It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Will Vote To Declare World War 3

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732
reply to post by Kali74

Do you really think the MSM or any corporate news site will call this bill what it is?

Yep:

thehill.com...

Try doing even a shred of research before making such claims.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The United States Congress is set to vote on legislation that authorizes the official start of World War 3.

The legislation authorizes the President of the United States to take unilateral military action against all nations, organizations, and persons, both domestically and abroad, who are alleged to be currently or who have in the past supported or engaged in hostilities or who have provided aid in support of hostilities against the Untied States or any of its coalition allies.

The legislation removes the requirement of congressional approval for the use of military force and instead gives the President totalitarian dictatorial authority to engage in any and all military actions for an indefinite period of time.

It even authorizes the President the authority to launch attacks against American Citizens inside the United States with no congressional oversight whatsoever.

Source

idk if i would say ww3 just yet...we need to stop this thing though before it leads to that i do agree on that!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So does this place Obama as the anti-christ?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have never attached a person on here, and im not going to start now.

BUT "COME ONE"..............enough with this crap.
What a complete and utter load of bull.

4th line.

I have been here 7 years, and some of the threads are becoming a bit over the top.
Making the front page. Who flags this rubbish?

Sorry OP, Nothing personal, but if you start a thread saying the US is going to start WW3......Then please at least have credible sources.

Peace out, nobody died in the making of this thread

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

I believe the government already has the right to do these things, maybe it is just a law to make an excuse for actions that will likely continue more frequently in the near future (as the bill elicits).

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by fleabit

If you have no faith in the citizens of the U.S., I guess you can rabble about this. Personally, I can't see citizens just standing by why our own government attacks us enmasse, nor can I see this country launching WWIII because of this bill. You.. like so many on this board.. overreact, I think.

With all due respect, fleabit, I think you are giving the U.S. citizenry a bit too much credit. Can't you see that most of the population is completely oblivious to what is going on around them? Trying to bring awareness to the American people is like beating our heads against the wall! Americans aren't gonna wake up to anything until it's too damn late. I'm not necessarily agreeing that the government is gonna launch a full-blown attack on us right now. It's being done systematically, though. Americans aren't taking aggressive action against the blatant lies that are continuously being told. In fact, our inaction has resulted in our government not even trying very hard to hide their deceitful acts anymore....as evidenced by the recent bin Laden debacle.

I'm glad you have so much faith in the citizens of this country, cuz I've about lost mine.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion - and if you were right, that the government killed our own citizens, that we didn't -really- kill Bin Laden (and I suppose you perhaps like others, think that poor Saddam, Bin Laden, Gaddafi, and their like, are misunderstood and blamed for things they didn't do), and that sort of thing, sure.. I'd have a lot less faith in our government.

However, I do believe 9/11 was a terrorist attack. I do think we killed Bin Laden. I think our government isn't inherently evil - it's just inherently greedy. And the reason people are not aware, is because they themselves are pretty greedy. But for such a backwards financial mess our country is in, there is quite a bit of good in this country as well. I don't think all police are wicked people out to "get us," nor do I think there is a conspiracy in every even that takes place.. unlike many who visit this board.

So.. no, I won't panic, because I actually realize how good we have it in America, and I think many who live here don't realize it. All people do any more is whine about how evil the government is, how horrible their freedoms are, how "the man" ruins their life. They praise foreign dictators, and scorn all of our own leaders. I don't think there is an agenda to poison entire cities with planes, nor that some alien lizard, neo-nazi billionaire Illuminati puppeteers are controlling everything behind the scenes for some unknown, wicked agenda that plays out over the centuries.

The U.S. in particular now have no idea what it is to really fight for freedoms - they angst over stupid crap on a daily basis. And they are missing out on that thing called LIFE. One day, when they are older and greyer, perhaps they will -really- wake up.. and say.. "holy crap.. I just wasted half my life fearing.. everything!"

So.. no, I don't think there is some secret, WWIII, citizen-attacking agenda in this reworded bill, which is just trying to leave some wiggle room for any further escalation in terrorist activities.
edit on 16-5-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I couldn't disagree with you more.

I don't think there is an agenda to poison entire cities with planes, nor that some alien lizard, neo-nazi billionaire Illuminati puppeteers are controlling everything behind the scenes for some unknown, wicked agenda that plays out over the centuries.

....and I have never shaken hands with any of the terrorists we are supposed to fear so much. These groups of terrorists are no easier to believe in, than the stuff you spoke of. Why? Because they don't really exist. It's the CIA.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The United States Congress is set to vote on legislation that authorizes the official start of World War 3.

The legislation authorizes the President of the United States to take unilateral military action against all nations, organizations, and persons, both domestically and abroad, who are alleged to be currently or who have in the past supported or engaged in hostilities or who have provided aid in support of hostilities against the Untied States or any of its coalition allies.

The legislation removes the requirement of congressional approval for the use of military force and instead gives the President totalitarian dictatorial authority to engage in any and all military actions for an indefinite period of time.

