It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Government have access to futuristic technology scientists might say which are impossible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We all pretty much know the Military (directly funded by the government/tax payers money) do secret tests on new weapons and technologies without the public knowing. Ofcourse, its natural to keep it secret to prevent any potential enemy countries from knowing about it otherwise North Korea would flying around B2 Bombers

But how much does the military know really? How much does the Government know?
So therefore, is it safe to say that they might have discovered any interesting, weird, wonderful and dangerous technologies? I don't know - maybe even try to even found a way to stabilize a wormhole to create a time machine you never know - That type of information if leaked to the public would be like kryptonite!
Just this year, China banned any depictions of time travel in entertainment - I mean, like WTF and why? Talk about over reaction? Or is it a cover up that China may have had breakthroughs in manipulating the very fabric of space and time itself?

We have all these laws in Physics which state you can't do this and you can't do that if you reach a certain limit. Examples are:
1) Light cannot travel faster than 299 792 458 m/s
2) Free energy/Perpetual Motion machine is impossible

You can't sometimes have a decent argument to challenge existing laws in Science without being casually ridiculed at. Its very difficult to convince a text book scientist to sometimes think outside the box as they would rather stay in the comfort zone of the known realm where most of the lot hang about.

So I was wondering, what if the Government did know about impossible technology which could possibly be very dangerous to let the public know about? I mean, if top secret government scientists managed to tap into unlimited energy/power, that could spell DOOM for every energy company and hundreds of millions of jobs around the world! Hence could be a reason why they might never want to reveal it - or may gradually over the years to come.
They already do countless things behind back doors, so whos to say they aren't playing around with a plasma cannon or even a starship capable of travelling faster than the speed of light?
edit on 22-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm not telling what I know (Spoilers!) but I'll say this.
Nothing is impossible, you're just the one held back. Don't let them tell you what you can and cannot do, escape into your mind and you'll see the truth.
Peace

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You mean : if they are impossible?

It depends who pays those scientists in the first place.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Nothing is impossible, you're just the one held back. Don't let them tell you what you can and cannot do, escape into your mind and you'll see the truth.
Peace

Yes, because I'm sure some kid who posts on Abovetopsecret has inside access to top secret government projects. Anyone who truly does know anything that is a threat to national security stays far away from this site; trust me.

Mankind is naturally selfish. There will always be competition in technological advances, and those with the most capital will most often be the ones at the forefront (Large Private Corps and Some Gov't).

We can all dream of a world where 'everything is known and everyone has access' but in reality it is unattainable. Man will always be a selfish individual and those who can't see man's imperfections (unconstrained vision) will always insist on a solution that will work for 'everybody'.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _WC2_

Peace

Yes, because I'm sure some kid who posts on Abovetopsecret has inside access to top secret government projects. Anyone who truly does know anything that is a threat to national security stays far away from this site; trust me.

Mankind is naturally selfish. There will always be competition in technological advances, and those with the most capital will most often be the ones at the forefront (Large Private Corps and Some Gov't).

We can all dream of a world where 'everything is known and everyone has access' but in reality it is unattainable. Man will always be a selfish individual and those who can't see man's imperfections (unconstrained vision) will always insist on a solution that will work for 'everybody'.

I've got family that works and or has worked within the government, half of them have quit from mental breakdowns or because they didn't agree with what was told for them.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I've got family that works and or has worked within the government, half of them have quit from mental breakdowns or because they didn't agree with what was told for them.

are you sure half of them went insane? are you sure you don't mean...one of them went insane? ...lol, there are precious few ways to prove your claims. it may be even more impossible to do so here than to invent an "impossible" technology.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Every atom in your body is a perpetual motion device - the electrons keep spinning and spinning and spinning.

Rocks Billions of years old - yet the atoms are still spinning and spinning and spinning

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”
Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

This quote haunts me, i wish i knew why such a man would say such a thing.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

are you sure half of them went insane? are you sure you don't mean...one of them went insane? ...lol, there are precious few ways to prove your claims. it may be even more impossible to do so here than to invent an "impossible" technology.

Positive, I remember going to see some of them(Five) in government institutions. Some of the stuff you hear about the government having is true. They do many experiments too, remember that spiral in Russia ? Wasn't HAARP either......

