It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS The Time Is NOW! STOP THE FEAR!!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I'm like you were I'm just not afraid to check anything out (Except Scientology, too many people I know have and they just won't leave you alone for years, literally)

Before this gets buried, I just wanted to tell you, when I was in NYC I was walking past the church there, pretty girl hooked me in there. I bought the book, I get hammered with Spam all the time 6 years later.

They market that's for sure.

I digress.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Synch*

These are the ideas that I have been wrestling with and attempting to bring to synthesis for the past few years. I am obsessed with this type of thing, really.
Others have linked me to Wolfram and I thought that I would get back to him when I can do the math (closing fast) but now from your post and link I see that I can access this stuff pretty well considering my thick skull.

So I am so grateful for the link. This is even better than the stuff I was cryptically referring to. Mira...

Second, complex behaviour can be defined as the ability to perform sophisticated calculations. Hence, "intelligence is associated with the ability to do sophisticated calculations". Here, "calculation" is meant to be a general term. It does not matter whether the calculation is performed with numbers, the black and white cells in a cellular automaton, text, images or anything else. For example, the particles in a fluid could be used to perform a calculation.

In fact, "it is possible to think of any process that follows definite rules as being a computation - regardless of the elements it involves". This implies that we can think of natural processes as computations, where the rules are defined by the laws of nature, instead of programs written by human beings.

The rules can be described as mappings or functions that take a system from one state to another. In other words, "all processes, whether they are produced by human effort or occur spontaneously in nature, can be viewed as computations".

...it follows that intelligence can be found wherever there are systems with the ability to perform complex calculations. Since such systems are commonplace in nature, it follows that intelligence is ubiquitous in the cosmos. Wolfram approves of the primitive, animist notion that the weather has a mind of its own: when we say this, "we are in effect attributing intelligence to the motion of a fluid".

Source:www.angelfire.com...

I have been really enjoying the read. Thank you, MM..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Lake Travis, Austin Texas

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/884bf768b4d6.jpg[/atsimg]

I wanted to share a story about fear, or lack of this morning.

How many of you have cliff dived or jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at 13,000 ft?

Both are exhilarating. I have never felt more alive as I did while doing these things. They say skydiving is better than orgasm, I have to agree. Only jumped out of a plane once though.

When I was young, I used to go to summer camp every year in Austin. As you can see it is a beautiful place. I spent many summers on that lake. This is where I learned to water ski (pre boogie board era), sail, distance swim and relinquish some fear of cliff diving.

Lake Travis is actually a large portion of the Colorado River that has been damned up. It provides fresh water for the entire Austin area.

For years and years the water level remained a constant, not having any substantial cliffs, some, but generally not more than 20 feet or so. Austin can become very arid without much rain at times. The water is not replenished and the lake drops.

There was a particular marina that the summer camp docked all the boats, Jonestown nonetheless. Well this marina was where we had home base at the lake. It was always visible during constant water levels. You knew exactly where it was.

One year after upon the first day at the lake for our summer activities, we all got off the bus, probably 25 - 30 of us. We were excited to get back in that water. Someone took off running towards the rocks that we always jumped from. We, thinking back now had a flash mob, we all blindly followed. We did not care, we knew those waters well. No danger.

As we were running towards the edge I was wondering where that marina was that we could always see. I assumed they might have moved it, keep going. As we got closer and the first few people went off I could hear screams, not in excitement but something else, fear! Too late almost there, keep going can't stop and look like I'm scared. Full steam ahead.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c61784e3084.jpg[/atsimg]

Upon my exit from Terra firma, I realized something was terribly wrong. The marina was still there but not anywhere close to it's usual position. I saw my friends below me in the water and realized two things.

Hard landing on metal or flesh.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71be01767b23.jpg[/atsimg]

I could have died that day! I missed both only by inches.

So friends I think you already know my moral of the story.

Look where your going, and make sure your parachute is packed correctly!

Things do not go as planned sometimes.

It's not the fall that kills you but the landing!

edit on 28-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Kind of off subject, but this is one of my favorite things to do also and my favorite place to do it.

Fun Fun!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So,

Just jumped in the car to wash it...

What's on the radio?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Wow, TimeWalker. Your story made my palms sweat. That is just an incredible story, what a powerful experience that must have been.

