It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handicapped Man Picked Up From Wheelchair And SMASHED Into The Ground By D.C. Police.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
yea that seemed a bit excessive, the man did not seem to resist to me or do anything wrong. if they were worried he was going to bolt they could have just easily lifted his chair off the ground and his wheels wouldnt take em any where.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was suprised that none of the cops dropped a peoples elbow on him.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is happening at a far too frequent pace. Makes me sick to my stomach. Cops are now becoming the lowest form of life. Serve and protect, not beat and abuse. I wonder how long until there are militias formed to combat police corruption? 5 years? 10 years? I wonder how long until these pigs become targets themselves of violence from pissed off citizens.

I have zero respect for cops. Yes there are good ones, but they are silent enough that their presence is not felt, and the abuse does not stop. In fact it increases. It's an out of control culture, and if there really were more good cops than bad cops, we wouldn't be having these problems. If they didn't stick up and cover for each other, and collectively had higher moral value, this wouldn't be happening. If there were really that many good cops, who don't agree with this type of stuff, I'd imagine this would be happening at a decreasing rate, instead of an increasing rate.

These pigs really are starting to act like a gang. maybe they always have, and new cell phone technology is bringing it into the public.
edit on 22-5-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Fair enough.

So...about those beers...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
***ETA: I saw in a later post that you are a Brother Marine. In that case, you should have no problem understanding what I'm talking about when I talk about "Honor." Thank you for your service. OOH RAH!

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Eff the police. Eff, eff, eff the police. Oh, wait, I'm the police. And you're all under arrest for...obstruction of justice...or something I'll make up to put in the reports to make it seem legit.

But in all seriousness, working in the San Diego PD, I'll be the first to report some a-hole with a thirst for power and an even bigger thirst to abuse it because they were picked on while growing up. Then again, seeing this makes me not want to be a part of any of it. I still have a chance to decline employment...I mean I aced the exam and still have to go through the academy.

And I'm torn by people saying all cops are bad. To me this doesn't make sense. There ARE cops out there that actually care and do the right thing. Those are also the ones that will be right there to help you when you get mugged or assaulted or something like that. I'm not saying change your view on this completely, but have a little faith that there are some cops that are legit. I'll be one of them. Maybe.

As I started reading your post, I thought to myself, "I'll bet he hasn't been a police officer very long." Then lo and behold I come to this: "I mean I aced the exam and still have to go through the academy. "
Sometimes it's a burden being right all the time.

But truly brother I hope a few things for you if you do go through the academy:

- First, I hope you can maintain your ethics; remember, you are there to "Protect and Serve," not "Beat down and brutalize."
- Next, I hope that you will be able to stand toe-to-toe with the "Thin Blue Line" and keep your promise to report out of control cops. You may end up in Internal Affairs, or a target for assassination like Frank Serpico; but at least you will have your honor intact.
- Don't be satisfied with the training that you receive in the Police Academy. You need to KNOW your local and state laws so that you can enforce them properly, not like the fiasco in Philly where poorly trained cops nearly killed a man who was obeying the law simply because they were ignorant of the law themselves. ATS thread
- Last, and most important: KNOW THE CONSTITUTION! The United States Constitution is the document from which ALL legitimate authority is ultimately derived. If you are familiar with it, the theories of law that are derived from it, and FOLLOW it, you won't go wrong.

I would also suggest joining Oath Keepers. Please watch this video; it may be the most important thing you will ever see.

From some of my posts, people may get the idea that I'm anti-Law Enforcement; well let me tell you and everybody else that nothing could be further from the truth. I have the GREATEST admiration for those who don a uniform, badge, and gun in order to go out every single day to enforce the law, putting their lives on the line to protect the citizens in their care every time they do it. Those LEOs who take their oath seriously, do their job in an honorable and professional manner, and obey the law themselves can count on me to stand back-to-back with them any day.

It's ***holes like the ones in the OP - and many THOUSANDS of similar videos on Youtube - that need to fear me; not because of who I am or anything that I might do, but because I'm not alone in my belief that Law and Order must reign supreme, even over police who feel that having a badge and gun gives them carte blanche to do whatever they see fit. That's right: even cops must obey the law; if they don't then they are no better than a street hustler that slings crack to school kids before going home to rape their special needs little sister and spread video of it on the internet.

I didn't mean for that last sentence to be funny - not at all. I was trying to emphasize the point that those who abuse their position of trust and authority are the WORST kind of scum I can think of. One day, these "people" - and I use the term very loosely - will be brought to justice; if not before a mob of enraged citizens finally fed up with their unlawful abuse, then before Almighty God where they will have to answer for their crimes.

Whatever you decide to do my friend, the best advice I can give you other than what I've already stated is to maintain your honor. Implicit in that is to always tell the truth no matter the consequences, and to do what is right and not just what you are told is right - or what is "for the good of the service" - even when that could cost you your job, or the jobs of other officers.

Your Honor is the ONE thing in this life - including your life - that can not be taken from you; it can only be thrown away. Remember that and you'll be just fine.

OC
edit on 5/22/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If chief jay strongbow was around,he would have used the sleeper

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
If chief jay strongbow was around,he would have used the sleeper

So much WIN even Charlie Sheen can't believe it.
Oh, am I feeding a troll?

reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for the good words, man. Shouldn't be a problem. But I don't know if I'll actually go through with it. My wife has been telling me to pursue something else.
edit on 11522 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Dominic: So do you know what's gonna happen?

