It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious carved rock rediscovered [first ever pictures and video on the Internet!]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Starred and flagged! Thanks for a great thread!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
reply to post by ZackMorris

Supposedly and you can see the old man making the gestures in the video, the other side had been carved in western script with the word "ADONIS".
He said some in his lineage had become warlocks or "nahuals" on their own just by being near the rock, some had even had "pacts with the devil".

Pretty far out, bu this things in out of the way places have a tendency to break the mold of our "operative continuum" they live and exist in"another reality" even when we share the "same spaces"

I recognize "Nahuals" from the Carlos Castaneda books.
In his writings it was spelled "Nagual" , and it meant pretty much what you've said..
It is the name given to a 'sorcerer', one who can see, visit, move through, and experience other alternate realities/dimensions, whatever one wants to call them. They can also manipulate "this reality" through their abilities to access other , alternate realities/worlds/etc/etc. They can 'shapeshift', manipulate physical matter in "impossible" ways, all kinds of things beyond "modern mans" understandings..

Very cool stuff.
Have you ever read any of his books?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Brilliant experience story, thank you for sharing. I would recommend contacting Legendary Times. www.legendarytimes.com... in regards to your data and findings.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Pretty cool.
The carving looks like a Viking with a Snow-Sledge.

See this, wich is an old Swedish rock carving.

edit on 2011-5-29 by tomten because: Added illustration

edit on 2011-5-29 by tomten because: spell check

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
nice find its amazing that the world still has undiscovered things

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Natives were kind enough to show it to you, but they did ask you to keep quite about it because they dont apreciate strangers snooping around. So why do you stab them in the back by publishing each detail about the place where one can find the artifact??

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
SnF and a cookie too.

Nice to see a new mystery come along once in awhile just like you mentioned OP. I thought we pretty much had drained the world. At least as much as knowing about them.
edit on 29-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
SnF and a cookie too.

Nice to see a new mystery come along once in awhile just like you mentioned OP. I thought we pretty much had drained the world. At least as much as knowing about them.
edit on 29-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Not terribly mysterious to find a carved stone in an area where carved stone is not common but not uncommon and their examples of other finds in the same style.

Drained the world? Nope less than 1% of the world has seen a proper archaeological survey done on it and a vanishing small number would apply to the sea. Expect much more to be found over the next centuries, lots and lots more from known civilizations and perhaps a few finds of small unknown civilizations

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
WOW this is cool!

It is weird I came across this thread. I have been looking up ancient rock walls and out of place artifacts like this online. I was also looking at trips to South America in the fall. I want to see these sites in person!

I like the story behind it and the mans dedication to take care of it. I believe there is a lot of truth in these kind of stories. Back in the day a mans word was worth more than it is today. I would respect this rock and all around it. I would't sit on it or touch it but admire it.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You are very lucky and I wouldn't tell anyone! People are not as trust worthy as they use to be.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

thanks for mounting the images like that, the whole being is clearly seen!
It is odd indeed, and without any other stones around to compare it with all we can come up with is conjecture and speculation, which of course is just what many modern archaeologists are left with anyway, after finding the odd stuff...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Thats the wonder of Google Earth, I too was amazed at how "close" we where to "civilization", and how hard it was to even locate the place even with directions, when they said -"yeah the house you are looking for is passing three streets down that way"..

The traditional definition of street did not apply here, yeah it may be farmland but at ground level things are completely different.
I personally invite you to come here and make the trip, you can see for yourself how "easy" it is to get there, and how "isolated" the place really is.
cheers!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

this was my main reason for sharing the material.
Why keep it for myself? why not tell the whole story?
I mean This is what ATS was built for right?

The Op was never meant to convince or sell or "try something", It was also a reminder that the mystery is out there, whatever form you decide it takes!
Thanks for your comments, really all we have to do is look for "it" "out there" but considering the odd state of current "reality" everything is possible, and who knows? maybe one day from our armchairs we will discover the secrets of the Universe! we already are, in a way!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I agree, but this rock is not, "open" to the general public, it rests on private property, people around the site dont like strangers snooping around uninvited, the old man taking care of it thought it twice before allowing us in, they dont charge for seeing it and we were allowed to take as much picture and video as we liked, he opened up because we were well recommended, and because I just love to hear about the "other side" and asked the right questions...