I can actually really relate to your story as I have jumped out of many, many aircraft of all sorts; helicopters, C130s, C141s and dirigibles.

I never got used to it and it really just got scarier and scarier until I exited the military. I had some bad jumps so that probably did not help. Also, we had an entire battalion of parachute packers dedicated to packing our chutes so there was never an opportunity to pack your own. On top of that I was a medic so while in garrison I had to pull drop-zone coverage and I am just a worry-wart by nature so standing there worrying about these guys breaking ankles or worse probably helped to crank up the anxiety as well.

I should add that just watching History Channel's 'Dog Fights' makes my palms almost squirt sweat. Exhilarating, but my adrenals don't like it as much as my hind-brain.

Anyway, so it could be just a total fear and anxiety rollercoaster at times. I had a really bad jump in the Southern U.S. that reminds me a little of your story in terms of what one perceives to be true about a situation while the reality of it is entirely different.

I will try and describe it. So we are cruising along in our C130 along with other birds of the same type also full of the rest of our Battalion. It is a short trip from GR to wherever we are going. Within like 20 minutes we go down to nap of the earth so the ride gets really rocky and we are bucking and rocking; dudes are puking. Not rainbows.
We get the signal to stand up ( I will never forget this one )....

Wait. Need to digress. I am 18 years old at the time. I have a girl back home and I am being very clever. Because I have speed taped a sony walkman with an external mic to my rig. My plan being to record the whole thing for her and really score big time on leave (smahht Unicorn).
So you need to know this.

So we stand up (I could die of laughter and so would you if you could see what it takes to stand 30 dudes up with their parachute rigs and all the weapons and rucks and stuff...crazy time) We hook up, we shuffle forward. I turn on the mic and check for the little green light on the walkman. In the recording you can hear me ask the jumpmaster to come back and help me fiddle with the safety wire on my static line.

We are just getting a beating down there at 5-600 feet. Just beaten up. Dudes are whooping and hollering. We are supposed to pop up to 800 at least for the drop. They aren't really allowed to green light us at less than 500.
So I don't know what is going on up front but in all the noise and ruckus we get the green light and as we are pushing forward (Go, Go, Go!) the freaking bird sort goes up and to its left (had to put that together, palms sweating now) and we are out into the blue.

So later, after this whole fracas is over, I get part of the story from the dudes who saw it from the ground...
There was incredible wind at the drop zone. The birds were having a terrible time getting it together at the altitude they needed to be at and the guys said that they were all over the place in terms of attitude and altitude.

So we essentially shoot out the door like a line of pinballs. I am so focused on the stupid walkman that I don't even check my canopy. I turn the thing on as it had been turned off somehow as I exited the aircraft.
I start right away to talk in to the thing,
"Hi, it's me. Just jumped out of the airplane and I'm up here and...I'm...fallin'prettyfu!$infast............!
I realize I'm freakin' fallin' way too damn fast so THEN I check the canopy and I have a 'Mae West' (had to be told this by the medics on the ground as all I could see was a badly fouled canopy) and all my air is escaping out either side of the stupid parachute so I start shaking my risers frantically and I actually slip the Mae West.

Back to the ground...
Our CWO sees this from the Ambulance and he tells me later he starts running across the DZ because he knows whoever that is with the malfunction is gonna get creamed (literally). We had only come out the plane at 500 or maybe even less. He said that just as I had shook out the Mae West another 'chutist slipped under me and took my last 50 feet of air and I had already built up some damn good momentum.

So there I am. Everything is in slomo so I can actually see my chute correct itself so I can't understand when I don't catch air but actually drop like a stone. So now I am really plummeting and all I can really do is prepare for impact.
I actually pulled it together and managed to do a PLF (parachute landing fall). To this day I can't believe what happened next. The freaking PLF works! And I go tumbling and rolling across the DZ like I have been shot out of a 'Sac-a-potatoes' cannon, wrapping myself like a mummy in all the suspension lines.
So I am laying there looking up at the sky realizing that my arms are pinioned by my side really tightly and I start to struggle as the adrenaline REALLLY starts to kick in. Up runs the CO from another company and he asks if I am all right and I just ask him to get me out of the suspension lines. He pops his knife and cuts me out like I am in a cacoon. The adrenaline and now exhilaration sort of cause my whole body to become erect and standing like I am spring loaded and the first thing I see is the CWO mentioned earlier running up to me from about 50 feet or more away and I say, 'Hey, Chief!', and he looks and says, "Oh, it's just you". And he waves dismissively and walks away (I had a rep at that time).

