It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Its a tactic, one resorting to personal attacks when other methods either fail or don't produce the intended results.

If one can't convince another of his argument, he resorts to ridicule to feel justified and secure in his own views.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Look he says hes a Christian, then hes a Christian. It isn't a big deal.Hes an American born citizen, but people don't believe that either.

President Obama calling for Israel to compromise for PEACE is called a grown up decision. CNN just said this has been America's stance for a long time, but no President has ever came out and said it. So let me reiterate, ITS A GROWN UP DECISION.

We can't have peace without some give and take.

All religion does is piss people off. The United States IS a secular country, however without a religion your politically dead in the water, why? because rednecks and far right conservatives are the ones who vote. Liberals are too jaded to believe their vote counts so they simply don't. Thats why we don't have a voice.

Then Politicians who are (usually) republican try to push politics BASED on their PERSONAL BELIEFS. They push their view of morality on all of us by opposing things like Planned Parenthood, Stem Cell Research and even a CHANCE FOR PEACE by flipping their sh-t about giving back a little land. That should be illegal, it should be based on the good of the people and FOR the people.

Thats my 2 cents..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Many of the people in the Israeli government, like Minister of Foreign Affairs Avigdor Lieberman, are not acting out of religious superiority. Lieberman is an ultra-nationalist and an atheist. He is not acting due to a religious belief of being chosen by G-d. He is acting out of pure ultra-nationalism and prejudice.

Meanwhile, the Haredi Jews, considered the most religious in the country, are persecuted by their own government.

It is an absolute mess over there.

The best part being genetic tests showing the Palestinians are more closely related to the Israeli Jews than other Arabs in the region.

The whole conflict is asinine and segregation will not work.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Truther9111776

So...you would rather live in a nation that will be punished by God for turning it's back on Israel?

As supposedly "favored" and "chosen" by God, and the apple of God's eyes, Israel has an obligation to set an good example to the rest of the world.

And they do not.

They are like the spoiled hellion that runs around doing what t wants because it knows (thinks) daddy won't punish it, not matter it does. Well, Israel has another thing coming.

If God rewards those who stay loyal to a criminal murderous regime, then i want nothing to do with that God. Simply because Israel is supposedly "chosen" does not give it the right to do whatever it wants.

If God curses and condemns those who do not stand by the horrible things Israel does, which i not believe he would, that certainly doesn't say much for "God."

I would rather stand by what is ethical than what someone interprets i should do. At least then i know that my heart and soul are in the RIGHT place.

Being "favored" y God, Israel has an obligation to set an example for the rest of the world, not to run rampant under the protection of being "chosen." I think God would WANT Israel to set a better example and to be good stewards.

I think Israel is going to be quite surprised when/if the whole return happens.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

"A Christian is bound to protect Israel". Since when? I am a non denominational Christian and Israel can go &%$@ itself. The Christian faith owes nothing to those zionist bastards. They look upon gentile Christians as cattle. Them and the muslims can incinerate each other.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Thats a wonderfully objective and informed veiwpoint.

The language even poetic.

I'm sure Jesus would approve.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

you clearly choose and chose to lean on your own understanding.

if you at any time had faith, seems you fell into the catagory of almost immediately losing the faith you had by listening to worldly discussions and opinion. too bad.

there's alot of people like you. easily moved out of their place without giving a sound iron foot towards standing in the small amount of faith you had.

perhaps there is still time left for you to take His Words seriously.

perhaps not.

edit on 20-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Great way to be a part of the solution, sir.

(Heavy sarcasm implied)

this view on other peoples faiths is why the world is how it is.

link   
reply to post by Signals

Originally posted by Signals
My evidence? Today's speech. It is a serious breach to a close Ally's national security.

Last I checked, Christianity was preached as a religion of non-violence and of distancing the self from the concerns of this world.

Obama told us he was a Christian. A Christian is bound to protect Israel.

Really? When did Jesus say anything about that?

America is a Christian nation, like it or not!

