It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admits Re-election a 'Tough Race' : (I think he is delusional)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by David9176

And like I said before, you weaken your own argument when you play the race card.
Sticking to the issues would be a refreshing change around here.

You weaken yours by playing the victim card.
You are right. Sticking to the issues would be awesome. Unfortunately, one of the issues created by the OP was racist.

I guess you mean let's stick to the issues unless it involves calling out somebody's ignorance.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by anon72

Then Obama can get on the back of the bus

You know damn well what the history of this phrase means. You can deny you are a racist all you want...but your words speak differently.

Don't try to play it off like it is a play on words with Obama saying the Republicans can sit in the back...because he was talking about a car...you are talking about a bus. Not once in any speech did Obama say to "sit in the back of the bus"...that is just flat out lying. There is a huge historical difference...blacks were never told to sit in the back of a car...they were told to sit on the back of the bus.

It's alright though...the more racist anti-Obama people get...the better it is for Obama.

Every Presidential race in this country is going to be a "Tough Race"...that is just the way it is. But I do think Obama has a very good chance of being re-elected.

His average approval rating right now is a +9 ( www.realclearpolitics.com... )

The polls agains all the potential GOP candidate has him winning at this point ( www.realclearpolitics.com... )

And despite the propaganda...Obama has not increased taxes and the Economy is getting better with him in charge.

www.americanthinker.com...

The economy.

•The Great Recession, which began in 2007, ended in June 2009, just five months after Obama was sworn into office.
•Since June 2009, real Gross Domestic Product has grown in every quarter, at an average annual rate of 2.8%. In the preceding eight years, from 2000 to 2008 (4th quarter to 4th quarter), average growth was only 1.7% per year. Real GDP is now at an all-time high.
•Over the last 14 months, over two million private sector jobs were added to the economy. Over that same period, over 300,000 government jobs were cut.
•The stock market is up over 60% since Obama was inaugurated. It is now at levels not seen since June 2008, or before Bush bailed out Fannie and Freddie and gave us TARP.

Taxes.

•There has been no tax increase since Obama entered office. In fact, he cut taxes.
•The tax rates enacted under President Bush were extended. We are now paying at the same tax rates we were in 2007 and 2008, if not less.
•The stimulus was about one third tax cuts and tax credits.
•As part of the legislation extending the Bush tax rates, Obama added billions more in tax cuts and credits.
•A big reason that the federal deficit is so large is that federal receipts are 4.1% of GDP lower in 2011 than in 2007. (OMB Table 1.2)

The Health Care Reform will go to the SCOTUS...and I am confident that it will be upheld...which will be a huge blow to whichever GOP candidate gets the nomination.

So if they can't knock him on taxes, and not on the economy, and not on the healthcare reform being unconstitutional, and the birthers have been made to look foolish, and he is the president that killed Osama Bin Laden.....WHAT exactly are they going to knock him on???

Give me a list of things that the GOP candidates can use to effectively go against Obama...details please.
edit on 20-5-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Lets start with:" All his financial advisors are deeply deeply implicated in the massive financial debacle and not a single investigation nor prosecution by his justice dept,But we sure won't be prosecuting any "minority crimes either.(i.e" black panthers with batons outside the polls" ring any bells?)
edit on 20-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What I said was I don't trust the media portrayal. Distortion of unemployment numbers, the economic health are a constant. Based on honest figures, I don't see Obama having much of a chance. You can throw your figures to counter, but at he end of the day all we can rely on is what we can see with our own eyes.

Unemployment is high.
Obama (at last check) is going to violate the War Powers Act for his own un-war in Libya.
The dollar is shrinking against the euro. I follow the exchange rate daily.
Spending is out of control.

Paint a rosy picture all you want, but "getting Usamma bin Laden" hasn't lowered unemployment, hasn't helped the housing industry, hasn't helped the dollar, hasn't aided the debt, hasn't done a thing for foreign relations.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

And like I said before, you weaken your own argument when you play the race card.

Beezzer, those of us on this board for any length of time know you are a fundy "Christian," bible literalist zealot (and by default such people know nothing of actual theology, religious history, etc.) which in my mind reveals such an astounding level of ignorance and lack of intellectual curiosity (explains you being a fan of Palin) that it pretty much disqualifies your opinion on anything.

Wow. You got it wrong on almost every count. But since you appear to know so much about me, what finger am I holding up now?
edit on 20-5-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Lets start with:" All his financial advisors are deeply deeply implicated in the massive financial debacle and not a single investigation nor prosecution by his justice dept,But we sure won't be prosecuting any "minority crimes either.(i.e" black panthers with batons outside the polls" ring any bells?)

So the best you have is that his financial advisors were involved in shady dealings???

Maybe 2012 will be easier for Obama than I thought.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Boy, you guys sure fling the "R" word around a lot. Almost comical.

OS. You are a funny one. Making alerts about me. and openly whinning about it.

Tsk Tsk.

Just for the record, no thread of mine has been closed down due to racist claims-including the ones where you cried the same arguement before.

