It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest in Joplin...Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
One more stupid protest from those SOBs.

Controversial Westboro Baptist Church Plans Protest in Joplin

The controversial Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest President Obama's visit to Joplin, Missouri Sunday.
On its website, the church writes, "Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin." Church members claim Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has attacked them by promoting laws banning them from protesting at soldiers' funerals.

President Obama is planning to visit the tornado-ravaged city this Sunday. A memorial is also planned that day for the 125 people who lost their lives in the tornado.

The Westboro Baptist Church believes tragedies like the tornado are God's punishment on Americans for accepting homosexuality.

I have a bet with one of my friends of when someone will go postal against those people... this might be it.

But I do not wish harm on them since they are obviously a plant to create restrictions on the first amendment... I just cannot believe there would be people sick enough to do what they are doing. They are the ONLY group in the ENTIRE USA doing this kind of crap. If they weren't a plant, there would be many more.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Westboro.... painting a picture of Christian love everywhere they go.

eta>... To anyone living in or around Joplin. Would anyone really miss a few protestors....? Just sayin'
edit on 25-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I always wonder why they do not show up at the trials of people like Casey Anthony or Green River Killer or any number of murderers and pedophiles and other convicted scum of the Earth. This always boggles my mind.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No one is going to go postal on this hate cult because its not worth it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

the might not like what happens to them if they come to Joplin. I've seen on facebook groups of people planing to counter protest these sick people some groups are planing a peaceful counter protest and some are planning not so friendly counter protests.

As a resident of Joplin i hope these sick people do not come to my city. this is not the time to try and piss us off.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

i think you've got a safe bet there. it really shouldn't be long. showing up to mock and agitate folks who have just literally lost everything including family and friends? even westboro themselves oughta realize sooner or later people will put an abrupt and bloody end to their shenanigans. just takes one distraught individual with nothing to lose and this 'right to protest' idea could become a lot more risky. then people can show up and protest those funerals. its only fair, right?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Shameful. Truly, utterly, shameful.

"As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side." - Ghandi
edit on 25/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There is nothing christianly about this group of people! I think they all must be mentally challenged! It makes me sick!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
They better be careful or people will be standing near their graves saying

Thank God......They deserved to die a tragic death....

Fate/Karma/Life has a way of happening like that sometimes.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If you were the type of person who, for whatever reason, wanted to bring about the end of "free speech" in America, how would you do it?

Would you just outright criminalize it? I doubt it, as that would justifiably cause an unwanted uproar.

Instead, if you were so inclined, you might decide to just find a group of obnoxious, inbred goons to go around saying the most vile, disgusting, hateful things possible, all while calling themselves a "church."

If you were to do so, then eventually people might start to say, "You know, free speech is nice and everything, BUT, there should be a limit. We can't have THIS type of speech protected, right?"

From there. it's a long slide down a slippery slope. Just my 2 cents, but I think the whole WBC issue is a scam, a set-up. From my perspective, they appear to be protected and even encouraged. Because honestly, how could someone actually believe the things they profess to believe? Such stupidity should have been bred out of the gene pool long ago.

I just don't buy it. They are a little too over the top, a little too disgusting and horrible to be real. But of course, I could be wrong.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

This is exactly what the poor people of Joplin need to deal with. These haters coming to town and starting a bunch of crap while they are still trying pick up the pieces and locate the missing. If God did hand down judgement they would be the first to go. I have watched this continue and wonder when are they going to stop their insanity. That is the problem they are totally insane. We couldn't get so lucky a tornado would pick them up on the way to Joplin. You know like their own personal rapture.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow...

Ok... Look...

I'm Christian... My Family is Christian...

WE in NO way would ever associate ourselves
with the Extreme Fundamental Hate Group...
Known as Westboro Baptist Church...

In all honesty they do the opposite of what Jesus taught...

Anyone who even considers Westboro and their evil deeds just...
let alone actually be a member...

Should burn in hell...
Develop severe hemorrhoids
Or have their Gall Bladders suddenly become inflamed and full of Gall stones... now thats Hell on Earth!

