It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handicapped Man Picked Up From Wheelchair And SMASHED Into The Ground By D.C. Police.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It is pretty clear that we live in a messed up world, when things like this no longer surprise you anymore. Sick, twisted world indeed.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hmm I am trying to listen to the video closely and I think I heard the officer say that the handicapped man assaulted an officer? I am not too sure. Bad video quality and bad audio quality but I guess this video was obviously taken on a cell phone.

And for those people who say he was intoxicated or drinking alcohol... I don't really see any bottles or anything that looks like alcohol nor do I hear anything about alcohol. Where do you get this idea that he was drinking from??

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
People need to tell the police officer to yell out their badge numbers and names as we record them. If they won't tell you their badge number and name, demand it from them or call the police on them
seriously this is getting out of hand

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Here is the problem with cops (actually most everyone) --- Once they "get trained", get their degree, their job, graduate from anything --or get accepted by others, they begin the gradual descent into knowing nothingness and doing nothingness and thinking nothingness --- Meaning - they stop growing! They now know it all, are experts (yah- society tells them now they are), they close any possible open-mindedness they might have had and just react, rather than think.

Being on only side of the fence (or desk) makes you see only what is directly in front of you --YOUR VIEW & VIEWPOINT. The longer you sit there, the more certain you are that "You Know It All" - but reality is you know very little cause if nothing else things change --but reality, you never see the other side to begin with so can't undertand" where or why they do/say what they do, nor think beyond what is obvious to you ---Again from that point of sight you are pointed ---Narrow minded and worse - now you are in power so that in itself "MAKES YOU SMART & WISE --ha ha --- duh.

I teach/preach/live as if I was 7 years old---- They are always wide eyed, listening (not telling how it is) and thinking (and it is not INSIDE THE BOX) --they come up with awesome solutions, see what "adults" do not (narrowly focused) and learn nothing so NEVER GROW & EVOLVE. KIDS DO ---trouble is- as they grow "We" society (the system) says "color within these lines otherwise you are an idiot, say what we tell you and do the same- then you will grow up to be "a good boy --and successful too --- take more, make more, and you are al winner --- Not do good, think of all, all the time, never stop learning and listen to all others (especially to the young non boxed minds of kids)---

For instance most all cops are lousy drivers, break the laws they enforce, and don't even know how or why everything they do when driving (tailgate, stop at the wrong spot (tail gate when stopped so they can't move out of the way of a car not slowing down for whatever reason behind them is going to crash into them- don't stop to turn right on red --dangerous -- and lots more ---speeding itself is not the big issue but most all tickets are for that --NON for tailgating which is terribly dangerous for example--- I know I teach this and lots more--My students come back next week, next year, 5 years later and tell how my teaching saved them and/or their family from what I speak -

Teachers regurgitate the same puke they are regurgitated by the teacher they had --- and those who regurgitate it back are A students --who are pulled up to be the same as their teachers and make things more narrow and less capable of thought or proper actions -- D /F students are told they are dumbeees --- Heck they are the real geniuses often --- Just that the teachers are too focused they can't see any of that wisdom --or feel threatened by it! The F students (the dumbees) either become criminals (not the White collar criminals who cause more death and hardship than any blue collar crooks) or else druggies or THEY get mad and change the world ---Einstein was concidered a RETARD in 4th grade-- Copernicus, Galeleo and many others evil, devils, etc. till proven "right" 100s of years later --- The list goes on ---"the higher you go --the less you know" Most people are wrong about most things most of the time"!

-----been there done that --all sides of every desk, every place, every carreer, every thought about all subjects ---- I know this; "as much as I know, which is much compared to most, I know very little about anything" --that is what a true wise man knows -the more you know, the more you realize there is so much more to know that you don't" I am he!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Not sure if anyone mentioned, yet.....but, if you didn't know the place it happened, I recognize the area. It is the corner of 13th Street and U Street, NW. At the Metro station entrance. On corner is a Starbuck's, next to it a Quizno's, and across the street, there, is the famous "Ben's Chili Bowl" landmark eatery. (Pres. Obama has been there, took a head of state, forget who...).

I'm sure Google StreetView will have it, you can see better that way, in case you're interested....

Enter: 1300 U Street Northwest, Washington D.C., DC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adding, after saw:

Originally posted by Landru

Landru's link to the local NBC affiliate.....it was the "Metro" Police...as in, the WMATA Police (Washington Metro Area Transit Authority)....apparently, not regular DC cops.

edit on Sun 22 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
WOW, this is Horrible, and they want to have people stop recording? Get the F out of here. wow..

makes me sick, didnt you see he was going to run guys!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

All of you sorry sacks who keep stroking off on how the police need to get "tough on crime," give yourself a pat on the back.