And for the record-as of today-I have not been warned, noted, penalized, U2U'ed, cc'ed, alerted, called, emailed, whispered, smoke signaled, morse coded, flashlighted or any or the alike about anything racist in any way, shape, or form.

Again, I say, the ones who seek racism-find it-not matter what because that's all they see. No matter how much you call something-something, doesn't make it so. In the real world.

Go re-group with your little buddies/click and work up something else. I have another thread up about CGI images of micro bacteria. I don't know. Check it out.... be interesting to see what you come up with on that one. I think I am pretty safe though.

Infestation! The incredible images that show the Alien-esque Life Forms that make up 90% of our bodieswww.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a great weekend everyone.

Sun for my area after about 7 days of rain, with another full week starting Monday (predicted). "Honey-Do" list a mile long.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
reply to post by anon72

UMMMMMM....what do you mean by "Then Obama can get on the back of the bus..."? is that a racist statement?

Racist? Because Barry is part black? Why do people assume something has to be racist, wasn't he the one who said " they can come but they have to ride in back" referring to the Republicans.

I saw a black woman eating a banana on the bus this morning. She didn't appreciate me adding my own chimp sound effects though. So I told her, "If you don't like the comparison, don't peel it with your feet."
Then she really went ape.

Not racist at all, simply a commentary on her poor dining etiquette.

Dang, I don't know to laugh, scream or cry. Fantastic sarcasm...I think.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Everyone who doesn't find this thread earth shaking or news is not a troll.

Exactly. Obama has actually accomplished quite a lot and is systematically/methodically addressing individual issues - - just the way he said he would do.

Polls also indicate the majority of Obama supporters continue to support him. If I remember from the radio interview - - he's lost about 10%. Which is probably normal.

I get tired of emotional politics.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"Obama (at last check) is going to violate the War Powers Act for his own un-war in Libya."

Gotta love it. Such a silly response when every sentient being alive knows that if Obama did nothing regarding Libya the Right would be sreaming bloody murder and calling him pro-terror. You see, it is all just a game to the Right. The Right plays the game that no matter what Obama does the tactic is to rail against him. The Right is the most unAmerican and dishonest group of politicos in my lifetime. Not a word emitted from them is honest and they'll say and do anything if it advances their agenda, no matter if it kills Americans or degrades society. For the Right, power is the goal, EVERYTHING else -- freedom, rights, the Constitution ("that goddamned piece of paper," to quote GW Bush) is a distant secondary. The goal of the Right is NOT freedom. Were that true, they'd all be Ron Paul supporters. No, their goal, barely masked at all anymore, is a cult Christian theocracy. That's why they pay lip service to freedom, but rape it at will to implement laws that advance their social agenda (see Rick Perry's newly signed law today). The Christian Right is a scourge and FAR, F A R worse and more dangerous to the U.S. than any radical Islamist, because they already wield massive power of the state.

edit on 20-5-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What I said was I don't trust the media portrayal. Distortion of unemployment numbers, the economic health are a constant. Based on honest figures, I don't see Obama having much of a chance. You can throw your figures to counter, but at he end of the day all we can rely on is what we can see with our own eyes.

Your own eyes can decieve you...and they are blurred with your own bias.

Why not look at FACTS...and not the opinions that your own eyes have created???

Unemployment is high.

Yes...recessions do that. Not sure if you know this...but the unemployment rate started to rise before Obama took office. And it is coming down...slowly...but it is coming down.

data.bls.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cf698b8b8d4.jpg[/atsimg]

Obama (at last check) is going to violate the War Powers Act for his own un-war in Libya.

This is political theater...even John McCain thinks it's silly. We will see how this plays out...but Republicans accusing a Democrat of being a war monger....that is gonna be a stretch.

The dollar is shrinking against the euro. I follow the exchange rate daily.[/quote

Proof? Nevermind...I'll do your work for you...again.

www.indexmundi.com...

1 Month Graph:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b24e2d1237b0.jpg[/atsimg]

1 Year Graph:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ffada94c1d0.jpg[/atsimg]

5 Year Graph:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b237007d1b1.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry...but I'm not seeing any alarming trend here...normal fluctuations.

And cuts are being made....even more will be made with the next budget. It's gonna be kind of hard to make that argument while he is cutting spending.

Paint a rosy picture all you want, but "getting Usamma bin Laden" hasn't lowered unemployment, hasn't helped the housing industry, hasn't helped the dollar, hasn't aided the debt, hasn't done a thing for foreign relations.

I'm not trying to paint any picture...I am simply revealing the picture that is being painted by facts.

I think it is you that is trying to paint a picture that does not exist.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

"Obama (at last check) is going to violate the War Powers Act for his own un-war in Libya."