I consider them the same as Harold Camping....
their purpose is to promote hate for Christians everywhere...
hoping Christianity will suffer... "Guilty by Association"

Even though anyone with a mind... a heart... a conscience
would not actually associate themselves with this group of
LUNATICS!

Our prayers go out to Joplin, MO and the rest of the World that has been effected by these disasters

edit on 5/26/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Does anyone ever protest THEIR "protests?" I have a great idea, which may possibly convince some of their members that they are wrong. Of course this wouldn't be a "Christian" thing to do, so if your problem with them is on a religious level, then this is not for you. It isn't really practical either, but ya know...

You have to find something out about a member of the group, or their leader...Or wait for something very destructive in their lives', such as medical issues, financial, etc, and go stand in front of their house or church with your protest group, and tell them that God hates them or something.

When you make it get personal like that, maybe they will think twice before doing it to others. Probably not though, as brainwashed as these people are.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
There is nothing christianly about this group of people! I think they all must be mentally challenged! It makes me sick!

Exactly... if WBC is so CHRISTAN like then perhaps they should put down the protest signs and oh I don't know let's say HELP the people of Joplin clean up and restart their lives!!! I mean THAT would be a far more Christian thing to do rather than spread hate to people who have just lost everything due to a natural disaster. I never could wrap my head around anything WBC has done but this just takes the cake. Then again the only thing the WBC can do is go after people who are already suffering and cause them more pain.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Of course those peopel are not Christians.

Christians forgive and try to get along with people.

Those scumbags are just real life trolls. Wouldn't surprise me if they were a FBI/CIA group to kill free speech.

Yeah they have free speech, but nobody sane would do what they are doing. They've got to be a plant.

Funny how those people can exert their ``free speech``... but when you call Netanyahu, Hillary or Obama on their BS, you get arrested?

Free speech only is really free when it's about baiting people to start violence so they can restrict free speech. Neo-nazi rallies are allowed and no one is arrested... we find out that most neo-nazis are FBI undercover agents... gee what a surprise. Those Westboro people are undercover agent provocateurs...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Of course those peopel are not Christians.

Christians forgive and try to get along with people.

Those scumbags are just real life trolls. Wouldn't surprise me if they were a FBI/CIA group to kill free speech.

Yeah they have free speech, but nobody sane would do what they are doing. They've got to be a plant.

Funny how those people can exert their ``free speech``... but when you call Netanyahu, Hillary or Obama on their BS, you get arrested?

Free speech only is really free when it's about baiting people to start violence so they can restrict free speech. Neo-nazi rallies are allowed and no one is arrested... we find out that most neo-nazis are FBI undercover agents... gee what a surprise. Those Westboro people are undercover agent provocateurs...

That is exactly the point I was trying to make above. It just doesn't add up.

I smell a set-up, and call BS on this "church."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Finally something Christians and Athiests alike can basically agree on: These people are vile.

You know what would really deprive them of their power? To simply ignore them. They thrive on negative attention -- literally, since its starting to appear their main source of income is suing people who get all riled up about them.

Westboro Baptist is a massive real-life troll. And as always, if you stop feeding the troll, the troll dies.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Here it is, PLAIN AND SIMPLE:
Westboro Baptist Church is to Christianity
AS
Al Qaeda/Taliban is to Islam

A bunch of deranged extremists and/or disillusioned slaves who are exploiting Faith/God/Religion to further their sick, hateful ideology/political beliefs.

I am a Christian- though it does not take a Christian to see that these lost souls are NOT...and I have no doubt that they will be dealt with, one way or another.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Again...do not give these idiots the attention they so desire. They're trolls. Don't feed them even though the idiot media may.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i am a bad christian

never claimed to be a good one anyhow

so if god is listening a tornado wipeing out those idiots would that be so bad?

just a hint in the right direction even heaven needs its morons well scratch that hell does.

nah i dont really wish that one those idiots even the merciful god has sympathy and compasion for those people.

thats why hes the big guy and we are mere mortals.

hate on christians all you want dont beleive in god all you want he beleives in you and loves you

yet another reason hes the big guy

of course that is if you believe in that sort of thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join