All I got was some bursitis in my shoulder and some poison sumac. But you can imagine that for a worrier like me that just made every other jump worse and worse. I had three other malfunctions after that one over the years. I have never jumped again.

Here is sort of my moral of the tale. I hated every one of those damned jumps. And as I said it got progressively worse. I almost had to be dragged on to the first helicopter 'Blast'.
But I knew that if I did not jump that they would take me away from my 'family' that I loved. I could not imagine not being with my guys so I made every damn jump and then some. Probably the scariest, even considering the accidents, was once when I got stuck in the door on the red light at night far from the continental U.S. and had to wait while they racetracked so they could get the poor medic (and of course, the JM) on to the DZ. Very lonely. But if I quit I would never see my guys again and that just could not be. So I had to deal with that awful fear every time. But it was worth every freaking nano-second.

Happy Saturday!

edit on 28-5-2011 by Frater210 because: Hoo Ah.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Serendipity brought me to this post today. It is good to be here.
I too was about to 'quit' it all, and now realize my ''power'' can be mine again, as I had 'given' it away.
As a practicing Chaos-Shaman, with a bent towards quantum physics, i find your references comforting at this time,,
Maybe it shows I have been flirting with the Abyss to long, and it is time to reclaim , ''my power'' and get on with the Great Work of Transformation.
Great thread,,, I will be spending some time this weekend reading all the comments, as I have already seen Many here adding great Pearls,,,,,, amongst the Swine,,,even.
Really provocative thoughts I see here today,,, Thank the Fates, that Synchronicity serendipitously changed my Destiny again.
Now ,,, I think I can go out and have Fun again..... such a simple thing really.

Happy, Happy, Happy

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Now ,,, I think I can go out and have Fun again..... such a simple thing really. Happy, Happy, Happy

I was so happy to see your post. You are contagious and you made me think of this song. Thank you.

It's spreading....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Wow. I am glad to see your post too.

This thread is sometimes a roller coaster.

It's good to see fresh air time and time again.

Enjoy, and welcome back.

Edit~. I just could not leave it at that. I have had two people say that in this thread. That is enough to make everything I have been through myself worth it. Thank you for saying that.

You just made me very Happy Happy Happy too friend.

Now live your life and have fun again.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Yes it's spreading.........

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Some people love it, some people don't. You have some pretty scary stories there Frater.

One of my best friends is an instructor with over 6000 jumps. Free fly, head down crazy S#@$.

I always got so nervous, law of averages never got him bad. The first time I went to see him, he came in fast and rolled the DZ about 200 feet end over end.

I used to go to the DZ all the time and ride in the Otter (jump plane). That was always fun, the nose dive after everyone jumped. WEEE.

They outlawed passengers riding due to people getting out of the plane disoriented and walking into the prop. splat! Really happened.

My buddy is in this video right here.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Thanks for saying my renewed Optimism is contagious ,,, I hope for it to grow stronger now.
I think it was that I needed to remember how amazing it is when we Realize we are Powerful beyond belief when we let ourselves be,,, funny too I just read,,, another serendipitous find,,,, an article about how humans are really "Wired for Optimism" even given the fact the bad can many times outway the good,,, we tend to want to find the 'silver lining' in dark clouds brewing... I hope this fact remains with me for some time again. I have missed feeling this way. The funny part is its sudden return,,, (even though I have been working of its return,, it seems sudden today)
Thanks to the OP on this one.

very contagious and I like it

Happy, Happy, Happy ( Most of the few posts I have written,, have ended,,, Sad, Sad, Sad)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Timewalker,, Thank you,, and by the way love the moniker!

