It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic promotes alien invasion scenario.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by spacevisitor

This is interesting, but i don't buy the Alien Invasion Scenario.

Hi Arken, I do not buy it also.

There is no only a single race that visiting this planet currently, but many races.

I agree.

They are so powerful that can travel through the stars and they visiting this planet from long long Time.

I agree.

Why wipe out the human kind right now?

Do not assume that they are all friendly out there.

I think that The Peaceful Visitation will be the real scenario.
When they openly will show themselves, we will see not only one Race but Many.

Is it not so then that they are showing themselves already so now and then openly?

Is better, for all of us, to accept their existance and to learn cooperation.

I think that we have already some kind of cooperation with some of them?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

National Geographic’s “When Aliens Attack” follows a recent story on ExoNews.org that Osama Bin Laden’s death paves the way for a false flag alien invasion.

i've always found the theory of a false flag alien invasion just ridiculous,it would mean every government in the world,would have to be involved,and even then it is in reality,impossible to pull off,and absolutely ludicrous !

the only alien invasion this planet is likely to ever have,is if some form of bacterial virus crash's to earth..

and the though of a alien invasion in the sense the films portray,is very alluring in the fantasy sense..but in reality if any form of intelligent life could cross the stars to reach earth...were so primitive,there would be no need for the hollywood invasion type scenario.

kinda like the earth worms V the human race ....no contest.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I watched this the other day and was extremly dissapointed, if an advanced alien race where to invade it wouldnt be independance day style battle, the simplest attack would just to release a virus on to the planet. Job done.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Why would aliens "invade" ?

Exterminate us and take the planet, yes.
Invade, no.

Resources not a realistic reason, water is easy to get in many
ways that do not require crossing the stars and if aliens passed
by our solar system and wanted water they could take it from
Saturn's rings without all the hassle of coming deep into the Sun's
gravity well.

Oxygen and other gases are made now at our level of technology
so advanced aliens would not need O2.

Metals are found in any solar system that has rocky planets like
Earth, Mars, Mercury, and Venus.

Food seems ridiculous as their biology should, by all reasoning, be
too different for them to eat us.

But even if they could eat us it would also stand to reason that if
they have technology to cross the stars they would have solved
their food problems with technology.

Slave Labor also seems ridiculous, if they have the technology to
cross the stars they should have the technology to employ robotic
labor.

A competent alien race would simply eliminate humans with an
airborne short lived bioweapon that targets human DNA and
causes rapid decomposition of the corpse.

If aliens come to take Earth we will probably never know it, they
would likely drop bioweapons covertly on the planet and we would
already be dead and decomposed when their ships land.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
how nice that our world is setting the stage with all the mean alien movies and tv shows

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have been finding it a little strange that we're currently having this plethora of "Alien Invasion" flavored programming and films. But we can take solace in the fact that the films have prepared for invasion not by Aliens but by Idiots from Space. Observe who will really invade us:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

It's your government overlords making fun of you.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Whilst I am not of the "Alien Invasion Persuasion" (that's my I.P. if your taking my rhyme!) if it were to happen I am not going for this global wipeout scenario.

We are here today because we have evolved to be tough, mean, intelligent, adaptive, covert, overt, compassionate, intuitive [insert more here].

During war or times of threat, our technology can leap from hot air balloons to jet fighters to walking on the moon in 60 years. From mechanical deciper machines to super computers in 40 years, from dying from cancer 90% of the time to a success rate of 80% cured (made up but et the picture).

We are not a backward race of people, military tactics developed over thousands of years of warfare, a resilience to millions of biological threats, human reproduction without sex, a noahs arc of seeds and stuff.

Just because something could fly through space to attack us, doesnt make us a walk over or make them a sure thing, we are special multi talented multi layered race of people, we can fight or hide, we can deceive and convince.

I dont think we give ourselves enough credit for what we are capable of......IMO

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
Watched this the other night, 2 hours long though -_-

Strange...it hasn't aired yet and you have seen it?

Am I missing something here?

Mind linking me to some information that says people can watch this now?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Strange...it hasn't aired yet and you have seen it?

Am I missing something here?

Mind linking me to some information that says people can watch this now?

