It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious carved rock rediscovered [first ever pictures and video on the Internet!]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I also saw that crack and asked the same question, supposedly it was made while trying to move it, I also asked if there was a quarry nearby and according to the general consensus there is nowhere to get stones that size nearby, there are some ancient settlements near, but none have any large buildings or pyramids, the closest place near here that has a large ancient settlement is Tajin info and pictures here you can clearly see that they have different stiles, of course anything is possible, what I was told though is that there was some sort of burial ground nearby, you can actually see small mounds covered with overgrowth nearby, he told me that they had dug a few feet in one of said mounds, until they gt to a layer of very hard rock and mud, and where unable to go any further, of course that is what they say!

cheers!
edit on 28-5-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Supposedly and you can see the old man making the gestures in the video, the other side had been carved in western script with the word "ADONIS".
He said some in his lineage had become warlocks or "nahuals" on their own just by being near the rock, some had even had "pacts with the devil".

Pretty far out, bu this things in out of the way places have a tendency to break the mold of our "operative continuum" they live and exist in"another reality" even when we share the "same spaces"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Please from Interest when you were speaking to the keeper, the person who gained "freedom from space & time" did he mention the story of what happened to the body,o or events.

Is there the cross cultural and historic records of "halo's" a Light body or ascending to space or the clouds?

Do you have the name of this person the Person who the tomb was for.

Elf

Yes he did, in fact his father in law, being the previous keeper, told him much of the "legend" supposedly the ancients studied the energetically disposition of the forms of nature spirits and inorganic incorporeals, (he used the term inorganic, I had heard the same term elsewhere in other circles BTW) and literally copied the general disposition of said beings, thus "transforming" into one of them, all traces of humanity had been lost, and all they cared for was knowledge.

Trust me, its far more incredible while being there in the middle of the jungle feeling goosebumps, while the man goes on with some pretty creepy tales...
Every once in a while the Nahual would appear and share some of the things it knows according to the tale, although when that happened tragedy was expected.

In 1995 a great flood took everything they had, in the city of Tuxpan and its surrounding areas, supposedly that was the last time the Nahual made an appearance to tell everybody to get to safety...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Nice find...well done

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

thats right I am also able to see the water motives everywhere, it seems as if water sprouted from its mouth, maybe some sort of aquatic deity or spirit, it has some fancy pants as well, and its hands are fin like, there are tales of people being able to turn into half monster half human things around the area, as I mentioned earlier they call them nahuales, and Nahuales with a capital "N" to the really powerful ones...

This place is surrounded by rivers and very close to the sea, so everything is possible!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

Not picking on you, per se ... but EVERY time I read something that starts off with, "this is not made up, this is REALLY true", etc., it instantly affects the credibility of what is said. When someone says, "I'm really not lying", odds are they are lying.

I clarified this issue because this is not a fictional account, at least regarding what I saw and heard, ATS is prone to hoaxes and fictional hearsay from time to time, doubt all you like, I´m not trying to convince anyone of anything, I just thought some would enjoy this weird rock in the middle of nowhere like I did, leaving all exaggeration and narrative flourishes for better occasion!

You can do some research by yourself and leave all doubt behind, I did....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectBlue
Hey. I noticed something in your pictures. I'm not an expert but this is what I see. Please try to follow my train of thought here, and tell me what you think.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

In the picture linked above, I see a skull on the very right of the rock. Moving to the left we see the "cthulu like creature." Look again. Those are arms folded across this figures chest.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

The picture above is what is to the left of the arms. I see two legs. What I'm getting at is that this carving is of a dead body. Which happens to match the story of the stone perfectly. What do you think?

Edit: Looking at the carving some more, I noticed that this figure appears to be wearing very fancy looking pants and shoes, but no shirt. Very odd. I wonder if these clues could help solve the mystery of the stone and its origins. I think I'll be doing some research tonight!
edit on 28-5-2011 by ProjectBlue because: moar infoz

yup, the fancy pants and belt, and the even strange "mask" with water coming out of its mouth seem to indicate some clear aquatic motives, the pants have a lot of detail so does the face.