Yes,, it does feel good. Perception when it changes like this so quick and profoundly always brings with it new insights missed before, I am looking forward to the Renewal this will bring my soul. I have needed it. It sort of is like a "Tipping Point" and I had honestly feared I was being swallowed up by my own self created negativity,,, and I know I still will have to address the past vibrations I have put into place and somehow neutralize them and transform myself into the Being I know I am.
Again Thank you for the great reminder,,, I am greatful

and
Happy, Happy, Happy

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Happiness is a state of mind. It is simply being positive. Some regard being eternally happy as bad as being eternally depressed.

Perhaps from time to time we need to experience the negative to enjoy the positive?

One thing I know; and am often criticized when I share is that your mood and attitude are choices. When something happens you can choose your response.

Every morning, every horrible or wonderful event you get to choose how you would like to feel. Most just think they can't.

I'm glad you are positive, but know it has nothing to do with this thread, it is a choice you make inside.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Timewalker,, Thank you,, and by the way love the moniker!

Yes,, it does feel good. Perception when it changes like this so quick and profoundly always brings with it new insights missed before, I am looking forward to the Renewal this will bring my soul. I have needed it. It sort of is like a "Tipping Point" and I had honestly feared I was being swallowed up by my own self created negativity,,, and I know I still will have to address the past vibrations I have put into place and somehow neutralize them and transform myself into the Being I know I am.
Again Thank you for the great reminder,,, I am greatful

and
Happy, Happy, Happy
You are so welcome.

Welcome to the synchronicty club, grab a goldfish. As you read through the pages of this thread, I think you will realize just how much of it there is. Post after post, page after page.

I think most of us here in the last portions of the thread, the last 15 pages....have gone through the darkest hours through only to grab hold at the end and pull ourselves out.

If you let the negative drive, it will drive you right into the wall.

This is the way of things. I have noticed a lot of the members here have just joined recently and we are all here together now. Magnetism. I hope it keeps on attracting like minds, we just might change things here.

I think you will give all the members here a breath of fresh air and we all will realize that we are not doing this for nothing.

Now keeping in my goofy fashion this ones for you EarthCitizen23!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You are right JL.

The thread is not the tool.

The feeling had to be in there in the first place.

When ready, it perks it's head and starts noticing things a little more. Like when you get a new car you start to see them everywhere.

The thread just gives a little extra horsepower under the hood.

The engine was there.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread.
I have as of yet to really get started reading this fine thread. If it's anything along the lines of recent and similar threads, well, this is where I hope my post here is an actual contribution.

I'm inspired to cause growing and maturing minds to capture what is just out of our own grasp...as it seems to me.

But I don't know how to accomplish it without the help of youngsters...

A little carving of mine;

Adventures in Wandering and Wondering at the same time

Animals follow me mostly birds because I get around ya’ know? Cats don’t really care. Not like dogs and birds like to follow me where ever I go whether I walk, or ride my bike.

Sometimes I even wonder if some birds follow my car! It’s not like I wear sugar bread or meat, but I do talk to them. They sound off back to me in their own way. Somehow I imagine I know their replies…and it makes me glad.

What kind of stuff would you ask them?

What do you imagine their answers are?

What would make you glad?

So there you have it. I hope it's not too off topic. I'll find my reading groove and catch-up, hopefully.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Jinglelord,, Thanks and I do know full well this thread is not what made me happy,,, it was just a reminder that it is my choice of perceptions that gives my glasses the Rose Tint or the Grey gloom Tint,,,,
A Tipping Point, so I fell into the Well of Light instead of the Abyss of Darkness. Simple.
I understand my emotions rather well, and how they work with and against me,,, regardless of ''free will''
Basically it is NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming in many ways,,, plus other factors that Mind Manipulators Know all too well.
One has to understand Mind Programming,,, not to be Programmed by others wanting to influence your perceptions and actions.
I understand all too well this fact.

Still
am
Happy, Happy, Happy

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I am in a bit of a hurry right now, I will have to come back later, but wait till you get to page 21.

NooNaut!

We recruited you from the other thread.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I had assumed as someone who was a Chaos Shaman dabbling in quantum toys you are well aware of the fact that everything is and isn't and it is your choice. I just have a bad habit of restating what people said to add clarity, or sift it through my layer of understanding as not everyone understands things the same way and is often helpful for a good point to be restated in many different ways.

Either way have fun getting caught up with the thread! Feels like I've been checking this thread for a month! ha haa

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join