It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious carved rock rediscovered [first ever pictures and video on the Internet!]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Greeting fellow strangers, what i´m going to tell you is not made up, It was told to me and others on site.

A couple of weeks ago, while filming some nature aspects in a place called Tuxpan in the Mexican state of Veracruz, we went to an awesome location near this huge river and stayed there for 4 days, while we were shooting there, I became friends with some of the locals working there, this place is a couple of miles from the city of Tuxpan, and is quite isolated, well one night one guy told me that he knew a place nearby where some old folks had a huge carved stone in their "backyard".
He told me that it had some "curious" carvings, he also told me to be discreet as for some odd reasons, the locals wanted it that way and didn't take too well on nosy foreigners.

On the last day of shooting, right before returning to the hotel, we took a left instead of a right and went exploring, the roads in here are just wide traces in the dirt, so the few miles took a while to cover, we found the house and the folks we were looking for, and a great tale along the way!

Now, as some of you may know, the State of Veracruz was home to several important cultures, the Olmecs, Totonaca, amongst others /more info here, amongst them, the Toltecs, now these fellows are sometimes considered to be the top architects and builders, and some have considered them to be more than an ethnicity, and actually being some sort of "secret" school of mysteries like the ones they had elsewhere more "info" here, well, It so happened that the old man was the grandfather of my first informant, being as well recommended as I was, we were told the whole yarn around the stone.

Supposedly this man was in charge of taking care of the rock, and was member of a lineage that went back 500 years ago of custodians of the rock, as this was the "lid" of a symbolical tomb where a powerful ancient Nahual, or warlock had attained transcendence or achieved a permanent spiritual form to exist outside the parameters of time and space, these people took care of the rock because they had been promised a great treasure that would allow all members of their closely knit community to live without worries for generations, until the Nahual would return and pay its generational debt.

After doing some snooping around I found out that the city of Tuxpan had been settled for thousands of years, depending on the source, reports indicate human presence in the area as early as 5000 to 3500 b.C.!
He also told us that many had tried to take the stone, its rare that some old pieces remain in the open for long, either its "authorities" or other illicit looters almost always make the capture once the word is known, Germans, Americans and Mexican authorities had tried to take it away, freak accidents where the least of their worries according to this man.
The American looters had actually flipped it over, before their equipment bent in a heap of metal and cables.
Mexican authorities experienced strange happenings like sightings of things near the river bed, and strange fevers, mosquitoes where probably the cause, some say, others are not so sure.

I will not disclose the actual location of the place out of respect, but if some were willing to go and investigate themselves I would still think about giving out more data!

Supposedly the ancient Toltec warlock still is occasionally seen by the locals, forever searching for hidden knowledge, in its timeless body, an eternity of arcane study became its ultimate goal, forever roaming the earth as a "ghost".

Make anything you will of this, I took all he said with a grain of salt of course, all I can vouch for is that he is a very respected member of its community, and opened himself up because he felt he was between friends and equals, strange energies and presences can be felt around the place , and the thick boned fellow that is seen on the video lying down had a headache and sore body for almost 2 weeks.
This world still has some mysteries left.

the city of Tuxpan

What do you think? to me the carvings look like some odd Cthulhu type fiend with tentacles in its mouth and fin like hands and feet, but hey thats just me!

edit on 27-5-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Dude, awesome experience, thanks for sharing it! S&F

I don't know if I would pass on too much info on it's location though, they've been the custodians this long for a reason, despite the few unusual instances that had kept it in their possession.

The carving does look somewhat like you describe, Cthulu-esque and definitely different.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This was spectacular - thank you!

Seriously

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes, very cool!
Thanks for sharing!

I would also suggest you don't give the info out.
No matter who asks. Especially not someone from some website who says "yes I'd like to visit it, please tell me where to go"

You say.. "out of respect, I won't say where it is"..
BUT.." if anyone wants to go there, Ill give you more info"

What?