Saw it here in the UK on Monday night, Natgeo 9pm. 2 hours long, aliens invade, we fight/hide then attack with... well you have to see it to believe it so I won't spoil it for you.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

Edit: US times are May 22, 8pm ET for the first episode and May 24, 8pm ET for the second. Not sure why it was shown here in the UK first and in a double episode.
edit on 19-5-2011 by PW229 because: Added US schedule information.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

National Geographic’s “When Aliens Attack” follows a recent story on ExoNews.org that Osama Bin Laden’s death paves the way for a false flag alien invasion.

i've always found the theory of a false flag alien invasion just ridiculous,it would mean every government in the world,would have to be involved,and even then it is in reality,impossible to pull off,and absolutely ludicrous !

Hi TheMaverick, regarding that you find a false flag alien invasion ridiculous and impossible, here is an interesting interview with Dr. Carol Rosin who was asked once by Dr. Werner von Braun to join him at Fairchild Industries to help him create a ban of weapons in space.

DR. WERNER VON BRAUN "Enemy List" To DR CAROL ROSIN IN THE LATE 70's

American "Enemy's List" to Sustain War Mode and Pentagon Budgets
o
Soviet Union
o
Terorrists
o
Asteroids
o
Extraterrestrials
Q: THAT IS WHY HE GAVE YOU AN ENEMY'S LIST THAT WOULD BE PERPETUATED?
That's right. He repeated this continuously. He would say that starting where I entered the industry with the supposed Russian threat, but never actually existed the Russians were made to be the enemy.
Then there would be terrorists,
Third World country threats.
There would be an asteroid threat. They might even say to us to try to influence the public into believing that there are many reasons for why we should put weapons in space. There might be a reason to protect our assets in space.
But, the real one that he was always holding off on and would say again with tears filling his eyes every time he said this to me repeatedly was that the last card they are holding is the 'alien card,' the extraterrestrial card and none of them are hostile. In any way he could say those words, the intonation was always on, 'None of them are hostile. It's all a lie.' So, in other words, all the enemies that have been presented to us along the way it's a lie with always the intention of seizing the high ground to keep the truth from us.

iqxs.posterous.com...

Dr. Carol Rosin in the Disclosure Project

Originally posted by TheMaverick
and the though of a alien invasion in the sense the films portray,is very alluring in the fantasy sense..but in reality if any form of intelligent life could cross the stars to reach earth...were so primitive,there would be no need for the hollywood invasion type scenario.

kinda like the earth worms V the human race ....no contest.

I agree.

edit on 19/5/11 by spacevisitor because: made a correction

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Their technology may have gone down a completley different route to ours so our tech may still effect theirs

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well if aliens attack, can we all agree that disclosure has happened?!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just curious - and asked here on ATS many times - an answer to which is proving frustratingly elusive:

WHAT IS the real, official policy of US, any other world government, or any supranational organization (e.g., UN, etc.) with regards to a POTENTIAL attack?

I mean really - all this denial crap about UFO/Aliens from TPTB is one thing, but are we to accept that we HAVE NO PLAN just in case an alien mothership suddenly appears from behind the dark side of the moon?

Frequent and varied requests - even FOIA requests always produce the same result, something to the effect of: "...UFOs and Aliens are unproven/hoaxes/anomalies, etc., and because they officially do not exist, there is no threat, so there is no plan to deal with them..."

WHAT??? Are we collectively that naive and stupid so as to be completely unprepared in the event that 'they' might show up? Ok, so we can't build a defense against a threat that we don't understand. That's a given. BUT NO PLAN OF ANY KIND? No document, course of action, protocol - nothing!?!?!

Scenario: After many years of professional, diligent, and very expensive research and development, NASA's Astrobiology Institute an announcement is made that alien life is confirmed. A short time later, radio astronomer's detect a large object in the solar system. At first, it is assumed to be a wayward planetoid or other benign celestial object. Further research confirms the (hitherto) unthinkable: the object is regularly adjusting its course and speed. Calculations indicate we have about 14 months before it reaches its apparent intersection path with Earth's orbit.

Well - what do we do then? Sigh a huge collective, "Oops"??!?

Of course some privileged members of society will immediately kick "plan-making" into high gear; bunkers, bomb shelters, defense mechanisms, most of which will likely prove fruitless assuming hostile intent. But what about the rest of us poor schleps?

