It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Those parents must have major bank to be allowing that little girl to splat, and dump out all those bottles of paint everywhere!

Some of the color combos were nice to look at, but I've always considered abstract art to be highly annoying. I know this has been said before, but there are people who make major $ off of splattering a bunch of paint everywhere. The people splattering all that paint and calling it art are making a LOT of $$ from fooling people.

It would be nice to see some of these people actually earn their $ via some semblance of hard work for a change.

PS: it's good that the little girl is having fun tho.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

when did i say i thought everyone should be a politician or scientist...?

you are jumping to conclusions based on me mentioning the need for more children to become interested in topics that are realistically relevant to their near future, such as renewable energy.

sure, we could praise and fund children to throw paint around and be happy all day, but what about when the adults turn to elders and die without promoting the knowledge needed to survive when say, oil runs out. or the electric company doesnt "magically" have unlimited electricity.

or there are food shortages.

or etc, etc...

you think a "master artist" will have much of a chance?

sure art is important and beautiful in it's own ways, but to be promoted as a "primary area of knowledge" in these times is completely unrealistic.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

S & F

What an amazing story. Thank you for posting something other than the usual Gloom and Doom. I enjoyed watching her create her pieces. Sure some will say she is just slopping paint about but if they re watched the video and look at her face while she is drizzling they hopefully will see the look of inspiration in her eyes and on her face.

I'm glad her parents are supporting her in this. If more parents did this I believe we wouldn't have many of the problems the modern world has. Notice again how she is being naturally creative instead of sitting in front of the TV or online in a vegetative state.

edit on 25-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

youre glad for the parents,

i assume you googled their names and saw their other sexual psycopath film productions?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

It disgusts me and leaves me *almost* speechless that you cannot appreciate anothers passion for what it is. Are you ignorant to the fact that so many people appreciate and admire her work to be able to come along and say she's no prodigy?

If you cannot see the beauty in her work would you sooner recognize a child violin prodigy? Why because you can tell there is some talent there because it sounds like music? So does this not look like art to you? And if it does not look like art to you, what does it look like?

If you are going to say it looks like a girl throwing paint around you either aren't very observant in watching her actions as she paints and you also aren't aware of the passion she has put into it.

I just don't understand or agree with your point of view or lack of view I guess.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by j3n9ls31dy
oh yes the art is great, i really enjoy it, it is attractive to the eye, and i'd grin from ear to ear to be able to show this in a gallery.

I sense sarcasm.
You'd be very welcome to come to my dream gallery and wave your arms about while making disparaging comments about what is on display. You will be able to take up a whole page in the comments book and will not be required to put a dollar in the donation jar.

However, you may not touch nor fling spittle upon Aelita's fine works.

oh by the way, google search the copyright owners of her work.

you might find their previous film creations...... just as interesting.

Off topic. Maybe start a seperate thread on them in the Movies/Political Issues forum? I'm not interested in those around her, not even little Aelita herself all that much, but I am interested on those amazing panels she's done.

I'm reminds of a 4 panel set I did some time ago measuring 4x8 feet. The first 2x4' panel was complete chaos! Dribbes and splashes of thick and varied hot colours flung from a brush at a distance, it was supposed to represent the Big Bang. The second panel of the same size was all brush strokes, mostly blues and reds, showing a cooling universe. The third was spots and dots of dark blue and hot reds, but included a few large round globs of whitish yellow or green and blue, representing suns and planets. The final panel was a finely detailed perspective of a checkerboard plane with an arched golden rainbow across it.

Once assembled, this work would be 8' high and 4' wide and mounted on the wall with chaos on the bottom and order at the top.

Aelita's work is very similar to those first three panels in more ways than I want to explain. As long as I live. I will never allow that piece to go up for sale because I consider it one of my best works. If I do display it, it will have a 'NFS' on the tab.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This topic is about a child that has genuine talent. Your response was to throw a bunch of off-topic dribble about what needs to be done, what should be done, clean energy and whatnot.

If you don't like her art, don't look at it; critique the art itself instead of throwing about your frustrations with the system. How do your arguments about the system correlate to an artistic child? This is like bringing character attacks in response to facts; it's ignoring the topic.

Watch the video clip, think you can do it so easily? Let's see your artistic spatter.

If you are so frustrated with the system, then YOU become a politician or scientist.

Pick any famous or talented artists you care to name. They would never have manifest their skills if a grownup yelled at them as a four year old child about clean energy and ethics.

She's a kid. She's talented. Go argue energy, politics, and ethics in one of those kind of topics.

