It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I think plenty of Americans lie about being Christians because of the ignorant bigots like yourself.

Sorry, but I expect more from a veteran poster such as yourself.

Personal attacks will not lower those expectations.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Still ignoring the question I see.
So I have a joke for you. YOU MIGHT EVEN GET IT :O

A Pagan died and, much to her surprise,
found herself at the Pearly Gates facing St. Peter.
He walked up to her and said, "Hello, and welcome.

She stared at St. Peter in complete confusion. "Wait a minute," she said.
"I was supposed to end up in the Summerlands."

He smiled. "Ah, you must be one of our Pagan sisters. Follow me, please."

Peter gestured for her to follow him down a small path which went through the gates and down a bit to the left.
They walked for a short while, then he stepped back and gestured her forward. Looking past his hand, she saw the verdant fields and forests of her desired Summerlands. She saw people feasting, dancing, and making merry, exactly as she expected.

While shaking her head in wonder, the Pagan happened to glance over to one side and saw a small group of people a short way away from the edge of the Summerlands. The people in the group were watching the revelers, but not joining them. Instead, they were screaming and weeping piteously. The Pagan looked at St. Peter. "Who are those people? St. Peter replied,

"Them? They're Fundamentalists. They're a bit surprised to see you all there, so they stand there and carry on like that all day."

"Why? Don't they have better things to do?"

Peter leaned conspiratorially toward her.
"They don't really have a choice. They're actually in Hell. God doesn't like being told what He thinks."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What do you care? You won't be around after tomorrow anyway, right?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by steven704

It sounds better when you read the entire context of the speech.

The problem is the spark that will be created in the Muslim world....on small town levels, on border town levels, on large scale policy issues.

As soon as he suggested pre-1967 borders, it was on.

If you don't believe me, just sit back and watch what happens next. Major conflict in the M.E., it will be an inferno. BO just gave the suicide bombers a green light!

The man has

NO CLUE

about foreign policy, as evidenced yet again by yesterday's speech.

If anything he is purposefully destabilizing the entire region! Libya anyone?!?!?!?

And, back to the point of the thread. He lied to us about being a Christian. As a Christian, this makes me furious, and it should any other Christian too!

Actually it is you who has no clue and are just another no nonsense fear monger. Israel is the one who is poking sticks at its neighbors and the neighbors are doing it back. It's like a couple of fat children fighting over the last chicken nugget over there.

Big deal if Obama says that they should stick with the 67 treaty borders. They friggen should!

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

Where is your proof that he is a Non christian?

I am a Christian and I would have told the Israel government to go eff themselves a long time ago.

I am just being honest. Muslims and Jews should be treated the same in my opinion as should any other race on this planet. Israel is not being fair to it's neighbors.
edit on 20-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by rlnochance

Psalm 122:6

christianactionforisrael.org...

www.britam.org...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

op good post. im not from usa, but i would support the jewish over the muslem infadels any day of the week. i am christian, and dont forget the jews are gods chosen people. the bible may have been written by men, but it can not lie. if i was in power i have a list of countrys i would destroy by nuke. i know this all seems very harsh, but this world will never have peace, as long as non christians are here. through war comes peace. i would also tell you who i think obama really is, but i got an off topic block for saying it on another thread. its about time christians got some balls and started speaking out, so well done op.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rlnochance

I posted the verses earlier but here you go:

Genesis 12:1-4
The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran.

Cherry picking?
I try to answer everybody, it's tough on a quick-moving thread.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
reply to post by Signals

That's a very funny joke that has been shared numerous times on this thread so far.

None of my posts mention anything about a "Rapture" of any kind.

Let's stick to the facts, our President lied about being a Christian.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Then again the New Testament supersedes the Old, the Old Testament ironically is the Holy book of Judaism. So of course it would say pray for the peace of Jerusalem!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by steven704
reply to post by Jrocbaby

you clearly choose and chose to lean on your own understanding.

if you at any time had faith, seems you fell into the catagory of almost immediately losing the faith you had by listening to worldly discussions and opinion. too bad.

there's alot of people like you. easily moved out of their place without giving a sound iron foot towards standing in the small amount of faith you had.

perhaps there is still time left for you to take His Words seriously.

perhaps not.

edit on 20-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

I have better than faith buddy, perhaps there is still time for you left to stop being lied to by everyone you know, perhaps not. There's a lot of people like you, easily moved into religion without giving a sound consideration on why you are even believing in it.

Faith is for the weak and easily convinced. When you put faith in something that does not change, there's the problem. To have a good understanding around the world around you, your grasp on reality must change, for you and those like it nothing ever changes. When you have the same belief on reality as when you were taught at 6 and never changed at all, that is a personal problem. 2000 years later you got the big guy STILL watching you every second. The substances exist on this planet for you to learn that yourself that all this religion and economics and everything does not even matter.

