It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed Eye Witness Account says Osama mission was aborted and unsuccessful.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.veteranstoday.com...

An article by Gordon Duff refers to a report from a Pakistani news channel. Although the testimony of the eye witness is as yet unconfirmed, I've got to say this story has a certain ring of truth to me.

Snippet:

:

A Pakistan news agency reports that the bin Laden raid on Abbottabad was aborted because of a helicopter crash which killed several passengers, believed to be Pashtu speaking Americans.

Though this is from a news agency, it is an eyewitness account and unconfirmed. Veterans Today has received this story from several sources but most recently from our comments section. Thanks!

If this story is true, it would be a disaster for the Obama presidency, deeply paralleling the unsuccessful hostage rescue attempt in Iran during the Carter presidency

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

This looks like a cooked up story for the sake of the Pakistani people. Give them peace of mind that we didn't just come into their country and do as we pleased.

But, who knows? This story has been f'ed since day one.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The word "unconfirmed" is enough to say it's B.S.

second line.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

So can I ask you a question? How is it that a helicopter crashes, yet no one is hurt?

Why would a helicopter crash?

BTW this was posted already, last night... too lazy to find the link... use search
edit on 17-5-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Because the tail hit the outer wall as it was landing. A sudden drop of a foot or two isn't going to hurt anyone. Especially in a helicopter with sprung landing gear.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Depends upon how strong the impact was. People have survived helicopter crashes before. This isn't unique. I'm sure the pilot and co pilot were banged up a bit, but they certainly could still walk away from it. The report on the crash says it wasn't a devastating fall from a high altitude. It's one of the reasons why they had to destroy the remains because it was still pretty much intact. Even after the demolition explosion the tail remained intact.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Even the MSM reported a helicopter crash, and there were also reports that the US had asked Pakistan to return the helicopter bits to them.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
The word "unconfirmed" is enough to say it's B.S.

second line.

It may mean that to you, but it's actually responsible journalism - stating that they haven't yet been able to confirm the statement. It doesn't suggest it is bs at all.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Helicopters have a safety feature called auto rotation that engages in the event of a crash landing. It helps the helicopter land.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'd say confirming a source before posting the article to begin with, would be a more responsible form of journalism.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I just found this video on youtube:

Leaked - Top Secret Stealth Helicopter Crash Parts. Mission Kill Osama Bin Laden
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar

I'd say confirming a source before posting the article to begin with, would be a more responsible form of journalism.

They have checked it out as best they can and I checked it out as best I could - I am unable to confirm the truth of the article, are you?

Perhaps you would like to ask the Whitehouse? I'm sure they would be more than willing to let you know the truth and provide the evidence you require.

edit on 17-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My recent post to this thread was censored because, I think, I repeated a post to this thread's origination.

I maintain that when a copter crashes, even when hovering low to the ground, there are casualities. Where are the dead and the injured crew and passengers from this crash?

This was a rather large craft as they go, capable of carrying several persons. Forget auto-gyro capabilities, such is worthless when the power/control outage is close to the ground. The true scenerio is probably either the pilot made an error or the craft took a fatal hit from an AK-47 or RPG.

Copters die with a lot of thrashing around. People inside and outside are torn apart like rag dolls. That situation exactly fits the discription given by the villager and that is a form of proof that the mission had far more serious problems than reported. In short, the downed copter probably fell into our people on the ground. Add crew members possible killed or injured and I guesstimate about a dozen of our people were killed or injured.

Another "proof" as far as I'm concerned is that the widely ballyhood image from the Situation Room was a terrible mistake. It clearly shows the President, shrunken, cowering down in his chair in horror. That picture will haunt him the rest of his life regardless of the outcome of this fiasco. Don't believe for a moment the later spin given to the image that they did not have actual coverage of the scene at that instant. That is horror, not apprehension in his look. An Israeli newspaper published the image but removed Clinton from the scene because she is a woman. They should have removed Obama.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
reply to post by WeRpeons

So can I ask you a question? How is it that a helicopter crashes, yet no one is hurt?

Why would a helicopter crash?

BTW this was posted already, last night... too lazy to find the link... use search
edit on 17-5-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

How do you know no-one was hurt? Because the government didn't announce it?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
My recent post to this thread was censored because, I think, I repeated a post to this thread's origination.

I maintain that when a copter crashes, even when hovering low to the ground, there are casualities. Where are the dead and the injured crew and passengers from this crash?

This was a rather large craft as they go, capable of carrying several persons. Forget auto-gyro capabilities, such is worthless when the power/control outage is close to the ground. The true scenerio is probably either the pilot made an error or the craft took a fatal hit from an AK-47 or RPG.

Copters die with a lot of thrashing around. People inside and outside are torn apart like rag dolls. That situation exactly fits the discription given by the villager and that is a form of proof that the mission had far more serious problems than reported. In short, the downed copter probably fell into our people on the ground. Add crew members possible killed or injured and I guesstimate about a dozen of our people were killed or injured.

Another "proof" as far as I'm concerned is that the widely ballyhood image from the Situation Room was a terrible mistake. It clearly shows the President, shrunken, cowering down in his chair in horror. That picture will haunt him the rest of his life regardless of the outcome of this fiasco. Don't believe for a moment the later spin given to the image that they did not have actual coverage of the scene at that instant. That is horror, not apprehension in his look. An Israeli newspaper published the image but removed Clinton from the scene because she is a woman. They should have removed Obama.

I hadn't thought of that, but now you mention it, yes, the picture from the situation room does suggest horror, not apprehension, as does Hillary's hand over her mouth. The image we were shown fits this scenario much more than it fits the OS.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There was a thread on ATS about the compound and the helicopter crash.

That there was a crash is a fact.

This thread includes photos of the crashed helicopter which confirm the video I posted earlier of leaked footage showing the crashed black hawk stealth helicopter.

It's worth re-reading that thread, link below:.

"A crashed military helicopter is seen near the hideout of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the eye witness account is true, and the truth can be proven, this would be HUGE.

Let's keep digging.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Depends upon how strong the impact was. People have survived helicopter crashes before. This isn't unique. I'm sure the pilot and co pilot were banged up a bit, but they certainly could still walk away from it. The report on the crash says it wasn't a devastating fall from a high altitude. It's one of the reasons why they had to destroy the remains because it was still pretty much intact. Even after the demolition explosion the tail remained intact.

My grandpa, a Canadian Sgt. Major, survived 6 heli crashes. 3 in Korea. then again, they were mostly prototypes back then

link   

The plan unraveled as the first helicopter tried to hover over the compound. The Black Hawk skittered around uncontrollably in the heat-thinned air, forcing the pilot to land. As he did, the tail and rotor got caught on one of the compound’s 12-foot walls. The pilot quickly buried the aircraft’s nose in the dirt to keep it from tipping over, and the SEALs clambered out into an outer courtyard.

More information about the raid can be found here.

link   
Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of US military personnel killed in combat?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's all down to the witness's credibility, he made his statement on camera and he is either telling the truth or lying. I see nothing wrong in reporting eyewitness statements. How many real eyewitness's were there at 9/11 who made their statements on camera unconfirmed, remember Harley man? The Vets page is being pretty responsible really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join