Instead of seeing a child enjoying herself, you see reasons to express your anger with the world. That should be a red flag indicator to increase the Love in your heart.

Yes the world could be better, but just because it's not perfect is not a good reason to overlook good things in the world.
May Peace be upon you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Kudos for following your dream and congratulations and best of luck with your gallery...

Admittedly, I don't connect with abstract art often. I tend to find it a bit of a sensory overload, but I will always appreciate the work and devotion and sense of self an artist would put into creating a piece and every now and again, will run across something that is truly inspirational.
edit on 25-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

that is honestly comparable to stating the following:

"oh yes the federal reserve is great! it prints the money that i use to live with!"

do you know who owns it?

"nope! that's off topic i dont care"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bdizzl3

i saw her face while throwing the paint, it looks comparable to a child the same age playing in the sand at recess.

you, along with the others here that are arguing, are mistaking "prioritization" with "yelling and hatred".

silly, really.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

There is no mistake... it's Your priority, not hers, that you are pushing here...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thank you j3n9ls31dy for taking this wonderful story of a child's creativity and myopically turning into some sort of retardedly lame half-Assed social soap box so you can spew your holier than thou self absorbed ignorance about. Sure, there are other pressing things going on in the world. Sure, her parents may have created other forms of expression that a few may see as questionable yet. I don't see her crying or being abused in any way.

Trust me as a parent who has raised two children to healthy adulthood. If a child didn't want to do something they'd dig in their heals and rebel. She has a look of focus and creativity. In the old days a father would take his son to work with him to learn a trade. The family would profit from the child's labor while he learned something of value to others. Was that exploitation? or simply teaching the child? The world will survive if this child doesn't have to learn how to survive the ignorantly myopic Gloom and Doom scenario you are apparently living in.

Give it a rest, Or better yet grow a pair and write your own thread about it instead of trying to hijack this one.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by masqua

that is honestly comparable to stating the following:

"oh yes the federal reserve is great! it prints the money that i use to live with!"

do you know who owns it?

"nope! that's off topic i dont care"

Yes, you're right. Creating art is quite like printing money. Very appropriate comment. Artists dribble paint and *ka-ching*.

You should try it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i smell sheep

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well since it's not her priority to handle the federal reserve or any of the other global issues you brought up, let her enjoy her art and let it inspire those who observe it.

You come across as both insensitive and ignorant by trying to take down a 4 year old's work and by trying to bring light to other issues which if you haven't read this forum, there are many places to talk about and many who do talk about those things.

I am unsure why you took the time to observe a thread about art and also took the time to write so much about things that are unrelated. A waste of energy trying to blast a little girls passion and tell people what they should be focusing on from my perspective.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

i smell sheep

Baa-a-a-a

I smell the stuff sheep left behind after a day of munching in the fields. I see those little dark brown droppings on the neatly cropped greens as perhaps another inspiration for Aelita.

Hope she's reading these comments.

*waves*

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm mighty impressed by the little girl's love of art. That being said, if I created any of these I would be laughed out of every gallery on the planet. I am willing to bet her age has more to do with the popularity than the content of her art. Not trying to be a downer, as I said, keep embracing the young woman's love and talent and let it blossom.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
if I created any of these I would be laughed out of every gallery on the planet.

Are you a creative artist then?

As an aside, in my memory, no-one has ever been laughed out of any gallery that I know of. Rather, they are either disqualified by the jurors of the show or just never asked.

I am willing to bet her age has more to do with the popularity than the content of her art.

I'll admit her young age has easily played a part in her fame. However, the panels themselves do stand on their own. I've seen much worse art done by adults trying very hard to be jackson Pollocks.

Not trying to be a downer, as I said, keep embracing the young woman's love and talent and let it blossom.

I like honesty, so you're no downer by pointing this out. I also hope she grows and changes as an artist.

+6 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

This is exactly why I disregard the art world almost entirely.

Im sorry, the little Empress has no clothes. Its paint splattered on a canvas, and the colors are not prodigious.

My two cents and I dont care who flames it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

If you parented a child that threw paint on paper in such a way that many found it beautiful, would you not sell the work if a person gave a serious offer of a significant amount?

So at the age of 4 we are responsible for the sins of our parents? Children are innocent. The Kingdom belongs to those of heart as children.

What erotic films are you making such a big fuss over? Jupiter Love? That's worthy of spitting on the child?

I like her artwork. If you don't, then discuss why. Don't use a differing taste in art as your catalyst or platform to argue the system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join