You can be as faithful as you wish, and I could never change that. I just wish people would question what they are even doing and for what reason.

Pathetic really
edit on 20-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGeneral33

op good post. im not from usa, but i would support the jewish over the muslem infadels any day of the week. i am christian, and dont forget the jews are gods chosen people. the bible may have been written by men, but it can not lie. if i was in power i have a list of countrys i would destroy by nuke. i know this all seems very harsh, but this world will never have peace, as long as non christians are here. through war comes peace. i would also tell you who i think obama really is, but i got an off topic block for saying it on another thread. its about time christians got some balls and started speaking out, so well done op.

What the hell are you talking about.

Believe in GOD, fine, but do not say the Bible is the truth because it isn't

It was written by very biased men. In fact everything about our religion is stolen from a previous religion... just look up the Sumerians.

They believed in two gods.... a man and a female.

The sh*t is made up whether you like it or not.

I personally just believe in a creator thats it...no bible is correct in my mind as it has been skewed and screwed for centuries.

If we are all children of GOD then how are the Jews the chosen people?

Answer that one.
edit on 20-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

The Sumerians had far more than two gods.

They had a whole pantheon. Male, female, other.
edit on 20/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: egad

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Ya people don't realize you can still believe in god, and not be religious. They are just too stupid, so stupid in fact that they cannot think on their own, so they need a book to live their lives by.

The definition of a sheep

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Believe in GOD, fine, but do not say the Bible is the truth because it isn't
reply to post by mudbeed

The Bible was written by men. Obviously! Because women never would have written it like that!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

like i said it was probs written by men a long long time ago but they were instructed by god what to write. i know all about most of the theorys and i still say the bible does not lie. anyway time will tell if mr o is a good person/christian or not

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
reply to post by Signals

That's a very funny joke that has been shared numerous times on this thread so far.

None of my posts mention anything about a "Rapture" of any kind.

Let's stick to the facts, our President lied about being a Christian.

You are a liar. How is it a fact?

Aren't we supposed to deny ignorance here and not spread it?

I don't care if you are Right or Left, Christian Muslim or Jew...there are no facts in this thread whatsoever.

You are making a fool out of yourself making such statements.

Personally, after looking through your responses...it is safe to say you don't understand a whole lot.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

So some good may come out of his speech after all?

Well Israel has been sowing the seeds of the whirlwind for decades now.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My evidence? Today's speech. It is a serious breach to a close Ally's national security.

Obama told us he was a Christian. A Christian is bound to protect Israel.

Did Jesus help out Israel by taking other people's money without their permission and then sending cash to the people in charge like Christian favorites John McCain and Mitt Romney method of choice today? Or did Jesus help out Israel solely by peaceful means, showing compassion to the most HATED people in Israel. Jesus solution to terrorism would have been to give Osama bin Ladin a HUG rather than a round between the eyes (if that really even happened). And it would have worked. Of course Jesus would have never heard of Osama bin Ladin if he were really as popular as you suggest, because rather than sending out troops to install an American form of government there, he would sent out disciples to teach people to love each other without condition. If he did decide to become a troop it wouldn't be under the American flag... it would be on his own accord. Nobody would have ever heard of Osama bin Ladin or even terrorism if the self-described Christians in America would chose to focus on peaceful solutions to problems instead of violent solutions.

The people in charge of America right now are violent and imperial in part because the American "Christians" out there support a violent foreign policy. Jesus is the best celebrity role model I know of and I wish people like you would adapt his way of life. And by that I mean you don't support Israel by robbing from the rich and sending a check to the Israel government. You support Israel by giving responsible Israeli charities and private groups your own money, your own time, and your own efforts... and hopefully you do your part to make sure that nobody goes hungry on the other sides of the Israel border as well.

If you want to see what real Christians behave like, look at the Ron Paul family for good ideas... look at what charities Ron Paul's sons have supported. I talked to Ron Paul in person and he mentioned a passage of the Christian Bible to me as a side-note. Those are the kind of people who I respect and look up to. Is Obama a Christian? No... but he's just as Christian a very large fraction of Americans out there like MIKE HUCKABEE... the hypocrite of all hypocrites.... Mr. former pastor who lives in a giant mansion and has decided violence is the answer to our problems.
edit on 20-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

they were instructed by god what to write.
reply to post by TheGeneral33

Who said they were instructed by God?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
reply to post by mudbeed

Ya people don't realize you can still believe in god, and not be religious. They are just too stupid, so stupid in fact that they cannot think on their own, so they need a book to live their lives by.

The definition of a sheep

Thats almost everyone on the planet.

Books to live by:

The Bible
The Koran
The Constitution and Federalist Papers
Common Sense
Rights of Man
The Communist Manifesto
Mein Kampf
Mao's Red Book.
The Prince