It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tonosama

This thread pertains to Obama's Christianity (or lack of if you believe the OP) and supposed lack of support for Israel (even though he clearly speaks in favour of Israel) it's nothing to do with Islam.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
1. I question a "Christian's" intentions relating to Israel. Protect/Defend it to live on in perpetuity as all nations should? Or Enable it to take over all the land from river to sea in order to finally herald the "prophesy" of the "apocalypse" and then be swept away to la la land in the puffy clouds above...

2. The complexities of the conflict go beyond the simplicity of a statement regarding '67 borders. First of all, w/in the framework of peace negotiations for decades, this very issue has been a basis of understanding to negotiators on both sides. It's just that no US president has stated it publicly.

Also, Netanyahu is going to make noise regardless of what the president said. Why? Because if you know anything about negotiation strategies, you do not cede one millimeter on your position or arguments until you sit across from your counterpart. Israelis are master negotiators.

Finally, there's so much more to what's "good" for Israel and what's "not" than the few things that Obama spoke about. It's what he didn't speak about that gives a broader picture of the U.S. position on what's going on over there.... Check out this article from today's Israeli newspaper, Haaretz, by columnist, Gideon Levy:

"Obama Demolished Palestinian Chances for Statehood"

U.S. supports Israel's demand for the Palestinian state to be demilitarized, it supports postponing discussions on the refugees and Jerusalem, it talks about Israel's security and Israel's security alone.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
A religious person should not be allowed to lead the country at all. It is a sign of mental illness.

Being a true Christian has nothing to do with religion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704
reply to post by Jrocbaby

"" I tried truly being a christian, it only lasted a week. Its a social thing that is it, you get together with a group of like minded people and discuss the inevitable death and how great it will be after that. It should not be taken so seriously, or with a book of rules of what to believe. ""

Faith in Christ and belief.
Christianity is nothing what you described. in fact, Christianity is a relationship with GOD. not ' bingo night ' as what sounds like you were describing.

A belief that Christ died for your sins and rose again on the third day.

Did anyone ask you to confess in the Lord Jesus? Did you?

if so, you must have been lying ..' to yourself ' .. because all these words are for you alone. not for anyone else to hear.

a week? sounds like you were forced to go to church. did you pray before reading His Word at home?

Did you read His Word at home?

Did you truly read and believe.

edit on 20-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

Well I went to church for months before this, mainly because everyone else did. I wanted to try to become a "good god loving" person, I got myself a bible from the church food donation thing that would feed poor people that i worked at. I began to read it a few pages a day. I always tried praying since I was a kid, of course without results, because prayer works because the answer is either [no, maybe later, or yes] which answers every prayer. I tried at home to read it.

But seriously, asking to be forgiven for being born, is clearly a control mechanism, the difference between you and me is that I learned that early in life. The punishment for sin is death, and being born is a sin, if you do not join us, your punishment is death. That is control at its finest.

Now I leave my bible in my bathroom if I run out of toilet paper xD the soft paper is so similar haha

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well im a Christian by practice and I don't give a h00t & feel obligated to Isreal. When i say by practice i mean follow Christ teaching instead of claiming I belong to a group. And when Isreal treats it's neighbors and Palestinians like animals well then why would i pledge my obedience to them? Nope, not falling for the "Either you are with us or against us" ploy. As far as I am concerned Isreal is the cradle of Satan. Now I do believe Obama is NOT who he says, or said he was given his shady nature and lies of recent. That is Obvious.. he is a puppet. And a fraud.

My loyalty is to the people of the world not Israel and Israel over all!

Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God. Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Second line...

edit on 20-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

As for the us liberty...
The us goby looked the other way too and let our OWN service men get killed
Lol it up!
Now for the original op
We r a Christian nation but we respect all beliefs. That is what we are.
We are not atheist.... Look at history, the monuments. Yes we founding fathers were Christian diests of a sort
But Christian background true. We have always supported Israel in fact we helped create the state, country of Israel.... Do not fool yourselves... There is a god and it matters.we make choices... Sodom and Gommorah
Found out; Egypt found out in 1967.. The thing is, this time everyone will turn on Israel.. To prove this time "god" is in control.... It is predicted... Sadly so

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i took massive crap after reading this..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by steven704

It sounds better when you read the entire context of the speech.

The problem is the spark that will be created in the Muslim world....on small town levels, on border town levels, on large scale policy issues.

As soon as he suggested pre-1967 borders, it was on.

If you don't believe me, just sit back and watch what happens next. Major conflict in the M.E., it will be an inferno. BO just gave the suicide bombers a green light!

The man has

NO CLUE

about foreign policy, as evidenced yet again by yesterday's speech.

If anything he is purposefully destabilizing the entire region! Libya anyone?!?!?!?

And, back to the point of the thread. He lied to us about being a Christian. As a Christian, this makes me furious, and it should any other Christian too!

IMO : YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT OFFICAL MEANS ..
OR FACT IS THIS NATION IS NOT ALL CHRISTIAN .. that is a false statement'

All your yibberish about your dislike for Obama ..
So who cares, many people don't like him but to come off like the Christians rule this Government and you have to be a Christian and to put Isreal up on a Pedestal and whorship them like you do your GOD ..