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Honestly I think that it is the general populations conceit of assumed knowledge to even think it not possible.
The Human brain has the ability to do anything it desires to do with a single thought. The majority of people on this planet do not bother to train themselves to achieve anything, However the Government has been studying this for decades. If the mind can conceive something it has been created. It is only a matter of making it physical

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

ya but if we had unlimited energy, we woudlnt need jobs!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

When I was a lad I saw a TV show about some of the incredible automation visitors got to see when vacationing at Disney World California. As young as I was I realized that day that there are worlds of incredible things that people are working on that we are not allowed to see.

Some 15 years ago a well-educated, intelligent female co-worker told me about a TIME magazine article that exposed how advanced technology is released in consumer form to the masses very slowly over time because it take a good deal of time for regular folks to assimilate.

Looking at how much of the Internet is vile filth, I can understand why there are people who want to keep state-of-the-art technology away from the public. I was in a crowded food supermarket today, surrounded by a plethora of loud talkers on cellular phones, and the urge to simply scream was overwhelming.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”
Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

This quote haunts me, i wish i knew why such a man would say such a thing.

A moment of candid truth from a man who would know. Very rare.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I have thought about this "unlimited energy" thing....

....the military is known to have bases buried deep, deep in the earth. Why would they not be using piezoelectrics? There are myriad ways to harvest energies from myriad energy sources that are ample in those depths.

For example, why would they not be inclines to build bases near heavy quartz deposits. At the depths they run the bases, there is a lot of electric potential that can be made just from the tidal rotations gravitational effect on the quartz (on a side note, i have an earthquake theory that is related to natural piezoelectric material).

But my "pet" concept still seems the most likely and viable, if less out of the box than the above statement: nanogenerators embeded in a substrate that is actually a building material. The entire base could be built out of nanogenerators that take advantage of all sorts of energy frequencies present in the Earth. Just the energy from the rumbling of the ocean waves would be enough to provide a sizable energy output.

I still don't understand why we aren't building our houses slightly undergound out of piezoelectric nanogenerator building materials. The technology has been developed and matured in the private sector.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Could the Government have access to futuristic technology scientists might say which are impossible?

Doubtful Here's why:

Not every incredible genius in science and mathematics works for the government. That means that if something such as time travel were possible right now, somebody would have figured out the mechanics to it. This person may not work for the government. If he/she could successfully prove that their math/physics worked for time travel, and the public saw it (granted 99% wouldn't understand it) then the government couldn't do anything about it if it wanted to hide the info. Another reason...

Life isn't a John Lennon or White Lion song. We don't have a world-unified government. If Japan discovered time travel, they may not hide it from their citizens. Same goes with every country. Besides military weapons, not every country wants to hide info from its people.

There's also the Freedom of Information Act. Sure, it's delayed, but that's to protect any names in the files. In 100 years, it might be easy to find the names of the members of SEAL Team 6 that killed Bin Laden, because in 100 years their names will be safe on a tombstone. And sure, the government could easily omit information from it, but then why have it to begin with?

Finally, time is a man made concept. It's already well known that conditions can be met to slow time, which essentially allows you to time travel into the future, just because it ages you slower. examples of this include space flight and standing on a ladder (yep. Google it.) However, because it's a man made concept, you can not go back into something that has already passed. Just like when you drink a glass of water, there's literally nothing you can do to get that water back to redrink it. It's gone and in the past. (maybe waters a bad example because of its recycleability, but you get the concept).

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was reading a book on cults, and the Branch Davidians scenario was being discussed. Someone who worked on the site revealed to the authors (or someone else, then the authors read about it) that the technology already existed that could microwave someone from far away. They said it might take a while for a really big person (250/300 lbs), but that for someone on a smaller level, it could do damage in quicker time.

Why such technology was not used, I can't remember. Public would not react well to such devices.

Remember too there are reports available of crowd control devices that are used in prisons. Devices that can stun a person so that they cannot move.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Maybe you young gents should look at what technologies were being developed in the 1950's by many public companies and then it all quietly "went black".

