It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest in Joplin...Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The one thing I can't wait for, is for idiots like this to find out that God doesn't hate gays, doesn't hate military, or any other of the ridiculous things they hate. Even bigger surprise for them, would be to find out they've been working for the devil this whole time.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I always wonder why they do not show up at the trials of people like Casey Anthony or Green River Killer or any number of murderers and pedophiles and other convicted scum of the Earth. This always boggles my mind.

I bet if you look into the member list you will find pedophiles murders.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I always wonder why they do not show up at the trials of people like Casey Anthony or Green River Killer or any number of murderers and pedophiles and other convicted scum of the Earth. This always boggles my mind.

I haven't been able to find one case of them protesting anything like you have stated. Which is crazy considering this:

Phelps and his family picket approximately six locations every day, including many in Topeka and some events farther afield. On Sundays, up to 15 churches may receive pickets.[11] By their own count, WBC has conducted over 30,000 pickets, in all 50 states, in over 500 cities and towns.[12]

Source

They have weird priorities too. Aside from the military funerals and all the anti-gay protests they choose things like Lady Gaga, Obama's kid's school, twitter, suicides, comic book conventions, MLK JR's widow, and Swedish vacuum cleaners.

The Westboro Baptist Church picketed a local appliance store (they’re based in Topeka, KS) for selling Swedish vacuum cleaners. According to the church, God hates Sweden because Sweden prosecuted a pastor who was critical of homosexuality.
Source

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can not stand people like this. People/"Christians" like them are the main reasons that I gladly no longer follow that religion. How many different branches of Christianity and other religions choose to follow the verses that they want to, to accomplish their agenda, and ignore the rest. This particular group needs to read the part in the bible that says, Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again, and Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. On a legal note, I think that they should jailed for spreading their message of hate, and that is what it is, a message of hate. They hide behind the First Amendment, but the First Amendment does not protect hate speech. They feel that since they are empowered by "god" that they can say whatever they want to. Hopefully they finally get what they deserve in Joplin.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

What the hell is wrong with them? Do they need to protest E V E R Y T H I N G?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Because they are probably far leftist commy/CIA plants aiming to demoralize Christians and reduce our rights of freedom of speech and right to peaceful assembly.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

Yes in fact Im pretty sure they have a 'God hates everything' sign somewhere, probably being saved for 2012, they will then make a 'Thank God for 2012' beforehand just to incite more fear/hate. With colorful signs of course.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't care what religion these people follow, they are a true disgrace to the human race.
They're just a bunch of racist, homophobic, bigoted, closed-minded, delusional fools.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
For Fred Phelps, I do not believe that any of this is actually about Christianity, gays, soldiers, God, death, or any of the other many many things which he protests and rants about.

There is actually something wrong with him.

He doesn't operate like a normal human being. None of the rationalizations, lessons, retaliations, reasonings will ever work on him. In fact, they will most likely elicit a reaction which is exactly opposite of what a normal human being would do.

Have you ever known or met someone who's reality, inside their head, is exactly the way they say it is...no matter what kind of evidence you present? What about someone who can think of things to do to you beyond all comprehension...things which never, in a million years, would ever occur to a normal human being. Things which just leave you sitting there thinking..."what the H just happened here?".

Fred Phelps is this kind of person.

Anything which you could think to do to him he most likely has already thought of, planned for, and has made certain that whatever it is will hurt you 100 times more than it will him.

His entire family is made up of lawyers, department of corrections employees, sheriff's department employees, and juvenile corrections employees. He makes people so miserable in his home town that they have just given up and try to just avoid him and stay out of his way at all costs.
Source from this ATS Thread

A grieving father of one of the soldiers, whose funeral Phelps picketed, even lost a court case against him and had to pay $116,000 to Phelps!
Source

I truly have no idea how or IF Phelps can be redirected. Just realize that he is playing by an entirely different set of rules than the rest of us.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
125 ? .. it might be a thousand !!

1600 people are still unaccounted

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If I were them, I would NOT mess with the good people of Joplin simply because sometimes, those who have lost everything have nothing left to lose.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yeah they might bite off more than they can chew on this one. However I would say they wont actually be allowed in Joplin as it's destroyed and you even need a permit to go into certain parts.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

They do this whole thing to upset people who are emotional and likely to lash out so they can sue them.
It's all a scam.

They picketed my high school years ago when I was a attending.
edit on 26-5-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I agree totally. Any group as ridiculously obnoxious and cruel as the Westboro bunch cannot be authentic. Their entire facade smacks of a psy-op to destroy free speech by taking it too far.
Of course if they were to suffer a bus accident while en route to Joplin I;m sure no one would shed a tear for these cretins.

I need to make some T-shirts that say GOD HATES WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I want one....

Seriously. If you do it I'll buy the first 5.

Who's next.

(you just might be onto something..... ;0)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The sad thing is, this is upsetting residents to the point they feel they NEED to counterprotest. With all the devastation and missing people, the energies spent doing this are wasted when they could be helping others in dire need. I have people I know in and around Joplin who are working so hard to organize for the counterprotest and I asked them why not just ignore them and lend a hand where It's needed. The answer was because these people need to be stood up to. Priorities are definitely not in order.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
All I can say is that they do not know Missouri. I do not think that they will survive the Tornado of 5/22/11

RIP Westburrow.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's always interesting to me to see the hypocrisy of religion when discussions such as this arise.

The pseudo-Sunday "believers" will be the first to claim that "THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD!!1" but once some fringe group who believes in that same god steps up, the rhetoric suddenly changes to "THEIR GOD IS NOT MY GOD!!1"

So which is it? The god that gets off on torture/humiliation/suffering/death or the one who gets off on torture/humiliation/suffering/death in the name of "LOVE"?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What an awesome display of their First Amendent rights...to bad they are idiots...imagine how much change could occur in this country if some rational, people in their right mind took this kind of stance against the real injustices that are happening today.

It's hard to believe that some serious harm has not already come to the people of Westboro...they were ran out of our town and have not been back since...and we are a pretty tolerable bunch in this town.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just do what some clever people did to them once already. Find what hotel they will be staying at, park big trucks behind all of their vehicles, let towing companies know to take an extremely long time to show up (or not at all), once the event they want to protest is over move your trucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join