Anarchy will prevail long before 'the arrival" (again, assuming we are even told of the coming event). I don;t know about you, but I'm going to be mighty pissed that our planet's "leaders" held their collective head in the sand for decades under the guise of "plausible denial" and ultimately have nothing more to declare to the public than, "uh... we're sorry, we really didn't think they were real...".

SO - IS THERE REALLY NO PLAN WHATSOEVER!?!?

O - M - G ...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The only real "invasion" scenario I would entertain is the bug scenario al la Tyranids (for those familiar with Warhammer 40k the tyranids devour planets to increase their numbers and "harvest" dna, which they add to their own vairous strains) or the zerg from starcraft (basically see tyranids since they're relatively alike save for some cannon)

If its relatively mindless (or hive-minded, with supermassive living ships that need rediculoud supplies to stay alive) then science doesn't. Solve their problems since they wouldn't be a philisophical race. It would just be eat, reproduce, evolve, repeat.
edit on 19-5-2011 by TheQuantumAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

I mean really - all this denial crap about UFO/Aliens from TPTB is one thing, but are we to accept that we HAVE NO PLAN just in case an alien mothership suddenly appears from behind the dark side of the moon?

SO - IS THERE REALLY NO PLAN WHATSOEVER!?!?

O - M - G ...

Well, good question Outrageo, I did find one plan so far and I hope you will find it good enough to put your mind at rest for at least a short time.
Because it looks quite serious.

If the aliens are not biological...simply machines, do a simply worldwide coordinated balloon assault armed with high explosives and scavenged military bombs.

Alien invasion what would happen if…?

Alien invasion countdown
No one knows how it will happen, but leading scientists believe that some day we will make contact with extra-terrestrial intelligence. And if the aliens make it to Earth, they may not come in peace. In the event of a hostile alien visitation, here's how it might play out...

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF...?

Sometime in the future - possibly the very near future - the world will go about its business as usual. But at a remote observatory, a space anomaly is reported. Something unusual - and large - appears to be approaching Earth. Experts aren't sure how to react. The first sighting alerts sky-watchers around the world...

From 8 HOURS BEFORE CONTACT until NINE MONTHS AFTER CONTACT, read all about it here

natgeotv.com...

NINE MONTHS AFTER CONTACT
Astro-biologists say that humans would be more in danger from alien bacteria, and germ warfare has no effect. But, what if the aliens are not biological...simply machines?

In the case of non-biological attackers, there is one low-tech weapon that may be a match for the best technology of intergalactic invaders: a balloon. This unlikely weapon could be a game-changer.
A balloon is so low-tech that it could be nearly invisible.Around the world, a coordinated balloon assault armed with high explosives and scavenged military bombs is underway. Throughout history, low tech assaults regularly succeed against superior technology.

A human victory over alien technology may have less to do with tactics, and more to do with the human spirit - as it's evolved over 200,000 years.

natgeotv.com...

edit on 19/5/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
reply to post by Phage

That won't work, if Aliens have travelled Millions of light years in a short space of time, which means their technology is to advance for us to even think of, a computer virus at our stage in advance technology won’t have any affect.

My opinion.

it's all 1's and 0's, besides I'm sure there is some under achieving MIT grad working for some local TV station that has already developed a program for this specific reason.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

I don't find it ridiculous, never heard of the NWO? ^^

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

See. Here's what you do
You use a captured alien ship to fly to one of the ships. You then upload a virus to the ship which causes all of the force fields to shut down. You then fire a sidewinder (or maybe an AAMRAM) up that beam thingy in the middle of the ship.

Viola! We win and the dog lives. Ray!

False flag. pfft.
edit on 5/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

But where will we get an old Mac from???

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Alpal

Really? Are you sure?
Because I saw a movie about it and it worked great.

Can't stop...laughing, must tell...internet...

I can't believe how perfectly that went. I almost suspect Phage of conspiring with the other poster to set that one up and knock it out of the park like that.

I think the exchange which ended with the above demonstrates that we are coping with the difficulties of communication between entities who clearly come from totally different planets already.

edit on 19-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button likes my hair this way

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join