It even authorizes the President the authority to launch attacks against American Citizens inside the United States with no congressional oversight whatsoever.

Source

Well I hope America's young ladies are ready for front line infantry. Because in order to support this they will need to enact a draft. Gen Y males= A) undraftable, B) most are too much out of shape and C) most just aren't capable of being violent.

While Gen Y gal's are A) draftable, B) in shape mostly, and C) very prone to violence.

This should be amusing to say the least...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

where are you finding any in shape gen y girls????

let me know

all i see are overweight smoking drinking skanks around here

oh yea and mental issues severe mental issues, dont leave those out

even the college educated ones are nuttier then a peanut plantation
edit on 16-5-2011 by TheDevilOfLies because: becaise stone cold sayd so

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies

where are you finding any in shape gen y girls????

let me know

all i see are overweight smoking drinking skanks around here

oh yea and mental issues severe mental issues, dont leave those out

even the college educated ones are nuttier then a peanut plantation
edit on 16-5-2011 by TheDevilOfLies because: becaise stone cold sayd so

They are more in shape on average then gen Y males, it doesn't mean as a group they are all in super shape.
And even though some of them are a few cards short of a full deck they are still violent. But that doesn't matter, what does matter is the sheer amount of privilege and opportunity they enjoyed and will have to pay for.I would be a fool to think race matters all that much because I have seen with my own two eyes how the feminist educational system discriminates against males of other races differently. Women wanted supremacy instead of equality so now they are going to have to pay their dues.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

What is the Bill number??

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

edit on 5/16/2011 by OrphenFire because: Double Post

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire

edit on 5/16/2011 by OrphenFire because: Double Post

I believe he is referring to section 1034 of H.R. 1540, as discussed here:

thehill.com...

but i could be wrong as i'm not going to visit his blog. to confirm. If it IS HR 1540 i question the interpretation of the bill.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

??

Section 1034—Affirmation of Armed Conflict with Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and Associated Forces This section would affirm that the United States is engaged in an armed conflict with al Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated forces pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note). This section would also affirm that the President’s authority pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force includes the authority to detain certain belligerents until the termination of hostilities. The committee notes that as the United States nears the tenth anniversary of the attacks on September 11, 2001, the terrorist threat has evolved as a result of intense military and diplomatic pressure from the United States and its coalition partners. However, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated forces still pose a grave threat to U.S. national security. The Authorization for Use of Military Force necessarily includes the authority to address the continuing and evolving threat posed by these groups. The committee supports the Executive Branch’s interpretation of the Authorization for Use of Military Force, as it was described in a March 13, 2009, filing before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. While this affirmation is not intended to limit or alter the President’s existing authority pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force, the Executive Branch’s March 13, 2009, interpretation remains consistent with the scope of the authorities provided by Congress. Section 1035—Requirement

thehill.com...
edit on 16-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I found the bill.

H. R. 1540

I'm going to read it and see if any of the OP's claims are worth a damn.

There is no Section 1034 of this bill...

The only mention of "1034" is when referring to Section 1034 of the United States Code.
edit on 5/16/2011 by OrphenFire because: no section 1034

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There are two versions of this bill. I'm not entirely sure which one is the current version, but I trust GovTrack.us way more than The Hill. Here are both versions. GovTrack has Sec. 1034 omitted. I think it was taken out.

GovTrack Version
The Hill Version

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I found the bill.

H. R. 1540

I'm going to read it and see if any of the OP's claims are worth a damn.

There is no Section 1034 of this bill...

What I am trying to figure out is how that interpretation is being made, even based on the version posted in the Hill in my previous post.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wait wait wait, this thread has 84 flags, and the source is a blog???
well either way this Bill is not going to start WW3..and if you really think it is, bring some better proof to the table.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh well, it was a lovely world while we still had the chance to live on it. Whatever time anybody has, enjoy it all to the best of your ability.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

i sure can agree with ya on that

(2nd line since everyone else always gets away with doing this)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
[quote I couldn't disagree with you more.

....and I have never shaken hands with any of the terrorists we are supposed to fear so much. These groups of terrorists are no easier to believe in, than the stuff you spoke of. Why? Because they don't really exist. It's the CIA.

Do you have a source for proof of these claims, other than some random youtube videos, blogs, or conspiracy board posts?

No.. I thought not.

It's kind of funny really...

U.S. Government: "We were attacked by terrorists."
Terrorists: "We attacked you!"
Theorists: "Our government attacked us!"

Just like..

U.S. Government: "We killed Bin Laden!"
Terrorists: "You killed Bin Laden!"
Relatives of Bin Laden: "You killed Bin Laden!"
Pakistan Government: "You killed Bin Laden!"

Theorists: "That's not Bin Laden.. that's a stand-in.. he has been dead for months and months!

And we are supposed to believe you over several governments and people in the know.. because why.. you are righteous and more intelligent than all of them? Yea.. right.. ok.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join