The theory of being a discarded stone left by the masons is not too far out, and cannot be discarded at all, on the other hand we have its out of the way location and legends surrounding it , and the fact that indeed this place was considered "magical" of some sort by the ancients and the locals, tales of ghosts, Ufo´s , gnomes, elfs, and spirits are also not uncommon, things like that "happen" on a regular basis, so for them its not strange to truly believe that remnants from ancient times co exist with us.

if you have any questions I´ll be glad to answer them! cheers!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

posting this now so i can come back and see the pics. S and F for sure, we all neet to get out there and do our own investigations.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I agree with everything you have said, one must be very careful when dealing with locals and their beliefs, but on the other hand, the only way to be a part of the mystery itself is by being nosy and poking our heads where we haven't been invited! Its a risk we all must take, obviously, with respect and with as little impact as possible, either negative or positive, as one is the uninvited "guest"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
these things are literally all over south america and mexico

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
thanks for sharing such a cool story.

this is pretty interesting. So is this stone cursed?

If it is supposed to be a burial site I would treat that rock with a lot more respect. I would be scared to lay on it like that one fellow.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous
The subject is fascinating, and the film itself was pretty ravishing.

Things I notice:

On the side carvings, there are two inward-sloping cuts with high-precision edges. It seems to me to be improbable that they were made with a hammer and chisel.

The stone is not casually discarded, it is placed and aligned? Suggesting it wasn't scrap. Did you happen to note which direction it was oriented in?

The dude who was laying down, and later experienced flu-like systems should get himself checked for radiation poisoning.

thanks my space monkey friend, yeah it was supposedly aligned east-west, but since it was moved now its rests on a north south orientation, Ill put a diagram a bit later...

The dude that got the sore body discarded it as the logical symptoms of the temperature changes by going into air conditioned spaces and back to the extreme heat of the place, no one had any symptoms but him, so...
anything is possible!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

me too, I didn't even touch it, I felt goosebumps and a strange vibration in my body near the rock, and the uneasy feeling that some one was watching from the treetops.
It would be quite the experience going there at night that is for sure!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
Thank You OneEye. S & F for you. Tell me though, why do you say "rediscovered'? I read your OP but am still a little confused. Is it because foreigners have previously come and tried to take it away? Unsuccessfully?

exactly what I meant.
some people know that its there, but to my knowledge no one has ever documented properly, someone posted before that things like these are found in some rural areas, but the general rule is that the government officials or private collectors take them away, this one has survived all attempts of relocation on more than one occasion, and hopefully it stays that way for a long time to come.

I dont think its cursed, to me its more like, you cant take what its not yours, specially when there is someone to enforce that principle!
cheers!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

awesome links and info! thanks for sharing, the stargate thing aint odd at all, I´m sure our ancient brothers were capable of stuff we can only dream about nowadays!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
very interesting stone. it looks extremely old as the image looks to have been worn in more-so than many of the stone sculptures i have seen. the images are on the side of the stone, maybe there were images on the top but due to rain (and more recently in history, acid rain) they have been eroded away, and the side images are left because the waters drain less violently off the top and down the sides.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Awesome!
It's a strange feeling, that "juxtaposition" between our "space-times" isn't it?
Thanks for bringing this up!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was wondering if maybe this stone could be a part of the Rune Stone's that people have found all over the world
euroheritage.net...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The first thought that came to my mind when I saw the fish characteristics was Oannes the fish god, connected with Sumerian myths. Anyone else see this ,,, thus the Cthulhu feeling one gets when viewing. My opinion
Very nice find, I would have loved to have been there

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

nothing out of the ordinary in that carved rock typical Aztec style features. Not knocking you its a cool find but when i think about the situation i always think this kind of stuff is dumb stories by locals made to make foreigners dish out money. And 99% of the time I'm right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join