This is what YOU wanted Americans.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by fordrew

All of you sorry sacks who keep stroking off on how the police need to get "tough on crime," give yourself a pat on the back.

This is what YOU wanted Americans.

Yeah, sounds like this guy was a real threat to the safety of everyone in that neighborhood.You think because some people want murderers, rapists, child abusers, drug dealers, and the like locked away, and because they cast their vote that way by backing a politician who says he'll be hard on crime, that's an excuse for throwing an elderly man in a wheelchair onto a sidewalk a cuffing him for sipping a beer or whatever he was drinking? What, do yo think he deserves a dui for using his wheelchair while drinking?

You reply showed you aren't capable of looking at the entire picture, and can't see that the problem is law enforcment officials themselves, and the culture surrounding them. I doubt you would feel the same way if someone raped your mom. Big difference between being tough on crime and harassing assaulting an elderly man in a wheelchair for doing no wrong. You sounds as intelligent as the cops involved.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Lol. Ill bet he thinks before he resists arrest next time.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarmHeartedWorld
reply to post by fordrew

I am retired cop --State Trooper actually --- yes even 30 years ago saw some "PDs" not so nice with people. Thought even back then that "if you are not on the right side (power and authority), anyone could be "VICTIMIZED" and it "ain't getting any better!

The leaders - a joke - no matter what level, be they private or public just squeeze more power for them self and TAKE TAKE TAKE from "those they serve"- another joke ----

But sad to say -- "people love to be taken care of" so they give their rights and votes to anyone ho promises to care for them" -- give them something in other words --- HA HA -- Those that serve and say "they give" are in the business of TAKING only for "them & theirs" ---

I write about it- speak of it and advise how to be free from it --BUT MOST COVER THEIR EARS -- They like being "In The Matrix" ------- "no worry man"

Most are not living --most are not alive so I guess it matters not what, where or how --- It's not "the Night Of The Living Dead" movie anymore --It's the "living dead in America" --the masses!

We get what we reap!

Thank you for answering this discussion as an experienced LEO; (ETA: BOTH posts as I just noticed.) I'd like to get your opinion on this related post. Thank you for honoring your oath to "Protect and serve," and speaking out against those who don't.
edit on 5/22/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/22/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
There are better ways to stop a wheelchair bandit.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by fordrew

Not sure if anyone mentioned, yet.....but, if you didn't know the place it happened, I recognize the area. It is the corner of 13th Street and U Street, NW. At the Metro station entrance. On corner is a Starbuck's, next to it a Quizno's, and across the street, there, is the famous "Ben's Chili Bowl" landmark eatery. (Pres. Obama has been there, took a head of state, forget who...).

I'm sure Google StreetView will have it, you can see better that way, in case you're interested....

Enter: 1300 U Street Northwest, Washington D.C., DC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adding, after saw:

Originally posted by Landru

Landru's link to the local NBC affiliate.....it was the "Metro" Police...as in, the WMATA Police (Washington Metro Area Transit Authority)....apparently, not regular DC cops.

edit on Sun 22 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Thank you for adding this as it's an important point to remember. While I'm NOT in any way condoning the actions by the transit police, it is important to distinguish them from DC police. The DC police have an excruciatingly hard job to do when you consider the crime rate, the tourist influx, the VIPs, etc. Yet for all of that, they rarely get accused of abuse which is notable considering the low pay they receive (compared to any other area PD), and the poor quality candidates they attract and have to utilize.

Now, if this had happened in PG county - I would never have questioned that it was the PG County police

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Yeah, sounds like this guy was a real threat to the safety of everyone in that neighborhood.You think because some people want murderers, rapists, child abusers, drug dealers, and the like locked away, and because they cast their vote that way by backing a politician who says he'll be hard on crime, that's an excuse for throwing an elderly man in a wheelchair onto a sidewalk a cuffing him for sipping a beer or whatever he was drinking? What, do yo think he deserves a dui for using his wheelchair while drinking?

You reply showed you aren't capable of looking at the entire picture, and can't see that the problem is law enforcment officials themselves, and the culture surrounding them. I doubt you would feel the same way if someone raped your mom. Big difference between being tough on crime and harassing assaulting an elderly man in a wheelchair for doing no wrong. You sounds as intelligent as the cops involved.

Where do you think the culture surrounding "law enforcement" officials comes from? Who gives them that power? What measures are in place to preserve it? How did it get this way?

This is part of culture on a larger scale than you are perceiving. There's this pervasive belief that the cops are at war with "the bad guys." It's seen throughout our media on all levels; movies, books, TV shows, video games, comic books. The police are painted as a military force facing down an existential threat, a weeping wave of criminality. That without the ferocious and brutal measures of this military force, we the innocent civilians would be victimized by the rapists, murderers, and pushers lurking in every darkened corner.