No wonder things are such a mess with ideologies like yours .. have you ever thought of moveing to Isreal?? if you ever do let us know how ya really like it over there .. thats if you survive ..

Yeah ..I cant but help gigle a bit cuz to tell you the truth us Native Americans were here before you Christians
And after that it was the Saxons or VIlings then Spain then the Britts and french and the boats just came rolling on in lol

I like the fact we have other races are here in America and I and like the fact we have more than one religion .. And I am glad to say that I have friends from India and Algeria Sudan and all over ,,and they are not all Christians but include Muslims Hindus ect ..
It took me a long time to snap out of some bad feelings over the fact that Christians murdered many of my ancestors ..There are christians that actually feel this was wrong .. for what was done ..

Guaranteed there will be war after war after war al over religious conflict .So no matter who is president he will always end up with the previous presidents mess and Debt .. except for the Bushs .. Bush Jr. came in just to finish off his dads agenda IMO and Look what he left America at.. Can you tell me what good BUSH did ??

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
A religious person should not be allowed to lead the country at all. It is a sign of mental illness.

This is interesting. While you may be right the fact is MOST people in America are religious or at least they believe they are. That said, people look for leaders with common beliefs. That is the only reason for the argument.

I personally believe that religion MUST be separated from government specifically because of things like this thread where you get a bunch of fundamentalists with their own interpretation for things. Religion has caused an IMMEASURABLE amount of suffering on this planet. To even conceive of a country as a theocracy !! Oh man. I would leave immediately. Just look at the countries that ARE theocracies and you'll see my point.

Religion is a baby step...a kindergarten class...it is meant to be graduated from once you have that true connection within yourself. These rants are from 'kids' who have not graduated away from the need for an organized religion. It's cult or group behavior.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There are times I just don't understand ATS or humans in general.

The US economy and financial system is on the verge of crashing, while a coup has taken place in the IMF, the EU is on the verge of coming apart and yet.

The obsession with Israel continues.

Its almost like some bizarre memetic force or mind virus driving people insane.

I am practically convinced it is a mass psychogenic illness.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

hi.agreed.also anybody [like him] who condones "legal" abortion approves of murder.he's seems to be like all the other blaggards. peter

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There is not one single genuine follower of the teachings of Jesus Christ, who would support the frankly barbaric behaviour of Israel at this point. To believe otherwise marks one out as ignorant of Christs message, or just so obsessed with the utter destruction of other faiths, rather than peaceful conversion or coexistance, that they are worse than the most Godless heathen scum ever to walk on the face of this world.
Breaking ties with Israel, and using the enormous power at his disposal to pressure the Israeli government into more restrained action (if such a thing can be achieved) is the most Christian thing that a world leader has done in a very long time. I personaly have great love for Jesus, and his messege of peace. The blood that has been shed by those who ought to know better, on the soil on which he was born, on which he walked,and healed the sick, is an absolute disgrace, and supporting the government which continues the blood letting, and the deliberate starvation of an entire demographic is NOT a Christian thing to do , but a heresy against God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost.
My thinking? Its about damned time!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You are right. All these things we've been hearing are connected. From Obama's Birth Certificate to 9/11 up to the execution of Osama Bin Laden we have been witnessing the work of higher powers that are really running the show in America. These are interesting times - all these things are supposed to come to pass within one generation, which is 70 years, from the day Israel was created in 1948. There's supposed to be some great deception during the end times - is Obama's faith the deception?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What other insults can we throw at Obama, who is so clearly 'Other' that we must find every way to denigrate him?

I mean, it just wouldn't be Christian of us to look upon him with compassion and empathy.

We must first make damning judgements about his intentions, then use whatever means necessary to remove him, all the while decrying his Character and moral integrity.

It's the Christian thing to do.

Come on Christian Crusaders! Let's get him!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Good!!! I like him better now. Why on Earth would I want my President to believe in mythology? And, putting aside the mythology thing ... just whose God would he be listening too? Suppose he listens to the one that says the world ends tomorrow.

I don't like Obama at all because he is a Reagan conservative ... but if he is not a Christian, he just went up a couple pegs in my book.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

VERY well said. Israel is also a terrorist state. Many Israelis hate their government for it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

This is coming from a guy who has an alien as his avatar.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
A Christian is bound to protect Israel.

America is a Christian nation, like it or not!

editby]edit on 19-5-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Wrong, and wrong. Sorry, your premise is flawed. No reason to read anymore of this thread.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

While your post is well reasoned and I appreciate it, I do agree with the poster you quoted. I am assuming "religious" is a belief that tales found in Holy writ are, for the most part, true and are to be a guiding force in one's life. That pretty much precludes any mental and personal growth because to do so may subject one to damnation. That is a particular ignorance we don't want in our leaders. It has stifled mankind long enough. If "religious person" is thus defined, they should not be allowed anywhere near the voting booth or reigns of government.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
reply to post by Signals

This is coming from a guy who has an alien as his avatar.

Well put sir,

Not to mention he's talking about biblical Israel... as if there was no little gap between biblical times and the reestablishment of the state in 1948...
After which they were invaded the following day.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join