There were Popular Science,Modern Mechanix and Mechanix Illustrated and other well known magazines that spoke of research being done and break thru's that would change our life and then NOTHING more happened.

This link will take you to a old issue of Modern Mechanix June 1956.

This link will take you to all issues of Popular Science

This link will take you to all issues of Popular Mechanics

They did not have the media information,that we have today.Television was still not widely used so magazines ran articles about what was being researched on.

Corporations were glad to get the information out so they could inform possible investors of what they were doing.

Then the government got involved with worrying that the" Ruskies" might get a hold of the technology.

I suggest you to read all these magazines from after the war ended in 1945 up until 1960 and see the technology that was being worked on but never came about to the publics knowledge for another 20 years.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

But how much does the military know really? How much does the Government know?

That's almost two completely different questions. The government is about as fundamentally dysfunctional as the average politician and knows about as much as a flock of chickens being driven around the barn yard.

The military is only a slightly different story in that it tends to be just as dysfunctional, but in its own flavors and varieties that differ considerably from government. The military is a bit more like a family with parents that argue all of the time and the kids simply get the "aura" of what is going on.

So therefore, is it safe to say that they might have discovered any interesting, weird, wonderful and dangerous technologies?

Historically, when has the Military ever 'discovered' a new technology? Even the Manhattan Project - one of the most classified and operationally secured project to have ever been undertaken by human beings - was based around theories and research that were publicly available -decades- before the initiation of the program.

What the military would be doing now, is paying thousands to millions of dollars for pre-market technologies that are not mass-produced and putting them to use in ways that are impractical for mass production and sale. For example - the AN/AWG-9 was the first radar to offer track-while-scan function (it was able to track up to 24 targets while continuing to search the airspace for additional threats - a first). It ran on an Intel 8080 microprocessor (that was the core of its TWS capability). This would not be challenged until the development of AESA radars that broke down radar function into individual pulses and states of the antenna array - which gives the radar almost infinite agility - so it can 'jump' to locations of radar tracks and update their locations without having to pan the array to do so.

I don't know - maybe even try to even found a way to stabilize a wormhole to create a time machine you never know - That type of information if leaked to the public would be like kryptonite!

As a general rule - if you think some technology is too dangerous to be taught in highschool and college physics, then you shouldn't develop it. Preventing the proliferation of defense technologies to the non-military industries and contractors is impossible. It will happen. You can delay the inevitable - but only so long.

Just this year, China banned any depictions of time travel in entertainment - I mean, like WTF and why? Talk about over reaction? Or is it a cover up that China may have had breakthroughs in manipulating the very fabric of space and time itself?

It's illegal to fart in an elevator in some municipalities. That doesn't mean it's the secret to perpetual energy.

You can't sometimes have a decent argument to challenge existing laws in Science without being casually ridiculed at. Its very difficult to convince a text book scientist to sometimes think outside the box as they would rather stay in the comfort zone of the known realm where most of the lot hang about.

To a point. You will actually find very few scientists who -dislike- the idea of over-unity or FTL. Many love the idea and the fact that people are willing to challenge known laws of physics and discover ways around obstacles. What many don't like is a bunch of yahoos running around and trying to sell snake oil or talk their status up based on "modern science doesn't like progress!"

While there is a point to be made, there - large wheels are slow to move - and "old habits die hard" ... it's one thing to take quantifiable observations of the universe and draw up a new theory to explain the phenomena, and a completely different thing to say you've broken the laws of physics and have succeeded in making over-unity devices and antigravity devices out of tin foil and magnet wire.

And, yes, us pompous intellectuals tend to nit-pick each others' work with a sort of ruthless and almost hostile nature... but when someone's model starts describing behavior better than other methods available... then we have really no choice but to use it - if but purely for function (a "mathematical convenience" as it is known - a very important concept in physics, especially when you are analyzing phenomena that are beyond direct observation).

So I was wondering, what if the Government did know about impossible technology which could possibly be very dangerous to let the public know about? I mean, if top secret government scientists managed to tap into unlimited energy/power, that could spell DOOM for every energy company and hundreds of millions of jobs around the world! Hence could be a reason why they might never want to reveal it - or may gradually over the years to come.

