It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen me? (Input needed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
My husband and I have had a very similar dream. The dreams happened about 4 days apart and we didn't discuss his dream prior to the morning after I had mine. Both of us had a dream about a tall, skinny solid black shadow-like being with disproportionately long limbs, neck, torso, and fingers. In the dreams the being didn't come after us but a loved one. In my husband's dream it was after his mother (who lives with us) and in mine it was after my son. The dreams were remarkably vivid and very hard to wake from. We both had the feeling of never having been really asleep. It was very frightening and was even more so when we went to see the movie 'Insidious' about 2 weeks later. The first sighting of the demon was SO very much like what we had experienced in our dreams. Has anyone else experienced this or had a similar dream? Looking for input because my son has night terrors sometimes and I think this may be plaguing him as well. Is this just a strange coincidence or should we explore other means of getting rid of whattever this is?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
That is intriguing. I believe I may have seen the thing you dreamt of a few years ago, and by seen I mean, I saw it with my own two eyes while very much awake. It very nearly literally scared the crap out of me.

I had just gotten into bed and started to have that feeling that something was watching me, but tried to ignore it to attempt to get to sleep. I got a text message and rolled over to check my phone and there it was standing at the foot of my bed. I was completely frozen with fear for a few seconds before throwing my phone and fumbling around trying to find my lamp. I looked away from whatever it was for a second, turned the light on, and it was gone.

As for advice on making it go away, I haven't a clue. I saw it that night and haven't seen it since. I have had a couple odd dreams though where I have had the same weird feeling that I had before seeing it, then heard a very creepy sounding voice, and awoke feeling inexplicably terrified.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I know what your going threw exactly!!! That figure you see i noticed when i was a child all that is happening to you is your at a early part of astral projection and your fear can cause sleep paralisys. you mind is getting used to it but your a long way away from controling it my advise is to will yourself to not be afraid of it and face it then your free to roam around. Trust me its not going to hurt you but you might experience this multiple time a night next time sleep on your stomach that seems to help sometimes or light a candle and focus on that when your seeing the figure.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Also a good way to not have this happen is to have some background noise a tv is excellent because it lets you have a feeling of control and when you project the hue from the tv is comforting. The way i decided to confront this is to go head on and not fear death or what it would do to me, that really got me somewhere just have a feeling of i dont care and it will go away.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
hi i seen something like this a yr ago.
i just woke up and looked towards the bedroom door and seen the creepiest shadow moving across the wall.
the easiest way i can explain it is that it was almost like that creepy scene from nosferatu, where the
vampires shadow is moving up the stairs..bloody scared me and im 33 lol....dave

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think that this dream could be a manifestation of your fears. Have you talked about your fears with your husband ? I think it may be a fear of losing a loved one, of someone taking them and doing something bad.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hey! Only once have I seen same dream twice and it was a nightmare when I was 5 or 6 years old.

In this dream I was in a trainstation, a very old looking with old trains(steam engine). It was crowded and all the people were dressed in a 50's style, anyway old fashioned way. I dont know why I was there, but I was coming off the train and noticed a creepy black figure in the distance. Now, this figure didnt have a face, it was all black, I didnt notice any clothing just a tall humanoid figure with no face and it was looking directly at me, I just felt it even he didnt have eyes. He also was moving strange ways(wich scared me even more), kind of waving and moving his arms with unnatural way. I panicked and started running, knowing he would come after me. I found a big trash box where I hid myself and closed the lid on me. I was in the dark hoping he woudnt have seen me going in that box, but I just knew he did. And the next moment the lid opened and the black figure was right in front of my face and even seen so close he was just all black, no eyes or face, only humanoid figure waving(very strangely) and "looking" at me. At this point I woke up screaming!

And next night I saw the exactly same dream!! And it felt so real that I still remember it very clearly some 30 years later.. I have read about "shadow people", and the description of those comes very close what I saw..

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Marble Hornets lol.
youtube it OP.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
i just woke up and looked towards the bedroom door and seen the creepiest shadow moving across the wall.
the easiest way i can explain it is that it was almost like that creepy scene from nosferatu, where the

Saw that exact thing once but I was wide awake and in the company of others.
I can cast some very cool shadows though. For instance, if it's icy outside and I have to walk wearing my New Rocks my shadow moves like the wench alien from Mars Attacks.

In other news I'm really bad at astrally projecting - so if you've seen some mad black clad skinny scary long limbed looking idjit flailing wildly at you then I apologies..Twas probably me trying to ask for directions.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blivey

Hey there blivey,

I am a Paranormal Investigator (amongst other things) and have come across similar entities on several occasions both during investigations ... and in my personal life (my youngest son also used to have night-terrors). One thing I have come to realize is that not all of these entities have the same intent or motive ... whilst some are negatives (at varying levels) ... there are other's (who in spite of appearances) only observe.

I'm going to give you a few links to other threads ... 2 of which were made by other ATS members ... plus 2 of my own concerning one of my own cases that was (at this point in time) the worst paranormal entity that I have ever encountered or dealt with.

>>>HatmanThe Black ManDemon Identification Help RequiredThe Messenger - Dirken Ridge - Update Of The DemonIdentification (Red-Eyes) Case

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by davesmart

Saw that exact thing once but I was wide awake and in the company of others.
I can cast some very cool shadows though. For instance, if it's icy outside and I have to walk wearing my New Rocks my shadow moves like the wench alien from Mars Attacks.

In other news I'm really bad at astrally projecting - so if you've seen some mad black clad skinny scary long limbed looking idjit flailing wildly at you then I apologies..Twas probably me trying to ask for directions.

haha no worrys i 4give u
thinking about it though, maybe in some ghost sightings it could actualy be someone astrally projecting...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

Thank you for this reply. It is the closest description to the dream that we had. The being had no face, it wasn't a shadow so much as a humanoid shaped void.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
last week i was dreaming that i was laying in my bed in my mothers bedroom (for whatever reason) and saw a skinny black shadow with very long arms and large hands at the foot of my bed. it was daylight outside, and it had its hands raised up in the air with what could have been energy enveloping its hands. it was right in front of the windows, so i could see everything perfectly.

i could not move, or speak or do anything. it was a lucid dream as i could feel its presence, and could feel my body struggling to do anything. i have tried to provoke it mentally by challenging it and calling it a coward in my thoughts, but nothing ever happens.

i have these dreams from time to time and have never been able to move in the presence of this being. i have no idea what it is, and have never been able to find any solid info on it in all my years of research.

top topics

join