It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admits Re-election a 'Tough Race' : (I think he is delusional)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Only to those with a racist mind set and to those who wish not to pay attention to what Obama says.

Obama Sends Republicans to the back of the bus

He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Source:
southdakotapolitics.blogs.com...

Don't be so sensitive. It's the weekend baby!!

Wow, you paraphrase obama and its YOU who is called a racists?

I guess links don't mean anything to anyone. I heard obama when he said ...."...but they can ride in the back."
The Great Divider is good at one thing only! It's his gift of division. A gift I happily return. (Whispering)... remember last November when 100+ talking heads had to seek employment elsewhere.... obama will have to do the same soon enough)
Have a great weekend.
edit on 20-5-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

That's right. Keep pretending you don't understand the difference. Go back to sleep. But for the rest who might be at an intellectual disadvantage and may actually be confused between the two comments, I'll explain. Again:

Obama was using a METAPHOR, talking about the MIDDLE-CLASS, in a CAR. There is no historical reference to there being a time in the past where the oppressed middle-class were forced to sit in the back of cars due to Jim Crow laws.

vs.

OP was using a REFERENCE, talking about BLACK PEOPLE, in a BUS. There is huge historical reference to there being a time in the past where the oppressed black people were forced to sit in the back of buses due to Jim Crow laws.

If you do not see the difference, you are either intentionally playing dumb to justify your own bigotry or you just really are that ignorant.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Cuervo because: lightened the tone

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Precious obama knows what he was doing when he said what he said. The OP and many others see through Prez Divider.
obama has divided people of faith, people of color, the have's and have not's, he presses the two party button as in, repubics and democraps, when the truth is it is also a way to divide.
It is he who will need a moat and alligators if he wishes to stay in the White House after the elections.

edit on 20-5-2011 by sweetliberty because: adding a friendly smiley face so I don't get karate chopped

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Precious obama knows what he was doing when he said what he said. The OP and many others see through Prez Divider.
obama has divided people of faith, people of color, the have's and have not's, he presses the two party button as in, repubics and democraps, when the truth is it is also a way to divide.
It is he who will need a moat and alligators if he wishes to stay in the White House after the elections.

I will not not, even for a second, entertain the notion that President Obama's very mundane and sensible metaphor was a thinly veiled racist remark. But let's pretend it was for a second. How does that make more racism acceptable?

I can find several instances from every race and ethnicity saying very awful and racist things. This gives me no leeway to mimic them.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I totally understand what you are saying and agree with you. I also can see why the OP added what he added. It was like an ironic back-at-ya comment.
You see, I could be wrong but when obama said what he said that day, he hurt a lot of people who truly do not disagree with him because he is African-American. They disagree with him because of his politics. From the start, it seems the race card has been used when it wasn't necessary. Most of America is not racist, if so, obama wouldn't have won by such a land slide.
People are fed up with his sarcasm, they are fed up with so many laws being enacted, they are fed up with the underhanded czars, the fact that Congress for the first time in history didn't pass a budget, they are also tired of the dictator's one-way communication with the people he is suppose to serve.. not the other way around. The meanings of words are also being changed.... ie kinetic

Do we really have to pass something first to know what is in it?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Cuervo

*yawn*

While he claims he wants to work together for the good of the country, he has spent the last two weeks demeaning and castigating Republicans at every chance he's gotten. But today (10-25-10) it reached a new low. He used a racially charged pejorative that no other national leaders would ever be able to get by with as far as the Elite Media is concerned. He said: "Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

And this is how he plans to get cooperation from the victors?

www.beaufortobserver.net...

I guess Obama is racist as well?

LMAO!!!! The Beaufort-whaaaaaat? With a readership of whaaaaat? Proudly serving (almost) 3 counties in rural NC?

Let's see what Fox news had to say: www.foxnews.com...

Why, nothing at all... and as everyone's friend Glen Beck would say - "isn't that interesting?"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

No president, in the history of this country, has ever been re-elected with an unemployment level above 8%.