In another aspect of the culture, we treat this military force as the sole arbiters of law and order; that is, culturally, we give them the role of not just police, but also the roles of judge and executioner. In our media, we see the legal system as beginning and ending with the police; after all, it's COPS that has the ratings, not televised trials on C-Span4.

Adding to that is the notion that every part of the legal system beyond the cops is corrupt and useless; this is because human nature is to assume guilt on accusation, so when someone stands accused, we'd rather see bloodsport than see him found innocent. Think to every cop show you have ever seen; isn't the defense team ALWAYS the seediest, most underhanded bunch of crooks ever? Aren't the judges who find defendants not guilty always either themselves deeply corrupt or constantly complaining about how their hands are tied by "the system"? The message is clear: according to our media culture, everyone apprehended by the police is essentially guilty, and any dissention from this is due to the dissenter's own criminality.

Finally, there's the vindictive mentality. Are you one of the people who think a child molester should be anally violated with red-hot pokers until death? Even if you're not, there are many people who do see things that way; they want vengeance, and they often want it in the form of, again, bloodsport. This ties into the above notion; even if the courts find a defendant guilty, they're not going to give him what he "really deserves" - We don't tend to flay people alive or otherwise engage in creative Iranian-style torture/executions. This is also where we get the myth that every murderer is "out on parole in a month."

This all manifests as a desire among the American public to not only "get tough on crime" but also to turn a blind eye when police act like brutal members of an aggressive occupying military power. These two outlooks are self-reinforcing; you can see it here in this thread, there are people who are justifying the treatment of this man because the police are doing it, therefore he must be a criminal, so they cops have to be "tough" on him. After all, we are taught, the inherently corrupt court system isn't going to give that bastard the treatment he really deserves, right?

The problem with "getting tough on crime" is the inherent assumption that we were somehow "soft" on crime before; this has never actually been the case! You can't really get tougher than "tough" - you can only get more brutal. Thus all the past procedures that were "too soft" are revised to, well, cause more death and destruction to those the police decide is "the enemy." And even while we're seeing handicapped men getting plowed into the sidewalk face-first by two guys twice his size, we keep funneling money towards "tough" cops. After all, like you fearmongered, "what if it was your mom?"

I'll tell you what if it was my mom - I'd want the cops to apprehend him so that he could face trial, NOT act as an impromptu execution squad by suplexing his head into the pavement.
edit on 23/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
he probably is a muslim
and had bomb
probably

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Watching this video I get the impression, Americans are taking their role models from all them lying, hate creating Zionist-American hollywood movies that depict Germans as Nazis. If Americans have swallowed their own propaganda and this is the outcome, it suits them right! Thats what you get if you swallow, instead of to think...-

edit on 23-5-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Abominable and gut wrenching. I wish i was there with 2 tasers too give those cops a good electricity trip to cancel out that ego driven power trip they just displayed. How # vulgar!
I mean come on! The guy was even leaking all over the sidewalk! Has anyone seen the soccer game where the stands rush the police on the field? I hope that happens soon so these #%**%$# get taught a lesson.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Watching the video upset me in ways I cannot even start to explain. It is every person's moral duty to assist those in distress, more so those members of the Police and Armed Services. I know that when I took the Queen's Shilling, I promised to uphold the law and protect the Citizens of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. I truly believe that, in light of the procedures during this incident, the local civilians had a moral right and duty to question and even block the Police action.

This is a clear abuse of power, a power that should now be removed from the officer's that are not mature enough to wield.

If they wanted to restrain this citizen, simply cuff him to his chair. Where the frack can he go without his hands to push the darn thing.

For all you serving LEOs on ATS, it is your duty to Serve and Protect. Take a stand against this kind of behaviour and serve with honour and respect.
edit on 23/5/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

Thats the kind of stuff Americans have running freely on their streets, pretending to be Police Officers...-
It is YOU who has let it come so far! The only way to wake US citizens up is, to hit them over the head with a baton individually.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I am seeking an alternative view.

How do we know the guy is actually disabled?

We assume he's disabled because we see him in a chair in the first shot.

Not making a medical diagnosis here, but this guy seems to have control over his legs.

Could be a drunk guy who has stolen the wheelchair from a genuine user.

If that was the case, would we still be screaming 'brutality'?

Not condoning violence, but this is not ringing true for me.

I need to know more before I judge.
edit on 23-5-2011 by stellify because: double negative...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
he probably is a muslim
and had bomb
probably

You're just guessing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join