It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima melt-down worse than Chernobyl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

you really know nothing about geography....
were 5.5k ( a tincy bit more then 5.5k ) away.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

The situation at the quake-hit Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan appears to have fit into the worst predicted scenario. Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), which operates Fukushima, has officially admitted that fuel rods at the Fukushima reactors have partially melted, with a melt-down registered at one of the reactors. Remarkably, the announcement came on Tuesday when IAEA delegations arrived in Japan to inspect the power plant

TEPCO promised that the situation would improve within 6-9 months, while radiation levels would drop to normal in three months. However, in late April Japan`s Nuclear Safety Commission raised the nuclear threat level at Fukushima up to the highest seventh level. This level previously only applied to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster. This month TEPCO officials started revealing all data about the crippled Fukushima power plant.

Source

At what point do we become alarmed? At what point does it matter? The MSM has been relatively silent about the disaster, but at this point some are estimating it will lead to the deaths of 200,000. I think we need more international involvement, and I think the MSM needs to follow this closely.

I think you put it well; "at what point do we become alarmed". We are all in a state of denial right down to the leaders of TEPCO. The disaster is real but because we don't see an immediate change our impatient societies will fail to see what is happening to us. I'm p!$$3# about it. I have been looking at people I respected totally different seeing some of them disregard the happenings in Japan. Oh well. No need to test society anymore and see if we care; I think we have made it clear to tptb that we don't give a $#!+

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Can any of you guys take a look at this and tell me what you think........I spotted these large lights in other videos on Japan afew days after their EQK and Tsunami and was trying to figure out for the life of me what they were because it did'nt look normal:

Video 1: youtu.be...

Here's a close up....

Video 2: youtu.be...

Video 3: youtu.be...

Thanks

Good find, bluemirage5...

Any news on those videos?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
reply to post by snowspirit

you really know nothing about geography....
were 5.5k ( a tincy bit more then 5.5k ) away.

You're right, geography is not one of my strengths, lets hope they get the spewing of radiation under control some day, since it seems we're way closer than I thought....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The reason your government agencies have and are changing their guidelines about safe exposures, is that they know that they will NEVER met those targets again. They are now useless in every country in the Northern hemisphere.

The new "normal" is now above what the guidelines were the day of the Fukishima Melt Down.

This is roughly equivalent to knowing that you plowed your car through your house, but on paper you asked the land surveyor to say your house was 10 feet further back on your property. Your house is still totaled and so is your car, but it still looks good on paper.
edit on 2011/5/29 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There are a few reasons why people downplay this and pretend it's not as bad as it is.

#1) They have been trained to think that way by the MSM rhetoric.

#2) They actually did not do in depth research into the subject and discover thousands of interesting facts, thus their conclusions look like swiss cheese.

#3) They are so fearful that they will lie to themselves and play pretend its all gonna be fine in order to convince their minds to stop worrying about it.

I laugh at some of the posts that I read.

Look naysayers, if you want to try to downplay the subject go for it, but remember I and 20 others who actually have read into this subject and know a few tricks will come and school you and make you look the fool that you truly are.

"Oh it's just a local disaster". There are 1000 evidences that it's a global issue. How did those European nations detect radioactive signatures of the Fukushima fallout if it's just a "local" disaster? Magic?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join