller town in upper PA, there was one police station. I'd say it was a pretty standard station - there was one gung-ho jerk that did abuse his authority (although not to the degree in the videos) - one cocky but very funny cop, and a few just solid, dependable guys. I was good friends with the chief, so knew them all pretty well. All in all, they were good folks, just doing their job, which often times, is quite dangerous. Since a lot of the times they have do deal with the poor hapless citizens you feel so bad for, is when they are drunk, drugged, and belligerent. I've known many to go out of their way to help folks, and help the community besides. This "all cops are evil pigs" mentality is a bit sickening, to be honest.

There are bad cops. And a lot of them are called out and punished. There is no doubt there are some power hungry morons. There has to be, since I meet these sort of people every day. Only difference is they don't have a club, taser or gun.

But a police state? Please... it's not a police state. Tomorrow, on Memorial Day, across the nation, millions of Americans will go to parks, or rooftops in their downtown apartment buildings.. or to baseball games.. and play loud music, and drink, and have fun. You folks don't know what a police state is.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..

Originally posted by seeashrink

Just from a quick search, there are somewhere between 800 thousand and one million cops in the US. That's state and local. Of that, of what percentage would you say are bad? I would suggest, less than ten percent. the other eleven in the trash.

You condone 10% corruption? I'm at a loss for words. 0.1% is too much considering the power to do evil that they hold over the average person.
He didnt say he condoned it he just said there was about that much. there will always be coruption in everything

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
So you dont recognize the right to remain silent? You are working from the wrong premise. We are not here to serve to or answer to you. Its the other way around.
Why is this so hard? We have laws and a social contract ( look it up) that we abide by. Law enforcement such as yourself seem to feel that they can exercise any law and that you are the judges of the laws. ever mind that many in the population will correct you when you are wrong. Get over yourself.. There are many citizens who are FAR more intelligent than you and understand the laws. Get educated, k?

I am Law enforcment? No, I am a welder. I don't want you to serve me or answer me unless I am your boss.

I am educated just fine thanks. It is you that seems uneducated acusing me of being law enforcment. I have no desire to be one and for that reason I am wiling to give the cops the benifit of the doubt.

And yes, the right to remain silent is your right. What I am saying is that doesn't give you the right to resist arrest or dissobay the cops just because you remain silent. You still have to comply and go to jail....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Interesting thread, but there are some people here on ATS who will never be convinced about police brutality and abuse in America today.

In their minds, the police should attack the citizenry even MORE than they currently do.

The road has been paved. More abuse to come...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
reply to post by Trueman

Thanx. Thats how its supposed to work. We have people here that defend and justify aberrant behavior.
God bless you.

Thank you.

This morning I checked local media, to see if it was in the news, I didn't find it. Who knows how many times they do this kind of anonimous actions, media should be fair and show the good cops too.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

All I see is propaganda. Crime is down and people are indifferent. if there was a problem I would think it would show up. No, it's always been this way, you're just now learning it. So fix it, don't end what's there now. obviously, no matter how flawed, it has worked.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

But a police state? Please... it's not a police state. Tomorrow, on Memorial Day, across the nation, millions of Americans will go to parks, or rooftops in their downtown apartment buildings.. or to baseball games.. and play loud music, and drink, and have fun. You folks don't know what a police state is.

Thats nice. But where I live I would be arrested for music, drink, and fun. Police State? No. Freedom? No also.

edit on 5/29/11 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

"....You still have to comply and go to jail....". Ok, that explains you very well. . Everybody s guilty and should comply and go to jail? What about innocents? Should everyone comply and go to jail? How old are you BTW?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
One time my dad came home drunk. He was mixing some tomato juice with liquor (yuck). Long story short, he was wasted and he vomited something red. We called the ambulance, the ambulance came and got frustrated because my dad wouldnt go with them because he kept claiming it wasnt blood.

So, the ambulance called the cops....

They forced my dad on the ground, held him down, twisted his arm, and dragged him out in front of his family. Keep in mind that he was being taken because he was "sick" and "hurt". Let me say that again... they used force because they needed to take him to the hospital because he was sick and hurt... so they hurt him more...

My dad respects cops, and for years he has told me to become a cop. He himself wanted to be a cop but his english wasnt that good. I even took the police exam and got a 97 out of 100.

To this day I hate cops. I have enough stories and firsthand account of the crap they have done to people i know and loved. They are the mafia of new york, except their business is in waiting for you to break the law so they can fine you. Cops are not bodyguards, they are not heroes, no where does it say that a police officers job is to protect us, that responisibility is our own. They were created to enforce law - break the rules, and get punished.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join