It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest in Joplin...Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by littletheif203

I am not really familiar with the laws in America regarding this but I couldn't agree more. Free speech is one thing, but when it is used to incite violence etc, surely there is a law against that.

I get so angry whenever I read about this vile group of scum. I cannot comprehend how they have managed to get away with their hate spew for so long. I abhore violence, but I know if I was confronted with such inhuman filth I don't believe I could ignore them and turn the other cheek. In fact, when I think about it, I don't think anyone I know could do this, even my mother!!

I am so glad they don't waste space in Australia. Maybe we should invite them over and they can see how far they get????

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunsetatdawn
reply to post by littletheif203

I am not really familiar with the laws in America regarding this but I couldn't agree more. Free speech is one thing, but when it is used to incite violence etc, surely there is a law against that.

I too, get so angry at the vitriolic nature of their protests. But go back to what VariableConstant said in an earlier post, if there WAS a group whose goal was to limit free speech, what YOU just said right there, would be the exact response they would want to hear from US residents.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Do not gloat when your enemy falls;
when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,
or the LORD will see and disapprove
and turn his wrath away from them. - Proverbs 24: 17-18

What I wonder is where do these people get their money? After watching the Louis Theroux interviews, they are very well established with money. There's something not right about their little organization, other than the fact they turn people further from God with utter hate. Who turned to God because He hates them? God loves you! He hates our self-serving and unloving ways.

If they loved their fellow man, the death of them would grieve their heart. They show no empathy.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Yes your right. It had never occured to me that there could be a hidden agenda behind such a foul group. I had just assumed they were simply another stench that needs to be erradicated.

If this is the case, we have a much bigger and dirtier problem on our hands. I say we , because even though I am on the other side of the world, we are all in this together.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sunsetatdawn

Oh I agree! We all ARE in this together....this can permeate continental borders, our problem today is yours tomorrow and vice versa.

I'm not so sure I would go as far to say that this IS the case, but I am certainly open to it being a possibility.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I would say more of a probability.

One example, and I may be a bit off topic here for which I appologise, is that we are experiencing certain groups ( race wise ) who feel it's ok to come to our beautiful country and purposely target white Australians with their hate.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against welcoming immigrants, but when they refuse to assimilate and adopt our county's way of life, why bother coming in the first place. I realize it's not the majority, but the minority certainly leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I also realise it's not always the first generation of immigrants, but the second, third etc. I just hate to see the Aussie way of life being slowly eradicated.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It may be a bit off topic, but not completely.

For the record, I categorically condemn what the West Boro Baptist Church is doing in every single facet of what they do. (my on-topic part)

Now, to respond to what you've said, a little bit of my personal history.

I grew up in the jungle, the cement jungle to be precise. One that was so diverse in it's culture, that hate and intolerance of other groups were a way of life. Looking back though, I'm GLAD I was able to grow up around all of that hate (and like in your case, it was mostly hate against people like ME, white, not poor). The group of guys I ran around with though, were all either black or latino. It gave me unprecendented perspective on other culture, but ALSO showed me something else....what their own intolerance consisted of. Getting into too much of that detail here is counter-intuitive but trust that I did, in fact, get a great perspective on it. Their largest gripe was against the asian community (which was primarily Korean) ....

Anyway, to make a long story short (yes I know, it's already quite late for that), what did have a bit of merit was this, that why should the Korean community have road signs, literature, a whole suite of allowances for them to NOT appreciate the reasons for coming to this country in the first place....the pervasive question being, why didn't you just stay where you were?

As an American, I wish people who want to come here would equally want to BECOME American... not the (little Korea that inevitably formed) comfort of the country they used to call home.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Thank-you for sharing your honest and candid response. This shows that hate can manifest in different ways but it all boils down to the same rotten bottom line. Get a group of like-minded individuals together who relish in seeing pain inflicted (phsycological or physical) and you have one very nasty picture forming.

I am not saying we all have to love one another, that is completely unrealistic, but just have a basic feeling of tolerance towards our fellow man would go a long way to improving our world.

The golden rule, taught to me which I passed to my children is treat others the way you would like to be treated. So simple.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Oh they will get what's coming to them. Eventually, (hopefully a distressed group of people from Joplin) will beat them senseless. I know if I had just lost my family, my home, and everything and that bozo showed up with signs saying "thank god..." I would probably go postal. Some of those poor people have lost everything, and a jail sentence wouldn't seem too bad. I think the rest of America would consider it justified to at least beat the crap out of them, and probably would celebrate them for doing it. I think any jury would let them off the hook with a temporary insanity plea, as long they didn't kill them, just severely beat them. I hate to say it, but that is most likely what it is going to take for this stupid pastor and his flock to stop shaking every beehive they can find. If they get stung bad enough, they will stop shaking beehives.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The WBC are the single-most successful real world troll organization in America today. Kinda makes me wish the real world had Mods, then we could just unleash the banhammer and be done with them

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I agree. It is simple. It's the same thing I teach to my kids as well. Why can't everyone just do that? It would make the world a much easier place to live in.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No!!! We should definitely not limit free speech.....c'mon people!!! Let them talk...let them protest...and when it comes down to it...let them get a good butt-kicking! That is all that is needed here! A good butt-kicking. I think if someone were to just rearrange the face a little bit, He would be too much of a coward to ever stir up trouble again. If he did....it may require another butt-kicking. But eventually it would stop for fear of the beatings. I am moving down that way in a few weeks. Who knows...maybe I'll oblige...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I love living in the USA.

Why not protest Westboro and make their lives hell?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I love living in the USA.

Why not protest Westboro and make their lives hell?

I wished I lived closer to Joplin.

I think I could bring about five or six hundred from our church to encompus this group and pray for them. This would isolate them from the town folk.

Westbrook -- Westbrook

This sounds like a lovely place for a "gay-pride" parade.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One thing I've thought about and someone told me it has happened but I honestly haven't looked it up to see for sure...a human barricade around mourners at funeral homes, cemetery's etc...dress in black, turn your back to the mourners to respect their privacy and just smile at the westboro morons.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It smells like some people are expanding on practicing thier First Amendment rights if I am not mistaken!

Exploring what is and what is not legal in this country is fun and exciting if your really intending on getting involved in making a difference...it's pretty tough to do from behind a keyboard now days and more people need to be out and about really being heard.

If Westboro can protest, then by God, and with your Constitutional rights, you can protest against Westboro if you so choose, and of course have the motivation...there in lays the question.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome

No!!! We should definitely not limit free speech....

Hmmm Ok, I agree, why are you telling me this? LOL

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Sorry...I meant to reply to the same person you did....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I can definitely see some poor man who no long has a wife or child/children and no home left putting an end to these mutants.

Can't say I would shed a tear.

Karma's a bitch. You make it your life's mission to cause others misery...well what goes around comes around.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Lately I just keep thinking of these people as vampires. If there's a hell...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join