No, Please don't.
Seriously.

Anyway, Sweet pics, cool story, thanks again.
Please... Keep it to yourself.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thank you for a really wonderful thread, OneEyedProphet. I really enjoyed the video and the photographs are really spectacular.

That is one gigantic stone.

I thought that the stone in this one looked almost petrified.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You have a little gem in your hands - keep it there and be part of the secret that you don't own.

Thanks for sharing the story.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Very interesting! You're so fortunate to get to see that rock in person. Thanks for sharing it with us!
I love seeing stuff like this on ATS. There's so much we don't know. Makes you wonder what else is out there that hasn't been discovered yet.

I agree with everyone else so far that you should probably keep the location on the down low. If it were me, I'd do it out of respect for the guy who takes care of it and his ancestors. Someone on here may ask for the location out of genuine interest, but if word got out to others with not so good intentions, bad things could happen.

Great job though! I'd love to come across something like this! S&F!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

what I mean is, if you are seriously interested in investigating on location I would not have any problem at all, I believe this stuff is part of our collective cultural heritage as human beings, if indeed it is what it is, and believe me , I felt some strange stuff right there, its not easy getting to the location, and the locals I´m sure can sniff a rat a mile away, I believe that since we were well recommended things happened the way they did, we had no heavy equipment and treated everyone with respect.

Only serious inquiries would be of course attended.

BTW, I haven't seen anything like it nowhere else, If other documented the place well they didn't share their pictures or video, to anyone, this is a world exclusive, I believe times are changing, secrets look for light, we are after all tools of some incomprehensible forces out there...

cheers!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Hey thank you for stopping by, yeah the rock looked rather unique from different angles, from what I could make out afterwards, there are no other carvings or ancient settlements around the area, at least for a few miles, so indeed its very odd.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

thanks, but I "found" it totally by accident, I became friends with the guy after talking about UFO´s, ghosts and the general mysterious side of planet earth, he seemed genuinely interested in some stuff I was telling him, so he paid the info with more info of his own!

Things like these are out there for anyone to cross paths with, we only need to leave our zones of comfort once in a while!

cheers!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Hello Prophet; cool find.

Looking at the object, it appears unfinished and at 1:45 we can see a crack along the horizontal plane. The crack looks recent (years rather than centuries), but might explain why the carving wasn't completed. If the rock was quarried and then found to be flawed, the masons would abandon it for one with greater integrity.

The background story sounds romanticised by suggesting the stone is somehow protected or magical. Maybe the locals have built up a little urban folklore around it? It happens.

Are there any Huasteca walls or remains in the area? Quarries?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You guys! The US Gov already knows where it is, didn't you hear the story? They flipped over! (wonder what the ground-facing side looks like...) That's probably how it got cracked... But my point is, THIS THING'S CCUURRSSEEDD!! I DOUBLE-Dogg-Dare you to go try to take it...
OP, don't post coordinates, obviously... But I can see you are savvy enough to know what's cool. Carry on, you have my blessing...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I will not disclose the actual location of the place out of respect, but if some were willing to go and investigate themselves I would still think about giving out more data!

PLEASE don't unless it is someone you can be 100% sure has no other motive and you can verify verify and verify.

Amazing thread thank you soo much,

Please from Interest when you were speaking to the keeper, the person who gained "freedom from sapce & time" did he mention the story of what happened to the body,o or events.

Is there the cross cultural and historic records of "halo's" a Light body or ascending to space or the clouds?

Do you have the name of this person the Person who the tomb was for.

An most excellent thread and road trip thank you S+F

Elf

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This thread piqued my interest because as soon as I saw "your rock" and the size and shape of it, it immediately brought to mind a similar rock in Peru. They call it the Aramu Muru and it sits at 14,000 feet high in the Hayu Marca region of the Andes mountains. People there say that it is a stargate and the "gateway to the Gods"....but after seeing your photos, I believe the people of that time simply carved the stone out of the rock to use it as a cover for a tomb. The size would be perfect. Why the frame is carved around it, well...I'm still working on that one.