No, America is a secular nation that is comprised of many different peoples of many different religious positions. This includes those with no position.

If you read the Bible you would know what happens to the nations that turn their back on Israel.

They tend to conquer it. Rome, Babylon, etc.

It's time for Christians to speak up.

Our President traded Usama for Israel.

There us nothing you can post here to refute the guy is not a Christian. It's another lie, piled on top of all the rest!!!

You know, I think plenty of Americans lie about being Christians because of the ignorant bigots like yourself. You automatically assume 'not a Christian' is a bad thing.

Thomas Jefferson? Not a Christian.

link   
reply to post by Tonosama

Oh my...That statement belongs in the log of Absurdity....politicians and religious leaders ave used religion as a whole for generations to shape thier agendas. Isalm is most certainly being weilded as a club for political gain but Christains are most certainly guilty of it as well. I mean this whole debate is over what the bible says about Isreal and how it should dictate National Policy. I would say GUILTY if on the jury that both Jews, Christains, and Muslims are using religion to shape policy !

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SignalsThere us nothing you can post here to refute the guy is not a Christian. It's another lie, piled on top of all the rest!!!

This is what will make me never believe anything you say. A quote like that proves your ignorance. When you put your foot down and say you will never believe what anyone says about something you are only going to hurt yourself. Every one should always have an open mind and listen to other whether their ideas are strange or different. Then it is your choice to believe or conclude what you will, but don't just turn a blind eye.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

It is what it is. I'm sure Jesus would approve of arrogance as well.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I don't get it, Christians and Muslims are just Jews who modified the original doctrine. When you tear away the cutsey prophets and Pagan admixing, all you get is Judaism.

Why this even matters I do not understand. Whether he is Christian or not is of little consequence to me, and I imagine is of little consequence to little Afghan, Iraqi, Pakistani and Yemeni children who have been killed in the heightened level of drone bombings in the last two years. It is probably also of little consequence to the American-born children whose illegal Haitian, Mexican, and El Salvadoran parents have been ripped from their embrace and sent to privately-owned immigrant detention centers waiting to be deported (whenever the profit motive for deportation out-scales that of detention...) at an accelerated pace in the last two years as well.

Seriously people, there are more pressing matters to attend to than he said, she said rumors about Obama that may or may not be true.

link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
reply to post by Signals

"A Christian is bound to protect Israel". Since when? I am a non denominational Christian and Israel can go &%$@ itself. The Christian faith owes nothing to those zionist bastards. They look upon gentile Christians as cattle. Them and the muslims can incinerate each other.

Aint it the truth?
Love the avatar. Great movie.
We all have days like that dont we?
Least I do.

link   
Id rather him NOT be a Christian.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well if he's not a christian he's gonna be screwed on Sunday ...... according to some folk

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm particularly enjoying the cherry picked responses from signals. Yet so far we have ... 13 pages, only 12 flags, and STILL the unanswered question of "where in the bible does it say you have to support the secular state of israel to be a christian"?

Cus last I checked bro...

"Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

"You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created." (Revelation 4:11).

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” (John 3:3)

So..... where exactly did you see this bit about Israel? I'm DYING to know. I mean the rapture is what, 24 hours away after all

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Being a Christian means to be like Christ.

He loved the person, not the persons sinful actions.

He did not make personal judgments, but he was extremely judgemental on sin and keeping of the law.

He tolerated the person, not the sin.

He brought peace to those who followed the law. Not those who lived however they chose.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Dr. Manning told people this years ago.....Usama for Israel.....even though I believe the government of Israel need to be in prison just like our government does.

Yes he did!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The truth?

This is part of the problem. Reaffirmation of nonsense, such as Israelis or Jews viewing Christians as cattle, etc.

This affirmation of nonsense is on both sides of the issue and a major problem in finding a solution.

The US government is no position to ignore the problem or let them incinerate each other, unless you want to live in the streets in a neo-feudal America that resembles Afghanistan and Somalia.
edit on 20/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: feu

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join