Gas being at a national average of $8/gal in the U.S. is going to doom about an equal number of people and even more varied segments of the market. The accompanying rising costs of electricity are going to put people under even more pressure.

Further - the energy industry wouldn't be "doomed" - it would adapt. You would still need people to maintain and supervise the plants and facilities. Demand for these things would also go through the roof - the number of jobs created just to keep up with the demand for production will be more than enough to offset any threat of unemployment and smooth over the transition of the market.

Further - an unlimited source of energy like that would invert the energy equation. We are usually trying to figure out how to generate enough energy to supply our needs. If we had a source of such gross amounts of energy, we would be trying to find a need for it. And this would drive other segments of the economy in ways that hadn't been seen since the industrial revolution.

In short - the country that develops perpetual energy and makes the most extensive use of it first gets an uber-win as the techno-industrial leader of the world for the next 20 years by default. Sure - you won't be the only country with it, but you'll be at the pinnacle of it all.

They already do countless things behind back doors, so whos to say they aren't playing around with a plasma cannon or even a starship capable of travelling faster than the speed of light?

And who is to say the Star Gate series isn't a documentary?

It's difficult to really prove a negative. About as "far in advance" as I would say the military is, with regards to space travel, would be air-launched space delivery/recovery vehicles powered by some silicon-based hydrogen rockets that were fabricated much in the same way a CPU is (and quite powerful). While not in commercial use to my knowledge - they would work well for complementary projects to high-altitude hypersonic aircraft research that has been going on over the past few decades or so.

Otherwise - many of the advanced research concepts going on today are actually just an attempt to keep up with the civilian technology market. Combat awareness networks - similar to your various HUD elements in first-person shooters (icons above friendlies, monitoring of ammunition, status of allies, topographical maps as well as floor plans for buildings displayed on a visor, etc) are where it's at, right now. Video games are, interestingly enough, providing huge insights into how to make more effective use of ground forces. Mini-maps - so standard in games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Ghost Recon, etc that we'd be seriously irritated at a lack of them in future installments, are one of the major focuses of current development research.

One of the things infantry tend to do is cluster together - it's human instinct. It's counter-productive. You want infantry to spread out and be very difficult/impossible to pin down en mass, and to be able to focus fire from a greater number of angles (this is not only to minimize the effectiveness of enemy cover, but it is also far more destructive - a thousand rounds shot into a structure from one angle pales to the amount of destruction that can be done from a hundred rounds spread across a 60 degree arc).

When testing the "advanced warfighter" gear - they noticed that teams using the gear instinctively spread out more while still staying in effective communication - almost instantly making them a vastly superior fighting force.

Newer improvements will likely aim to have built in acoustic locators and be able to relay enemy (as well as friendly) locations via the combat network - though that will, at first, likely require a lot of front-end (object recognition technologies are limited in application, and there would be limits to what could automatically be determined to be an enemy - requiring someone to upload coordinates as being a MG nest, Sniper, etc). Feed from aircraft and drones could also be accessed, as well as radar contacts be identified (ground search radars picking out armored vehicles or artillery positions, as well as air search radars capable of tracking artillery being able to give advance warning and estimated kill-radius for each round and alerting infantry in the area).

Take some history lessons from World War II. Magic weapons and technology don't win a war. Information does.
Germany had some of the most advanced technology and industry in use during the war. Not necessarily all - but more than their fair share. They also had a considerably larger force at the onset than any other. They lost the war because they spent half their time preparing fronts to invasions that never happened (or were really planned), bombing dummy airfields, and wasting research time and resources trying to counter allied projects that didn't exist and were completely impractical.

The more informed your force is (particularly how aware you are of friendlies so as not to shoot them), the more effective they are.

Compared to wonder-weapons that can hardly ever be used - technology in the hands of the soldier can be used - and to great effect.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by posterboy

"The world is a dynamic mess of jiggling things, if you look at it right."
-Physicist Richard Feynman

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

In China horror movies are also banned. The official ideology of the Communist Party still calls for "socialist realism" in the arts and all of the arts, especially cinema and TV shows, which are heavily censored.

I wouldn't read too much into that.
edit on 23-5-2011 by brianboru because: spelling/grammar

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join