It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious carved rock rediscovered [first ever pictures and video on the Internet!]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gekados

my thoughts exactly!
why not share it with everyone? of course this is a two way street as it has the possibility of bringing some sort of harm to the community, but on the other hand, this belongs to all of us as a human collective, we are all the same...

I´m sure that if someone really cares they will make contact and gather the information regardless...

cheers! hoping for a unified concept of humanity!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
Thank You OneEye. S & F for you. Tell me though, why do you say "rediscovered'? I read your OP but am still a little confused. Is it because foreigners have previously come and tried to take it away? Unsuccessfully?

exactly what I meant.
some people know that its there, but to my knowledge no one has ever documented properly, someone posted before that things like these are found in some rural areas, but the general rule is that the government officials or private collectors take them away, this one has survived all attempts of relocation on more than one occasion, and hopefully it stays that way for a long time to come.

I dont think its cursed, to me its more like, you cant take what its not yours, specially when there is someone to enforce that principle!

I think you're quite right -- and people CAN get psychosomatic illnesses from simple suggestion.

It appears to be Mayan and not Aztec, though it's VERY hard to tell from the video. I wish there were some good quality photos of it. I'm not sure the original piece was finished. It's hard to see it as a sarcophagus lid (awfully big and thick.)

There's probably enough remaining detail to tell what it is if you posted it to a board where archaeologists who work Mexican sites hang out.

As you may have suspected, there was no such thing as a "warlock" to the old Mayans or Aztecs. That concept showed up after the Spanish did (when they thought any other religion was "demonic.")

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Howdy Bird

It looked Epi-Olmec to me, but really need better photos or better yet a good drawing of it

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeah the term "warlock" is European in conception, meaning male witch.
The correct term for naming the magically inclined is Nahual, and although it could be considered as just another way of naming shamans, actually it means something else entirely, all according to popular belief of course, who really knows?

Its too far north to be Mayan, it could well be Teotihuacano, as Tuxpan, or place of rabbits in Nahuatl (pronounced Tushpan), supposedly was where the Aztecs got their main source of fish, as it is only 5 hours east from Mexico City.
But since everything is possible, Xochicalco shows us that Mayan influence or cooperation was not uncommon amongst northern settlements, as the Temple of the Feathered Serpent, shows us some amazing carvings with both Aztec and Mayan styles, awesome!

I´ll see if something can be done with the pictures for clarity...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
You guys! The US Gov already knows where it is, didn't you hear the story? They flipped over! (wonder what the ground-facing side looks like...) That's probably how it got cracked... But my point is, THIS THING'S CCUURRSSEEDD!! I DOUBLE-Dogg-Dare you to go try to take it...

Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

Harte

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join