Finch: No. It was a feeling. But I can guess. With so much chaos, someone will do something stupid. And when they do, things will turn nasty. And then, Sutler will be forced do the only thing he knows how to do...

Where's our V?

Just my personal thoughts on the matter.
edit on 5/22/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
The man wasnt handicapped,he had the wheelchair souped up with a small engine like a scooter.He was racing cars and popping wheelies.He was using high octane gas in that supercharged chair and was racing at 80 mph.

could you provide the link or where you got this info from?Or was that a joke? i think for whatever he did we have rights and that seems to be a lot of blood on the ground..we are not supposed to be bloodied up when arrested, it was not like he was attacking them with a knife or something.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

News for you....it already exists in at least three states!!(this article was written a year ago and said that in three states it is illegal to record law enforcement)

gizmodo.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Cops are brainwashed. For some magical reason when they put on that blue uniform and that badge, they trance into emotionless brutes of war. I was told ild make a great cop because of my height, i got offended at such claim.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I don't think it's the cops, really. It's our era. With all of the information thrown at us, we have lost the ability to think for ourselves. We almost run on autopilot directed by policy. We are no longer trusted with common sense. For example, the little 7 year old girl being patted down at the airport. I think common sense would tell us that she was not a terrorist. But that was the procedure. They were following procedure, that's all. Or the employee fired from Wal-Mart for subduing the man with the knife. That is what happens when you break procedure and go on common sense. WE AREN'T PAYING YOU TO THINK, DAMMIT!!

Maybe if someone is resisting arrest, they are supposed to put them face down on the ground and cuff them. That is the procedure. It is hard to say, but it almost looked like he jerked when they pulled him out and they fell to the ground rather than thrown on ground.

Another problem is that there are so many laws that it is impossible to know all the laws. It is hard not to break the law in someway. Everyone does it, nearly every day. And not always on purpose.

If I go over the speed limit...breaking the law. If I forgot to use my blinker....breaking the law. If I didn't wear my seatbelt...breaking the law. Now we will get even more ridiculous. If my EIGHT-yr-old, 70lb child is not in a car seat (not kidding you, it is the law in my state)...breaking the law. If my kid is riding a bike without a helmet...breaking the law. If you pee on the side of the road...this includes your little kids on a road trip...breaking the law. If you drive off the designated roadway in a state park...breaking the law. If you take your dog on a leash out on the beach...breaking the law. If you fish without a permit...breaking the law. If you shoot a coyote on your property that is within city limits...breaking the law. If you put a flagpole up in your front yard and have not consulted with the neighborhood first...breaking the law. If I burn a fire in my fireplace on a "no-burn" day....breaking the law. If I build a shed in my back yard and didn't know I needed permission to do it....breaking the law. If I take antibiotics that were prescribed to my husband even if it was for the same thing...breaking the law.

If you were to look at all the laws in your state it would look like a library. I have seen all the laws of my state in book format in my attorney's office. It is a bookshelf of all the laws in book form. Federal and state. I said "how can anyone know all this?" He said, "they can't...that's why they hire lawyers, who also don't know all the laws, but they can research legalities and translate the law-language into regular language.".

Also, it is harder not to get caught. We have cameras and surveillance everywhere. Streaming in real time to anyone who has access to the internet. Everyone has a video camera on them at all times. It's almost like conditioning for collective thinking...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
From a Local news story, titled "Rough Arrest", which kind of tells you where this is going : some witnesses and some slight self-justification by TPTB in the MSM
News Report
edit on 22-5-2011 by Landru because: grammar and spelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Landru
From a Local news story, titled "Rough Arrest", which kind of tells you where this is going : some witnesses and some slight self-justification by TPTB in the MSM
News Report
edit on 22-5-2011 by Landru because: grammar and spelling

You can see clearly that they grabbed him first, he didn't just stand up and fall...when he was up his legs were not functioning...I wonder how he was "not cooperating with getting a ticket for public alcohol or whatever. So he was sitting there not doing anything but drinking an alcoholic beverage it sounds like.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I am retired cop --State Trooper actually --- yes even 30 years ago saw some "PDs" not so nice with people. Thought even back then that "if you are not on the right side (power and authority), anyone could be "VICTIMIZED" and it "ain't getting any better!

The leaders - a joke - no matter what level, be they private or public just squeeze more power for them self and TAKE TAKE TAKE from "those they serve"- another joke ----

But sad to say -- "people love to be taken care of" so they give their rights and votes to anyone ho promises to care for them" -- give them something in other words --- HA HA -- Those that serve and say "they give" are in the business of TAKING only for "them & theirs" ---

I write about it- speak of it and advise how to be free from it --BUT MOST COVER THEIR EARS -- They like being "In The Matrix" ------- "no worry man"

Most are not living --most are not alive so I guess it matters not what, where or how --- It's not "the Night Of The Living Dead" movie anymore --It's the "living dead in America" --the masses!

We get what we reap!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Can't say the police are improving their public relations with this.

Regardless if this was justified or not ... come on really? A guy in a wheelchair needed to be thrown down or let down like that?

And regarding that news report, how in the hell can you just 'stand up' if you are paralyzed?
edit on 22-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Can someone please be so kind and explain to me what the following words mean...

...the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Because the wheelchair man looks so free and the cops look so brave.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That was really uncalled for even if he was struggling and resisting arrest he is in a wheelchair, for god sakes if we he did is that serious roll him away.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

I love the quote on your signature...so true....i think we are coming to that time really soon...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join