Of course, Obama, can just adjust the unemployment figures to zero and called them, "Pre-employed".

If ANYONE still thinks the GOP are even going to TRY and win 2012, they are delusional. If anyone thinks elections have much to do with the vote, then they are delusional. If anyone thinks these things arent planned out years in advance at that the D and R's aren't on the same team, is delusional.

Obama will win in 2012. Make no doubt about it. It's all quite obvious. And it doesn't matter the anger or vehemence you have against the man, it's all just part of the game, and you are playing your role.
edit on 20-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

No president, in the history of this country, has ever been re-elected with an unemployment level above 8%.

Of course, Obama, can just adjust the unemployment figures to zero and called them, "Pre-employed".

If ANYONE still thinks the GOP are even going to TRY and win 2012, they are delusional. If anyone thinks elections have much to do with the vote, then they are delusional. If anyone thinks these things arent planned out years in advance at that the D and R's aren't on the same team, is delusional.

Obama will win in 2012. Make no doubt about it. It's all quite obvious. And it doesn't matter the anger or vehemence you have against the man, it's all just part of the game, and you are playing your role.
edit on 20-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

It scares the (blank) outta me but I've felt it for sometime now, youre right. There is nobody running against obama. What scares me the most is America can't take another four more years of obama, we can't weven take two. Personally, I felt we had a glimmer of hope with Trump, but that got flushed.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Personally, I felt we had a glimmer of hope with Trump, but that got flushed.

No, joke-celebrity for-publicity campaigns like Trump are exactly why Obama will win. The GOP have no interest in inning, precisely BECAUSE the jobless rate is so high. Every economist worth his skin knows that wont change anytime soon, and the Republicans tax cuts arent going to create jobs.BUT, if they let Obama be in the WH for another four, Americans will easily believe it's all his fault, every problem we face, and will READILY elect something even WORSE in 2016. Just wait and see. Remember, Bush engendered Obama. Without the Bush Admin, we couldnt have had Obama. Just think what Obama will engender.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So he made the call to kill Bin Laden commando style instead of bombs while delusional IDIOTS bickered over his birth certificate and Trump daydreamed about respect. A bold move for sure because if the operation had failed the same IDIOTS would have attempted to tar and feathered him Carter style. But that doesn't matter, because the same IDIOTS have plenty of Bin Laden conspiracies to keep themselves occupied.

Frankly, I think he's just being modest. Romney is the only contender but he's too moderate for all the IDIOTS who will surely try to sabotage his chances. But they (the IDIOTS) are just a very noisy minority making asses of themselves. That's what they do best, after all, they are IDIOTS.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Obama is a one-termer, he predicted that he would be and I agree that's what he deserves.

He fooled me one time but it won't happen again. Once burned twice shy. He couldn't buy my vote.

Clearly the American people sent a Boy to do a Man's job... and he has fallen fall short of the mark.

Nobel Peace Prize... are you kidding me? Just another thing to make mockery of America.

Clearly Obama is in the pocket of Big Money, and he always was. Bought and sold long ago.

He'll lose, unless a bigger loser steps forward which seems likely, that is if there's an election at all.

I personally doubt that there will be an election. November 2012?

edit on 21-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content

edit on 21-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content

edit on 21-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The stupid clone is acting as if he knows the election is rigged.

Why didn't anyone kill him when they had the chance?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Obama will win re-election easily. Jammed it down our throats???? WIth a filibuster happy bunch of GOP morons? Riiiiiight.

Even Nate Silver expects him to be re-elected with as many as 400 electoral votes. Also, the Dems are on pace to take back the House and lose mo more than 1 Senate seat but liekly picking up 2.

Gonna be fin to watch the Right SQUEAL.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by Cuervo

I will not not, even for a second, entertain the notion that President Obama's very mundane and sensible metaphor was a thinly veiled racist remark. But let's pretend it was for a second. How does that make more racism acceptable?

I can find several instances from every race and ethnicity saying very awful and racist things. This gives me no leeway to mimic them.

