It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest in Joplin...Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
What an awesome display of their First Amendent rights.

This is not a display of the First Amendment. The First Amendment does not cover hate speech. Hate speech is any communication that disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristic In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group. These people should be charged to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by littletheif203

I don't agree with their movement...calm down...I am just saying that they do have the right to do what they are doing according to the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[/

I don't think what they are doing is in any way, shape, or form right...or more specifically...I don't think what they are protestig is right but the right to peacefully protest is protected. Same with the freedom of speech...I don't have to like homosexuals and I can say that...it wont be recieved well...regardless I have the right to say that and as long as I do not infringe on someones civil liberties then it's okay (hypothetical, it is not okay...and I have nothing against homosexuals) for me to say that.

It's a nil issue...I am against these idiot's all the way around...to hell with their rights...what was I thinking?
edit on 26-5-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Time to stop advancing the cause.

Ignore these people and they will go away.

Every post, every media story, makes them stronger.

If the media ignored them like they ignore Obama's Connecticut Social Security Number and forged birth certificate, they would go away.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just adding my .02 in agreement with a few others..

These people are not Christians. Its an OP and its being played on YOU and I.

Im NOT a christian and even I can see these people are just like others who use the bible or some belief system to wrap themselves in the protection afforded to religious orgs, but pervert things to meet their agenda. Im not usually overly paranoid or see conspiracy everywhere... sort of a skeptic... but iots pretty obvious that this is a controlled op with an agenda.
If you are on hating xtians.. YOU are playing into their hand and ignorant of methods of manipulation. FFS.. pass the word and dont aid them in whats being pulled on you. That would be an erosion of yoru religious rights and freedom of speech.

Personally, I feel like others.. just get rid of them. I see no benefit for them to be around. However, Im not dumb enough to play into their hands. This is the perfect arena ( Joplin) to further their agenda.. these people are traumatized and stressed. Theyre already on the edge more than the folks they harass at funerals. This may be the perfect catalyst for them and far be it from them to miss an opportunity.

IMO.. the rights concerning freedom of speech do NOT cover this BS. Read the damned thing. These people engage in verbal assault and intimidation... and dont just peacefully stand around shouting nonsense and holding stupid signs. The law does not equate incendiary speech with free speech.. but it seems some can not grasp this.. though this is being used separate from the adequate and existing law to slide this one in : thehill.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'd like to see a good ole' fashioned shunning at one of their protests. You know, the ones where all the anti-protestors show up then simply turn their backs. Westboro isn't worth my face time.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Can't the feds plant a meth lab or 10 on WBC property and then bust the lot of them?
I mean everyone thinks they are goons and no one would give a damn if they were all locked up through a fake raid IMO.

I know they claim to be using their right to free speech,but they are actually vile nasty people who take pleasure in creating suffering in the community-I mean what decent person would turn up at a funeral of a serviceman/woman and spread the sort of filth WBC does?
What decent person would encourage/brainwash little kids to hold such vile sentiments?
They are as bad as the Taliban IMO.

Should free speech be allowed to be used as a shield by people who intend to cause suffering?
I would say no.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Should free speech be allowed to be used as a shield by people who intend to cause suffering?

No it should not but how often is it used for just this purpose. Think about it...who is using this freedom of speech to cause you suffering in your life? Sadly too often it is though, and it's shameful...does the press use freedom of speech to cause you suffering? If the press lies to you intentionaly and harm comes of it...they have caused you suffering and because it is happening everyday, all over the country, and in just about everyway, it goes without saying that not alot of folks are up in arms about that. Why not?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

You think the WBC members should burn in hell? Even the Kids?

I thought you were a Christian? Jesus had something to say about judging other people. You want these people to be tormented for eternity for calling people names and disrupting funerals? Are their actions condemnable? Of course.. but eternal torment?

"Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, 'Let me wash your face for you,' when your own face is distorted by contempt? It's this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor." -The Message

or if you don't like that one how about one from my other favorite Wizard Gandalf

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Actually you are wrong. The US is one of the only countries in the world where hate speech is protected.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
One more stupid protest from those SOBs.

Controversial Westboro Baptist Church Plans Protest in Joplin

The controversial Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest President Obama's visit to Joplin, Missouri Sunday.
On its website, the church writes, "Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin." Church members claim Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has attacked them by promoting laws banning them from protesting at soldiers' funerals.

President Obama is planning to visit the tornado-ravaged city this Sunday. A memorial is also planned that day for the 125 people who lost their lives in the tornado.

The Westboro Baptist Church believes tragedies like the tornado are God's punishment on Americans for accepting homosexuality.

I have a bet with one of my friends of when someone will go postal against those people... this might be it.

But I do not wish harm on them since they are obviously a plant to create restrictions on the first amendment... I just cannot believe there would be people sick enough to do what they are doing. They are the ONLY group in the ENTIRE USA doing this kind of crap. If they weren't a plant, there would be many more.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

But God doesn't punish...we could only punish ourselves....

these people need to all jump off a cliff

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I always wonder why they do not show up at the trials of people like Casey Anthony or Green River Killer or any number of murderers and pedophiles and other convicted scum of the Earth.

I guess their version of the faith allows for pedophilia and murder, just not gay sex. This is something I never got. If god is the one who passes down final judgment, where the hell do these guys get off doing this, isn't that a sin in itself? Aren't they attempting to usurp gods authority over man?

Seriously, if they think they are right, and they obviously do, then all the people they hate are going to hell either way, why waist their breath?

Why do some fringe groups latch onto religion and distort it so badly?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
if god was really interested in punishing the wicked, he would have spawned an F10 super vortex and sucked Washington and all its evil off the map, not went after real god fearing hard working gentle folks.

if god truly exists i prey he strike down the evil that invades these hollowed grounds with one mighty strike of his godliness and make all us onlookers popcorn

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

Actually you are wrong. The US is one of the only countries in the world where hate speech is protected.

Laws prohibiting hate speech are unconstitutional in the United States, outside of obscenity, defamation, incitement to riot, and fighting words. What they say, and their protests not just angers people, but can easily star a riot, or lead to fights breaking out, just as one of groups in Joplin has that said that they would do if they come there, so they could be charged in these incidents.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What a bunch of idiots. I don't care if they are government plants, religious nuts, a cult or just plain stupid. There's this thing called Karma, and I can't wait till these fools reap the whirlwind that's headed their way. They are way overdue for a Karmic foot up their bums.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You know, they are not letting in people who lived there yet. Plus you have to fill out a form and show ID that you belong there. Are they going to be allowed in?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Instead of drawing attention to scum like this we shouldn't even create news/threads about these people. Any sort of recognition is what they are looking for and by creating news articles and threads on them you are giving them exactly what they want.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow these people are pretty screwed up. Maybe they will make their own rapture date, then when it doesn't happen, lie in beds after downing a nice cocktail. Then they will get to pass through "heavens gate".

Deebo

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I always wonder why they do not show up at the trials of people like Casey Anthony or Green River Killer or any number of murderers and pedophiles and other convicted scum of the Earth. This always boggles my mind.

There isn't any shock value in that.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
these westboro nuts are really trying to incite violence...they honestly should be locked up for it...it amazes me at how hateful they are...can't wait til they die and find themselves in their own version of hell because they obviously are not lovers

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You know what I dont see?

I don't see swarms of people using their identical first amendment rights AGAINST these people.

If I had a vested interest in their demise, I would be staging day in and day out protests right at their facility, thus making it nigh impossible for them to get out and get food, nevermind other essentials......lines so thick that....well, you get the idea.

Hmmmmm now if I were one to want to turn it all around.......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join