ARAMU MURU

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c53ac553e37.jpg[/atsimg]

Great thread. S&F

edit on 28-5-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The subject is fascinating, and the film itself was pretty ravishing.

Things I notice:

On the side carvings, there are two inward-sloping cuts with high-precision edges. It seems to me to be improbable that they were made with a hammer and chisel.

The stone is not casually discarded, it is placed and aligned? Suggesting it wasn't scrap. Did you happen to note which direction it was oriented in?

The dude who was laying down, and later experienced flu-like systems should get himself checked for radiation poisoning.

Amazing, man, thank you.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thank You OneEye. S & F for you. Tell me though, why do you say "rediscovered'? I read your OP but am still a little confused. Is it because foreigners have previously come and tried to take it away? Unsuccessfully?

The carving looks like it has the body of a man, but not the head. A chimera? Very interesting indeed. And I don't think those are tentacles coming out of his mouth. Looks more to me like flowing waters.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Not picking on you, per se ... but EVERY time I read something that starts off with, "this is not made up, this is REALLY true", etc., it instantly affects the credibility of what is said. When someone says, "I'm really not lying", odds are they are lying.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Very interesting and good photo's, Thanks again for sharing. I also agree i would post the location out !!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hey. I noticed something in your pictures. I'm not an expert but this is what I see. Please try to follow my train of thought here, and tell me what you think.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

In the picture linked above, I see a skull on the very right of the rock. Moving to the left we see the "cthulu like creature." Look again. Those are arms folded across this figures chest.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

The picture above is what is to the left of the arms. I see two legs. What I'm getting at is that this carving is of a dead body. Which happens to match the story of the stone perfectly. What do you think?

Edit: Looking at the carving some more, I noticed that this figure appears to be wearing very fancy looking pants and shoes, but no shirt. Very odd. I wonder if these clues could help solve the mystery of the stone and its origins. I think I'll be doing some research tonight!
edit on 28-5-2011 by ProjectBlue because: moar infoz

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
reply to post by Ahmose

what I mean is, if you are seriously interested in investigating on location I would not have any problem at all, I believe this stuff is part of our collective cultural heritage as human beings, if indeed it is what it is, and believe me , I felt some strange stuff right there, its not easy getting to the location, and the locals I´m sure can sniff a rat a mile away, I believe that since we were well recommended things happened the way they did, we had no heavy equipment and treated everyone with respect.

Only serious inquiries would be of course attended.

BTW, I haven't seen anything like it nowhere else, If other documented the place well they didn't share their pictures or video, to anyone, this is a world exclusive, I believe times are changing, secrets look for light, we are after all tools of some incomprehensible forces out there...

cheers!

Yeah I know.. i understand..
Still, even if you wouldnt have any problem at all with it..
The locals may very well have a problem with it.

It sounds as if they have had enough trouble with it..
Do you really want to be the next person to possibly bring more trouble to them?

That's all I'm saying.

Get into the mind set of the locals..
and ask yourself how you would feel if a foreigner came upon your land, you shared an 'important secret' with him,
then he went back to his own land, and felt it was ok to tell others who were "interested" where to go...
Bad things can happen this way... and I don't think I, or you would feel very great about it if something did happen.

Do you think that if you told the man who showed you the rock and told you the stories that " I will only share this info with those who are "genuinely interested" , That he would have been soo willing to share?

To be honest.. I don't.

And really...
What more is anyone else going to be able to learn/find out from visiting this rock?
Not much.. they will only get the reward of seeing it and knowing where it is.
Which in my opinion, is not even close to being worth sharing the info and risking whatever may come from said actions.

I'm sure the locals can ":sniff out a rat"..
But regardless.. Do you want to risk being the one responsible for sending the *could be* rat to their land?

edit on 28-5-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join