Gotta love it. Such a silly response when every sentient being alive knows that if Obama did nothing regarding Libya the Right would be sreaming bloody murder and calling him pro-terror. You see, it is all just a game to the Right. The Right plays the game that no matter what Obama does the tactic is to rail against him. The Right is the most unAmerican and dishonest group of politicos in my lifetime. Not a word emitted from them is honest and they'll say and do anything if it advances their agenda, no matter if it kills Americans or degrades society. For the Right, power is the goal, EVERYTHING else -- freedom, rights, the Constitution ("that goddamned piece of paper," to quote GW Bush) is a distant secondary. The goal of the Right is NOT freedom. Were that true, they'd all be Ron Paul supporters. No, their goal, barely masked at all anymore, is a cult Christian theocracy. That's why they pay lip service to freedom, but rape it at will to implement laws that advance their social agenda (see Rick Perry's newly signed law today). The Christian Right is a scourge and FAR, F A R worse and more dangerous to the U.S. than any radical Islamist, because they already wield massive power of the state.

edit on 20-5-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

So you're okay with Obama violating the law.
Got it.
Just checking.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Nice graphs. (I gotta learn how to do that)
At the end of the day, and I'm a bottom line type of guy, the American people are going to ask themselves are they better off now thn they were 4 years ago. It's going to be a NO, in my humble opinion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Beezzer, those of us on this board for any length of time know you are a fundy "Christian," bible literalist zealot (and by default such people know nothing of actual theology, religious history, etc.) which in my mind reveals such an astounding level of ignorance and lack of intellectual curiosity (explains you being a fan of Palin) that it pretty much disqualifies your opinion on anything.

Wow. You got it wrong on almost every count. But since you appear to know so much about me, what finger am I holding up now?
edit on 20-5-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

This finger?

At the rate obowma is taking our country, I hope there will be elections. The MSM obama slaves are probably hoping he isn't re-elected either. He doesn't allow reporters to ask the questions that really have any substance.
This wonderful president has and continues to tie the hands of many small business. Florida has done a great job at keeping the obama administration and his brute wife out of our restaurants.
oops, there goes that finger again.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Boy, you guys sure fling the "R" word around a lot. Almost comical.

If the shoe fits.

You can't expect to tell a black man to get on the back of the bus and not be called out on it. Regardless if you get dinged about it from ATS...it doesn't mean that you are in the right.

There is a simple solution to all this...don't be racist.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Based on honest figures, I don't see Obama having much of a chance. You can throw your figures to counter, but at he end of the day all we can rely on is what we can see with our own eyes.

What "honest figures"?

Are you absolutely sure that what you perceive as "honest" isn't only so because it supports your particular political stance?

What you see with your own eyes is a very limited way to view the world. Unless you literally travel around the country and speak with millions of people every day, your own personal experiences do not accurately reflect America's opinion.

You might live in a very right-wing part of the country, where Obama will be hated regardless of what he does. What you see does not reflect what the entire country sees.

I live in a relatively neutral state (Florida). We used to be red, during the 2008 election we were blue and in 2010 we became red again. Here Obama seems to be gaining support, the economy really tanked during the Bush years but it's starting to improve and people are noticing.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I was gonna pass on this, but I just couldn't. What is the Idiot-in-Chief talking about? " Re-election a tough race" How the H can it be a tough race when he has his own bought and paid for cheering section know as the press. It'll be just like when he ran before, the press giving him softball question and slamming anybody that runs against him. The big question is who in their right mind would vote for this bumbling idiot? I'll bet he gets the cemetery vote and the double votes from accorn.
Just what has he done? The not so stimulating-stimulus package- that was a bust, cash for clunkers- good idea if he kept it to just AMERICAN cars but caved to the imports, The Gulf oil spill- dragged his feet too long and the press never held him to the fire over it, tied our hands with the oil drilling ban, pledged $2billion dollars to brazil for their oil and not putting our people to work drilling ours, The health care bill that nobody wanted, creating a new form of welfair by extending unemployment to 3yrs, sueing Arizona over their new immagration law that mirrors the same federal law that he won't enforce. I'm sure I missed plenty of other thing obama managed to screw up.
So again I ask, just what great thing has he done that he should be re-elected for?
edit on 20-5-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Why not look at FACTS...and not the opinions that your own eyes have created???

Yes - I like facts.

I follow politics - - try to listen to different political talk shows to get a balance (which isn't easy). I get an idea of what is going on - - but I don't record hard core facts.

I found interesting. Bush did not include the war in his expenses. How does that happen - - and doesn't that distort expense numbers?

From being open minded toward Obama - - he seems to be doing fine to me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Only to those with a racist mind set and to those who wish not to pay attention to what Obama says.

Obama Sends Republicans to the back of the bus

He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Source:
southdakotapolitics.blogs.com...

Don't be so sensitive. It's the weekend baby!!

Wow, you paraphrase obama and its YOU who is called a racists?

I guess links don't mean anything to anyone. I heard obama when he said ...."...but they can ride in the back."
The Great Divider is good at one thing only! It's his gift of division. A gift I happily return. (Whispering)... remember last November when 100+ talking heads had to seek employment elsewhere.... obama will have to do the same soon enough)
Have a great weekend.
edit on 20-5-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join