It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious carved rock rediscovered [first ever pictures and video on the Internet!]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

yup, the general feeling around the area was uneasiness, i chose the music in the video to give it another vibe to the general "feel", but over all, it felt quite odd, is interesting that some of you "feel" it even through the pictures...

There are places in this world where the general paradigm isn't all encompassing...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I didn't give 1 cent to any of these folks, but yeah, the poor fools, how could they know anything?
I mean please what possibly could they know? right?

Take it as it is, an unexpected find, with some nice background "flavor" to go with it...

cheers!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

nothing out of the ordinary in that carved rock typical Aztec style features. Not knocking you its a cool find but when i think about the situation i always think this kind of stuff is dumb stories by locals made to make foreigners dish out money. And 99% of the time I'm right.

I would say you grossly over estimate your percentages..........

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
This thread piqued my interest because as soon as I saw "your rock" and the size and shape of it, it immediately brought to mind a similar rock in Peru. They call it the Aramu Muru and it sits at 14,000 feet high in the Hayu Marca region of the Andes mountains. People there say that it is a stargate and the "gateway to the Gods"....but after seeing your photos, I believe the people of that time simply carved the stone out of the rock to use it as a cover for a tomb. The size would be perfect. Why the frame is carved around it, well...I'm still working on that one.

ARAMU MURU

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c53ac553e37.jpg[/atsimg]

Great thread. S&F

I have seen pictures of the Aramu Muru but previously I could not see what it was, but THIS image makes it very clear -- can you SEE IT ???

It is a bathing area, the Inca had vast canal systems in their cities, your image shows large water falls on either side and the keyhole in the middle is a BATH TUB. See the notches up above and water stains on the rocks, the water probably sheeted down the face in-between the large water falls.

They probably washed their cloths there and bathed, but at the top of the water system they could have had baptisms.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It looks like it's a piece of something bigger. At first I thought maybe a sacrificial alter but that would maybe preclude it being part of a bigger piece. It's a pitty we can't figure out a way to bring out or enhance the features of the visible drawings.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

yeah they are hoping you come home talk about it peak its interest so they can charge people to see it when American archeologist come knocking on their door. The best way to spread a lie is to tell people its a secret and watch them spread it like wild fire.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thank you OP, that is remarkable! I really enjoyed your presentation and pictures.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think this carving is very interesting. I put it into photoshop- turned it vertically and put the top and bottom together to see the man. Obviously he is missing a head. But- I think it is very possible that, there is another person with shoes standing ontop of his shoulders and perhaps another pair of hands there aswell- note the similiarities. It kind of jumps out at you when you see it vertically.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aab980175201.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
reply to post by cloudwatcher

thats right I am also able to see the water motives everywhere, it seems as if water sprouted from its mouth, maybe some sort of aquatic deity or spirit, it has some fancy pants as well, and its hands are fin like, there are tales of people being able to turn into half monster half human things around the area, as I mentioned earlier they call them nahuales, and Nahuales with a capital "N" to the really powerful ones...

This place is surrounded by rivers and very close to the sea, so everything is possible!

No offense but I suddenly smell Bull Manure. The powerful ones have a capital 'N'? Reminds me of the member vs Member thread.

The rock you have displayed seems oddly familiar. The water mentioned spurting from the mouth sounds like a garden water feature. I don't know, just got a real de ja vu feeling. Maybe it's authentic and I got a flashback from genetic make-up... Who knows?

Just thinking out loud, thanks for posting.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
"this place is a couple of miles from the city of Tuxpan, and is quite isolated..."

All I see is farmland for miles. If it was 20 or so miles from the city, I might believe it's isolated.

Interesting story though.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The problem I found with this is that we don't know when the rock dates back. It is a known fact that tourist places will come up with anything to keep their customers coming back so my problem is that I don't know who made this. It could have been the people living there before our time or it could have been made 10 years ago and withered away by natures forces.

These old drawing and carvings are magnificent but there many people who would not think twice about faking them for their own financial benefits

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
awesome stuff. thanks OP for making my Sunday that much better. i love stories like this. gives me hope that there is still some mystery left in the world. how cool would it be if we started a thread where all the members of ATS would go out and get some video and story of mysterious places around where they live. not only would it be good for the person getting out there amongst it. but all the people on ATS would get to share in the rich cultural history of the united colours that is ATS.

just wanted to say thanks for reminding me to look for the mystery in life. i get so caught up with all the negative crap on here i sometimes forget what i used to do all the time as a kid, explore and discover. on that note im heading off to find some mystery. have a great Sunday guys. and celebrate it by getting in your car and driving to a place you have never been. in fact just drive and turn left and right whenever you feel. get yourself lost on purpose. dont worry you will always find your way home. the fun part is the mystery in between.

if you do get lost use your phone or gps to get home. or just ask people for directions. its a great way to meet new and interesting people.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

Not picking on you, per se ... but EVERY time I read something that starts off with, "this is not made up, this is REALLY true", etc., it instantly affects the credibility of what is said. When someone says, "I'm really not lying", odds are they are lying.

I disagree sometimes you say that because your not lying. In the case of this thread makes even more sence.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You can see the lower extremeties (obviously humanoid) and part of the torso along with an arm and a hand. As far as "fin-like", the "fin" is just a carving of fingers. The human hand is one of the hardest parts of human anatomy to replicate in drawings and sculptures. The head seems to be fish-like with water pouring out of the mouth. It appears to me to be some sort of depiction of a preist or preistess. This reminds me of the fish-suit worn by the Anunnaki of sumerian legend. What is more interesting is how ancient peoples were able to work with such massive stones at all of these mega-lithic sites, when even our modern engineers admit that we could not duplicate these building techniques even today.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Nakor420 because: Left out things I wanted to say.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Excellent find, I envy the experiance!
Great pics/video! S&F

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey...

Just so you know. Things of this type of nature, like Old Mayan Carvings, etc. etc.

If they become 'Found' over- time. There's a reason for it. It's like these things have a destiny. They have a true 'Destiny' and a 'Reason' for the TIME and LOCATION to where its found.

So this may be important, indeed.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
[yvid]

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I had to look up nahuales. Small n representing signs that influence ones life. Kinda like the zodiac. But with N, it takes on a personification. Shapeshifters even. Water can represent many things. The fact that it is coming out of his mouth, I think is important.

You mentioned that you were filming there. What other goodies do you have?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It looks to be a fallen stelae, probably of/with Epi-Olmec carving. Stones of this type are found through out Veracruz province. The most famous is the La Mojarra Stela 1.

I would suggest posting pictures of it at the Hall of Ma'at or one of the Mesoamerican forums to identify it further.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think I saw a nirnroot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join