It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest in Joplin...Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If I lived in Joplin...

I think this event could be inciting of violence, and therefore might be expected to do so...and hope that some police officers willing to make a judgement (and take their time...) will fill the paddywagons with bloody Westboro migrants and haul them off for a night sleeping on the slab.

Distressed people can't be blamed. However the distressers can. At what point does 'free speech' become harassment?
edit on 27-5-2011 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
these religious wacko's should change their church name from westboro baptist church to westboro church of satan...they seem to worship death more than anything

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

I don't know for sure...seems to me like it could be pretty easy to call this one harassment.

(1): to annoy persistently (2): to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

I don't know where the law draws the line but it fits the definition pretty well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I truly hope one of the deceased's now homeless neighbors goes completely berzerk on one of these idiots.
A swift bashing to the skull with whatever is left from their roof will do nicely.

I never thought I could feel true hate, but these ppl take the cake. Part of me insists that they cannot be for real because I just cannot fathom how any group of people (let alone 1 guy), could be so incredibly wrong about every single thing they believe in.

Their children should be taken away as well. Those poor bastards never had a chance at life. They are being raised by brainwashed Jesus lawyers. That's the two worst kind of individual in one!

PS - Why is the word 'vitriol' so fashionable to use lately? What's the deal?
edit on 27-5-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Every time I hear/read about Westboro, I go back to my training. 7.62mm of diplomacy will work just fine. I won't do it because ammo isn't cheap and these "people" just aren't worth it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to tell the op why there are so few flags imho.

Sometimes when a subject is something that we cannot stand, the discussion moves along but the lack of flags means we dont like the subject.

In this case we do not like the westburrow church

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I must be confused about my interpretation of the constitution (I will say that I know mine is irrelevant and just an opinion) but I could have swore that freedom of speech does NOT protect incitefull verbage...

I could be wrong

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Unfortunately when it comes to protests i believe it allows for you to be in a public place and can protest towards your desired audience. Like with the military protests, they are within the law now as long as they are like 300 ft from private property and in public space. To bad their voices carry that hate.....I think the only thing we can hope for in them being stopped is an indefinite laryngitis cursed upon the lot of them.
One of their family members is apparently a lawyer so I think they get their bases covered on matters like this.

What scares me is the position they put their kids in and what someone might do. Hate is hate and no matter if they do it or we do it, it can make you blind and lash out. While I cant stand these people, their brainwashed kids are in danger everytime they go to these protests from people with just as much hate as the parents.
edit on 27-5-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They should enjoy the same freedom of speech as everyone in the country.
Now, if they are using that freedom of speech in a land-fill, tied by duct-tape, while getting picked at by sea gulls, then that's just icing on the cake.

By the way, I will use MY freedom of speech by calling them ignorant morons who drool and do inappropriate things to livestock.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

I am not surprised that they have a lawyer to cover just this sort of thing...lawyers and Westboro are all in the same class as far as I am concerned. The children of these extremist's are the true suffering ones though for certain, and it always seems to be the case that the innocent are the ones to suffer the most.

I completely support the First Amendment and all that it protect's, only because it is going to be the last weapon of defense we have when our country comes crashing down around us. Sadly though, to support the First Amendment, I have to support these idiots in their right to protest whatever they choose, and while I am against everything they stand for/against, I am stuck knowing that it is the very same rights that protect them, that also protect me.

It's a very hard thing to stand on a line like this one...it's one nobody wants to cross really. Do you support them...well they are idiots and are WRONG in everyway, but yes I do support their rights as long as they stay within the law. See what I mean? What does one really do and how do you go about doing it? To say no I don't support them protesting is to be saying that I don't intend to protest anything either, and that is simply not the case, when the time comes my poster and voice will be among the crowd, and like Westboro, their are going to be people that hate what I stand for (although it will probably be the goverment hating me), but either way, my voice is going to be heard...and sadly so is Westboro's voice as long as they operate within the perimeter of the law.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hmm... I live in Sedalia. I might just have to take a trek over to Joplin on Sunday. I'm not much for counter-protesting - that's not very gratifying. I'd like to catch one of these clowns alone and rip apart their psyche to figure out what in the world leads them to the conclusions they do.

Trying to discuss anything with them while in a group would be fruitless unless you plan to commit genocide. Which... honestly - wouldn't be all that objectionable to me, but I recognize that it's generally frowned upon to kill people you find to be excruciatingly annoying (but not threatening). It's also a shame because there are some pretty cute girls who have somehow been drawn into this bunch of crazies.

I'm not going to spout off some righteous appeal to the constitution. These people are friggin' annoying and so inappropriate as to not be tolerated. When the counter-mob decides to run these clowns off - that's a speedy trial by one's peers.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Patriot Guard

I wish these guys and gals would be there as well. I wonder if they would show up even though its not their exact cause.

edit on 28-5-2011 by psyko45 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
When is this evil group going to be labled as a Terrorist origanization? This goes beyond the bounds of free speech to blatant attacks and wishing death upon anyone who disagrees with them.

This is sick. This group is nothing but a wing of Satan hiding behind the cloak of Christianity.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
No one is going to go postal on this hate cult because its not worth it.

For now, but at what point do they make it worth it?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It seems those people got their butts kicked... hard...

From facebook... I don't know if it's reliable...
Counter protest westboro coming to joplin

Well, its already starting..as you know the WBC parasites are in Joplin today..or TRYING to get into Joplin today, and that person that is supposed to be the Commander and Chief of our country is going to be there, as well..anyhoo..

Joplin is my home town, I moved 4 years ago to central Missouri, but I have family and friends there who are keeping everyone abreast of what is going on.

Here is what has already happened to the WBC scums..this is just too good to be true!
)..

A biker friend here in Oklahoma just posted this on their facebook "Westboro church pukes 0 Joplin Bikers 1, he's on the way to ER!" and when asked what happened replied with this. "not sure, a large crowd beat him, then a cop taz'd him, then they loaded him up in the meat wagon. Next time he'll keep his thoughts to himself!"

They also tried to get pizza at a local restaurant last night and they refused to serve them. The entire town of Joplin establishments are refusing them service..I can tell you one thing..they picked the wrong town ..people of Joplin are tough, they ban together..and they wont be very happy protesting there..they might even go home in body bags..we have ALOT of bikers

Mwahahaha for once they got what they deserved.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join