You are really missing the point and so are a lot of others. It was CLASS warfare the Prez was using, speaking of the "middle class' and insinuating that the GOP is a bunch of rich fat cats and they must sit in the back of the bus now because they are secondary to the precious communist proletariat class.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I agree with you. Interestingly, Trump has some good ideas about how to recover from our indebtedness to China and our trade deficit with them. It would go a long way in recovering our economy and bringing back our manufacturing base. Obama's model though is more govt intrusion including govt takeover of private industry and the means of production. This did not work for the Soviets and it won't work in the States, but he and his fellow travelers think they can do it better than Russia. It is a communist model they are working on. Sadly, there are lots of disaffected people who are ripe for communist takeover because they feel safety is in the govt taking care of them. Of course it's all a big lie and the Soviets proved it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Obama can win re-election easy

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Remember how you all came here to argue about your next presidential face of puppetry of the "democratic" bi-dictatorship as if the face they put on the party has anything to do with its corporate agenda? Neither dem nor GOP wants to go to work for you guys, they want YOU to keep ponying out your hard earned cash to THEM.

This entire section of ATS is dvisive, nevermind political tactics. You all love this crap, politicians don't even have to try anymore, you'll be at eachother's throats instead of theirs forever
edit on 21-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I think you're delusional if you call taking a year to allow people to read and discuss the "Obamacare" document 'ramming it down our throats'. Letting it be discussed in the court of public opinion, allowing doctors to weigh in, etc.

Hell, considering that he was given a crap basket of a disaster with the economy, the national debt, the budget deficit, and two wars...he's not exactly doing a bad job.

He even managed to do one thing that Bush wasn't able...granted, I'm on ATS, so I doubt that anything I say is going to have an effect. It's much easier to think that Obama is just a liar instead of a human politician who can only do what he thinks best and will do things that you disagree with.

It's easier to call people delusional instead of rationally examining why you disagree.
edit on 21/5/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

President Barack Obama conceded Thursday night that he is facing a tough fight for re-election

This is not what America wants.... as we will see, in 2012.

If TPTB want Obama to have another 4 years, he will be re-elected.

If Obama is given another 4 years, it will become apparent to all that the US has been changed irrevocably.

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Chance321
Personally, I felt we had a glimmer of hope with Trump, but that got flushed.

No, joke-celebrity for-publicity campaigns like Trump are exactly why Obama will win. The GOP have no interest in inning, precisely BECAUSE the jobless rate is so high. Every economist worth his skin knows that wont change anytime soon, and the Republicans tax cuts arent going to create jobs.BUT, if they let Obama be in the WH for another four, Americans will easily believe it's all his fault, every problem we face, and will READILY elect something even WORSE in 2016. Just wait and see. Remember, Bush engendered Obama. Without the Bush Admin, we couldnt have had Obama. Just think what Obama will engender.

Interesting take on this. I just assumed Obama will win because the Obama-haters (and I'm one of them) are so scattered. There is no one to rally behind who has any chance of winning. So it's going to be a "choice" between Obama and whatever Replicrat ends up as candidate.

The votes of the Anti-Obama crowd will be split up, many going to Third Party candidates who cannot win, thereby ensuring an Obama victory. They won't even have to rig this one.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR

reply to post by newcovenant

Nice flame attempt. lol

I'm surprised you didn't come right out with the Racist remarks. Must be early.

Please read the thread title again... and look at your response.

Something ain't right.

Maybe it is just me with my rosy tinted glasses on today? I don't know...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0611be875fc6.jpg[/atsimg]

Obama is more white then black.
IF you are racist against him, then its because you despise white people.
...lol, wut?!

Not jumpin on you dude, but how's he more one than the other?? One parent is/was straight off the boat (so to speak) from africa...not african american like me, where the chances are medium at least of native or european genes mixing in...and the other parent...a midwestern white girl?

Either way, election time comes around and we'll see how it goes. I honestly don't want to see him again, but that's me..hell I didn't wanna see bush again either but whoopty doo.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join