Not many locals even know about it!
As some poster mentioned why were we let in and allowed to do what we did, beats me! some things just "happen" when one actively makes an effort to "reconnect" to whatever it is we systematically ignore...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Yes I have read his books, I was hoping someone would notice the similarities between terms, I too was pleasantly surprised when things started to make sense, and perspective was given straight from the mouth of the sphinx.

That fact alone was for me the greatest mystery of all!

cheers!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

Hey, its not easy to get there, there are some details that I left out so the place cannot be identified that easily!
I did not stab anyone in the back, as the stone and everything it represents is the heritage of HUMANITY as a whole.

They may be its keepers, but all of us can learn and get a broader perspective on life and its mysteries, we share the same planet and will share the same future!

I wish to share the secrets, not keep them anymore!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That is amazing. I gave you a 'star'. Whatever that entails, I'm not sure, but I've seen others do it & felt obliged!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by saiconoclast

What can I say? I repay your actions with a star of my own to your reply, If only the results of our good actions where as tangible as this electronic stars we give out!

cheers!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

awesome match, we could see more clear the body of the man.
in fact i have a soft sense like this could be a representation of a dancer dressing as divinity, maybe that is the part over the shoulder (the few lines we can see because head really is missing) i mean it could be the rest of a kind of "tocado" as next pic example

man with tocado (dancer)

or by the other way we can see there in matched stone it could be a often and common god in those times, ie quetzatcoatl whom is represented in man form... the body easy to identify and the upper part over the soulder, could imagine the "head with feathers" borning from that mass of lines in the shoulder? where the head begin to miss. Who knows what was there as head!

quetzalcoatl

I mean quetzalcoatl was the same god for all mesoamericans cultures just with differents names (this name for the aztecas), dragon emplumado for some of them (olmecas, toltecas, zapotecas etc), kukulkan for mayas, in few words... la serpiente emplumada.
it was a shared god in all these prehispanic cultures.

Nice encounter to the OP, S+F i love all this stuff of mexican ancient heritage

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I got this out of Google, it seems like Tajin was where this happened:

Centuries passed ... And one day arrived at the site groups of people dressed in a unique way, bringing different customs, and other laws and other religions. They said to come from other lands beyond the great sea of ​​turquoise (Gulf of Mexico) and both men and women and children, had the power to be always smiling as if they were beings happy land and maybe the joy was that after a thousand hardships suffered in the stormy waters of a sea in turmoil had finally reached the tropical coasts, where there was everything, and fruits like wild animals, water and beautiful weather.

They settled in this place that gave his name, in their language and themselves Totonac Totonac said. But the priests, the seven priests to the cave of thunder were not consistent with that invasion of foreigners who brought with them a great culture and went to the cave to produce thunder, lightning and rain and torrential downpours to amendrentarlos. It rained a lot and for several days and nights, until someone realized that these storms caused seven of the magicians, the seven priests to the cave of thunder.

Not being friends of the violence, the Totonac boarded a small ship and providing them with water supplies and threw them into the turquoise sea where they were lost forever.

House of Thunder I´m your friend!

It seems water deities were held in very high esteem, the "being" in the stone does seem to be emanating water from the "mouth" to me the hands seem like fins, there are swirls carved in the stone that can be interpreted as a representation of water, being surrounded by rivers and flanked by the sea I can see how Their version of Tlaloc where as important as that of Quetzalcoatl itself...
Tajin is the closest large site near the carved rock...

very interesting...

edit on 31-5-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are so selfish. The site does not belong to you.

This is a common principle throughout history, where people that had access to little knowledge wanted to keep it from themselves, instead of sharing it with everyone.

What if Tesla kept the AC secret to himself? What if the plane inventor wanted to be the only human to fly? And so on...

People must evolve into a 'group consciousness' civilization. Those coming to Earth from the outside don't divide us in categories, they see us as one specie living together.

All barriers are imaginary, we are all one! Share the site and someone may discover something more about it, than just simple rocks laying on the ground.

~ Humans Are Love, Earth is Peace ~

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join